Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,577 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

as gay, then queer
What's the difference? Serious question.
PlaneCrashGuy
Daddy-O5
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Quote:

as gay, then queer
What's the difference? Serious question.

"Gay" was the first cry for attention, "queer" was the second when no one cared about the first.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Chinese spy balloon and bud light meltdown most entertaining stories of 2023.
The Fife
Zarathustra said:

Evolve and Elevate

FFS man, electrolosys... laser... do something about that nasty beard and stache shadow that's going on there!
45-70Ag
AG
He needs to be dropped off in North Korea. I'd like to see the reaction of their fat leader meeting this freak.
fka ftc
His dad seems like an enabler of mentally ill people. He has to be a professor at a liberal university or a psychiatrist or a pediatrician providing gender affirming care.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
cecil77
AG
I think it will eventually come out that his entire schtick is a profitable goof on everyone.
Kenneth_2003
AG
It's probably too late for Budweiser now... but

AMC is airing all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers today. However they're doing them with commercials so each 1hr episode is taking closer to 1hr 45min. Budweiser, if they still were as a company who they used to be, should have underwritten the event. Commercial free.

The US Budweiser family has a LOT of veterans that work for them. They've done spots on them before. For memorial day though, look at employees that will be remembering friends or family today. Intro each episode with a 2 minute spot. Each spot giving time to two different employees of Budweiser. Let them tell us who they are, what they do at Budweiser, then tell the story of their friend or family member that gave their life in service of this country. End it with their classic tagline, "This Bud is for you."

But I guess since SecDef isn't honored on Memorial Day, AB doesn't give a ____ anymore.

God bless all of those who have laid the ultimate sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.
Txhuntr
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

It's probably too late for Budweiser now... but

AMC is airing all 10 episodes of Band of Brothers today. However they're doing them with commercials so each 1hr episode is taking closer to 1hr 45min. Budweiser, if they still were as a company who they used to be, should have underwritten the event. Commercial free.

The US Budweiser family has a LOT of veterans that work for them. They've done spots on them before. For memorial day though, look at employees that will be remembering friends or family today. Intro each episode with a 2 minute spot. Each spot giving time to two different employees of Budweiser. Let them tell us who they are, what they do at Budweiser, then tell the story of their friend or family member that gave their life in service of this country. End it with their classic tagline, "This Bud is for you."

But I guess since SecDef isn't honored on Memorial Day, AB doesn't give a ____ anymore.

God bless all of those who have laid the ultimate sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

This man could've saved bud light for probably a fraction of the cost of horse face 2.0 was raking in. They really don't want to be saved by consumers…they'd rather bow to the financial overlords
Tanya 93
2 to go gallons of margaritas this morning
ContinentalAg
Just got back from HEB. Mexican beers almost sold out but only a few cases out of the BL, Bud and MU displays.
Faustus
Poor BL.

They ain't going to forgive your cheatin heart. It's just going to be a series of black eyes on the earnings reports.
The Fife
45-70Ag said:

He needs to be dropped off in North Korea. I'd like to see the reaction of their fat leader meeting this freak.
Daddy-O5
AG
Doing my part
The Fife
#metoo
JaxDad
AG
Let AB be that partially sunken ship that warns others not to sail the woke waters.
ProgN
JaxDad said:

Let AB be that partially sunken ship that warns others not to sail the woke waters.

I've tried to make this my sig, thank you Techno-Ag, but TA doesn't allow it or it's because I'm old and a tech idiot. I'd bet on the latter.
TRM
AG
Skillet Shot
ContinentalAg said:

Just got back from HEB. Mexican beers almost sold out but only a few cases out of the BL, Bud and MU displays.

Exact same thing at my HEB. Bud was fully stocked. Mexican beers, yuengling and coors were almost empty. Miller was being restocked when I was there.
techno-ag
AG
Only thing I got is try the image codes [ img ] before the URL and [/ img ] after the URL (but remove spaces). If that doesn't work, dunno. I recollect someone had a graphic in their sig years ago but I don't see it these days.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Gilligan
AG
ProgN said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The Mulvaney ticktock video was released on April 1st when a lot of companies were putting out April fools videos and so forth.

So bud light had the opportunity to come out and say this was an April fools bit, but they didn't have the leadership to get that done.

They had a good off ramp on this deal but they didn't take it.

Like the poster said above, I don't see how you don't clear out the entire c-suite and the board of directors over this. They put Toonces behind the wheel and went straight off a cliff. I don't know how you spin this as purely a business decision either. This was an intentional act that was so out of touch with reality that I don't know how you spin it as a business mistake, in that 'we tried something new and it didn't work out.'

Shareholders invested in AB because it was a safe bet. Up until now, it was unforeseeable that a company would **** up so bad as to intentionally destroy its most popular brand.

All the C level people and board went jesus take the wheel on this. Huge failure of leadership.
401ks are used to turn brands woke, revealed by ex-Anheuser-Busch exec

https://mol.im/a/12129995

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12129995/How-401k-savings-used-turn-biggest-brands-woke-revealed-ex-Anheuser-Busch-exec.html

This is a good read and explains it well. It deserves it own thread because more people should read it, but I don't have the time now to create one. If anyone reads it and feels the same way, by all means take the reins and create a new thread.

These Big 3 using our 401Ks against us is the root cause of all this and employees need to revolt and demand their corporations dump them as directors for their 401Ks.

ESG and DEI are the worst
Old Sarge
AG
Robert's Rules of Order.

We acknowledge that ESG and DEI are bad, and now back to the topic at hand......

Bud Light/AB need to wallow in their poor decisions. We need to continue to help them understand the error of their ways, and watch the fallout, which is being documented here.
will25u
Stat Monitor Repairman
I think bud light is done.

Theres no coming back from this.

I don't anticipate people are gonna all of a sudden start buying bud light again in a few months.

This ain't even a boycott in a traditional sense.

People stopped drinking bud light because bud light made itself a pain in the ass.

Nobody wants to buy a product with a controversy attached to it.
deddog
AG
Skillet Shot said:

ContinentalAg said:

Exact same thing at my HEB. Bud was fully stocked. Mexican beers, yuengling and coors were almost empty. Miller was being restocked when I was there.
I was finally unable to get any Yuengling Flight or Yuengling 99 in our South West Austin HEB.

I was forced to buy Budweiser.

Just kidding, I don't drink ****** beer.

Faustus
Watching you guys revolt and decapitate the King of Beers has been awesome.

At the end of the day AB was out of touch with its people, with Mulvaney as Antoinette.
nortex97
AG
It has been fun. Interesting comment/discussion over at Ace: Nashville AB distributor renames stage from "Bud Light Stage" to "Mich Ultra."

Quote:

You've read all the reports about the catastrophic drop in Bud Light sales since Anheuser Busch (AB InBev) slandered its loyal customers as being the wrong type of people, and then decided to make a celebrity cross-dresser the face of the product.

A major re-branding, or an all-new replacement light beer, is likely the resolution that AB will have to pursue.

A story from Tennessee shows just how damaged the Bud Light brand is. For decades, one of the stages at Chattanooga's downtown summer music festival has been "The Bud Light Stage," sponsored by the local AB distributor.

No longer.
[url=https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/may/16/riverbends-bud-light-stage-now-called-ultra-stage/]
Chattanooga Riverbend Festival's Bud Light Stage now called Ultra Stage [5/16/2023][/url]

Quote:

Change has been the name of the game for the Riverbend Festival in recent years, and the changes keep coming as the Bud Light Stage has been renamed the Ultra Stage.
Michelob Ultra is another light beer produced by AB. The change in the name of the stage's sponsor was made at the request of the local AB distributor.

The rebranding of the "Bud Light Stage" to the "Ultra Stage" reflects more than just how toxic the Bud Light brand is. AB distributors need to sell beer, and any money spent promoting Bud Light is going to be wasted. While AB as a whole is being hit hard, its other brands are not as radioactive as Bud Light.

Quote:

Fortunately for most Anheuser Busch distributors, they carry a wide array of products, so the death of just one label need not be a bankrupting event.

But it's sad that those most invested in AB's products aren't the executives and marketers who are actively destroying the company in support of cultural communism. Distributors' actual survival depends on AB remaining a major player in the beer industry. Destructive managers at AB will just get golden parachutes and move along.

Anheuser Busch's CEO, Brendan Whitworth, is an Ivy Leaguer who worked at the CIA, and in just a few short years after hiring on at AB, he somehow leapfrogged all the AB lifers who were truly committed to the company. Under Whitworth's leadership, AB hired more Ivy Leaguers - who openly discuss their contempt for Budweiser's actual customers - to remake the company into something that would impress the communists in Davos. Thus, Alissa Heinerscheid was hired to insult Bud Light drinkers and to make its image more gender fluid.

Budweiser distributors need AB to be successful. Whitworth and Heinerscheid don't. If their mismanagement completely destroys AB in the United States, they will still be feted in Davos and have any number of opportunities to further enrich themselves in the government / globalist nexus.
I forgot that the despicable person who is Cindy McCain (RIP, Arizona) inherited her wealth in the form of a huge InBev distributor. That impact from this brightened my morning.
JFABNRGR
AG
I don't think they are done but I do believe they will lose significant shelf space in the market to other brands and once that square footage is gone it will be near impossible to get back.

Just look at the pics and imagine AB only having 25% of that, while theyr competitors enjoy added space.
FTAG 2000
AG
Quote:

Fortunately for most Anheuser Busch distributors, they carry a wide array of products, so the death of just one label need not be a bankrupting event.

Bankrupting? Probably not.

But anytime a company's number one skew gets destroyed, they are going to have a substantial revenue hit.
powerbelly
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Quote:

But anytime a company's number one skew gets destroyed, they are going to have a substantial revenue hit.
Exactly. I would not be happy if my top line decreased 5-10% due to my main product taking a 20-30% dive.

Not to mention having a product that will expire just sitting in a warehouse.
CDUB98
AG
We've got about 10-12 weeks before we find out the destruction officially. Gonna be a long wait, but I'm a bit giddy with anticipation.
Eso si, Que es
powerbelly said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Quote:

Exactly. I would not be happy if my top line decreased 5-10% due to my main product taking a 20-30% dive.

I strongly suspect the 20-30% dive is a shell game and the hit is far more significant to BL.
powerbelly
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

powerbelly said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Quote:

I strongly suspect the 20-30% dive is a shell game and the hit is far more significant to BL.
I'm not so sure. I think there will be a buffer from shipments to distributors and contractual agreements with stadiums. If this continues through the summer I think you will see a greater impact.
nortex97
AG
I think Marcel Marcondes is the actual marketing genius behind the 'multicultural marketing' push over the past year that lead to the DM disaster. Ultimately Brendan Whitworth seems like the person most responsible for this recent 'shift' though.
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.