Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,580 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

"The marketplace has become saturated with hostility that seems to break out in any number of places at any time."

Scott Broetzmann, CEO of Customer Care Measurement & Consulting
You the consumer ... yes you!

Stop being so hostile by not buying bud light.
bonfarr
AG
They are going to have to increase the rebate until it makes financial sense to buy the beer and pour it onto the ground to recycle the cans for money. Everyone will be like the Portland junkies that buy cases of water with charity coupons only to pour it out to recycle for .10 a bottle.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
agent-maroon
AG
I look forward to seeing how the retaliation against these upstart - what did they call them again? oh, yeah "consumers" - is going to work out for our corporate overlords!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AnScAggie
AG
Went to Big House Burger in Alice Thursday and HEB afterwards. The amount of Bud Light drank at BHB and in carts was astonishing. It's almost like they're low information beer consumers.

Edit to correct Big House Burgers
Pizza
AnScAggie said:

Went to Bog House Burger in Alice Thursday and HEB afterwards. The amount of Bud Light drank at BHB and in carts was astonishing. It's almost like they're low information beer consumers.

Several restaurants have posted on fb that they've thrown all the BUD products in the trash where I'm at. Was just at King Soopers, and nobody has even touched a case & its memorial day weekend.

Glad the boycott of that trash is working.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
aezmvp
ABATTBQ11 said:

NASAg03 said:

Bud Light and Target sales are down a combined $28 billion

AB shares are down 14%, or $19 billion.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/target-bud-light-investors-lose-billions-on-marketing-misses

That's stock, not sales. AB is definitely the boycott. Target has been having problems for awhile, but I'm sure the poor performance of AB and calls to boycott Target are bringing them down some. The actual business impact on Target remains to be seen.
Target is mostly from shrinkage and their exposure to grocery / cosmetics now being key to their success. If they lose a portion of their grocery business to others they'll be in real trouble. That's the risk exposure in a tightened economy changing buying habits to lower cost grocery (Walmart & Aldi) or a customer backlash depriving them of a segment of customers.

Target has set themselves up as a lifestyle brand. It's Walmart for people who shop at Whole Foods. They've talked about this as their differentiator in the space for at least 20 years. That's a rough spot to be in in 2023 when there are so many lightening rods out there. They're HQ'd in a blue city in a blue state. They've invest heavily in urban stores and now that's coming back to bite them. It's a huge real estate exposure. But sunk cost and all that, Target will start giving up on a good portion of those stores if something doesn't change. The problem is that the behavior once established will be difficult to stop and Target loves to grab A or B type commercial spots near major arteries (primarily interstate and US highways). Go ahead, open up Google maps and look for yourself. See that? If you look at DFW Target has roughly 35-40 stores. Of which 5 are not on a road like that. In Houston it is 2 of 20. That's their corporate real estate strategy.

What's the point? The point is that smash and grab thieves will be able to hit those stores and get on a highway and it will be very difficult for them to get caught. It won't stay in the urban core and it will be hard for suburban cities to keep a constant police presence in those areas. Expect a lot more of the vertical lift police boxes (probably unmanned) to show up in Target lots soon.
Kenneth_2003
AG
AnScAggie said:

Went to Bog House Burger in Alice Thursday and HEB afterwards. The amount of Bud Light drank at BHB and in carts was astonishing. It's almost like they're low information beer consumers.
Alice, TX...
I think you nailed it right here... "It's almost like they're low information beer consumers."
Kenneth_2003
AG
Quote:

Target is mostly from shrinkage and their exposure to grocery / cosmetics now being key to their success. If they lose a portion of their grocery business to others they'll be in real trouble. That's the risk exposure in a tightened economy changing buying habits to lower cost grocery (Walmart & Aldi) or a customer backlash depriving them of a segment of customers.

Target has set themselves up as a lifestyle brand. It's Walmart for people who shop at Whole Foods. They've talked about this as their differentiator in the space for at least 20 years.
I think this is the key, in recent years, to their being able to shrug off other forays into the Woke world. Middle-Upper Class Suburban women, both working and SAH view Target as the weekday grab a few items. To go inside grab a Starbucks then look at a few shirts or some new seasonal decor or the discount rack, then pick up a quick birthday gift or the mid-week light groceries or their favorite face cream.

Their stores are cleaner and FAR less crowded than Wal-Mart and by that token generally less "people of Wal-Marty." I think women in general are starting to find their voice in the growing trans movement and they're growing increasingly disgruntled at having *****es inside their tent.

Edit... Why is p*e*n*i*s censored? It's not slang, it's not vulgar, it's not derogatory or hateful.
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

1 MU
4 Modelo

Between 9-6 today
You shouldn't let your cooks drink on the job.
TexasAggiesWin
S
AnScAggie said:

Well, we found where the people on that cruise who were drinking Butt Light live
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bud light made a deal with the devil and trying to bargain for its soul back.
nortex97
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

"The marketplace has become saturated with hostility that seems to break out in any number of places at any time."

Yes, all the conservatives I know just want to focus on trans issues all the time.
Shoefly!
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Quote:

Target has set themselves up as a lifestyle brand. It's Walmart for people who shop at Whole Foods. They've talked about this as their differentiator in the space for at least 20 years.
I think this is the key, in recent years, to their being able to shrug off other forays into the Woke world. Middle-Upper Class Suburban women, both working and SAH view Target as the weekday grab a few items. To go inside grab a Starbucks then look at a few shirts or some new seasonal decor or the discount rack, then pick up a quick birthday gift or the mid-week light groceries or their favorite face cream.

Their stores are cleaner and FAR less crowded than Wal-Mart and by that token generally less "people of Wal-Marty." I think women in general are starting to find their voice in the growing trans movement and they're growing increasingly disgruntled at having *****es inside their tent.

I've said it all along about this bullsheet, it's going to take women to stop this carp! They're a helluva lot meaner when they get their hackle's up! You let these moron's know with your pocketbook!
Stat Monitor Repairman
The Mulvaney ticktock video was released on April 1st when a lot of companies were putting out April fools videos and so forth.

So bud light had the opportunity to come out and say this was an April fools bit, but they didn't have the leadership to get that done.

They had a good off ramp on this deal but they didn't take it.

Like the poster said above, I don't see how you don't clear out the entire c-suite and the board of directors over this. They put Toonces behind the wheel and went straight off a cliff. I don't know how you spin this as purely a business decision either. This was an intentional act that was so out of touch with reality that I don't know how you spin it as a business mistake, in that 'we tried something new and it didn't work out.'

Shareholders invested in AB because it was a safe bet. Up until now, it was unforeseeable that a company would **** up so bad as to intentionally destroy its most popular brand.

All the C level people and board went jesus take the wheel on this. Huge failure of leadership.
YouBet
AG

Quote:

They are confused and upset because their campaign to indoctrinate citizens with ever leftward moving ideology (ie "Purpose Driven Marketing") hit a bump in the road.
ProgN

The Mulvaney ticktock video was released on April 1st when a lot of companies were putting out April fools videos and so forth.

So bud light had the opportunity to come out and say this was an April fools bit, but they didn't have the leadership to get that done.

Like the poster said above, I don't see how you don't clear out the entire c-suite and the board of directors over this. They put Toonces behind the wheel and went straight off a cliff. I don't know how you spin this as purely a business decision either. This was an intentional act that was so out of touch with reality that I don't know how you spin it as a business mistake, in that 'we tried something new and it didn't work out.'

Shareholders invested in AB because it was a safe bet. Up until now, it was unforeseeable that a company would **** up so bad as to intentionally destroy its most popular brand.

All the C level people and board went jesus take the wheel on this. Huge failure of leadership.
401ks are used to turn brands woke, revealed by ex-Anheuser-Busch exec

https://mol.im/a/12129995

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12129995/How-401k-savings-used-turn-biggest-brands-woke-revealed-ex-Anheuser-Busch-exec.html

This is a good read and explains it well. It deserves it own thread because more people should read it, but I don't have the time now to create one. If anyone reads it and feels the same way, by all means take the reins and create a new thread.

These Big 3 using our 401Ks against us is the root cause of all this and employees need to revolt and demand their corporations dump them as directors for their 401Ks.
Tanya 93
Ag with kids said:

Tanya 93 said:

1 MU
4 Modelo

Between 9-6 today
You shouldn't let your cooks drink on the job.

They get their drinks for free.

I actually sold an MU.
fightingfarmer09
BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart
How much you drinkin' every week, son?
I am interested to know how much beer the average TexAg'er drinks (compared to how much they claim to drink).

If I buy a six-pack (always glass, can't stand canned beer), it takes me a solid two weeks, at best, to get through it. This board makes me think people are downing six-packs every night, lol.

I prefer the Coors Light screw cap pints. I buy the 9 count box and only drink one if I mow the yard or cook outside. So maybe 2-3 max a week. Usually one a week.
Prosperdick
AG

Exactly...New Coke was simply "we need our brand to taste sweeter to be more like Pepsi." You can easily see the underpinnings of why they made that decision.

This one you could have polled any 100 people ANYWHERE in the United States, even blue areas, and it would be 90% against it. Why even blue areas? Because it's such a galactically stupid idea that even leftists polled asking should a blue collar beer be marketed using a transgender person would overwhelmingly say "that's a REALLY bad idea."

Yet they went forward anyway...incredible.
ProgN
bonfarr
AG

Saying it was an April Fools Day joke would be the dumbest thing they could have done, no one would have believed that and they would like like even bigger fools for trying to pass it off as a joke.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Showertime at the Bidens

The ad also came out at the same time Riley Gaines was physically assaulted by a man dressed up as a woman.

AB should have came out and apologized, and threw a bunch of sponsorships at female athletes.
Jack Squat 83
AG
I still think the over-the-top, prancing fairy DM was the straw that broke the camel's back. The continual, 24/7 push for causes 180 degrees against traditional American values from every possible angle finally hit the boiling point. For many of us we've simply had all we can take.

If the Target(ing) children thing takes hold, these sobs 'might' get the message. I hope and pray we don't have short memories.

What they don't get is it is not simply a matter of transphobia for this attention ***** DM, it's the entire in-your-face onslaught against normal Americans.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
bonfarr
AG
Jack Squat 83 said:

I still think the over-the-top, prancing fairy DM was the straw that broke the camel's back. The continual, 24/7 push for causes 180 degrees against traditional American values from every possible angle finally hit the boiling point. For many of us we've simply had all we can take.

If the Target(ing) children thing takes hold, these sobs 'might' get the message. I hope and pray we don't have short memories.

What they don't get is it is not simply a matter of transphobia for this attention ***** DM, it's the entire in-your-face onslaught against normal Americans.

Hiring that anorexic Audrey Hepburn impersonator to promote BL and March Madness pushed a lot of people over the top. There are plenty of WNBA stars that happen to be lesbian they could have partnered with to promote the beer and March Madness and no one would have questioned it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
https://instagr.am/p/CrlYS2vMBjy
BillYeoman
I still believe it was the tone of the person who came up with this ad campaign that broke the camels back.

She was basically calling all Bud Light drinkers sinners while proselytizing her woke message.

YouBet
AG
ProgN said:

401ks are used to turn brands woke, revealed by ex-Anheuser-Busch exec

https://mol.im/a/12129995

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12129995/How-401k-savings-used-turn-biggest-brands-woke-revealed-ex-Anheuser-Busch-exec.html

This is a good read and explains it well. It deserves it own thread because more people should read it, but I don't have the time now to create one. If anyone reads it and feels the same way, by all means take the reins and create a new thread.

These Big 3 using our 401Ks against us is the root cause of all this and employees need to revolt and demand their corporations dump them as directors for their 401Ks.

I remember the following because we discussed it on here in passing. I have mentioned it before but couldn't recall the name of the group. I just remember thinking and commenting at the time that the message was more about the current quarterly earnings system and how companies have become so beholden to that it distorts businesses.

We clearly swung way, way hard the other direction and sprinted past the issue into insane land.

Quote:

2019 was a turning point.

That year, the Business Roundtable, which is a group of CEOs from America's largest companies, adopted a new Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation declaring that all companies 'share a fundamental commitment to all of our stakeholders' to promote the larger social good.

188 American CEOs signed on.
TX_COWDOC
AG
Is there a list of companies that signed on / endorsed?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
dreyOO
The social good? Lordy that sounds like a joke if pushing trannies down our throat was part of the agenda.

First thing that pops into my head is Hot Fuzz and all the crazy city leaders cult mentality.
. . .
https://system.businessroundtable.org/app/uploads/sites/5/2023/02/WSJ_BRT_POC_Ad.pdf
Texasaggie32
They honestly need to can the CEO and the rest of the leadership. Only way this boycott from both sides will be stopped.
Aglaw97
AG
This is the great battle being waged in Boardrooms today. Stakeholder vs stockholder capitalism. Delaware law has not changed the duties of directors to focus on the latter. Institutions want them to focus on the former. From a purely legal perspective it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the coming years. The pendulum is already swinging back from 2019.
Showertime at the Bidens

Evolve and Elevate

Stat Monitor Repairman
Aglaw97 said:

Delaware law has not changed the duties of directors to focus on the latter.
Delaware sells stability and predictability as a legal regime.

Thats their rice bowl.

So I guess the corporation as an entity is getting what it paid for, but it's to the overall detriment of the shareholders.

Roughly 65% of the Fortune 500 is the law of the state of Delaware. And maybe 90% of tech companies.

So if we are talking about getting some sort of increased accountability to the shareholders ...

I guess we are ultimately dealing with 1-million voters in that state. Wild to think about.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

might be a little interested in women after coming out as gay, then queer, then non-binary, then trans...
Just admit you're effed up but don't know how to fix it. I would be shocked if he could shock his parents with anything that he was attempting to try next
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.