Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,672 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am seeing the same, if it wasn't for the Migrant workers the Bud Light declines in Texas would be even greater. The distributors I have talked to say their accounts in the heavily Hispanic shopped areas are the only good accounts they have right now. Their assumption is those guys aren't on Twitter, Instagram, etc and don't follow the news reports on it so they are oblivious of the Mulvaney incident and boycott.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
American Hardwood
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

Texmid said:

Just talked to a good friend who runs a big golf tournament in west Texas. Every year the local Bud distributor donates a bunch of cases of beer for the tournament. This year the board of directors for the golf course decided they did not want Bud products and refused the donation. The Bud guys were pissed that they had donated for years and the golf board would not help them rebuild their brand.
I would show the Bud guys the examples of how AB isn't really serious about rebuilding their brand. I would then politely let them know that we wouldn't be damaging our brand to help a company that isn't serious about fixing their own.
This is exactly the right response.
agent-maroon
AG
The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

Went to Red Hot Chili Peppers concert last night at minute maid park.

I guess they have contract with AB? That's mostly what they sold, those brands.

Many people bought Bud Light.
Bought? Nah, concessions was told to give it away, give it away, give it away now!

Your dad joke game is... STRONG!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BigBrother
AG
agent-maroon said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

Bought? Nah, concessions was told to give it away, give it away, give it away now!

I know. I know. For sure!
NASAg03
Bud Light and Target sales are down a combined $28 billion

AB shares are down 14%, or $19 billion.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/target-bud-light-investors-lose-billions-on-marketing-misses
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
Stat Monitor Repairman
Trans women almost as expensive as regular women.
deddog
AG
agent-maroon said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

Boo, come on, this was much better than a dad joke!!

On an unrelated note, this thread is like the Charlie Strong years Horn Meltdown thread, but for Bud Light
agent-maroon
AG
deddog said:

agent-maroon said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

On an unrelated note, this thread is like the Charlie Strong years Horn Meltdown thread, but for Bud Light

I posted out of a sincere and profound respect for the humor that joke represented. How was I to know that the term "dad joke" could have offended some random F16 reader? That's a compliment of the highest order amongst my kind!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
agent-maroon said:

deddog said:

agent-maroon said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

I posted out of a sincere and profound respect for the humor that joke represented. How was I to know that the term "dad joke" could have offended some random F16 reader? That's a compliment of the highest order amongst my kind!
F16 everyday:

sam callahan
I could fix this for A-B for $100 Million
akm91
AG
HK seem to have learned the BL lesson.

HK Learned from BL's Woke Identity Politics Lesson
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I don't understand how it's sexist or trashy to have women in bikinis for a commercial, yet enlightening to have men in the same bikinis.
CDUB98
AG
Because you think with logic, not emotion.
TRIDENT
AG
sam callahan said:

If you really could, they would pay it in a heartbeat.
Icecream_Ag
S
sam callahan said:

100million vs 19billion...you're asking for chump change
ProgN
TRIDENT said:

sam callahan said:

If you really could, they would pay it in a heartbeat.
It'd be easy to fix, bring the active boycott to an end, and rapidly rebuild their core customers, but they'd never do it. They know this and hope they can weather through because of American's attention span.
Nanomachines son
deddog said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

It's water under the bridge

Californication will do that to you.
aggielostinETX
AG
Damn….
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
ProgN
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bud-light-24-pack-sells-3-49-least-1-store-sales-tank-report
Quote:

Bud Light sales fell for the sixth straight week, industry data shows, amid a boycott that has retailers desperate to unload the unwanted beer.

Since Anheuser-Busch's ill-fated team-up with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, the beer giant's sales have tanked, its stock price is down, and stores have begun marking down Bud Light and other Anheuser-Busch products to get them off their shelves.

Analysts for the trade publication Beer Business Daily, who reviewed Nielsen IQ data, said Bud Light volumes for the week ending May 13 fell 28.4%, following a 27.7% decline the week before.

In at least one store, according to the report, a Bud Light 24-pack was priced as low as $3.49.

Other Anheuser-Busch brands have taken a hit, too, with Budweiser Red volumes down 14.9% for that week and Michelob Ultra down 6.8%.

Competitors are benefiting from the controversy, with Coors Light sales up 16.9% and Miller Lite up 15.1%, according to Beer Business Daily.
Quote:

Beer Business Daily analysts expect more promotions throughout the summer to turn around Budweiser's sales.

"This could be a promotional summer the likes we haven't seen since after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, where there was so much beer inventory backed up in the trade that it initiated the price war of all price wars," Beer Business Daily said.

The trade publication explained that "large price wars are often sparked by external eventsin that case Hurricane Katrina, and in this case Hurricane Mulvaney."

"The only difference this time is the external event is only negatively affecting one brewer," the report said.

Hurricane Mulvaney!! I'm shamelessly stealing that.

Where's all the dem allies that were supposed to make up the sales and hold up the stock price so they could stick it to us bigots?

Can one of you tech savvy people replace the word 'world' with 'Transheuser-Bush' in this gif for me. I would like to use it on several other social media. TIA
techno-ag
AG
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

YouBet
AG
ProgN said:

Quote:

"This could be a promotional summer the likes we haven't seen since after Hurricane Katrina in 2005, where there was so much beer inventory backed up in the trade that it initiated the price war of all price wars," Beer Business Daily said.

I don't remember a price war after Katrina and don't understand why that would have caused one, but this guy certainly did his part to keep inventory low:

ProgN
techno-ag said:

Thanks but change it to

Transheuser-Bush

Please
Stat Monitor Repairman
100-years ago kinfolk were trying not to starve to death. Now our biggest problem is deciding what low calorie light beer we ain't gonna drink because of a twink-'n-a-tub.

So overall we doing pretty good and ain't got nothing to complain about.

Yet.
Prosperdick
AG
Quote:

In at least one store, according to the report, a Bud Light 24-pack was priced as low as $3.49.
14 cents a can!!! I know a couple of guys who could make some money. Here's a shot of one of them drinking a Bud Light:
techno-ag
AG
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

ProgN
techno-ag said:

Gracias
1st Generation Ag
Definitely Not A Cop said:

I don't understand how it's sexist or trashy to have women in bikinis for a commercial, yet enlightening to have men in the same bikinis.
It's durn simple. Feminists hate the very idea of looking good for men. Women who deliberately wear bikinis to look good for the approval of men are traitors. Feminists don't compete with men who wear bikinis. The rest is just rationalization.

Gay men also don't like competing with women in bikinis for the attention of men. Men who want to be women don't want to compete with real women who wear bikinis. And so on.
Stat Monitor Repairman

2023 and we got Bud for 3.49 a case baby!

A case of beer for the price of a gallon of gas! Aint' nowhere in the world you gonna get close to that.

The future is lit! What a time to be alive!
Tanya 93
1 MU
4 Modelo

Between 9-6 today
Stat Monitor Repairman
You send in for that bud light rebate and god only knows what kind of mailing lists you get on.
ABATTBQ11
AG
NASAg03 said:

Bud Light and Target sales are down a combined $28 billion

AB shares are down 14%, or $19 billion.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/target-bud-light-investors-lose-billions-on-marketing-misses

That's stock, not sales. AB is definitely the boycott. Target has been having problems for awhile, but I'm sure the poor performance of AB and calls to boycott Target are bringing them down some. The actual business impact on Target remains to be seen.
ShaggySLC
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

2023 and we got Bud for 3.49 a case baby!

A case of beer for the price of a gallon of gas! Aint' nowhere in the world you gonna get close to that.

The future is lit! What a time to be alive!

Eso si, Que es
At local convenient store I bought last 6 pack of Yuengeing and there was only one 12 pack of BL missing and 2 12 packs of bud missin. I told the clerk they need to carry Flight and she said they do but can't keep it in stock, beer truck wouldn't be back until Tuesday.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Bud better pay to have all those expired beer cans recycled. Good for the goose baby!

I don't want to see pallets of bud light in the landfill like we saw with covid medical equipment.
Showertime at the Bidens

First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.