Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,671 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who had Americans turning down free Bud Light on their Bingo card?
techno-ag
AG
deddog said:

BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart
How much you drinkin' every week, son?
I am interested to know how much beer the average TexAg'er drinks (compared to how much they claim to drink).

If I buy a six-pack (always glass, can't stand canned beer), it takes me a solid two weeks, at best, to get through it. This board makes me think people are downing six-packs every night, lol.
~ 12 light beers a week. I used to be exclusively Budweiser 55 (i know, it's a beer, but it's only 55 calories). Now on Yuengling Flight and 99.
The carbs are more important than the calories, FWIW.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

TX_COWDOC
AG
I think I'll take those little guys squeezed in right there
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
ProgN
deddog said:

Who had Americans turning down free Bud Light on their Bingo card?
deddog
AG
techno-ag said:

deddog said:

BassCowboy33 said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

I am interested to know how much beer the average TexAg'er drinks (compared to how much they claim to drink).

If I buy a six-pack (always glass, can't stand canned beer), it takes me a solid two weeks, at best, to get through it. This board makes me think people are downing six-packs every night, lol.
~ 12 light beers a week. I used to be exclusively Budweiser 55 (i know, it's a beer, but it's only 55 calories). Now on Yuengling Flight and 99.
The carbs are more important than the calories, FWIW.
yes, that too.., i think it's 1.9g of carbs
one MEEN Ag
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Alcohol consumption is has a terrifying pareto front. Its worse than 80/20, its more like 90/10. Where 90% of the consumption comes from 10% of the total consumer base. There are small percentage of dedicated drinkers who will crush a 12, 18 or 30 rack of cheap beer every night. Absolutely a problem for themselves, not the distributors. Go on reddit and read the stories of people trying to quit drinking. They are insane. People doing so much cheap beer and then switching to a copious amounts of cheap liquor a night.

Harrowing stuff.

6 12packs to consume over a 7 day period would be considered light weight.
KidDoc
AG
Another anecdotal data point from Aggieland HEB Thursday afternoon before memorial day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CDUB98
AG
KidDoc said:

Another anecdotal data point from Aggieland HEB Thursday afternoon before memorial day.

Nanomachines son
one MEEN Ag said:

CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Alcohol consumption is has a terrifying pareto front. Its worse than 80/20, its more like 90/10. Where 90% of the consumption comes from 10% of the total consumer base. There are small percentage of dedicated drinkers who will crush a 12, 18 or 30 rack of cheap beer every night. Absolutely a problem for themselves, not the distributors. Go on reddit and read the stories of people trying to quit drinking. They are insane. People doing so much cheap beer and then switching to a copious amounts of cheap liquor a night.

Harrowing stuff.

6 12packs to consume over a 7 day period would be considered light weight.

I drank like this in college and I have no idea how anyone can do it past 30.

With that said, I've seen the level of alcoholic who drinks like this and it's sad as hell. The addiction is life destroying. The guys would consume a case of tall boys and then drink whiskey until they passed out or buy gallons of cheap whiskey at a time where a handle of whiskey is a slow day. These aren't benders, this is normal every day for them.

One guy was experiencing liver failure and the other guy had the worst shakes I have ever seen. He would last about 3 hours at work before he got violent shakes from withdrawal. Go for a 2 hour lunch and drink the whole time only just to last another 3 hours before 5 when the shakes would get violent again. Both of these guys got fired from their jobs.

At this level they are basically incapable of doing anything and are barely holding on to life.
ProgN
KidDoc said:

And that empty hole next to MU is where HEBs stock YF, hence the reason I bought 6 12pks at lunch.

HunterAggie
ProgN said:

KidDoc said:

And that empty hole next to MU is where HEBs stock YF, hence the reason I bought 6 12pks at lunch.

were you generous enough to buy any for anyone else in your family or for close relatives?
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
Tanya 93
Prosperdick said:

ProgN said:

I just went to HEB at lunch to pickup some Yuengling Flight because that's usually when they stock it on Thursdays and Fridays. There was a beer rep there, but his shirt said 'Keg One' iirc, maybe that's who the distributor is. He wasn't stocking YF so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart and turned to go checkout. He asked if he could take a pic, I said yes. He and another guy in there are the distributor for Yuengling here. We had a good chat and told him I switched to YF from MU when AB went full trantard. I told them it tastes a lot better so I wouldn't go back to MU even if AB did the right thing.

I asked them how much their sales have increased and their eyes got wide and said they didn't know the percentages but it's been huge. Yuengling is working around the clock to supply the massive increase in demand from stores, bars and restaurants. I suggested Yuengling send AB a thank you card. I told them that me, and a lot of new customers, will stay with them so don't **** it up and get political and that no one should ever go full trantard.

I know dear diary, but y'all know idgaf.

Can't be anymore than 25% as I was told BL sales only dropped by that amount and considering not everyone that switched away from BL went to Yuengling so they probably only increased by 15% at most. Well, unless BL's numbers are completely FOS. That couldn't be the reason...naaaaahhh.

I know at my place, Yuengling was already hurting sales before the DM thing.

Adding Yuengling Flight continues the downward spiral in sales.
ProgN
HunterAggie said:

ProgN said:

KidDoc said:

were you generous enough to buy any for anyone else in your family or for close relatives?
Bulldog73
AG
Looks like AB still has some learning to do. It is sponsoring more of the madness/perversion.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/bud-light-sponsors-lgbt-pride
https://instagr.am/p/CsjkNL6uxOy

Maybe Clydesdales and vague patriotic ads won't be enough.
agent-maroon
AG
"Diversity creates community"

Quoted from the poster. What a crock of poo
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Looks like AB still has some learning to do. It is sponsoring more of the madness/perversion.

CDUB98
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Bud has been sponsoring pride events for many years. This is their norm.
CDUB98
AG
agent-maroon said:

As long as that community doesn't have any of those icky right of center people, cause that would just be too diverse.
doubledog
CDUB98 said:

agent-maroon said:

As long as that community doesn't have any of those icky right of center people, cause that would just be too diverse.
I am all in for earned diversity. Earned diversity is the only form of DEI that will last. Forced diversity will never achieve the goals that were intended.
The Fife
CDUB98 said:

Bulldog73 said:

Bud has been sponsoring pride events for many years. This is their norm.
Budweiser is also local to St Louis, they probably sponsor all kinds of things over there with deals made months in advance at a minimum.
Aston04
AG
Although, their mktg moved to NYC in 2015.. part of the problem..
c-jags
ProgN said:

I just went to HEB at lunch to pickup some Yuengling Flight because that's usually when they stock it on Thursdays and Fridays. There was a beer rep there, but his shirt said 'Keg One' iirc, maybe that's who the distributor is. He wasn't stocking YF so I just went to the cooler and put 6 12packs in cart and turned to go checkout. He asked if he could take a pic, I said yes. He and another guy in there are the distributor for Yuengling here. We had a good chat and told him I switched to YF from MU when AB went full trantard. I told them it tastes a lot better so I wouldn't go back to MU even if AB did the right thing.

I asked them how much their sales have increased and their eyes got wide and said they didn't know the percentages but it's been huge. Yuengling is working around the clock to supply the massive increase in demand from stores, bars and restaurants. I suggested Yuengling send AB a thank you card. I told them that me, and a lot of new customers, will stay with them so don't **** it up and get political and that no one should ever go full trantard.

Does your family not still own liquor stores or did that dissolve? Just random that I remember you being involved in that industry and getting beer from HEB.

I will say that my bud light is as picked over as usual, but North Temple Historic District has a Alphabet Contigent and healthy dose of migrant workers that DGAF.
ProgN
c-jags said:

ProgN said:

Does your family not still own liquor stores or did that dissolve? Just random that I remember you being involved in that industry and getting beer from HEB.

I will say that my bud light is as picked over as usual, but North Temple Historic District has a Alphabet Contigent and healthy dose of migrant workers that DGAF.
We still have them but there's not much of a markup for beer to worry about and HEB/WMT/DG etc. has much larger buying power, so I get beer when I shop.

I'm actually surprised that AB hasn't sold their expiring stock to DG and the other dollar stores at a huge discount. They have such a large footprint all over Texas towns that they'd recoup some of their losses. But they didn't ask me about making a trancan either.
Showertime at the Bidens

The beer colors at DG look exactly like H EB. AB products are full with maybe one pack missing all the others are almost empty.

aggielostinETX
AG
And they are going negative revenue….

https://instagr.am/p/CsrjEWbSwb3
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Logos Stick
Went to Red Hot Chili Peppers concert last night at minute maid park.

I guess they have contract with AB? That's mostly what they sold, those brands.

Many people bought Bud Light.
Ag with kids
AG
Logos Stick said:

Well, now we know what kind of person likes RHCPs...
The Fife
Logos Stick said:

Bought? Nah, concessions was told to give it away, give it away, give it away now!
Icecream_Ag
S
The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

Bought? Nah, concessions was told to give it away, give it away, give it away now!
2/10 but still got a snicker so blue star
Ag with kids
AG
The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

Blue parachute for that chuckle...
deddog
AG
The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

It's water under the bridge
Hungry Ojos
Icecream_Ag said:

The Fife said:

Logos Stick said:

2/10 but still got a snicker so blue star

So awful I had to give it a star.
Stat Monitor Repairman
What is the latent cost of removing, handling, storing and disposing of a massive amount of expired beer?
Texmid
AG
Just talked to a good friend who runs a big golf tournament in west Texas. Every year the local Bud distributor donates a bunch of cases of beer for the tournament. This year the board of directors for the golf course decided they did not want Bud products and refused the donation. The Bud guys were pissed that they had donated for years and the golf board would not help them rebuild their brand.
DatTallArchitect
AG
Texmid said:

Just talked to a good friend who runs a big golf tournament in west Texas. Every year the local Bud distributor donates a bunch of cases of beer for the tournament. This year the board of directors for the golf course decided they did not want Bud products and refused the donation. The Bud guys were pissed that they had donated for years and the golf board would not help them rebuild their brand.
I would show the Bud guys the examples of how AB isn't really serious about rebuilding their brand. I would then politely let them know that we wouldn't be damaging our brand to help a company that isn't serious about fixing their own.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.