Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,772 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Showertime at the Bidens
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kenneth_2003 said:

M1Buckeye said:

I live in central Florida and Budweiser products are fully in stock everywhere but other brands are flying off the shelves. The fact is, no self-respecting man wants to be seen buying Budweiser. Although I did see one couple pushing their cart out of a grocery store and he had an 18-pack of Bud Light. My first thought was that he is a ****.

Of course, Coors and Miller also celebrate same-sex lifestyles and so I'd say America is ripe for another beer company to become men's men and take over a huge chunk of the beer market.

I've said before... I don't see this as a gay or anti-gay thing. DM is an evened unlikable person.

Kids who you want, love who you want, may who you want. Stop being flamboyant attention whooores and stop pushing it in while and on the kids!

It has nothing to do with any of that.

It has to do with men pretending to be women. And the thought police telling us that we must publicly affirm that men can be women

Men competing in women's sports and in women's locker rooms and bathrooms.

And men being sent to women's prisons raping women inmates.

And the girls raped in Loudon County by a boy in the girl's bathrooms.

And drag queen story hour where men provocatively dance in front of little kids and tell them it's not going to lick itself.

That's what it's about.

agent-maroon
AG
Tailgate88 said:

At HEB yesterday, there was ONE 12 pack of Yuengling lager but otherwise the entire section was sold out. Coors and Miller products were about half gone. There was exactly ONE 12-pack and ONE six pack of Bud Light missing.
Probably a gag gift purchase for someone's birthday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Daddy-O5
AG
First pseudo anecdote I've got so far. Party at a neighbors house who intentionally loaded up on non AB beers. Everyone who attended from the neighborhood was on the "no AB beers" bandwagon.

I tried Yeungling flight (neighbor's replacement for mich ultra)for the first time and thought it was pretty good for an super light beer. Tried to pick some up at the Cypress Bucees today but it was sold out. Only a couple of cases of Yeungling Lager left. AB was pretty well stocked.

I did see an older Hispanic fella walk out of HEB with a 6-pack of Bud Light the other day.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Two Republican senators have called for an investigation into Anheuser-Busch's partnership with Mulvaney, alleging that the influencer's social-media followers include people under the legal drinking age.

Damn, this is dumb. They should focus on things that truly affect the country, like, saaaaay the debt.
Ellis Wyatt
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Two Republican senators have called for an investigation into Anheuser-Busch's partnership with Mulvaney, alleging that the influencer's social-media followers include people under the legal drinking age.
Damn, this is dumb. They should focus on things that truly affect the country, like, saaaaay the debt.
What would you propose they do? Democrats control the Senate. And they're all Marxists.
AgShaun00
AG
Heard about a golf tournament in SA where beverage distributor sponsored and only bud light was served. Told it was a very sober tournament
agent-maroon
AG
<<Edit to remove ginormous phone pic of aluminum bottle BL in random walmart gas pump trash can>>

Getting gas at walmart and spotted the first open BL can I've seen in a very long time, so there are still some folks drinking them out there
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Dobre casy
AG
AgShaun00 said:

Heard about a golf tournament in SA where beverage distributor sponsored and only bud light was served. Told it was a very sober tournament

Stat from the Byron Nelson last weekend. Just one day of data from one hospitality tent, but opening round Thursday last year went through 25 cases of bud light. This year's opening round saw 20 individual bud lights ordered.
torrid
AG
agent-maroon said:

Tailgate88 said:

At HEB yesterday, there was ONE 12 pack of Yuengling lager but otherwise the entire section was sold out. Coors and Miller products were about half gone. There was exactly ONE 12-pack and ONE six pack of Bud Light missing.
Or doing a transmission flush.
Ag with kids
AG
torrid said:

agent-maroon said:

Tailgate88 said:

Or doing a transmission flush.
I get what you did there...
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html

Quote:

Anheuser Busch continues its desperate attempt to recover from the controversial promotion with influencer Dylan Mulvaney, with the company now set to buy back unsold, expired cases as sales continue to dip.
Quote:

The disastrous marketing bid has seen sales for the American flagship beer plummet 26 percent, despite Anheuser-Busch reporting first-quarter earnings of $1.65billion and with conservatives everywhere professing to boycott the company.
Quote:

A new profile of the company's handling of the PR, social media and sales backlash admits the company and CEO Michel Doukeris are now being forced to buy back unsold and expired cases of suds.

Bud Light also plans a branding revamp, aligning Bud Light with the company's sponsorship of a veterans organization.
Don't let your friends forgive them. This is everyone's best chance to destroy this corporate DEI/ESG bull***** Let's make them buy back expired stock every month. I hope they have to buyback and destroy so much that they have to get rid of the label or do what they should do and admit their mistake and giving that fake trans grifting freak was the worst decision ever made, apologize and beg for another chance. They won't but they know that's the only way back if we keep rejecting their products. I was on the beer isle at HEB Friday buying YF and a polite woman grabbed a 6 pack of MU. I brought up no politics or reason, but I suggested that she try YF because it's just like MU but tastes so much better. She put her MU back and grabbed some YF.

Also, someone else pointed this out in an article last week. Mulvaney has made a ton from endorsements from corporations, so why hasn't he at least bought breast implants? That's a very valid point and confirmed he's a fake grifting opportunist. If leftists saw his nonsense through that lens, then they'd realize he's making a mockery of women.

Quote:

They also plan to go back on marketing chief Alissa Heinerscheid's plan to update what she called the 'fratty' and 'out of touch' branding by advertising heavily on all-American themes like football and country music, according to the Wall Street Journal.

If this strategy works, then conservatives will confirm prog's impression of us being dumb and ignorant dumbasses. Let's burn the BL label to the ground!
Stat Monitor Repairman

nortex97
AG
Aggieland Proud
AG
I agree with your comments. However, I would also suggest that while this Bud Lite collapse has been happening at a much more rapid pace, what we see with the demise of local newspapers is also the result of a much slower "walkaway" by conservative leaning folks. The two events are probably the most effective influence the conservative minded folks have had on our country's corporate culture.

FYI, those that aren't aware, the Bryan Eagle announced yesterday that it is going from a daily newspaper to a 3-times a week paper. I attribute most of that downfall to it's news sources, primarily the AP. Everyone I know subscribes for the local sports in general, but more specifically for Aggie sports and Aggie news.
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

FYI, those that aren't aware, the Bryan Eagle announced yesterday that it is going from a daily newspaper to a 3-times a week paper. I attribute most of that downfall to it's news sources, primarily the AP. Everyone I know subscribes for the local sports in general, but more specifically for Aggie sports and Aggie news.
We haven't had newspapers for some time now. We've had editorial publications that used news stories as a writing stem topic to promote their viewpoints. Their problem is that the people they were targeting with the lefty editorial slant have moved on from paying subscriptions to "free" internet sources along with everyone else. They've literally worked themselves out of a job.
MooreTrucker
AG
What is YF?
An L of an Ag
AG
Yuengling Flight
SwigAg11
AG
MooreTrucker said:

What is YF?

Yuengling Flight I think?
Logos Stick
rocky the dog said:

Lololololololol
nortex97
AG
The history of fake news apologizing for/excusing/dismissing leftists goes back many decades.

MooreTrucker
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Yuengling Flight
Oh OK. I've heard of Yuengling, but not Flight.
Tanya 93
Yuengling Flight is killing it right now.

I ordered more pitchers so I could sell more beer.

No more Busch Light. Flight has taken over.
nortex97
AG
MooreTrucker said:

An L of an Ag said:

Yuengling Flight
For some reason I don't understand, they have two light beers, flight and light. I guess like bud light and ultra. I assume flight has less alcohol/one would have to drink 6 or more to get a buzz.
powerbelly
AG
nortex97 said:

MooreTrucker said:

An L of an Ag said:

Yuengling Flight
For some reason I don't understand, they have two light beers, flight and light. I guess like bud light and ultra. I assume flight has less alcohol/one would have to drink 6 or more to get a buzz.

Flight = ultra
TX_COWDOC
AG
powerbelly said:

nortex97 said:

MooreTrucker said:

An L of an Ag said:

Yuengling Flight

Flight = ultra

Flight > ultra + InBev wokeness
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
1st Generation Ag
It's noteworthy that Alissa never felt the need to explain why Bud Light needed to move beyond its "fratty" image. It certainly isn't the case that frat boys don't buy beer. The goal wasn't to add to the customer base but to change it. And yet, she didn't say it would be more profitable to change the brand image. It's self-evident to the Alissas of the corporate world that the most important thing isn't making money, it's making the right people's money.
javajaws
AG
rocky the dog said:

Should have said:

"We can't give it away free, but if you want to steal it be sure not to trip on your skirt on the way out!"
Prosperdick
AG
I recently watched Air, good movie if you haven't seen it yet, about the rise of Nike and Michael Jordan. Although I grew up during that period I forgot that Nike was just a running shoe and Adidas and Converse ruled the basketball world back in early 80's.

How does this relate to BL? All it takes is something transcendent to completely shake up a long established market. It can be positive (MJ) or negative (DM) but once that paradigm shift occurs there's usually no going back.

At this point I don't see a road to recovery for BL. The brand is ruined and unlike New Coke there is no Classic to return to and establish market dominance. No amount of good ol' boy marketing can save them so they're just lighting that money on fire at this point.

I have no idea how much BL is sold in other countries so perhaps it can still continue on as a product but for this country it's done.
Mr Mojo Risin
AG
javajaws said:

rocky the dog said:

Should have said:

"We can't give it away free, but if you want to steal it be sure not to trip on your skirt on the way out!"

"Lest we see your bat and balls."
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

It's noteworthy that Alissa never felt the need to explain why Bud Light needed to move beyond its "fratty" image.
It's change for the sake of change.

Nobody wants to merely steer the ship and stay on course with what works. Everybody wants to do a course correction. Everybody wants to make a change.

The average person put in a leadership position isn't happy with merely keeping an organization on course. That's not what they went to school for. They desperate to show everyone how good they are and how smart they are by 'making a change.'

Just like in the home renovation shows. If theres a wall, that wall is gonna get knocked down. Somebody is going to do something drastic. Theres an irresistible urge to make a change even with something that works already, like selling bud light

So that's what happened here. This lady came in here. She was paid a lot of money. She had a shelf full of participation trophies. She had been told she was a high achiever all her life and could do no wrong.

And then she managed to steer the ship straight into the rocks.

To the tune of billions of dollars in business losses.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The brand is ruined
I think you right man. The brand is ruined.

They in Chinese handcuffs now.

Anything they do to try and recover will be instantly be memed to death.

As soon as they drop a new commercial or rebranding, It'll be, 'look at bud light, pandering to veterans, rednecks, mexicans, college kids or whoever.
torrid
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The brand is ruined

As soon as they drop a new commercial or rebranding, It'll be, 'look at bud light, pandering to veterans, rednecks, mexicans, college kids or whoever.
Saying it is ruined implies there was some value or quality to it before.
CDUB98
AG
torrid said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The brand is ruined

Saying it is ruined implies there was some value or quality to it before.
Well, to be fair, before the colossal **** up, it was a cash cow.
munch96
AG
https://www.newsweek.com/bud-light-distributor-issues-public-plea-bring-back-angry-customers-1801500

Quote:

A beer distributor [in] Montgomery, Alabama, is speaking out against the Bud Light's decision to partner with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney, in a one-minute radio ad running on about 10 radio stations in the state.
It has to be bad for Bud's own independent distributors to take ads to speak against the whole DM affair....The ad kind of reminds me of the one Springfield Armory did when they got caught backing some legislation that would restrict legal gun ownership a few years back...
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.