Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,997 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Logos Stick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BassCowboy33 said:

Logos Stick said:

Does anyone beside me suspect this woke female VP might have done this on purpose?

She hates the base which is mainly older white conservative males.

I'm sure she is laughing her ass off right now.
No. I think she was trying to reach a new demographic with the brand and made the mistake of alienating the base.

Nobody goes about their careers thinking, "How can I sabotage my future and livelihood with a bad business decision today?"

Sabotage her future and livelihood?! LOL

She's a hero to the left at this point. There are plenty of fully woke corporations that will hire her in a heartbeat.

She's golden now
HoustonAg2106
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Logos Stick said:

Does anyone beside me suspect this woke female VP might have done this on purpose?

No. I think she was trying to reach a new demographic with the brand and made the mistake of alienating the base.

Nobody goes about their careers thinking, "How can I sabotage my future and livelihood with a bad business decision today?"

It was not a mistake to alienate their customer base, she intentionally alienated their base and made that pretty clear by calling them a bunch of frat boys and claiming that needs to change.
aggiez03
AG
agent-maroon said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Noble07 said:

Quote:

Dixie Chicks is the best example. People can crap on Nickelback and Creed all they want, but they still sold out concerts and sold millions of albums for a long time

Billy Squire had a great thing going until he made an ambiguously gay video that tanked him overnight.

Song is "Rock me tonight"

Edit to add video
Wow. That is gay'er than Prince. Boy George thinks that's ridiculous.

What the hell was he thinking.

Pink Satin sheets ?
Pink tank top ?
Pink guitar ?
Prancing around like the dudes from West Side Story ?
Not a single hot chick in the entire video ?

Wasn't this supposed to be an 80s rock video ? It should be oozing hot 80s chicks...

What a moron. Whoever convinced him to do that video, I hope they got fired. That is criminal...
Ag with kids
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

Tanya 93 said:

duck79 said:

We had a delivery scheduled for 8am on Friday at our wholesaler(one of the top 10 largest beer wholesalers in America) and I got a call from our brewery that the driver was turned away. After calling the wholesaler, we found out that they had to shut down receiving for 3 days due to overstock in product and not having anywhere to put deliveries. As of Friday morning, 50 trucks had already been turned away. When I asked if this was due to the lack of outgoing BL sales, I was told "No comment".

Wholesalers are furious. Many are down 25+% with overstock sitting in their warehouses.

Not ordering a drop of AB products this week.

If we run out of Corona on Friday, Dos XX works for beeritas.

We just aren't selling much.
Coors? Yeah
Yuengling? **** why did it take so long to get this?
Space Camper? People are trying the locals now.

But BL, MU, Bud, Modelo, and Busch Light aren't selling much

Had Yuengling a couple summers ago in Ocean City, MD when visiting some friends. Pretty good beer. Great finally seeing it here in Texas.
I used to be a big Shiner Bock drinker...they don't have that on the east coast (or didn't when I was going there for work). I tried a Yuengling and was pleasantly surprised to find it had a similar taste.

Makes sense since they're both lagers...
Stat Monitor Repairman
Logos Stick said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Logos Stick said:

She's a hero to the left at this point. There are plenty of fully woke corporations that will hire her in a heartbeat.

She's golden now
Agreed. She's the real winner in all of this.

The lady probably did exactly what she was hired to do.

At the end of the day she probably got more eyeballs on a bud light can than a super bowl commercial would for. fraction of the cost.

It was the Apollo 13 of beer ads. A successful failure.

Who knows what the real story is. So I take back anything bad I've said about her though. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I automatically assumed that she didn't know what she was doing. So I'm calling out my own bias for that.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

What a moron. Whoever convinced him to do that video, I hope they got fired. That is criminal...
Squire blamed the director Kenny Ortega and he did fire him along with both of his managers. Ortega is openly gay. But I'm not convinced that Squire isn't gay himself and that video was meant to be some sort of trial balloon for him coming out. He did marry a German soccer player when he was in his fifties so who knows. I was a fan and still like his hits, but I kept that to myself after that video dropped.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tanya 93
Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

I have to do some serious thinking.

I am selling more Mike's and apple cider than Bud light now.
will25u
Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

Thanks for the reports from the front line!

Still sitting on those same 9 cases then?
aggiez03
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

How does that work? Do you have a contract with AB ?

If so, can you just drop them or are you locked in ?

Seems like they didn't hold up their end of the deal if so.
deddog
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

You should sell them to the local gun range
EskimoJoe
Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

Do you carry Yuengling?
Tanya 93
EskimoJoe said:

Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

Do you carry Yuengling?

Yes

This was already hurting BL and MU sales before the Dylan thing.
EskimoJoe
Tanya 93 said:

EskimoJoe said:

Tanya 93 said:

Over 10 hours today.

No Bud sold.

Do you carry Yuengling?

Yes

This was already hurting BL and MU sales before the Dylan thing.

I believe it. Ive turned a lot of BL and MU into piss, and Yuengling tastes much better.
AgDad121619
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/anheuser-busch-ceo-response-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-can-sales-2023-5?amp

"Bud Light controversy led to only a 1% drop in global sales volume, CEO says"

I actually believe him - for first 3-4 days that fell into Q1 - doubt he is touting that in his Q2 report
ShaggySLC
AgDad121619 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/anheuser-busch-ceo-response-bud-light-dylan-mulvaney-can-sales-2023-5?amp

"Bud Light controversy led to only a 1% drop in global sales volume, CEO says"

I actually believe him - for first 3-4 days that fell into Q1 - doubt he is touting that in his Q2 report
That was an FU to the people they're trying to win back. Have at it ol boy! What a clown world we've allowed ourselves to get into.
lb3
AG
Tanya 93 said:

It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas
At 10 minutes past noon on a weekday and you've already sold over 40 drinks?
Tanya 93
lb3 said:

Tanya 93 said:

It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas

Most of the margaritas were to go. 8 in one order.
CDUB98
AG
lb3 said:

Tanya 93 said:

It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas

Do you even Cinco de Mayo, bro?
Dr. Horrible
lb3 said:

Tanya 93 said:

It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas
That was just my table.
Tanya 93
After I left at 6:30 to go have sushi with Demon Spawn, we sold 6 BL drafts.

No MU, Modelo, or Corona though.

Blue Moon and Yuengling taps are empty.
Waiting for the cooks to get here to move the kegs for me.

Over 12k in sales yesterday
It was a good day, even if I had to bring in the HS kids because the college kids scheduled called in with the brown paper bag flu.
Tanya 93
Dr. Horrible said:

lb3 said:

Tanya 93 said:

It's noon

No Bud sales
3 pitchers of Yuengling
And 27 margaritas
That was just my table.

Owen really liked that huge tip
Nanomachines son
Tanya 93 said:

It was a good day, even if I had to bring in the HS kids because the college kids scheduled called in with the brown paper bag flu.

When did you start running a restaurant? Not criticizing but genuinely curious. Your anecdotes on this have been pretty eye-opening at how far reaching this social phenomenon has become. I don't think InBev has any idea what they have done.
TX_COWDOC
AG
These real time updates have been fun to follow. I had no idea Tanya was a barkeep. Might hit it up some day…..but I don't know where it is located.

Also- I thought Tanya was a liberal thus would be supportive of the ****** cans?

Also- FYI - She's approaching 150k posts. What an epic blast that could be!?
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Tanya 93
Nanomachines son said:

Tanya 93 said:

When did you start running a restaurant? Not criticizing but genuinely curious. Your anecdotes on this have been pretty eye-opening at how far reaching this social phenomenon has become. I don't think InBev has any idea what they have done.

August of last year.
It has been eye opening on having a place, getting thru the winter, and then AB ****s over my beer sales.

Margaritas are strong sales though
Nanomachines son
Tanya 93 said:

Nanomachines son said:

Tanya 93 said:

August of last year.
It has been eye opening on having a place, getting thru the winter, and then AB ****s over my beer sales.

Margaritas are strong sales though

Margaritas will always remain strong. It's the one mixed drink that everyone can drink and not feel emasculated or unfeminine. It's genuinely the most neutral drink ever made.
Stat Monitor Repairman
You ever have people get drunk and out of control?
Tanya 93
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The Chiefs playoff games and the Superbowl.

Cut people off and they get pissed.
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

The Chiefs playoff games and the Superbowl.

Cut people off and they get pissed.
Have BigRob hang out there those days...

He's always got your back and those drunks would STFU if he told them to...
Kenneth_2003
AG
Logos Stick said:

BassCowboy33 said:

Logos Stick said:

She's golden now
I don't think she was intentionally trying to sabotage anything. I read the other day that AB as a whole regularly does small partnerships with various social media influencers and content creators. AB would certainly not be alone in this regard, everyone does it. By and large, this is a new avenue for everyone. I've mentioned before, I'm sure we've all seen Meg Riley sipping a Miller Lite.

TickTok, FB Reels, Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, Snap Stories... I'm sure there are similar setups on platforms I've never even heard of. A younger generation that's grown accustomed to streaming commercial free or setting the DVR and fast forwarding through the commercials will lose an hour or more watching 30 second to 10 min shorts on their phones. Or getting their favorite content creators pics and videos at the top of their feeds.

Any company not throwing a few bucks at these creators would be foolish.

All of that said, I think BL vastly underestimated just how much their core consumer would NOT want to see their go to 6-pack being pushed by a flamboyant gay man that gets off on his pretending to be a woman. I think they also vastly underestimated how much resistance to this overall theme was lurking just below the surface just waiting for an avenue to push back. In that regard this VP, along with many others on her side, have drank so much of their own Kool-Aid they never dreamed that conservative pundits were following content creators like Dylan to keep tabs on their antics.

I certainly don't think this VP was pure of heart, and I have no doubts she wasn't giddy to do this. I just think she got so caught up in her own delusion she couldn't see the powder keg she was about it ignite.

I think all companies will be wise to more thoroughly vet social media influencers. They're cheap for some good exposure, and the right viral post will have some staying power. This should certainly though bring some increased awareness of the potential mine fields.

So was this intentional? I don't think so. Did she want to sabotage BL? I don't think so.
Is this woman profoundly incompetent and immeasurably stupid? I certainly think so.
ArbAg
AG
Once you unnecessarily insult your customers and lose them, it is exceedingly difficult to win them back! Hope this goes into the marketing studies under the chapter of stupidity…
Kenneth_2003
AG
The funniest thing I've seen through this whole thing is that now AB appears to be paralyzed by fear. I think deep down their senior management knows what they need to do. They know what their only true hope is at rebuilding the once strong BL brand, and by extension the entire AB InBev family of products.

They have put themselves into a position where they must now choose.

They're now faced with a couple of questions that all revolve around a central tenant.
What is ultimately more important, US BL sales or our DEI/ESG Score? Is the brand permanently and irreparably tarnished? Of course, to admit that the brand has been diminished will be an admission counter to their DEI/ESG score. Does the woke mob truly represent the market? Will the stock holders ultimately value DEI/ESG or sales?

TX_COWDOC
AG
You are correct, they know what they desperately need to do to slow bleeding but the execs walk in fear of the DEI VPs. Same at all large corporations. Fascinating to watch. I was recently at a reception where another DVM was drinking a bud light. A few people made rather benign comments and he changed to something else. Just like that.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
JCA1
AG
Since it's become a joke, I think the only way out is to embrace the joke and make a commercial making fun of themselves. Maybe recreate the Billy Squire video with the Bud Light can dancing around? Or a commercial that highlights other monumental marketing errors (new coke, etc.).
PA24
AG
nothing that can do...it is over for them.
TxAgswin
AG
Quote:

You should sell them to the local gun range
That would be hilarious.

Buy the beer from them and then shoot 'em all. That'll show them. Cuz Bud Light totally cares what you do with the beer after you buy it.

Quick look on YouTube and of course there are tons of videos posted of people shooting beer that they bought.

You can't make this **** up.
"A house divided cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.