Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,851 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agent-maroon said:

annie88 said:

Only one qualm, apparently he's never drank Pearl beer because that's probably the most disgusting beer ever known to man but Bud Light counts too, I guess

When I was a student, if my roommates & friends had any sort of competition then the loser had to drink a Pearl Light and the winners got to drink their beverage of choice. Made for some spirited contests IIRC
When my sister-in-law was still fairly young, she asked her dad, who was a lovely man, he's no longer with us, why they didn't drink Pearl Beer anymore and he said because we don't have to anymore, dear.
Stupe
S
nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

A trans person just gunned down a bunch of kids. Stop with the whining.
you want to play that game?
This isn't a game. Stop forcing degeneracy on people's kids.
These cans don't force anything on kids.

Neither does drag or trans people in general.
That is a lie.

When you are yelling about discrimination or filing lawsuits because people don't agree with you and don't want to support your lifestyle....that's forcing.
ac04
nai06 said:

Old May Banker said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

People were not okay with trans folks doing their thing enough to leave them alone. Hell a trans poster on this very board has had tons of **** thrown their way for being trans well prior to the recent uproar.

And there it is....

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I feel like I've been pretty open about my love and support for the LGBTQ community.

And man drag shows are just good old fashioned fun.

do you have kids?
annie88
AG
Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light's Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrage.

According to the Dow Jones Market Data Group, Bud Light's parent company is down 4.7 percent and has lost about $4.56 billion in market cap since March 31.

The beer maker's stock shed more than 1.5% on Wednesday alone. The stock was $66.73 per share on March 31 and closed at $63.38 on Wednesday.

Holeee *****
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Cq2-B31N1Qc
The BroManDingo
They didn't even bother icing it down at my local stop and shop earlier. Maybe this thing actually has legs. I've been doing my part.
Dan Scott
AG
annie88 said:

Anheuser-Busch sheds nearly $5 billion in value since Bud Light's Dylan Mulvaney pact sparked outrage.

According to the Dow Jones Market Data Group, Bud Light's parent company is down 4.7 percent and has lost about $4.56 billion in market cap since March 31.

The beer maker's stock shed more than 1.5% on Wednesday alone. The stock was $66.73 per share on March 31 and closed at $63.38 on Wednesday.

Holeee *****

It's kinda misleading to say the stock price is down just because of this. In the last week of March, there was a nice squeeze in the markets for quarter-end and stocks overshot to the upside. BUD went from 62 to 66 in that week alone. A lot of stocks have that similar chart where they ramped up the last week of March and are down now.
AggieDub25
Teslag said:

Something tells me Nai06 wasn't goaltending and mocking leftists when they were crying over a simple picture of an indian on a butter package or a black woman on some pancake syrup bottle.

Showertime at the Bidens
Agree. It's way too early. Once earnings come out it may be a different story. And we'll just have to see how long the boycott lasts. I doubt any big investors are going to be dumping stock.
annie88
AG
nai06 said:

Old May Banker said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nai06 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Quote:

And there it is....

Is that supposed to be surprising?

I feel like I've been pretty open about my love and support for the LGBTQ community.

And man drag shows are just good old fashioned fun.

I'm sure they are fun for adults. But no child needs to have some sexualized man shoving his privates into their face.

Same reason you shouldn't take children to a strip club. They don't need to have this much sexualized activity pushed on them.

You think this is OK?

annie88
AG
Live shot of nai06.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Dylan Mulvaney tea bagged everybody and trolled everybody. He laughing all the way to the bank.

Dude is a ****bird but I'll give credit where credit is due. He making hay while the sun shines, and we all sitting around *****ing about it.
dreyOO
I never drank bud light like my Hispanic brethren because it tastes like piss. But I'll keep doing my part and stay away from it.
Ag with kids
AG
EX TEXASEX said:

Depressing how time flies. I remember you on " Hornfans " maybe 15 years ago !!
Yeah...HF kinda died-ish. I moved on to Shaggy...then they got screwed over. So I moved to Surly.

Yeah...apparently on the Democraticunderground crowd made it to Surly...Simply having a conservative opinion over there will get you neg repped into purgatory (literally - it happened to me).
MemphisAg1
AG
Longtime BL drinker for 35+ years, along with a couple other favorites.

The list just got shorter. Finishing up what I have but won't buy anymore.

Actions have consequences. Will be refreshing to try something new anyway.
Urban Ag
AG
Zarathustra said:

Agree. It's way too early. Once earnings come out it may be a different story. And we'll just have to see how long the boycott lasts. I doubt any big investors are going to be dumping stock.
But it's not really a boycott. It's just consumers making decisions about how to spend their money. BL and AB drinkers are not the type to be cool with a beta, femme, gay, trans, twink, weirdo, as the face of the product they love to consume. So they are looking at other options and passing on AB products. Human nature 101.

eric76
AG
Urban Ag said:

Zarathustra said:

But it's not really a boycott. It's just consumers making decisions about how to spend their money. BL and AB drinkers are not the type to be cool with a beta, femme, gay, trans, twink, weirdo, as the face of the product they love to consume. So they are looking at other options and passing on AB products. Human nature 101.
Exactly.

I haven't heard anyone out there forming a boycott. No boycott is needed -- consumer sentiment will do the job.

I have a question, though. Does the outrage affect only Bud Light or is it spreading out to other beefs from Budweiser?
eric76
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

I have drank a few Bud Lights, but only when someone handed me one. I have drank plenty of Budweiser, though. Also, Busch.

I can't remember the last time I went to a store to buy them, though. My preferences are Carlsberg Elephant (can't get that around here, as far as I know), Shiner (bought some Shiner Bock Saturday), and Dos Equis on occasion.
MemphisAg1
AG
eric76 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

I have drank a few Bud Lights, but only when someone handed me one. I have drank plenty of Budweiser, though. Also, Busch.

I can't remember the last time I went to a store to buy them, though. My preferences are Carlsberg Elephant (can't get that around here, as far as I know), Shiner (bought some Shiner Bock Saturday), and Dos Equis on occasion.
Shiner Bock is another favorite. Awesome Texas beer. An IPA every now and then is good too.

What a screwup by BL to be so out-of-touch with your core customers.
Teslag
AG
You should give yuengling a chance. Family owned, priced like bud light and they donate to trump.
Showertime at the Bidens
Agree but what's the difference? It started organically but plenty of people on Twitter using the B word.

Bag
AG
Anheuser-Busch loses more than $5 billion in value amid Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light controversy

https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/anheuser-busch-down-5b-in-value-amid-dylan-mulvaney-bud-light-controversy/

Oops
MemphisAg1
AG
Teslag said:

You should give yuengling a chance. Family owned, priced like bud light and they donate to trump.
Thanks, had it before. Might make another run at it to find a replacement for BL.
Showertime at the Bidens
annie88 said:

agent-maroon said:

annie88 said:

Only one qualm, apparently he's never drank Pearl beer because that's probably the most disgusting beer ever known to man but Bud Light counts too, I guess

When I was a student, if my roommates & friends had any sort of competition then the loser had to drink a Pearl Light and the winners got to drink their beverage of choice. Made for some spirited contests IIRC
When my sister-in-law was still fairly young, she asked her dad, who was a lovely man, he's no longer with us, why they didn't drink Pearl Beer anymore and he said because we don't have to anymore, dear.

I frequently have people come up to me when I drink Lone Star in public. From what I heard it used to be made at the pearl brewery but now is made at the Miller plant in Dallas. And the quality control is much much better.
C@LAg
last time I had a Bud product was when they were available in party balls.
Ayto Siks
Quote:

I have a question, though. Does the outrage affect only Bud Light or is it spreading out to other beers from Budweiser?

Looks like Karbach is taking a hit as well. Never seen it stacked so deep before.

I asked an employee about it, and she said Bud products aren't moving.

BigRobSA
dreyOO said:

I never drank bud light like my Hispanic brethren because it tastes like piss. But I'll keep doing my part and stay away from it.

Knowing what piss tastes like.
Captain Pablo
AG
Ayto Siks said:

Quote:

I have a question, though. Does the outrage affect only Bud Light or is it spreading out to other beers from Budweiser?

Looks like Karbach is taking a hit as well. Never seen it stacked so deep before.

I didn't know Karbach is owned by AB. I love to rip into a sixer of Hopadillo

Guess I'll find something else
Teslag
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

Teslag said:

Thanks, had it before. Might make another run at it to find a replacement for BL.

Try the light lager or the flight. Both easy drinking beers similar to bud light but better taste and same price
beanbean
Teslag said:

So glad yuengling made it to this part of the country. Bought a case for lake last weekend for $20 at Walmart.
aezmvp
Captain Pablo said:

Ayto Siks said:

Quote:

https://www.ab-inbev.com/our-brands/

US version:

https://www.anheuser-busch.com/brands

Handy dandy guide on things to avoid. Plenty of "craft" beers are in their portfolio too.
Big_Russ
AG
Captain Pablo said:

Ayto Siks said:

Quote:

Yep. I've had a hankering for Hopadillo, also, and have passed on it in favor of Saint Arnold Art Car. Not nearly as good, but I gotta do what I gotta do.
Buzzy
nai06 said:

Artorias said:

nai06 said:

It's objectively dumb (and a little funny) that people are getting so worked up over something they can't even buy because it's a one off product and not even sold in stores.

Jimmies are definitely rustled over nothing.
Why do you care so much what other people think about Bud Light? Doesn;t affect you.

Because conservatives on this board love to talk **** about liberals being weak, soft, etc.

Then Bud Light gives a custom case of beer to someone with their face on it. All of a sudden people have the vapors and are outraged over something that:

a. Wasn't made for them
b. They can't even buy

Why do you care about something (custom cans) that doesn't affect you?

If this was ALL they did, we wouldn't even know about the cans or what they look like. Reality is they launched a whole campaign around these cans and Mulvaney's LARPer ass, and then brought CMO out to insult their core customer base to top it off.

You're gaslighting the other posters on this thread and being intellectually dishonest, and it's not a good look for you.
Wild West Pimp Style
Captain Pablo
AG
Big_Russ said:

Captain Pablo said:

Ayto Siks said:

Quote:

Yep. I've had a hankering for Hopadillo, also, and have passed on it in favor of Saint Arnold Art Car. Not nearly as good, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

No biggie. Any city of 100.000 or more is gonna have at least one local brewery. Usually more than one

The product is hit and miss (mostly miss) at these local breweries, but you can usually find at least one decent craft beer

It'll work out
TexAgs91
AG
Try googling Alissa Heinerscheid Linkedin page

You can't even find her linkedin page in the wayback machine
Her instagram account is gone too.

Fight! Fight! Fight!
First Page Last Page
Page 13 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.