Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

455,266 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
Martin Q. Blank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nortex97 said:

Yeah and you can assume if a pallet is sitting out in the middle of Costco at $15/ea., Costco is taking at least 4 or 5 bucks of that. They are 100 percent dumping inventory unless that is somehow faked.
A price ending in .97 at Costco means they are clearancing out a non-stock item, usually at a loss. Looks like they're no longer going to carry Bud Light.
CDUB98
AG
At $0.41 per can, even I'd be tempted.
TRM
AG
Some guy on TD said he was waiting until it around $0.30 per can
Stat Monitor Repairman
$.30 cent beer would be the opioid crisis for alcoholics. Folks start buying a 30 pack for the price of a 6 pack, 30 beers are getting drunk. Doesn't sound ideal, all things considered.
Tanya 93
duck79 said:

We had a delivery scheduled for 8am on Friday at our wholesaler(one of the top 10 largest beer wholesalers in America) and I got a call from our brewery that the driver was turned away. After calling the wholesaler, we found out that they had to shut down receiving for 3 days due to overstock in product and not having anywhere to put deliveries. As of Friday morning, 50 trucks had already been turned away. When I asked if this was due to the lack of outgoing BL sales, I was told "No comment".

Wholesalers are furious. Many are down 25+% with overstock sitting in their warehouses.

Not ordering a drop of AB products this week.

If we run out of Corona on Friday, Dos XX works for beeritas.

We just aren't selling much.
Coors? Yeah
Yuengling? **** why did it take so long to get this?
Space Camper? People are trying the locals now.

But BL, MU, Bud, Modelo, and Busch Light aren't selling much
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

Dos XX tastes much better than Corona anyway.
Tanya 93
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

Dos XX tastes much better than Corona anyway.

The Coronitas are cheaper per bottle
Showertime at the Bidens
Zarathustra said:

Local convenience store had $2 off 12 packs of AB. 1st time in weeks I saw sales.

Update. Now all brands have the same 2 bucks off. Almost all the shelves were empty except the AB section.
deddog
AG
CDUB98 said:

At $0.41 per can, even I'd be tempted.
A friend bought some, and pasted them with Trans pictures so that his conservative friends could have some ****** beer.

Bud light has become the butt of jokes. That's a lot worse than controversial.
jja79
AG
Among other things one of the great things about being in Arizona is the beer prices. $19 for a 30 pack of Coors Banquet beer. Haven't paid attention to the price of Bud Lite because I wouldn't drink it free.
ProgN
Indiana bar asks customers to return after banning criticism of Dylan Mulvaney-Bud Light partnership | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

An Indiana bar is begging customers to come back after telling them they weren't welcome for speaking out against Dylan Mulvaney's Bud Light partnership.

The Fairfax Bar & Grill in Bloomington issued three statements to their patrons since weighing in on the controversial partnership that launched April 1.

Mulvaney celebrated her first year as a trans-woman with the help of Bud Light, who printed her face on the beer cans as part of a marketing effort.

Quote:

Initially, the bar backed the partnership and claimed on April 11 that, 'any patrons wanting to voice their concerns about the issue will be immediately asked to pay their bill in leave.'

The establishment has since walked back on its statement and claimed on Thursday that workers 'will not censor opinions.

The bar FAFO and it's crazy when you tell your customers they're not welcome there anymore and your customers reply 'your terms are acceptable'.

CDUB98
AG
FAFO
aggiehawg
AG
Hope this is hitting Cindy McCain's business hard.
ArbAg
AG
Some corporate and business leaders just don't know to stay away from controversial issues, there's no need to engage in it - the total lack of business sense and acumen is unbelievable…
Hogties
AG
Schlitz and New Coke were the previous business cases for self inflicted wounds on iconic brands. Those were production and product changes that actually resulted in a different product that loyal customers rejected. Coke recovered, Schlitz never did. Looks like Bud Light may go the way of Schlitz more than a recovery like Coke. It will be very interesting seeing this play out over the next few months.

Ridicule is a powerful negative motivator. Amazing how "fratty" Bub Light is now worse than Zima as a "masculine" brand.
Ag with kids
AG
Hogties said:

Schlitz and New Coke were the previous business cases for self inflicted wounds on iconic brands. Those were production and product changes that actually resulted in a different product that loyal customers rejected. Coke recovered, Schlitz never did. Looks like Bud Light may go the way of Schlitz more than a recovery like Coke. It will be very interesting seeing this play out over the next few months.

Ridicule is a powerful negative motivator. Amazing how "fratty" Bub Light is now worse than Zima as a "masculine" brand.
Many guys would rather get "Iced" than drink a BL...
aggiehawg
AG
Hogties said:

Yeah, a complete rebrand is needed. Drop the name Bud Light entirely, make the same product but give it another name, can design, color, etc. Spin off a new company that does not have AB name.
Stat Monitor Repairman
ProgN said:

Indiana bar asks customers to return after banning criticism of Dylan Mulvaney-Bud Light partnership | Daily Mail Online
Quote:

An Indiana bar is begging customers to come back after telling them they weren't welcome for speaking out against Dylan Mulvaney's Bud Light partnership.

The Fairfax Bar & Grill in Bloomington issued three statements to their patrons since weighing in on the controversial partnership that launched April 1.

Mulvaney celebrated her first year as a trans-woman with the help of Bud Light, who printed her face on the beer cans as part of a marketing effort.

Quote:

Initially, the bar backed the partnership and claimed on April 11 that, 'any patrons wanting to voice their concerns about the issue will be immediately asked to pay their bill in leave.'

The establishment has since walked back on its statement and claimed on Thursday that workers 'will not censor opinions.

The bar FAFO and it's crazy when you tell your customers they're not welcome there anymore and your customers reply 'your terms are acceptable'.

Showertime at the Bidens
ArbAg said:

Some corporate and business leaders just don't know to stay away from controversial issues, there's no need to engage in it - the total lack of business sense and acumen is unbelievable…

Just the opposite. they go along with the woke mob thinking they'll be left alone
jja79
AG
What's the Schlitz story?
deddog
AG
ArbAg said:

Woke elitists live in a bubble
aezmvp
jja79 said:

2nd biggest beer brand in the United States. Ran advertising campaigns that depicted their customers as people looking to get into a bar brawl and low class. Was supposed to be tongue in cheek but was so ham fisted that they blew up the brand entirely.
Hogties
AG
jja79 said:

https://beerconnoisseur.com/articles/how-milwaukees-famous-beer-became-infamous
ContinentalAg
Just left HEB. Bud Light was stocked completely except for maybe one sixer. Other brands were half full.
jja79
AG
Thanks. I remember Schlitz but by the time I became a beer drinker it was mostly their commercials I recall.

Who made Old Milwaukee?
cbr
AG
i was actually going to make a wise crack about boycotting commie bud light and going to chinese beer.... then i read that yeungling is actually a ****ed up spelling of a german name, and made in america! LOL.
CDUB98
AG
Was Schlitz the beer that Lavern and Shirley were making in the intro to their show back in the 70s?
aggiehawg
AG
CDUB98 said:

Was Schlitz the beer that Lavern and Shirley were making in the intro to their show back in the 70s?
Close. It was called Shotz.
nortex97
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

nortex97 said:

Yeah and you can assume if a pallet is sitting out in the middle of Costco at $15/ea., Costco is taking at least 4 or 5 bucks of that. They are 100 percent dumping inventory unless that is somehow faked.
A price ending in .97 at Costco means they are clearancing out a non-stock item, usually at a loss. Looks like they're no longer going to carry Bud Light.
You may certainly be right, but they've always carried all 3 for as far as I can remember (haven't been in a costco in around 8 years though). My theory would just be that this is a clearance price, but by doing it at a 'members' only retailer like this they (InBev) can avoid dumping inventory that would otherwise have to be discounted equally to all distribution channels/grocery stores etc.

InBev deals in massive quantities for canned goods/distribution/ag inputs. If they do wind up cutting down on production rates over the next quarter…word will get out. The 'big 3' light beer brands have been in a pricing 'equilibrium' for over 20 years; I doubt they want to get into a big price war in the midst of bidenflation to sustain volumes/share.
aggie93
AG

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
ProgN
aggiehawg
AG
The red whale tail makes an appearance.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lol
aTm2004
Bubblez
it was all staged
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.