Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

458,039 Views | 3751 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sea Speed
TioGallo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TioGallo said:

Bud Light is just one brand owned by A-B, which is owned by InBev. So Bud Light demand can fall off the map and InBev/A-B will keep on chugging along

InBev/A-B brands

Sorry, did not mean to end the thought so abruptly.

A-B tanked their flagship brand. That's going to hurt A-B and the local distributors are taking it in the arse. No telling how many cases and kegs are still sitting in distribution warehouses. I'd imagine there's quite a bit of BL wasting away in bar and RR coolers across the country. Everyone in the food chain between A-B and the local beer drinker got screwed. I feel bad for them, but not the leadership at A-B.

InBev won't feel as much pain with so many brands sold globally. Not that they won't feel a pinch but among so many other brands they also own the new #1 seller Modelo.

Did see that a member of the Busch family offered to buy BL back. Wasn't clear if it was just the BL brand or Bud or all of A-B. Maybe a bargain price.

Someone thought that reaching out to attract attention in the LGBTQx community by sending a 6er with the face of a trans on a can was a solid marketing idea, lauding him (yes, him) for his journey on becoming a "woman". Right in the middle of nationwide backlash over the trans movement, FL pushing back on gender ideology in grade school, bio. men invading women's sports and spaces, "grooming" and all that. I've seen people say "JFC it was just ONE CAN!". Consider the power of one can combined with social media and the most ill-advised timing in the history of marketing. I doubt it would have garnered much attention 5 years ago but with all the noise from the perpetually offended social justice warrior crowd it became a sort of battle cry against the tyranny of the minority (real or perceived, doesn't really matter at this point). IMO it's a clear sign that regular guy, middle class, silent majority, traditionalist types are fed up and instead of expressing that on platforms where they'll be labelled a bigot, transphobe etc they're speaking out through BL, Target etc.

(secretly hoping that satisfies ProgN's post requirements )

txags92
AG
TioGallo said:

TioGallo said:

Bud Light is just one brand owned by A-B, which is owned by InBev. So Bud Light demand can fall off the map and InBev/A-B will keep on chugging along

InBev/A-B brands

InBev won't feel as much pain with so many brands sold globally. Not that they won't feel a pinch but among so many other brands they also own the new #1 seller Modelo.

Modelo distribution in the US is owned by Constellation Brands, not InBev. InBev had to give it up to satisfy anti-trust requirements.
American Hardwood
AG
TioGallo said:

TioGallo said:

InBev/A-B brands

A-B tanked their flagship brand. That's going to hurt A-B and the local distributors are taking it in the arse. No telling how many cases and kegs are still sitting in distribution warehouses. I'd imagine there's quite a bit of BL wasting away in bar and RR coolers across the country. Everyone in the food chain between A-B and the local beer drinker got screwed. I feel bad for them, but not the leadership at A-B.

Did see that a member of the Busch family offered to buy BL back. Wasn't clear if it was just the BL brand or Bud or all of A-B. Maybe a bargain price.

Someone thought that reaching out to attract attention in the LGBTQx community by sending a 6er with the face of a trans on a can was a solid marketing idea, lauding him (yes, him) for his journey on becoming a "woman". Right in the middle of nationwide backlash over the trans movement, FL pushing back on gender ideology in grade school, bio. men invading women's sports and spaces, "grooming" and all that. I've seen people say "JFC it was just ONE CAN!". Consider the power of one can combined with social media and the most ill-advised timing in the history of marketing. I doubt it would have garnered much attention 5 years ago but with all the noise from the perpetually offended social justice warrior crowd it became a sort of battle cry against the tyranny of the minority (real or perceived, doesn't really matter at this point). IMO it's a clear sign that regular guy, middle class, silent majority, traditionalist types are fed up and instead of expressing that on platforms where they'll be labelled a bigot, transphobe etc they're speaking out through BL, Target etc.

(secretly hoping that satisfies ProgN's post requirements )

Welcome to the club, but I'm still stuck with the impression that you've probably only glanced at page 1 and maybe the last couple of pages. Everything you have said has been covered ad nauseum.
CDUB98
AG
You haven't read this thread past page 1, have you?
txags92
AG
CDUB98 said:

I am really thinking the posts read like an AI bot trying to scrape together information from the conversation and then use slang to make itself seem less AI-ish.
bonfarr
AG
txags92 said:

TioGallo said:

TioGallo said:

InBev/A-B brands

Modelo distribution in the US is owned by Constellation Brands, not InBev. InBev had to give it up to satisfy anti-trust requirements.

One of the positives of the Modelo popularity increase is that in all of the counties I buy in the local distributors that have Bud Light also have Modelo so that has eased their pain quite a bit.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Ain't heard nothing out of ol Daylan Mulveney in a couple weeks.

It's about time for they to pop out the woodpile again here soon.
Get Off My Lawn
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Probably trying to figure out what TicTok will be astroturfing next to set up for a jump to be the face of the next artificial fad.
bonfarr
AG

He's still looking for the Bud Light cans he supposedly hid to protect them from the haters. He says he can't find them now.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Them cans will show back up on season 84 of Storage Wars.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
txags92 said:

CDUB98 said:

I am really thinking the posts read like an AI bot trying to scrape together information from the conversation and then use slang to make itself seem less AI-ish.

Please go touch grass. Not everything is an AI.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Bubblez
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12421841/Kid-Rock-drinks-Bud-Light-Nashville-concert-four-months-leading-Anheuser-Busch-boycott-Dylan-Mulvaney-campaign.html

Looks like Kid Rock has had a change of heart. The whole shooting up a bunch bunch of cases thing was just a mere publicity ploy that has run its course.

Quote:

The bad taste left behind by Bud Light's partnership with Dylan Mulvane appears to have worn off for Kid Rock, who was seen swigging from a can of the stuff at a Nashville concert on Thursday four months after leading a voracious boycott against the beer brand.

The singer was spotted by at Colt Ford's performance, perching his Bud Light on a balcony railing while taking in the show. He was joined by friends who also seemed to be enjoying their own cans.

It's a far cry from the furious, bullet-spewing protest he staged in April when, fresh on the heels of the brand's partnership with Mulvaney, Rock declared on Instagram : '**** Bud Light!!'

agz win
AG
He's making money somehow off this public showing.

techno-ag
AG
Bubblez said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12421841/Kid-Rock-drinks-Bud-Light-Nashville-concert-four-months-leading-Anheuser-Busch-boycott-Dylan-Mulvaney-campaign.html

Looks like Kid Rock has had a change of heart. The whole shooting up a bunch bunch of cases thing was just a mere publicity ploy that has run its course.

Quote:

The bad taste left behind by Bud Light's partnership with Dylan Mulvane appears to have worn off for Kid Rock, who was seen swigging from a can of the stuff at a Nashville concert on Thursday four months after leading a voracious boycott against the beer brand.

The singer was spotted by at Colt Ford's performance, perching his Bud Light on a balcony railing while taking in the show. He was joined by friends who also seemed to be enjoying their own cans.

It's a far cry from the furious, bullet-spewing protest he staged in April when, fresh on the heels of the brand's partnership with Mulvaney, Rock declared on Instagram : '**** Bud Light!!'

Oh well. It's still tainted beer.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Get Off My Lawn
agz win said:

He's making money somehow off this public showing.

Quite the ROI!
-$40 for some cases of pre-boycott BL
-$10 ammo
-$100 clean up
Wait a few months
$XXX,XXX from BL to drink a can of the stuff.
nortex97
AG
Not that it matters at all, but he could also have been so ****faced he didn't know what he was drinking, which has generally been the case for most incidents of bl drinkers.
An L of an Ag
AG
Cruise ship pulling out of Seattle for Alaska. BL is offered but no takers yet in four hours on board. Dos Equis is already on its third restock at the bar at the stern.
JaxDad
AG
I'm seeing some "news" sights saying the boycott is diminishing and sales are rebounding. I still see ample bud products in the coolers and other brands picked over. I think the bought and paid for MSM is trying like hell to bail out bud light and throw shade on conservatives resolve.
agz win
AG
There is no true resolve. It's just a trendy political talking point to throw red meat at party zealots.
Tanya 93
I have sold more Bud Light this week than I did all summer.
Kids are moving back and pitchers and bottles were consumed after setting up home for the next 9 months.
C@LAg
JaxDad said:

I'm seeing some "news" sights saying the boycott is diminishing and sales are rebounding. I still see ample bud products in the coolers and other brands picked over. I think the bought and paid for MSM is trying like hell to bail out bud light and throw shade on conservatives resolve.
it will rebound, for sure.

maybe not to early 2023 levels, but it will eventually improve and significantly from its lows.
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Kids are moving back and pitchers and bottles were consumed after setting up home for the next 9 months.
It's a college town full of liberal students. Of COURSE they're all gay...
Tanya 93
Ag with kids said:

Tanya 93 said:

And vegetarian
Ag with kids
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ag with kids said:

Tanya 93 said:

And vegetarian
They haven't crossed into full blown vegan yet?

You'll know if they have...they WILL tell you.
bonfarr
AG
AB is about to launch a $15 Bud Light rebate in Texas, starts next week.
deddog
AG
C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

maybe not to early 2023 levels, but it will eventually improve and significantly from its lows.
Why?its ****ty beer.Like who picked an alternative, and then said, nope, i prefer bud light??
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
deddog said:

C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

Why?its ****ty beer.Like who picked an alternative, and then said, nope, i prefer bud light??

That's the problem with predicting a rebound. Even after the boycott dies down, how many will return to Bud Light when you can buy a dozen other beers that taste about the same. Light beer is basically a commodity and once you've chosen a favorite, you're likely to stick with it.
txags92
AG
SociallyConditionedAg said:

deddog said:

C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

That's the problem with predicting a rebound. Even after the boycott dies down, how many will return to Bud Light when you can buy a dozen other beers that taste about the same. Light beer is basically a commodity and once you've chosen a favorite, you're likely to stick with it.
That is the problem they face with their beer being made into a political symbol that says I am woke or I am gay. By now, any regular beer drinker who stopped drinking it has found another beer they like. So for them to want to start buying BL again, they have to make the conscious decision that they want a BL bad enough over whatever beer they are drinking right now that they don't care if their buddies make fun of them or if the girl across the bar thinks they are a woke soy boy. I just don't think BL is a good enough beer to make people want to overcome that and start buying it again.
C@LAg
deddog said:

C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

because in the long run, most people just do not care enough to extend the boycott indefinitely

this boycott too shall pass, and some people (but less than before) will move back to drinking the beer.

txags92
AG
C@LAg said:

deddog said:

C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

because in the long run, most people just do not care enough to extend the boycott indefinitely

this boycott too shall pass, and some people (but less than before) will move back to drinking the beer.

The traditional concept of a product or business boycott involves the premise that people are "giving something up" or going some extra step to avoid purchasing from the targeted business. But with literally hundreds of choices of beers and dozens of direct competitors to BL available, nobody has to "give up" anything or inconvenience themselves to keep the boycott going. They can still drink beer without drinking BL, so there has to be something special about BL to make them want to overcome the stigma of drinking it again. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
Urban Ag
AG
txags92 said:

C@LAg said:

deddog said:

C@LAg said:

JaxDad said:

The traditional concept of a product or business boycott involves the premise that people are "giving something up" or going some extra step to avoid purchasing from the targeted business. But with literally hundreds of choices of beers and dozens of direct competitors to BL available, nobody has to "give up" anything or inconvenience themselves to keep the boycott going. They can still drink beer without drinking BL, so there has to be something special about BL to make them want to overcome the stigma of drinking it again. I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
Agree 100%. In the world of light beer, it's pretty mediocre. Miller Lite is slightly better and Coors Light is much better, IMO. Yuengling Flight and Aikman's 8 are actually really good light beer. And so many other options obviously.

Still don't think so many get it or who the consumer really was. BL is now gay beer. It's literally Schmitt's Gay from 90's SNL. Any rebound is going to be minimal.

InBev would be really smart to work with the Busch family and sell it back to them for pennies on the dollar.
nortex97
AG
bonfarr said:

For what, a 30 pack? That will certainly crush their margins when run on beer that nominally costs about a buck a can.
bonfarr
AG
nortex97 said:

bonfarr said:

For what, a 30 pack? That will certainly crush their margins when run on beer that nominally costs about a buck a can.

15 packs or larger.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Weaving through the mountain of TABC regulations, somehow bud light is allowed to run a $15 rebate on beer.
bonfarr
AG

Weaving through the mountain of TABC regulations, somehow bud light is allowed to run a $15 rebate on beer.

They are running it as a Sweepstakes in Texas due to TABC regs .
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.