Trump indicted

92,125 Views | 956 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by nortex97
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Im Gipper
The one that started it all is a go for March:

I'd say, putting it mildly, its a flimsy case. However, NYC jury so the result may be a foregone conclusion!

I'm Gipper
LMCane
BREAKING: Judge Orders March 25 Start to Trump-Bragg Trial
CNN 10:20 AM | February 15, 2024

A judge ruled former President and GOP front runner Donald Trump will face his first criminal trial with jury selection on March 25 in New York.

This comes after Judge Juan Merchan denied Trump's motion to dismiss the charges against him in the criminal hush money case Thursday.

nothing like the GOP Presidential Candidate being found guilty of felonies right before the summer conventions. will definitely increase Trump's popularity among the 25% independents who vote in the USA.
Stat Monitor Repairman

The presidential election is in the hands of the judiciary.

I don't see how you talk around that fact.

Trump faces 91 felony counts across two state courts and two federal districts,

Will the executive and judicial branches collude to convict their chief political opponent in the next 8-months 14-days?

What is your prediction?
Ellis Wyatt
I absolutely believe a New York jury will convict him. Probably in less than an hour, even if there's no evidence, testimony, or facts presented. We are way past the rule of law.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Priming the pump for us rubes. Laying the groundwork to do some heavy lifting, especially with these two little gems.

You looking at peak America right here.
Im Gipper
More gagging!

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Kind of hard to defame a felon like Michael Cohen.
will25u

Im Gipper
Trial now starts 4/15/24

I'm Gipper
MagnumLoad
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Will the executive and judicial branches collude to convict their chief political opponent in the next 8-months 14-days?

What is your prediction?
Very skeptical of those poll numbers? What poll was it and when?
aggiehawg
AG
Is Bragg going to get the former CFO out of prison to testify?
Stat Monitor Repairman
MagnumLoad said:

What is your prediction?
As I recall, MSM marching orders went out around the first week of February and the media set this narrative as I recall. A number of polls conducted on this very question and many articles published that news cycle on this issue. As I recall this was a screenshot from one of the many articles on that issue that week.
MagnumLoad

MagnumLoad said:

What is your prediction?
As I recall, MSM marching orders went out around the first week of February and the media set this narrative as I recall. A number of polls conducted on this very question and many articles published that news cycle on this issue. As I recall this was a screenshot from one of the many articles on that issue that week.

Thank you. So those are probably numbers the MSM likes. I don't think they are anywhere close to a true reflection of voter sentiment. Trump would not lose any supporter votes IMO, and maybe gain some if he is convicted by one of these kangaroo courts
Im Gipper
More gagging.

I'm Gipper
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

Trump later added chilling ingredients to the recipe: threaten the judge, his family, even his law clerk, with the veiled innuendo of political violence.
Veiled innuendo is the best kind of innuendo.

If not the best then at least in the top three.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Trump later added chilling ingredients to the recipe: threaten the judge, his family, even his law clerk, with the veiled innuendo of political violence.
Veiled innuendo is the best kind of innuendo.

If not the best then at least in the top three.
"Veiled innuendo" ? Is that like a "dog whistle."???
Faustus
Innuendo by its very nature is veiled. It's a tautology like baby lamb.

Edit - as Stat pilloried better.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

NM wrong case.
Im Gipper
Wrong indictment!

I'm Gipper
Stat Monitor Repairman
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
Last I saw those were filed at the appellate court and were sealed? Docket mentions change of venue but not sure what the other motion contains.
Im Gipper

I'm Gipper
Im Gipper
Trump has filed another appeal to stop this trial.

Does anyone understand the basis for immunity here?

I'm Gipper
TXAggie2011
AG
Quote:

Does anyone understand the basis for immunity here?
I believe he said that his Tweets cannot be evidence because his Twitter was an official account and thus they were all "official acts", and that any other "official acts" cannot be introduced as evidence.

He is basically saying immunity extends to the admissibility of particular evidence. They said the trial would need to be adjourned until SCOTUS decided the scope of immunity

The judge denied it for lack of timeliness and sounds like he was close to sanctioning Trump's attorneys.

Quote:

Further, and as an aside, the fact that the Defendant waited until a mere 17 days prior to the scheduled trial date of March 25, 2024, to file the motion, raises real questions about the sincerity and actual purpose of the motion, After all, Defendant had already briefed the same issue in federal court and he was in possession of, and aware that, the People intended to offer the relevant evidence at trial that entire time. The circumstances, viewed as a whole, test this Court's credulity.
aggiehawg
AG
Hmm. From the above CNN article.

Quote:

The notice also says Trump is seeking to challenge the judge's ability to oversee the trial. Previously, Trump filed a motion asking Merchan to recuse himself from the case saying the judge is conflicted based on work his daughter does for a political consulting firm that has worked for Democrats. The judge has not yet ruled on that motion.

After CNN reviewed the notice of petition on the public docket, the filing was sealed.
Why does everything have to be sealed in Trump cases? Criminal cases not involvng CIPA?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The circumstances, viewed as a whole, test this Court's credulity.
BREAKING:

Credulity of New York's judicial system under fire; Trump to blame.
Muy
AG
The Dems hate Trump so much they don't have a clue that - if these horrible attempts by their liberal DA's works - they are setting precedence to have the same done to their candidates.

Burn it down.
pdc093
Isn't that EXACTLY what happened when Harry Reid adopted the 'nuclear' option when Dems controlled the House? And then it came back to bite 'em?
Muy
AG
pdc093 said:

Isn't that EXACTLY what happened when Harry Reid adopted the 'nuclear' option when Dems controlled the House? And then it came back to bite 'em?

Yep. Just further proof that the left doesn't care about any long term impacts of their decisions, only decisions that keep them in power now.
Im Gipper
Trumps latest appeal to stop trial has been denied.

I'm Gipper
jt2hunt
AG
You happy?
Im Gipper
jt2hunt said:

You happy?

No.

I'm Gipper

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.