Win for West Texas A&M

18,319 Views | 211 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by CanyonAg77
StockHorseAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.myhighplains.com/news/local-news/wtamu-president-provides-reasoning-on-canceling-on-campus-drag-show-in-letter-to-students-staff-faculty/

This is a nice and refreshing letter to get from a University President.
DamnGood86
AG
It sounds to me like West Texas A&M University President Walter Wendler needs to get a new job.

I hope we can recruit him to College Station.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
TxSquarebody
This is the way.
milner79
"Skip the show, send the dough."
BaileyAg
AG
A University president with a backbone
Ag87H2O
AG
"WT endeavors to treat all people equally. Drag shows are derisive, divisive and demoralizing misogyny, no matter the stated intent," Wendler said in the letter. "Such conduct runs counter to the purpose of WT."

"Wendler goes on to say that mocking or objectifying members "of any group based on appearance, bias or predisposition is unacceptable." At the end of the letter, Wendler cites the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's purpose, stating that prejudice in the workplace, which Wendler said he believes drag shows are, is "harmful and wholly inappropriate"

"No amount of fancy rhetorical footwork or legal wordsmithing eludes the fact that drag shows denigrate and demean women ... "A harmless drag show? Not possible."

That's how you beat liberals at their own game. Wendler's letter is a thing of beauty. It's impossible for anyone to be intellectually honest and argue with his rationale. Of course, nobody ever accused leftist of being intellectually honest.
Pizza
West Texas A&M University President Walter Wendler announced that a planned drag show for later this month will not happen, stating his view that drag shows exaggerate and stereotype women in "cartoon-like extremes."

Truth.

For the leftist lurkers on here let that sink in quietly & slowly.... CARTOON LIKE EXTREMES!!!!!
Jack Squat 83
AG
Do yourselves a favor and read the entire letter he wrote. Picasso ain't got nothing on that gentleman.

He needs a bigger platform to get more of his words to more of "our" ears. Wow that was beautiful.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
UTExan
That was a genius response that avoided the drama and got straight to the point.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
JohnLA762
AG
TexasAggie_02
YouBet
AG
Unfortunately, it's easy to have a backbone in Canyon. He does that at a large, urban, Ivy, or almost any school not in Canyon or that isn't Hillsdale and the Regents oust him the next day.
fightingfarmer09
As a graduate of WT I will tell you if you have kids looking at colleges it is definitely top choice.
e=mc2
AG
YouBet said:

Unfortunately, it's easy to have a backbone in Canyon. He does that at a large, urban, Ivy, or almost any school not in Canyon or that isn't Hillsdale and the Regents oust him the next day.

Then he sues and wins. Profit.
YouBet
AG
e=mc2 said:

YouBet said:

Then he sues and wins. Profit.

Maybe.
Jack Squat 83
AG
YouBet said:

He pretty much disqualified himself for 95% of the university jobs by admitting he's a Christian.
Pretty sure most of you don’t know me.
halfastros81
AG
He doesn't want to be at those places so it works out fine.
TommyBrady
AG
He's very happy at WT and he is a hell of man. He knows he has the regents and Chancellor behind him.
Buck Turgidson
Walter Wendler used to be dean of the College of Architecture at the main campus in College Station years ago. I was an ED major in the mid-late 80's and he was dean back then, I think. He's had a long career.
e=mc2
AG
Both of my parents and my sister were/are Buffs. It's a good school. It's amazing seeing the campus now. It's quaint and pretty. A far cry from what it once was. And if you're looking for good public schools, it's hard to beat CISD.
KUBIAK
AG
Dr. Wendler was Vice Chancellor of the TAMU System in the late 90s to early 00s. I believe the primary author of Vision 2020.
BQ89AG
AG
Only in 2023 can you stand up for women and even provide a well thought out explanation like this and then be told in social media you need to apologize for your "disturbing comments"…. SMDH…. Carry on sir, carry on!
MAROON
AG
Put on him the short list for Chancellor when Sharp retires.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
cryption
Remember when drag shows and midget wrestling were funny? Pepperidge farms remembers
Drahknor03
AG
In today's edition of "The Libertarians Aren't Actually Friends."
captkirk
AG
This is the way
highlonesomeaggie
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

As a graduate of WT I will tell you if you have kids looking at colleges it is definitely top choice.
I'm hoping my oldest makes this decision though he has recently really been interested in A&M. And this is coming from an A&M grad.
fightingfarmer09
There use to be specific funding and preferred enrollment for graduate school positions for those within the system. I think much of this has been morphed into a minority outreach program, but it is worth looking into.

I got additional money for my Masters for attending within the TAMU system and again when I returned to A&M College Station as a PhD.

It's a great campus. Lots of local opportunities to work in whatever field you want to.
Muy
AG
If you want to pretend you enjoy drag queen shows, do it on your own time and private property.
aggie93
AG
I think a lot of you folks are missing the larger point. I mean if he does this the hardcore LBTQIA+-@$%^ folks and people that want to major in Gender studies are going to avoid places like WT. I mean what a horror that would be!
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
TAMU1990
AG
TommyBrady said:

He's very happy at WT and he is a hell of man. He knows he has the regents and Chancellor behind him.
That would be the same regents and chancellor we all know, right?
Bobaloo
Damn near brought a tear to my eye. Well done, SIR!
AGHouston11
AG
TAMU1990 said:

TommyBrady said:

That would be the same regents and chancellor we all know, right?

Does WT have a Diversity Equity Inclusion office in every department like the other Universities………… like TAMU

WT actually sounds like one of the few places that might have not gone completely off the rails
Old Sarge
AG
DamnGood86 said:

It sounds to me like West Texas A&M University President Walter Wendler needs to get a new job.

I hope we can recruit him to College Station.

Username fits description of person of topic, and therefore checks out!
"Green" is the new RED.
jrdaustin
AG
Yup. Get that man to College Station.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.