MN Governor Tim Walz Signs Bill for Free Meals

5,621 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Build It
Build It
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All of the energy and people combined to pull that off is so much more expensive tha giving the kid a sandwich.

Let's get the kids fed first. Then you can go on your social reeducation campaign.
YouBet
AG
Build It said:

Life isn't fair unfortunately, yes I'd rather some more to keep your kids fed if I have to. The alternative doesn't sit well with me. Even conservatives can be compassionate.

Just wondering what your solution is to keep these ids from being malnourished. Or do you just don't give a *****

So obtuse.

The kids that qualify get the free food. The 83% that don't qualify have their parents be accountable.

This isn't hard.
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
What is the endpoint for 100% 2 meals per day child feeding? 1 year? 5 years? Forever?

What else is going to change in the community while the food trough is endlessly filled?

Why is it wrong to demand accountability and change in exchange for 60% of your child's maintenance in perpetuity?

If you target the free lunches I bet you can afford multiple social programs.
Build It
AG
All of your suggestions are creating more government action. The simplest and least expensive option is to feed the damn kid. Hopefully he grows up to be a productive member of society and pays it back somehow.

You already give him textbooks, teachers, computers, buildings, electricity, and water.

I'm up for a sandwich to solve the issue. It's not obtuse at all.

Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Build It said:

All of your suggestions are creating more government action. The simplest and least expensive option is to feed the damn kid. Hopefully he grows up to be a productive member of society and pays it back somehow.

You already give him textbooks, teachers, computers, buildings, electricity, and water.

Wrong. If you give for free, the person will expect free forever. Nothing good will come of society from providing free lunch forever. Have you ever watched a bird feeder?? Name an example where handouts with no strings has improved society's.

The textbook, computers etc are paid by your property taxes and are property of the school. Food is a one time consumable that functioning families by design should provide.
deddog
AG
boboguitar said:

Quote:

Very few are hungry,
Source?
Trash can at the middle school where i used to volunteer. it was a low income area, so everyone good "free food".
Fatass Michele Obama deemed that everyone should get fresh fruit.

That fresh fruit was collected in the trash can at the end of the food aisle.
But it made a bunch of elitist libs feel good
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Build It said:

Life isn't fair unfortunately, yes I'd rather some more to keep your kids fed if I have to. The alternative doesn't sit well with me. Even conservatives can be compassionate.

Just wondering what your solution is to keep these ids from being malnourished. Or do you just don't give a *****

Be compassionate with your own money. That's the solution; donate time and money to local charities that help feed poor kids.

This simply is not the role of government. Sorry.
YouBet
AG
Build It said:

All of my suggestions? WTH are you talking about?

My suggestion is to feed the poor kids from that states coffers and let the parents that can feed their kids be actual parents and be responsible.

Feeding every kid in Minnesota via my tax dollars in Texas even when they don't need it is the very definition of creating more government action that is 100% unnecessary.

You are not a serious person.
Agsrback12
Someone is tight with the Governors office. Which company is the food contractor who is about to get paid?
YNWA.2013
Not the role of the government to get so involved. Little government is the way to go.

Government shouldn't tell you who you are allowed to marry

Government shouldn't tell you what you are allowed to do to your own body.

Government shouldn't tell you if you are allowed to serve in the military.

Government shouldn't be involved in the legality of drug use.
-FTA c/o 2013
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YNWA.2013 said:

Not the role of the government to get so involved. Little government is the way to go.

govt shouldn't be involved in marriage period; it's a religious institution.

agree 100%; once you reach age of majority (18) and only insomuch as it's your own body and not, let's say, another persons body living in your body

disagree on this one 100%; this is the primary role of government to provide for national defense and they must be selective on who can serve and in what capacity

agree; but drugs are dumb... in principal as long as your drug use isn't harming anyone else (kids, driving, etc) go wild on your own...
cecil77
AG
YNWA.2013 said:

In general, but simple statements don't stay.

If by "marry" you mean a religious service, yes, government should stay out of it. If my "marriage" you mean a governmentally designed bundle of tax and legal status - then of course the government gets to say who is eligible. But I would agree that anyone shoud.

Agree with "what do do with your own body". But when you have agreed to sex you've agreed to house any resultant human and you DON"T have the right to do whatever you want to THAT body.

The military is a government organization. Of COURSE they get to say who can join. Just like postal carriers, IRS agents or any other job. ALL employers should get to choose who to hire based on any criteria they decided.

Drug use by consenting adults, in private. Agree.
Tanya 93
Helping out at the church breakfast.

Once again complaining about biscuits and gravy (no sausage), scrambled eggs, yogurt, and fruit.

Only apple juice but no orange and no liquid creamer for coffee.

Yeah, these people are starving.
Build It
AG
I agree but somehow we allowed them to take our tax dollars and create a public school system.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.