January 6th hoax

30,123 Views | 379 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nortex97
notex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GOP should demand the government shuts down until these folks are released and pardoned, imho. Pass nothing, period.

Quote:

Kelly, a longtime Justice Department employee who worked for years at the U.S. attorney's D.C. officethe same office prosecuting every January 6 casewas unpersuaded by the defense argument and the totality of the evidence before him. "I think it makes sense for me to order the defense to do what the government's asked," Kelly concluded. The spreadsheet, which Ballantine later in the hearing described as a "classified document," could not be reviewed, copied, or shared until further notice.

A flurry of motions followed. Defense attorneys filed motions to dismiss the case based on Sixth Amendment violations. The Justice Department informed the court on March 12 that 80 rows in the original spreadsheet had been removed after prosecutors determined the messages were "either classified or sensitive." And the reference to a doctored FBI report? The government claimed the agent requesting the edit simply wanted to be removed from an email chain because he had been promoted and was no longer handling the informant. "The exchange concerns a routine clerical matter and does not suggest any wrongdoing on the part of the FBI generally or of Agent Miller personally," prosecutors wrote.

Sure.

Oh, and the 338 items of destroyed evidence? Prosecutors insisted, without providing a scintilla of proof, that message referred to the routine "disposal" of evidence in a 20-year old case that had been closed.

Always indignant, the Justice Department condemned the "potential for confusion and unfair prejudice here is obvious, given the inflammatory use defense counsel have already made of the 'destroy evidence' remark."

But the government's explanation as to why FBI agents were spying on email correspondence between a defendant and his attorney then apparently sharing that intelligence with prosecutors handling the case should alarm all Americans.

These people are being held as political prisoners of the Democrat Marxist party. End of story.

Empty the gulag first, then we can discuss governance/legislation again.
Beast of Burden
Our government is DIRTY.
FJB24
Beast of Burden said:

Our government is DIRTY.
Oh well, but, you know, we can all trust the intelligence/state/executive branch/DoD to go fight for freedom against Russia in Ukraine. Right? Right?

No, **** no we can't. Of course not. We have one of the biggest if not the single biggest liars in American political history nominally serving as POTUS and people want to trust him to negotiate a long term war of attrition risking nuclear conflagration in Central Europe?
Reload8098
AG
We are turning into frick'n Venezuela.
Only Fans Director
Beast of Burden said:

Our government is DIRTY.
All governments have some shade in them. Cronyism will always exist.
Proud father of an Aggie undergrad!
aggiehawg
AG
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
McKinney Ag69 said:

AGHouston11 said:

Worse is they succeeded and no recourse- and many Republicans were ok with it also and participated in it

That's because Republicans and democrats are on the same side, the uniparty side. 90% of our politicians are self serving and pure evil.
And yet, NO ONE is willing to change their voting habits.
MouthBQ98
AG
This was a democrat manufactured and curated narrative from the beginning. They all but set it up, they provided the opportunity by purposefully neglecting security, and directing passive security, and the agents provocateurs of their activist groups were in the crowd agitating.

Then they grossly exaggerated events, fabricated narratives that simply weren't based on the facts, and created a star chamber tribunal worthy of Stalinist Russia to feed the narratives to the media and public, and helped the DOJ carry out unfair legal proceedings against a large number of people while withholding evidence.

Democrat politicians are vile greedy self serving unethical scum that reflect very poorly on their voters.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

This was a democrat manufactured and curated narrative from the beginning. They all but set it up, they provided the opportunity by purposefully neglecting security, and directing passive security, and the agents provocateurs of their activist groups were in the crowd agitating.

Then they grossly exaggerated events, fabricated narratives that simply weren't based on the facts, and created a star chamber tribunal worthy of Stalinist Russia to feed the narratives to the media and public, and helped the DOJ carry out unfair legal proceedings against a large number of people while withholding evidence.

Democrat politicians are vile greedy self serving unethical scum that reflect very poorly on their voters.
Mouth? Have you been following the story from CTH about Pelosi needing to reconvene under emergency rules that took Pence out of the equation that day in order to end the ability of the House to further entertain any objections to certifying the electoral count?
93MarineHorn
Quote:

I don't know, they may reflect perfectly. At least for their vocal, militant voters.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not really. I would not be terribly surprised. The fact the Dems had the insurrection narrative with talking points ready to blast over the media while the even was still winding down tells me they had a contingency plan to exploit any protest if they could get one to go far enough to support the allegation.
MouthBQ98
AG
I try to be charitable to the less intellectually gifted.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Not really. I would not be terribly surprised. The fact the Dems had the insurrection narrative with talking points ready to blast over the media while the even was still winding down tells me they had a contingency plan to exploit any protest if they could get one to go far enough to support the allegation.
I have yet to be able to track down the exact rule on emergency sessions that they are referring to but I do remember Pelosi changed a hell of a lot of House Rules when she took the gavel in January 2019. Almost all of them designed to be able to go after Trump in impeachment hearings. The massive amount of lawyers she hired to "assist" committees being just one of them.

I'm just not sold that an "emergency rule" could thwart the Electoral Count Act and take Pence completely out of the equation.
nortex97
AG
aggiehawg said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Mouth? Have you been following the story from CTH about Pelosi needing to reconvene under emergency rules that took Pence out of the equation that day in order to end the ability of the House to further entertain any objections to certifying the electoral count?
If there were anything to the 'it was not a hoax' side the FBI/DoJ etc. would 100 percent release who they had/what assets they had in the area/on the grounds that day.

In other words, the burden of proof really is on anyone who claims J6 was some sort of organic insurrection to prove otherwise now. They've never even bothered to come up with a sacrificial lamb/excuse for why Ray Epps was put on the FBI most wanted and then within 2 days removed/presumed innocent/never charged.
aggiehawg
AG

nortex97
AG

nortex97
AG

As a reminder, federal prosecutors (USA's) who go to trial have an exceptional conviction rate/advantage normally, north of 99 percent I believe.
The Debt
Quote:

As a reminder, federal prosecutors (USA's) who go to trial have an exceptional conviction rate/advantage normally, north of 99 percent I believe.

Show me the man, I'll show you the crime
SwigAg11
AG
nortex97 said:

I've been having trouble finding information about his trials online. What was the misdemeanor he was convicted of, did it carry a prison sentence, and if so, did he already have time served from before the trial?
gonemaroon
AG
Has this guy in the video been arrested or is this another Ray Epps type?
nortex97
AG
He's been in pre-trial confinement yes, I believe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/jury-acquits-oath-keepers-operations-leader-of-conspiracy-hangs-on-obstruction/ar-AA18UafB

His biggest 'charge' was as I understand it essentially trying to destroy evidence when he deleted a bunch of files from his phone. Hillary Clinton and Andrew Weisman could not be reached for comment.

Quote:

Greene was represented at trial by Dallas-based attorney Britt Redden and Hawaii-based attorney William Shipley, a former federal prosecutor who also represented Oath Keeper Roberto Minuta during the second group trial earlier this year. Minuta and three other defendants in that group were found guilty on all counts, including seditious conspiracy, in January.

"We've always believed Michael Greene was indicted in order to keep him from testifying on behalf of the Oath Keepers who were targeted by the government," Shipley said in a statement to WUSA9. "He was the 'security professional' who led the personal security teams who assisted VIPs and kept them safe on January 6. The government never wanted to admit or acknowledge that was the purpose for the Oath Keepers' presence in Washington, D.C.

"Britt Redden and I are happy that the jury saw through the farce that was the government's case against him," Shipley added. "It was a case that should have never been brought."

Although other Jan. 6 defendants have been acquitted of charges including one, Matthew Martin, who was acquitted outright by a judge last year Tuesday was the first time the Justice Department has failed to secure a single felony conviction in one of its marquee conspiracy cases. Greene was not charged with the seditious conspiracy count that Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes and another defendant were convicted of in November, but had been portrayed by prosecutors as a key element of the Oath Keepers' plan on Jan. 6. In particular, prosecutors highlighted a three-way call between him, Rhodes and Kelly Meggs, a Florida Oath Keeper who was also convicted of seditious conspiracy, as precipitating the militia's movement on the Capitol.

All of these charges/shenanigans are outlandish.
gonemaroon
AG
I can't find what happened to Sam Andrews - was he there on Jan 6th and what happened to his court case?

nortex97
AG
gonemaroon said:

I can't find what happened to Sam Andrews - was he there on Jan 6th and what happened to his court case?

Was he actually a federal informant/saboteur etc. on J6?

nortex97
AG
Update! Another dangerous J6 revolutionary/insurrectionist sentenced. Yay, America is safe! A 22-year old woman is now behind bars for several years.

Quote:

You can read the full Justice Department report on the case here.

It's unclear if breaching the Capitol was even Riley's own idea. She reportedly traveled to Washington "with her father and his friends." You have to wonder how much of an influence her father played in her actions that day. One thing that is clear is that Williams wasn't one of the actual rioters who damaged the building or attacked the Capitol Hill Police. A quick look at her picture from the linked AP article will show you that she appears to weigh all of maybe 110 pounds soaking wet. But she did admit to stealing a gavel from Nancy Pelosi's office on social media, so she was technically rioting, I suppose. (There is some confusion on that point, which we'll get to in a moment.)

Riley entered the building through a door that had already been broken open by others. Once inside she allegedly "yelled at" some of the police officers. Prosecutors described her actions as "acting as an accelerant, exacerbating the mayhem." (Whatever that's supposed to mean.) She was also accused of "using men wearing helmets and body armor like a human battering ram," pushing them toward some of the Capitol Hill Police from behind. How much actual "pushing" of adult men the slightly-built young lady could manage was not explained.

She eventually reached Pelosi's office and, as mentioned above, she later claimed to have stolen a gavel from the then-Speaker's desk. I did some shopping online and found that most of the really nice wooden gavels can be purchased for less than fifty bucks. But let's just say that Nancy Pelosi had a really top-of-the-line gavel made of crystal. That's still less than 200 dollars. With apologies to the prosecutors, there's no such thing as Grand Theft Gavel. But while the AP article claims she stole the gavel, there is no indication in the Justice Department report that she was even charged with theft, to say nothing of being convicted. Given how desperately the prosecutors seemed to be trying to charge her with everything under the sun, why would they pass on the opportunity to take her down for theft? We may never know.

At her trial, the jury didn't seem to be too impressed with the monstrous nature of Riley's crimes. They failed to convict her of "obstructing an official proceeding." That's the big ticket item that supposedly made the riot "an insurrection." They also refused to convict her of "aiding and abetting" the theft of a laptop from Pelosi's office. How does one even do that? How many people does it take to steal a laptop?

Did she point at it and yell, "look! There's a laptop?"

In the end, Riley Williams was convicted of interfering with law enforcement officers, resisting or impeding law enforcement officers, disorderly conduct, and, of course, "parading." (They've charged everyone from the riot with parading.) And for that, the now-23-year-old Williams was sent to prison for three years. This is happening while actual rioters in California and Oregon who smash the windows out of stores and steal as much as $1,000 worth of retail merchandise are given probation if they are even pursued at all. It's one hell of a justice system we've got going here, isn't it?
93MarineHorn
To be fair, it seems she wasn't just someone who wandered in behind the crowd and then "toured" the bldg. Stealing the gavel from Pelosi's office and then bragging about it on FB is really stupid.
Slicer97
AG
So, she gets a couple of years for taking a little wooden hammer while we're letting murderers out on PR bonds. That makes sense. And I agree, what she did was stupid.
nortex97
AG
I agree she strikes me as having been a dumbass.

I don't understand (or rather, vehemently disagree) with punishing certain types of dumbasses over politically motivated speech/actions vs. others. "Parading" and "obstructing a proceeding" charges in J6 cases are in my mind all politically driven.

Were they not, the tapes/transcripts would have all been released under Dem-Pelosi control of the House, and MANY others would be charged for the incitement/violence (such as, oh, I dunno, Ray Epps, and the officer who killed Ashli Babbitt, Michael Byrd, who also went on TV and exclaimed his own heroism).
TRADUCTOR
RELEASE ALL THE PATRIOTS
oh no
AG
nortex97
AG
It was all a set up/staged event.

All of it.
The FBI had more people in the Proud Boys than non FBI folks.
https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2023/03/26/the-fbi-had-more-people-in-the-proud-boys-than-the-proud-boys-n539319

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.