Steve Deace on possible WW3 draft over Ukraine

17,886 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Space-Tech
Tom Kazansky 2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Peace talks would be detrimental to Zelinsky as the people who are in the Russian annexed area overwhelmingly think they are and want to be Russian.

I don't think Russia nor the people in the regions Russia annexed would accept not ceding territory.

Bearing in mind, of course, that Russia "annexed" regions that were far broader than the limited area within which there was any prior conflict and much of which had expressed no prior separatist sentiment at any point.

Additionally, considering the fact that much of the population of those areas have either fled into Europe or Western Ukraine, have been deported by Russia into Russia proper, as well as the active repopulation of certain areas with Russian citizens from within Russia, it seems somewhat skewed to hand over all of Russia's claimed areas of annexation based on their current occupancy one year after the fact instead of considering their original composition and known sentiments prior to the start of the war.

This seems less of a compromise and more "pay Russia's asking price".

To be clear, are you in favor of negotiation in good faith and a true mutual compromise or are you in favor of giving Russia whatever it takes to make them happy (to include lands that it's not clear they have the strategic ability to acquire) so as to encourage them to walk away with most of their original goals accomplished, and a clear W for their efforts?

I'm suggesting let the people who live in the area decide where they want to go and defend the people's choice.

Again this is the sensible thing to do now that we are involved. It's not that hard. That would be the correct thing to do and the true concession by either side.

We won't because the guys in power are in this for their own grift and they don't care about you, us, or Putin beyond him messing up their gravy train.

That said if there was a right way to sue for peace, let the people decide. Last I looked the area that sensibly wants to be Russian is being held up against their will by zelensky for his own party's economic desires.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GAC06 said:

Let's be honest, if we cut Ukraine loose tomorrow most of the "not another dime" folks would be spiking the football about how weak and fickle Brandon is.

No matter how this ends Brandon will look weak or stupid or likely both. There is no end to this that absolves him from either. You should have seen that but I guess you know better. Can't wait to bump this later.
J. Walter Weatherman
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Peace talks would be detrimental to Zelinsky as the people who are in the Russian annexed area overwhelmingly think they are and want to be Russian.

I don't think Russia nor the people in the regions Russia annexed would accept not ceding territory.

Bearing in mind, of course, that Russia "annexed" regions that were far broader than the limited area within which there was any prior conflict and much of which had expressed no prior separatist sentiment at any point.

Additionally, considering the fact that much of the population of those areas have either fled into Europe or Western Ukraine, have been deported by Russia into Russia proper, as well as the active repopulation of certain areas with Russian citizens from within Russia, it seems somewhat skewed to hand over all of Russia's claimed areas of annexation based on their current occupancy one year after the fact instead of considering their original composition and known sentiments prior to the start of the war.

To be clear, are you in favor of negotiation in good faith and a true mutual compromise or are you in favor of giving Russia whatever it takes to make them happy (to include lands that it's not clear they have the strategic ability to acquire) so as to encourage them to walk away with most of their original goals accomplished, and a clear W for their efforts?

I'm suggesting let the people who live in the area decide where they want to go and defend the people's choice.

Again this is the sensible thing to do now that we are involved. It's not that hard. That would be the correct thing to do and the true concession by either side.

We won't because the guys in power are in this for their own grift and they don't care about you, us, or Putin beyond him messing up their gravy train.

That said if there was a right way to sue for peace, let the people decide. Last I looked the area that sensibly wants to be Russian is being held up against their will by zelensky for his own party's economic desires

Have a link to something showing the bolded point? They sure seem to be fighting hard for people who would allegedly rather be in Russia.

And regardless, if a bunch of counties in south Texas wake up one day and decide they want to be a part of Mexico should we just let them do that whenever they want?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

That said if there was a right way to sue for peace, let the people decide. Last I looked the area that sensibly wants to be Russian is being held up against their will by zelensky for his own party's economic desires

Have a link to something showing the bolded point? They sure seem to be fighting hard for people who would allegedly rather be in Russia.

And regardless, if a bunch of counties in south Texas wake up one day and decide they want to be a part of Mexico should we just let them do that whenever they want?

See countless Ukrainian threads last year. If they don't then leave it up to the people. My opinion or ignorance on what they want doesn't change my suggestion.

And no they didn't fight that hard in those regions in the beginning.

We as in texas or the US? I think the people should decide their government and their allegiance. Don't you?

In your hypothetical, is the US a tyrannical government and is Mexico a more fitting option for freedom and self autonomy?

Edit: I don't consider wiki to be a legit source, but they sure don't seem very pro Ukraine based on recent history:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donetsk_People%27s_Republic

Maybe the people just voted in a bunch of pro Russian yahoos by accident or they are subverting their elections?
J. Walter Weatherman
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

See countless Ukrainian threads last year. If they don't then leave it up to the people. My opinion or ignorance on what they want doesn't change my suggestion.

We as in texas or the US? I think the people should decide their government and their allegiance. Don't you?

In your hypothetical, is the US a tyrannical government and is Mexico a more fitting option for freedom and self autonomy?

Countless threads? Feel free to link even one that isn't just spouting Russian propaganda.

And implying that Ukraine is some horrible tyrannical government is pretty insane when they aren't the ones invading their neighbors for no reason and murdering thousands of civilians.

Finally, no, random citizens don't get to decide national borders. If they want to be a part of another country they can move there.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Countless threads? Feel free to link even one that isn't just spouting Russian propaganda.

And implying that Ukraine is some horrible tyrannical government is pretty insane when they aren't the ones invading their neighbors for no reason and murdering thousands of civilians.

Finally, no, random citizens don't get to decide national borders. If they want to be a part of another country they can move there.

I didn't mean to imply they were tyrannical. I was talking about your hypothetical.

And lol at your last point, King George.
pagerman @ work
AG
Quote:

That was pretty much the status quo antebellum. The "ethnic Russian" areas of Ukraine were already under Russian occupation. The pretext for invasion was to stop nazi predations on the simple peace loving people in the Russian areas that only wanted to go on with their simple lives of dancing and togetherness.

What makes this set of decisions by Ukrainians any more important than the decisions made prior to the invasion?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
pagerman @ work said:

Quote:

That was pretty much the status quo antebellum. The "ethnic Russian" areas of Ukraine were already under Russian occupation. The pretext for invasion was to stop nazi predations on the simple peace loving people in the Russian areas that only wanted to go on with their simple lives of dancing and togetherness.

What makes this set of decisions by Ukrainians any more important than the decisions made prior to the invasion?

Again why did we stick ourselves in the middle to be word police for our corrupt Burisma housing foreign money laundry mat?

At this point I'm answering the question of what peace talks should look like.
J. Walter Weatherman
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

I didn't mean to imply they were tyrannical. I was talking about your hypothetical.

You were clearly inferring that Ukraine was the tyrannical option in your analogy, but given that you couldn't process the difference between tanks driven by Ukrainians and tanks driven by American soldiers it's not surprising you'd come up with a non-sensical example.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

You were clearly inferring that Ukraine was the tyrannical option in your analogy, but given that you couldn't process the difference between tanks driven by Ukrainians and tanks driven by American soldiers it's not surprising you'd come up with a non-sensical example.

I mean I point blank said "in your hypothetical".

It's a thing you Ukraine fanboys are crazy about semantics. This is boring.
Rossticus
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Edit: I don't consider wiki to be a legit source, but they sure don't seem very pro Ukraine based on recent history:

Maybe the people just voted in a bunch of pro Russian yahoos by accident or they are subverting their elections?

This was addressed numerous times over the first 6 months of the war. Lots of threads and posts covering it. Going to keep it simple because I'm just tired of writing dissertations on this same issue. Prior to Russia seeding, supporting, supplying, training, etc a relatively small initial group of separatists in 2014 there was no broad movement for independence from Ukraine outside of areas containing a high volume of illegal Russian immigrants. Yes. Eastern Ukraine had Russian illegals. Not surprising.

Via direct Russian influence and support, the group expanded and, via violence, bribery, and other coercive means ensured that pro-Russian elements were installed in local and regional government positions. They also ensured that there was little choice as to where local allegiances would lie if you lived in that area. It's a poor area. People didn't have an option to pick up and leave. Most residents who weren't men of fighting age just tried to keep their heads down and keep living. Men of fighting age didn't have a lot of options if they wanted to remain alive and keep their families safe. Their "opinions" and "voting" practices were whatever kept them safe and off the radar.

Eventually, as we know, this all boiled over into direct conflict between the Russian backed contingent (which was also comprised of actual illegal Russian citizens and literal Russian military), local Ukrainian nationalist militias, and Ukrainian government. There was never some wholly organic movement of Ukrainians who wanted to join Russia out of desire for some greater liberty or escape from Ukrainian tyranny. Russia manufactured it, pitched a pretty story, and when things got ugly, as they do in conflict, they pointed fingers as justification of their narrative.

If you want to talk about negotiation of a portion of the Donbas region in eastern Ukraine where the MOST pro Russian concentration of residents lived (many being literal Russian citizens) in order to cease hostilities and save lives then I don't see that as being unreasonable.

Advocating for permitting Russia to annex an area of 4 oblasts nearly 1/3 the size of Texas (whose residents, outside of the Donbas conflict, literally never pushed to leave Ukraine) based on what a limited group of people supported in a limited border region due largely to Russian subversion and destabilization seems a bit much, unless your logic is that the greater good is to end the war at all costs, with the quickest way of doing so being to offer Russia a sweetheart deal that allows them to achieve, for all practical purposes, victory.

And if that's your logic then that's your logic. Just trying to hone in on the heart of your pov.
nortex97
AG
Situation in Ukraine: grinding war of attrition.

China: let's have peace talks.

US: bombs Iran.

Oh, and our latest $2 billion in Biden warbucks for Zelensky is not coming from US inventory.

Quote:

Capabilities in this security assistance package include:

Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
Additional 155mm artillery rounds;
Munitions for laser-guided rocket systems;
CyberLux K8 UAS;
Switchblade 600 UAS;
Altius-600 UAS;
Jump 20 UAS;
Counter-UAS and electronic warfare detection equipment;
Mine clearing equipment;
Secure communications support equipment;
Funding for training, maintenance, and sustainment.

Unlike Presidential Drawdown, USAI is an authority under which the United States procures capabilities rather than delivering equipment that is drawn down from DoD stocks. This announcement represents the beginning of a contracting process to provide additional capabilities to Ukraine's Armed Forces.

But China better play nice and not give Putin any weaponry, dammit!
GAC06
AG
The article says Iran says it was an exercise and they blamed the previous actual attack on Israel. You don't have a great track record running with the stormtrooper twitter.
nortex97
AG
GAC06 said:

The article says Iran says it was an exercise and they blamed the previous actual attack on Israel. You don't have a great track record running with the stormtrooper twitter.
Sure bro, just a 1am training exercise. That's obviously what it looks like. My bad. Thank you again for the correction.

All is well!
GAC06
AG
They certainly might be lying. There's also nothing to suggest "we're bombing Iran"
Ags4DaWin
GAC06 said:

They certainly might be lying. There's also nothing to suggest "we're bombing Iran"

Yeah...our history of activity does nothing to suggest this admin is the most likely culprit.

Nordstream pokes it's head out and says hello.
GAC06
AG
The history here says that according to Iran, Israel did this recently. Nordstream can un-poke it's head.
The Debt
BigRobSA said:

Good Lord.

A draft? For Ukraine? LOL

They've been kicking ass on their own.

How Putin hasn't gotten whacked yet, from within, is beyond me.

Everyone. And I mean EVERYONE is killable.

Maybe you are listening to a biased press.
Burnsey
AG
WW3 today? Seriously? Damn it I had plans for the weekend!
Ags4DaWin
GAC06 said:

The history here says that according to Iran, Israel did this recently. Nordstream can un-poke it's head.

Yeah Israel is the other potential perp.

Or Israel doing this at the US's direction.

But think logically here- would Israel do this now that there is more conflict in Gaza and add to the problems coming over the horizon that they will have to deal with?

Israel is usually very cold and logical with their strikes.

It would be odd for them to be stirring the pot on two different fronts at once which makes them less likely the perp.

US actions show this admin is more than willing to stir all kinds of pots at once because we dum.
GAC06
AG
We're going to need one unnamed source before we can be sure of anything
Ags4DaWin
True.

But this admins incompetence and provocative nature says its most likely them doing dumb ****
oh no
AG
just a proxy. just supporting democracy in ukraine. no way it could escalate.

bombing german and russian infrastructure projects and iranian factories won't escalate anything. no way.

you ultra-maga conspiracy theorists would love WW3 like we do if Trump was president. probably.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Rossticus said:

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

This was addressed numerous times over the first 6 months of the war. Lots of threads and posts covering it. Going to keep it simple because I'm just tired of writing dissertations on this same issue. Prior to Russia seeding, supporting, supplying, training, etc a relatively small initial group of separatists in 2014 there was no broad movement for independence from Ukraine outside of areas containing a high volume of illegal Russian immigrants. Yes. Eastern Ukraine had Russian illegals. Not surprising.

Via direct Russian influence and support, the group expanded and, via violence, bribery, and other coercive means ensured that pro-Russian elements were installed in local and regional government positions. They also ensured that there was little choice as to where local allegiances would lie if you lived in that area. It's a poor area. People didn't have an option to pick up and leave. Most residents who weren't men of fighting age just tried to keep their heads down and keep living. Men of fighting age didn't have a lot of options if they wanted to remain alive and keep their families safe. Their "opinions" and "voting" practices were whatever kept them safe and off the radar.

Eventually, as we know, this all boiled over into direct conflict between the Russian backed contingent (which was also comprised of actual illegal Russian citizens and literal Russian military), local Ukrainian nationalist militias, and Ukrainian government. There was never some wholly organic movement of Ukrainians who wanted to join Russia out of desire for some greater liberty or escape from Ukrainian tyranny. Russia manufactured it, pitched a pretty story, and when things got ugly, as they do in conflict, they pointed fingers as justification of their narrative.

If you want to talk about negotiation of a portion of the Donbas region in eastern Ukraine where the MOST pro Russian concentration of residents lived (many being literal Russian citizens) in order to cease hostilities and save lives then I don't see that as being unreasonable.

Advocating for permitting Russia to annex an area of 4 oblasts nearly 1/3 the size of Texas (whose residents, outside of the Donbas conflict, literally never pushed to leave Ukraine) based on what a limited group of people supported in a limited border region due largely to Russian subversion and destabilization seems a bit much, unless your logic is that the greater good is to end the war at all costs, with the quickest way of doing so being to offer Russia a sweetheart deal that allows them to achieve, for all practical purposes, victory.

And if that's your logic then that's your logic. Just trying to hone in on the heart of your pov.

That's my logic as we have no reason to be there and Ukraine is not a NATO country. To say that area is not ethnically Russian beyond the rest of Ukraine is silly and untrue. Not saying you said that but you are heavily implying the only people that want to be a part of Russia in the region are some separatists and they all love Ukraine, which isn't true nor verifiable one way or the other.

Ukraine is a corrupt haven for our corrupt leaders.

Us getting involved costs us untold resources and creates a new foreign war we are supplying and escalating with more equipment and said resources.

Personally, I also think that if you sued for peace and got Putin what he wanted in that small victory, he would be dead soon anyway. After that there may be a new tyrant but you fight that battle when it comes instead of throwing more resources into Ukraine. That and during peacetime you can create new economic levers that stop Russia from taking aggression. Like we had before Biden ****ed it all up.

Say what you will about my logic but there is no end to this besides the US spending soldiers, money and equipment on a pyrrhic war of attrition OR Ukraine losing outright. We don't even have a strategy for victory except "making Putin give up". Which speaks for the dumbasses running our current foreign policy.
pagerman @ work
AG
Quote:

That's my logic as we have no reason to be there and Ukraine is not a NATO country. To say that area is not ethnically Russian beyond the rest of Ukraine is silly and untrue. Not saying you said that but you are heavily implying the only people that want to be a part of Russia in the region are some separatists and they all love Ukraine, which isn't true nor verifiable one way or the other.

Since claims of "ethnic Russianness" are sufficient to give Russia legitimate justification to take chunks of other countries, what do you propose we do when the exact same claims are made by Russia on Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia?

And never mind that Russia's stated purpose for the invasion was to keep Ukraine out of NATO.
Rossticus
Posted on another thread, but bears posting here as I believe it pertains to some of what you posted above, and provides context for Russia's ultimate goals stemming from this invasion.

Statement by former Russian president and current deputy chairman of Russia's Security Council, Dmitry Medvedev.

"Victory will be achieved. We all want it to happen as soon as possible. And that day will come," said Medvedev. He predicted that tough negotiations with Ukraine and the West would follow that would culminate in "some kind of agreement."

But he said that deal would lack what he called "fundamental agreements on real borders" and not amount to an over-arching European security pact, making it vital for Russia to extend its own borders now.

"That is why it is so important to achieve all the goals of the special military operation. To push back the borders that threaten our country as far as possible, even if they are the borders of Poland," said Medvedev.

https://news.yahoo.com/russias-medvedev-floats-idea-pushing-091433077.html
Rossticus
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Actually, there was a lot of analysis done on the point of Ukrainian sentiments toward joining Russia long before the war, and even in the areas closest to the Russian border in the east, the spilt was 50/50 at best. There simply never has been a groundswell of desire by Ukrainians to join Russia. That is a fact. I posted much of the information I'd researched on here last spring/summer and will see if I can find it. Not pulling it out of my butt or based on feels.

I still had this saved in my phone. Not the most detailed but it's a start. I'll look for more this weekend.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/06/regional-polls-show-few-ukrainians-russians-want-a-united-single-state/
mjschiller
AG
Commie puppet master, ob, is pulling his puppets strings. Remember before commie ob second victory that his objective was to transform America. Commie ob has all his people in bidens leadership positions.
mjschiller
AG
Hunter Biben received millions from Ukraine leaders.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Calls for DEI with respect to those sent to front lines in Ukraine.
J. Walter Weatherman
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Calls for DEI with respect to those sent to front lines in Ukraine.

Why do we care about what some random grandstanding Irish politician says?
P.U.T.U
AG
Especially when she is stating the obvious that everyone already knows. Typical for long, drawn out wars
AggieVictor10
AG

Am I missing some kind of push to send troops to Ukraine? Why is this even a talking point?

Biden needs his cut
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GAC06 said:

When Russia attacked Ukraine, we were providing arms and had no troops or troops of a country we are bound by treaty to protect in combat. A year later, that's still the case. But omg the eScaLaTiOn.

Neat debate strategy there btw. Repeat Russian talking point. When someone finally counters, call them a liar. Good stuff.

That new leak is a b, isn't it?

Receipts! Anyone with a rational brain knew we had operators in country supporting the Ukrainian effort.

Zergling Rush said:

BoDog said:

What is the cliff's notes version of these leaks-specifically what was said that is so damaging?
The US is spying on Zelensky.
There are at least 100 US, British, and French special forces operating in direct combat roles in Ukraine
The US is actively planning attacks for the Ukrainians
The US was supporting the protests against Netanyahu.
and some other stuff about our allies around the world....

In other words, someone decided that the Biden Admin needed to be a little more transparent on how they operate.

Just the small things that would get a former President impeached and likely removed from office, and maybe even hung.

It's (D)ifferent.

BTW this was likely espionage.....pick one - Russia, China, Saudi, or Israel.

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/04/07/leaked-documents-us-nato-ukraine-war-plan/
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG

Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

Am I missing some kind of push to send troops to Ukraine? Why is this even a talking point?
You can't be that naiive

Feel free to provide any information to the contrary.

See above.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.