Tucker on NBC Reporter on Pelosi Attack

5,978 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by fka ftc
captkirk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeeper79
AG
He obviously doesn't think his audience is very smart to be able to twist the story this way when his own network carries the police interview where the assailant clears up all the important "questions ". Anything left is inconsequential.
Teslag
AG
Jeeper79 said:

He obviously doesn't think his audience is very smart to be able to twist the story this way when his own network carries the police interview where the assailant clears up all the important "questions ". Anything left is inconsequential.

Why did NBC suspend the reporter for reporting facts?
BadMoonRisin
AG
Whatever you think of Tucker is fine -- i get why he is polarizing and i get why people dont like him --, but step back and take off your glasses -- all he is saying is that someone was fired from NBC news for accurately describing a piece of footage that you are now welcome to view with your own eyes. Did he lie? Did he embellish? Did he run counter to whatever narrative?

Think for yourself. Things like this are things that journalists should be doing.

He was punished. For doing his job.

That's the point.
fka ftc
Jeeper79 said:

So everything left is inconsequential yet the left is quibbling over Miguel's phrasing as reasons to suspend him then in the next sentence saying all important details have been answered including why Paulie is holding a drink, is not reacting normally when police arrive, was wickedly dumb on the phone.

You going to explain how DePape was familiar with the residence including the existence of safety glass and having exactly the right tool needed to gain entry? Most don't bring a sledge hammer to break a standard window pane.

But you right, nothing else to see here.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Maroon Dawn
AG
[Jeepers has left the chat]
Jeeper79
AG
Most of the segment is just words. But at the end, he suggests the the reporter was suspended because, and I quote…
Quote:

It DEFINITELY puts a crimp in their preferred story which was that the Pelosi household was invaded by Q anon activists or something.

So either (a) he hasn't done his homework or (b) he's a sleaze who thinks so little of his viewers that he can say whatever he wants and they'll just believe him.

Now he walks a thin enough line to have plausible deniability - to say that's not what the video showed instead of that's not what happened… But he also thinks little enough of his viewers to not see the difference there, either.
Jeeper79
AG
Teslag said:

Jeeper79 said:

Beats me why he was suspended, but there was an inaccuracy in the initial report that suggested he was returning to his attacker when the video shows that he never moved - the implication that he knew the guy or was comfortable with him. Seems like a material difference to me, though I'm sure others may disagree.

Would we even have a gay conspiracy theory without that line?
fka ftc
Yes, the gay hammer play theory was out day of. Right after the MAGA bs started and really simply in response to that.

Miguel's report was days later. Thanks for trying though, its precious.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Jeeper79
AG
fka ftc said:

Yes, the gay hammer play theory was out day of. Right after the MAGA bs started and really simply in response to that.

Miguel's report was days later. Thanks for trying though, it's precious.
Like I said, I don't know specifically why he was suspended. Nor does anybody else, here. But there was a material inaccuracy. And if the conspiracy theory was already out there, all the more reason to suspend careless reporting that may have fed it. I'm not defending NBC. We don't know if it was an overreaction or not since we don't have the whole story. But on its face, NBC had at least some amount of cause.
Rockdoc
AG
Reporter had it nailed and that caused the left to totally lose it. Evidently they're still losing it. And as far as Tucker goes, he tells it like he sees it. Don't agree? Don't watch.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Most of the segment is just words. But at the end, he suggests the the reporter was suspended because, and I quote…
Quote:

It DEFINITELY puts a crimp in their preferred story which was that the Pelosi household was invaded by Q anon activists or something.

So either (a) he hasn't done his homework or (b) he's a sleaze who thinks so little of his viewers that he can say whatever he wants and they'll just believe him.

Now he walks a thin enough line to have plausible deniability - to say that's not what the video showed instead of that's not what happened… But he also thinks little enough of his viewers to not see the difference there, either.
Well, sorry. it's not that simple, well wait. No it IS that simple, it's just that you are completely WRONG.

Here is an NBC news link confirming what he said was in truth:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/paul-pelosi-attack-partly-the-gop-maga-fault-rcna55458

Quote:

DePape has been charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, residential burglary, false imprisonment and threatening a public official. He pleaded not guilty to all charges Tuesday.

Following his plea, prosecutors filed a detention memo with comments DePape allegedly made to authorities. "I'm sick of the insane f------ level of lies coming out of Washington, D.C. I came here to have a little chat with his wife," DePape said he told Paul Pelosi, according to the memo.
It would be a mistake not to see how DePape was radicalized (at least in part) by a right-wing media that does the bidding of a Republican Party, which has seemingly embraced a win-at-all-costs, democracy-be-damned mentality.

NBC news, the outlet he directly criticized for firing a journalist that was telling the truth based on evidence that you can now see with your own eyes, was trying to make this a right-wing MAGA guy. Tucker called them out, rightfully so, and you have a problem with that....but..You are completely and utterly wrong. Again.

Once again, you're talking out for your rear.
zephyr88
AG
still think it was a drunk love quarrel...
rgag12
AG
Jeeper79 said:

You believe the words of a clearly deranged lunatic?

And you want to talk about being "smart"
J. Walter Weatherman
zephyr88 said:

So you're just choosing to ignore every piece of evidence including the attacker's confession?
fka ftc
Like election fraud, some people on see what they want to see.

I see a familiarity between DePape and Pelosi / the residence that has not been explained.

Have not seen the additional CapPoPo surveillance video.

No explanation of why the system was not armed.

Why no internal video footage.

WTF did he have a drink in this hand.

WTFFFF did he not tell the cops "get this *******" as soon as they opened the door.

Until those things are answered, gay hammer play is plausible.

TheEternalPessimist
Teslag said:

Jeeper79 said:

Narrative preservation
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
texsn95
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

[Jeepers has left the chat]

Where did this ****ing poster come from in the first place? Asinine arguments, day in and day out.
Teslag
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Teslag said:

Jeeper79 said:

Beats me why he was suspended, but there was an inaccuracy in the initial report that suggested he was returning to his attacker when the video shows that he never moved - the implication that he knew the guy or was comfortable with him. Seems like a material difference to me, though I'm sure others may disagree.

Would we even have a gay conspiracy theory without that line?

Tucker's segment isn't about Pelosi. It's about NBC immediately suspending someone that turned out to be correct. It's a critique on mainstream media and it's worth discussing.

But keep playing goalie for them.
BadMoonRisin
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

zephyr88 said:

So you're just choosing to ignore every piece of evidence including the attacker's confession?
George Floyd literally said "I ate too many drugs".

Why is this (D)ifferent, do you think? Hard to tell when we can and cant trust what the own person is saying. Just kidding. You aren't fooling anyone.
chap
AG
Jeeper79 said:

Quote:

Oh my.
Get Off My Lawn
My expectation: Pelosi or an affiliate flexed their desire to the network to kill the initial narrative (basic reporting). The network cans the reporter to appease and asks what to run with instead.

Time passes and nobody can fabricate a plausible explanation to what ever actually occurred. The story drops out of the news entirely without any answers. And that's where we're at.

Same as Epstein. Same as Nordstream. Same as Afghan withdrawal. If a D-positive coherent spin can't be fabricated, the thing just drops. Radio silence and the next distraction.
Sam and Dean
AG
If you don't like Tucker, just don't watch. I turned off MSM decades ago because I grew tired of being told how I should think. Major difference is Tucker does not profess to be a "news" program like the disingenuous "news" programs claim to be on MSM. Fox clearly lists Tucker under OPINION category.

BTW- I turned Fox off years ago as well. I do catch Tucker occasionally on You Tube and like his program.
"I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna...I shall never surrender or retreat."
J. Walter Weatherman
BadMoonRisin said:

zephyr88 said:

Why is this (D)ifferent, do you think? Hard to tell when we can and cant trust what the own person is saying. Just kidding. You aren't fooling anyone.

I mean you could also go with the footage of him breaking in the window. I guess that was all part of the act? Y'all have some weird fantasies.
BadMoonRisin
AG

BadMoonRisin said:

zephyr88 said:

I mean you could also go with the footage of him breaking in the window. I guess that was all part of the act? Y'all have some weird fantasies.
OK So gay-hammer-vegan-weirdo attack -- take him at his word - clearly NOT mentally ill canadian drifter that likes buttsex -- def a MAGA Trumpian.

Fentanyl Floyd -- Dont take him at his word.

Why are you so racist? You only listen to the white man?

fka ftc

BadMoonRisin said:

zephyr88 said:

This has already been discussed on this thread. Rich people have weird fetishes. Add in privilege, San Fran, a known drunk with the bride of satan for a wife and just about anything is possible.

Shoefly!
AG
zephyr88 said:

He did not pay him!
J. Walter Weatherman
fka ftc said:

BadMoonRisin said:

zephyr88 said:

This has already been discussed on this thread. Rich people have weird fetishes. Add in privilege, San Fran, a known drunk with the bride of satan for a wife and just about anything is possible.

Sure, you could say that they were secret gay lovers and that Pelosi's fantasy was to have someone break into the house, have him call the police, wait until they got there and then get his head bashed in with a hammer. Oh and then also get him to lie to the police about why he was there. All part of the fantasy I guess.

Or, you could go with what actually happened based on video evidence and the confession. I don't think he was some brainwashed maga person like the left said originally either, just generally a lunatic who thankfully will be in jail for a long time. But anyone still buying the gay fantasy thing is just conspiracy hunting for some weird reason.
fka ftc
Thanks. I really like my version better. MSM cannot be trusted and I've seen deep fakes.

Plus the unanswered questions and missing footage.

You keep eating the milk ones MSM feeds. Be a good boy now, sit and then roll over and let Joe sniff your belly.

J. Walter Weatherman
Lol right. Enjoy your weird fantasies I guess.
Ed Harley
AG
fka ftc said:

Almost as precious as being so sensitive that you "double-flag" people to get them banned. Just precious. Can I expect a "triple-flag," precious?
fka ftc
unmade bed
What everyone playing the "Miguel Almaguer's report was mostly accurate so he shouldn't have been suspended" card seem to be glossing over is the context of when his report came out and how it was perceived.

Official statements or documents (affidavit) from both SF police and the FBI had been previously released to the public indicating that it was unknown who inside opened the front door for the police and that when police arrived Pelosi and Depape were both holding a hammer which Depape wrestled away from Pelosi and used to smash pelosi's skull in.

Then Almaguer's report came out that Pelosi alone answered the door for police and that instead of attempting to flee, he walked away from police and back towards Depape before Depape attacked him.

Almaguer's report was immediately cited here and across Twitter, etc as being proof that police and FBI were lying and trying to cover up what happened. The parts of Almaguer's report that were incorrect (Pelosi answered the door by himself and Pelosi walked away from police and back to his attacker) that Tucker and others are now dismissing as "minor details" were the EXACT details that the conspiracy guys were latching on to as proof that police were lying about the official narrative.

Don't take my word for it, here's the Forum 16 thread: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3334073/26 where Almaguer report starts being discussed. That's a fun thread to read through. So many theories. So many unexplainable questions (like glass outside the window instead of inside) that have been thoroughly explained and replaced with new unexplainable questions (why does Paul have a drink).

Also to be clear Almaguer didn't get fired. He got suspended (for a month) pending an internal investigation by NBC as to the credibility of the source he used for his report given that contradicted official police statements and court records.

Did NBC overreact? Probably. I am not defending NBC, they seem to have a bizarre and uneven suspension policy - they recently suspended a Tech reporter for a tweet making fun of Elon Musk for not knowing who the General Counsel for Twitter was until 6 weeks after he bought it.
Rockdoc
AG
Ed Harley said:

fka ftc said:

Almost as precious as being so sensitive that you "double-flag" people to get them banned. Just precious. Can I expect a "triple-flag," precious?

Where is it recorded who flags who? Just curious how you know.
Ed Harley
AG
Rockdoc said:

Ed Harley said:

fka ftc said:

Where is it recorded who flags who? Just curious how you know.

On a thread where I hurt his feelings, he posted that he flagged me. Then, on that same thread, he posted that he "double-flagged" me (I assume because I hurt his gentle feelings more). Then I got banned about 5 minutes later. That's how I know. He admitted to it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.