4-star UF QB commit loses scholarship for singing racial slur

6,103 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Charles Hickson Knows
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And is now being recruited by a Historically Black College or University. Can't make this **** up.

TheCurl84
Aggie4Life02
AG
Gay.
C@LAg
this is what... the third or fourth event in the last two seasons?

and yet black players can rap that offensive crap with no consequences.

someone needs to sue over this.

fair is fair. and it is blatant discrimination.
1872walker
The point is now he has an offer from a HCBU. Clown World.
Scotty Appleton
Maybe they got confused by his nameā€¦
C@LAg
1872walker said:

i got that. and the irony.

but still it is outright discrimination and unfair treatment of athletes.
TravelAg2004
AG
Quote:

In response to Florida pulling his offer, he explained, "I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media. I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football."
Honest question...how was it offensive? If it's in a song on the radio, how can someone else singing along with it (not performing, remixing, whatever) be offensive?
IslanderAg04
Can he play LB?
FIDO*98*
AG
Worst thing he could do was apologize when there's nothing to apologize for. Quit kowtowing to these clowns
agent-maroon
AG
TravelAg2004 said:

Quote:

In response to Florida pulling his offer, he explained, "I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media. I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football."
Honest question...how was it offensive? If it's in a song on the radio, how can someone else singing along with it (not performing, remixing, whatever) be offensive?

You would think the radio would make it OK, right? Dont know about rap, but just try singing along with "Fat Bottom Girls" with your wife in the car and see how it goes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
combat wombat™
AG
If it's not okay to say the word, no one should say the word. If you don't want white kids to sing the word, then don't put the word in your music.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
it's almost like the goal of al of this is to create a blatant double standard that punishes one group unfairly because of the color of their skin. i feelz like there is a word to describe that but just can't put my finger on it.
combat wombat™
AG
It's almost like white parents should forbid their kids from listening to music by black artists. You'd hate for your kids to lose a scholarship because they were singing along to their favorite song.
The Collective
AG
The hilarity is the UF quarterback situation.
TRADUCTOR
Freedom of speech is so 20th century and most of 19th.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
combat wombat said:

It's almost like white parents should forbid their kids from listening to music by black artists. You'd hate for your kids to lose a scholarship because they were singing along to their favorite song.

my kids love morgan wallen and country music so i am good.
not hedge
He learned from his mistakes like a man, why are you hating
DrEvazanPhD
not hedge said:

The point...

your head.
C@LAg
there was no mistake here.

there was an overreaction by a bunch of limp-%%%%ed professional perpetual victims.
C@LAg
DrEvazanPhD said:

not hedge said:

The point...

parent's basement ceiling

your head.
FIFY
TheEternalPessimist
1872walker said:

And is now being recruited by a Historically Black College or University. Can't make this **** up.

Kudos to the HBCU. Seriously.
--

"The Kingdom is for HE that can TAKE IT!" - Alexander
BluHorseShu
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Freedom of speech is so 20th century and most of 19th.
Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. I'm just thankful social media wasn't around when I was in his/college.
DrEvazanPhD
Well played sir!
torrid
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

it's almost like the goal of al of this is to create a blatant double standard that punishes one group unfairly because of the color of their skin. i feelz like there is a word to describe that but just can't put my finger on it.
Jim Dove.
2aggiesmom
agent-maroon said:

TravelAg2004 said:

Quote:

You would think the radio would make it OK, right? Dont know about rap, but just try singing along with "Fat Bottom Girls" with your wife in the car and see how it goes.

I love that song!

Muktheduck
TravelAg2004 said:

Quote:

Because a member of a lower caste doesn't have the same rights as those in more privileged castes
TexAgs91
AG
C@LAg said:

1872walker said:

i got that. and the irony.

but still it is outright discrimination and unfair treatment of athletes.

I think Black Supremacy is ok in the new Constitution
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
oldarmyjess66
AG
Muktheduck said:

TravelAg2004 said:

Quote:

Because a member of a lower caste doesn't have the same rights as those in more privileged castes
What?
oldcrow91
AG
Getting shunned for singing rap music?

I'll allow it GIF.
AggieVictor10
AG
combat wombat said:

If it's not okay to say the word, no one should say the word. If you don't want white kids to sing the word, then don't put the word in your music.

You should say the word.not just around the house but out in public and at work. Don't let anyone take it from you. Not even just that word but everything that comes to mind. Take a stand.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds arenā€™t real.
combat wombat™
AG
I don't WANT to say "the word". Never have. But if we are to believe it is so offensive that it must not be uttered, then those lost offended should lead the charge and stop using it.
JohnLA762
AG
What ever happened to:

Burdizzo
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Can he play LB?

Yes, but not allowed to wear sleeves.
Science Denier
AG
So, they don't "cancel" the artist that made the song
They don't cancel the station that plays the song
But they cancel the listener of the song cause he repeated the song word for word.

Lol
LOL OLD
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.