4-star UF QB commit loses scholarship for singing racial slur

6,094 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Charles Hickson Knows
DrEvazanPhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
combat wombat said:

I don't WANT to say "the word". Never have. But if we are to believe it is so offensive that it must not be uttered, then those lost offended should lead the charge and stop using it.

It's just a ****ing word.
combat wombat™
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

combat wombat said:

I don't WANT to say "the word". Never have. But if we are to believe it is so offensive that it must not be uttered, then those lost offended should lead the charge and stop using it.

It's just a ****ing word.

Dude, I get it. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy.
usmcbrooks
Remember when some guy wrote an article about A&M having a Murderer, Rape enabler, and Adulterer on the coaching staff?

Florida had an actual Murderer play for them, and commitments from a Pedophile and a Racist.

Where's the article?
LMCane
1. Florida first had this QB cut for a racial slur

2. then their backup QB was cut because he was chasing under age girls on the internet (kitna)

3. Then their starting QB jumped early to the draft

4. then their 5 star recruit they told would get 13 million dollars to flip from my Hurricanes - bailed on them when it turned out they lied and didn't have the money.

so as bad as it can be in College Station- it's worse in Gainesville!
JamesPShelley
TravelAg2004 said:

Quote:

In response to Florida pulling his offer, he explained, "I was in my car listening to rap music, rapping along to the words and posted a video of it on social media. I deeply apologize for the words in the song that I chose to say. It was hurtful and offensive to many people, and I regret that. I fully accept the consequences for my actions, and I respect the University of Florida's decision to withdraw my scholarship offer to play football."
Honest question...how was it offensive? If it's in a song on the radio, how can someone else singing along with it (not performing, remixing, whatever) be offensive?
He's been listening and singing to (C)Rap all his life, and he folds like a dry towel when a few other ******* get their panties all up in a bunch? What a *****.
cr06gis
AG
Aaaaaand it's gone...

Sea Speed
AG
The most powerful word in the universe.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Black artist and labels want everyone buying and listening to their music.
The content of the song is what makes it popular which adds revenue through air play and sales. It is absolutely asinine to expect anyone listening to it or that has purchased it, not to sing or repeat the lyrics. It s galactic stupidity to get upset about it when someone does.
LatinAggie1997
AG
If this is the response from black community to non blacks singing their songs, whites should no longer be purchasing or downloading it.

The loss in revenue would quickly get artists and labels to defend "singing songs".
agent-maroon
AG
While I don't think anyone should be dropping the N bomb, it just doesn't seem right that this kid's life/football career should end because he was singing along with what is considered a mainstream song that a black artist recorded. If we can't recognize this for the hypocrisy that it is then we are legitimately beyond hope.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LatinAggie1997
AG
https://naacp.org/resources/naacp-official-position-use-word-******-and-n-word

"the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People shall not condone, award, or engage any person that uses the N-word in any capacity, or in any artistic endeavor that does not allude to the historical context of the word, or that does not highlight the prejudicial nature of the word;"

Not everyone got the message....or they meant to say Whitey instead of any person.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Woke up and went the whole day without saying that word. Just like yesterday. And the day before. Doesn't seem that hard.
zephyr88
AG
TheTruthsLastHope
LatinAggie1997 said:

The content of the song is what makes it popular which adds revenue through air play and sales. It is absolutely asinine to expect anyone listening to it or that has purchased it, not to sing or repeat the lyrics. It s galactic stupidity to get upset about it when someone does.

What do black artist and labels have to do with UF decisions to remove scholarship?
LatinAggie1997
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

What do black artist and labels have to do with UF decisions to remove scholarship?

The outrage. The need to be PC. Groupthink.
Because....he didn't say it to teammate, stranger, or anybody for that matter. He was singing the lyrics of a song performed by a black artist. Singing a song isn't indicative of character or values. It merely demonstrates preference/choice in music, which is actually supporting the labels and artist.

The word shouldn't be selectively offensive and context is important.
TheTruthsLastHope
LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

Because....he didn't say it to teammate, stranger, or anybody for that matter. He was singing the lyrics of a song performed by a black artist. Singing a song isn't indicative of character or values. It merely demonstrates preference/choice in music, which is actually supporting the labels and artist.

But you didn't mention anything about UF. UF made the decision and only they are responsible. The kid used a racial slur and even he realizes he was wrong.
BigRobSA
TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

But you didn't mention anything about UF. UF made the decision and only they are responsible. The kid used a racial slur and even he realizes he was wrong.

He didn't "use a racial slur". That's an idiotic take. He sang the words of a song with that word in it. I do the same thing, windows down and all. Unapologetically even. I have only ever used the word, on its own, when with teammates of my basketball team. This was before idiots like Obama worsened race relations, though, in the 80s. It was understood, between us, to be used in a non-serious/non-racial manner. Same as if they used "beaner" or "honky" with me.

But, if an artist puts it in the song, it's meant to be sung and would have zero racial animus.
LatinAggie1997
AG
UF is too stupid to realize he is simply singing the lyrics to a song by a black artist. They could have spoken to him about how certain people might not like it and moved on. Nope, they overreacted and caused more direct harm to his future than to anyone's sensitivities that saw the clip.
girlfriend_experience
word is so bad its uttered repeatedly everyday in this country
girlfriend_experience
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful said:

Woke up and went the whole day without saying that word. Just like yesterday. And the day before. Doesn't seem that hard.
you never sing to songs you like?
jjtrcka22
jjtrcka22
Nailed it.
TheTruthsLastHope
BigRobSA said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

He didn't "use a racial slur". That's an idiotic take. He sang the words of a song with that word in it. I do the same thing, windows down and all. Unapologetically even. I have only ever used the word, on its own, when with teammates of my basketball team. This was before idiots like Obama worsened race relations, though, in the 80s. It was understood, between us, to be used in a non-serious/non-racial manner. Same as if they used "beaner" or "honky" with me.

But, if an artist puts it in the song, it's meant to be sung and would have zero racial animus.

He did use a racial slur and that fact isn't up to debate unless you're trolling beyond that of idiotic takes. Yes you're legally allowed to use racial slurs, but you're personal use of racial slurs is irrelevant when speaking on the UF and who they admit to their schools. Racial slurs were a pretty big thing longe before Obama became president in 2008, but I get your need to blame him for everything bad even before he was born.
TheTruthsLastHope
LatinAggie1997 said:

UF is too stupid to realize he is simply singing the lyrics to a song by a black artist. They could have spoken to him about how certain people might not like it and moved on. Nope, they overreacted and caused more direct harm to his future than to anyone's sensitivities that saw the clip.

That's your opinion on UF's intellect. They most likely aren't making excuses or rationalizations for the former players use of a racial slur. They could have done many things but they chose the option they felt comfortable with. They acted appropriately and have done a tremendous job in not going back on their decision.
Charles Hickson Knows
Thoughts on A&M formerly being associated with a racially slurred team entrance song at Kyle Field?
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
agent-maroon said:

While I don't think anyone should be dropping the N bomb, it just doesn't seem right that this kid's life/football career should end because he was singing along with what is considered a mainstream song that a black artist recorded. If we can't recognize this for the hypocrisy that it is then we are legitimately beyond hope.

I love how we throw all basic logic out to support the illogical in this one specific case with no explanation needed.
BigRobSA
TheTruthsLastHope said:

BigRobSA said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

He did use a racial slur and that fact isn't up to debate unless you're trolling beyond that of idiotic takes. Yes you're legally allowed to use racial slurs, but you're personal use of racial slurs is irrelevant when speaking on the UF and who they admit to their schools. Racial slurs were a pretty big thing longe before Obama became president in 2008, but I get your need to blame him for everything bad even before he was born.

He sang a song with the word in it. That isn't now, and never was, "using a racial slur". Your continued record of bad takes stands. Good job.
I am always wrong
TheTruthsLastHope said:

BigRobSA said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

If it's a racial slur no matter the context, why aren't black people punished and canceled when they say it to each other or in a "song"?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

I'm guessing you chose your username to be as ironic as possible?

If not, you failed miserably.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

That's your opinion on UF's intellect. They most likely aren't making excuses or rationalizations for the former players use of a racial slur. They could have done many things but they chose the option they felt comfortable with. They acted appropriately and have done a tremendous job in not going back on their decision.

You couldn't be more NPC if you tried.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Charles Hickson Knows said:

Thoughts on A&M formerly being associated with a racially slurred team entrance song at Kyle Field?

Not this **** again.
Martin Cash
AG
TheTruthsLastHope said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

Do you take lessons on being obtuse, or does it just come naturally?
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Charles Hickson Knows
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Charles Hickson Knows said:

Not this **** again.
Lest we forget..

Did you see the song chosen 24hr after Power got the axe? Makes one wonder who is running the show in the AD...

Yes, the truth hurts sometimes, pray we learn from it.
Our thoughts on the current controlled EXTRATERRESTRIAL reality disclosure process and related US GOV cover-up? Once the uneasy, contagious giggling subsides, how will our civilization and the mislead sheep adapt to this publicly known reality? Are the good Shepherds withholding the truth in our best interest? Perhaps multiple species are involved?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.