1987 film - Predator

8,276 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PabloSerna
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bam02 said:

Well you don't ignore it. That seems to be your suggestion.

Why acknowledge it if you aren't going to do anything that stop it? Serious question. Why even talk about it?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
bam02
AG
The more people talk about it the more is done about it. Disney toned it down. The NFL toned it down.

I can only assume you are a woke soyboy or just a troll.
tysker
AG
not hedge said:

I was rooting for the predator the whole movie
you were rooting for the colonizer?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
bam02 said:

The more people talk about it the more is done about it. Disney toned it down. The NFL toned it down.

I can only assume you are a woke soyboy or just a troll.

Wait? I'm a troll or soy boy because I called you out for not doing anything about it other than *****ing. That's weird. You apparently just want to whine or play the victim. I'm my opinion, that's how "soy boys" act. Man up for goodness sakes and either ignore their stupid **** or do something about instead of acting like a little…

God forbid you have to interrupt the comfortable life you have that's easy.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Matt_ag98
SMidgett87 said:

HollywoodBQ said:

When was the last time you heard the original, uncensored version of Dire Straits "Money for Nothin'"?

There's a censored version?

Yeah, they just cut that whole verse out about the earring and airplane/millionaire etc, I mean the song is long enough you barely notice it (sometimes they screw up on the Big 80s Countdown on SXM and play the original version though)
BTHOB-98
I went with another buddy of mine (both of us are white.) to see Boys N The Hood at a theater in south Austin and everyone else in the theater was African American. At the time there had been shootings in theaters because of the whole blood/ crip ordeal. it was a rowdy theater until the movie started and then it went to a completely out of control level. about 5 minutes into the film a large man (he seemed like he was 6'7" 300 lbs) stoop up right in front of me and and turned to face the crowd and said " hey everyone shut the F up!!" I almost pooped it was so loud. I thought oh hell we're going to die. It worked out though. Good memory actually. Lol
Matt_ag98
stetson said:

1986 "Aliens" rules. Motion detecting automatic fire sentry machine guns! What??
  • Ripley (female main character)
  • Sergeant Apone (black)
  • Private Vasquez (hispanic female)
  • Corporal Ferro (female pilot)
  • Private Frost (black)

Of course Hollywood's hegemony and its liberal racist agenda continues to discriminate against and marginalize Asians.

Private Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Private Vasquez: No. Have you?

Kills me every time!
bam02
AG
It's a message board/chat forum. I'm doing plenty by not going to movies or watching anything on tv but football. I'm good.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
bam02 said:

It's a message board/chat forum. I'm doing plenty by not going to movies or watching anything on tv but football. I'm good.

Stay comfortable and keep on *****ing.
bam02
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

bam02 said:

Stay comfortable and keep on *****ing.

Ok. I give up, guy. What should I do? Besides stop posting on Texags.
cbr
AG
Matt_ag98 said:

stetson said:

1986 "Aliens" rules. Motion detecting automatic fire sentry machine guns! What??
  • Ripley (female main character)
  • Sergeant Apone (black)
  • Private Vasquez (hispanic female)
  • Corporal Ferro (female pilot)
  • Private Frost (black)

Of course Hollywood's hegemony and its liberal racist agenda continues to discriminate against and marginalize Asians.

Private Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?

Private Vasquez: No. Have you?

Kills me every time!

here's one that blows my mind:

Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Get involved in government. Help someone get elected. Join a watch dog group. Volunteer to teach/coach kids. Volunteer in your community. Just a few things to do.

Say what you will about leftist but they get off their butts.
bam02
AG
Ok. So until I get signed up for that I shouldn't post my thoughts. Ok, dip*****

You keep on, though.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
bam02 said:

Ok. So until I get signed up for that I shouldn't post my thoughts. Ok, dip*****

You keep on, though.

Keep on whining.
bam02
AG
How is what you've done on this thread any different? Gain some self-awareness.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
bam02 said:

How is what you've done on this thread any different? Gain some self-awareness.

You guys give way too much thought about Woke *****
JB!98
AG
4stringAg said:

Heck even Arnold's Conan movies had diverse casts:

Conan the Barbarian:
Arnold -- immigrant
Sandahl Bergman -- strong woman
Mako -- asian wizard type
3rd dude in Arnold's group was an asian guy
James Earl Jones -- Thulsa Doom

Conan the Destroyer:
Arnold
Olivia D'Abo -- hot white chick
Grace Jones -- androgenous black chick, strong as ****
Wilt the Stilt -- Bambaata, badass
Tracey Walter -- wormy white dude thief
Mako -- reprising asian wizard role
Sara Douglas -- hot wicked white queen

Oh my, what 13 year old me thought about her in that movie! Goodness.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
She was in Wonder Years, right?
Sea Speed
AG
Urban Ag said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Not to mention that Jesse the Body uses the six letter F word.
Did he? I feel like I could recite the entire script but I can't recall it.

Regardless, in 1987 is was still just a word. A very distasteful word, but still mostly just a word, not a figurative death sentence.

That word was in the movie old school so it was still benign much more recently.
PabloSerna
AG
Top 10 movie for me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.