Don't Ban Gas-stoves

14,319 Views | 259 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TChaney
Tex100
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Remember when houses had open gas heaters and no one was harmed? Call it for what it is, a bull**** way to eliminate oil and gas. Will do for everything including guns. A little here a little there.
lobopride
Shouldn't the onus be on the people that want to ban something from people's homes that they prove the stoves are bad?

Even then, what if I don't have kids? Am I still not allowed to have a gas stove?

This just feels like continued WEF/NWO nonsense.
Teslag
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Until college, I never cooked on an electric stove.

Gas is always superior

Induction heats faster, with more precision, and usually is more powerful in residential settings.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If the choice is between some percentage of kids maybe getting asthma or a greater percentage of people freezing or starving to death every winter because they can't cook or heat their home, then I lean towards the first option. Make people aware of the risk, but gas is superior in cost, reliability, performance, and for the environment.

Banning something for an alternative that is less reliable, worse for the environment, and more expensive seems ridiculous.
tycolab1@yahoo.com
Just a question for you. What are you going to do when your good lib buddies turn off the electric power due to the fact that it is generated by that evil, nasty fossil fuels? I guess you will have to pull out your solar powered cook stove and take fours to cook your tofu. You bash people whom you don't agree with about using a gas stove while fully enjoying using a electric stove that uses the same fossil fuel to generate the needed electricity that you require. Those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks and oh by the way, by doing what your doing you are you twice the amount of energy as everyone else. Have a great day!
jefe95
AG
This has nothing to do with whether gas or electric is better.

This is 100-% an attack on the oil/gas industry.

Ban gas vehicles. Ban gas powered lawn equipment. Ban nat gas cooktops.

All part of Greta's plan.
captkirk
AG
Teslag said:

Tanya 93 said:

Gas is always superior

Induction heats faster, with more precision, and usually is more powerful in residential settings.
Then you buy one. I'll stick with gas
Rockdoc
AG
Teslag said:

Tanya 93 said:

Gas is always superior

So you've moved from vaccine to Teslas to this? Really? What's next for you? State your opinion and quit preaching.
CDUB98
AG
jrdaustin said:

As I heard last night, even drinking water can be fatal. It's called drowning.

Actually, it's called hyponatremia from low sodium levels.
Smudge
AG
Teslag said:

Tanya 93 said:

Gas is always superior

Then let's have induction as an option in the marketplace. There. Solved it. Now people can choose for themselves. If it is that much better, then the market will naturally phase out electric and gas units and people will overwhelmingly want induction.

Oh, you want it forced down our throats? Wait, hold on. Why? You want to make us use induction even if we have a personal preference for other options? Well you can **** right off.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Tex100 said:

Remember when houses had open gas heaters and no one was harmed? Call it for what it is, a bull**** way to eliminate oil and gas. Will do for everything including guns. A little here a little there.
Dad grew up in a house with gas heaters and a gas oven. He had asthma so I need to know who to sue. Gotta be someone's else's fault, right?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
TexasRebel
AG
Distilled water tastes funny.

Also, natural gas makes great fuel for a still.
aggiebq03+
OP ever post here again?
Or just another successful troll job.
Saw first reply caught a ban.
Smudge
AG
My gas range identifies as induction.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
nortex97
AG

For the children, you monsters!
CDUB98
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

OP ever post here again?
Or just another successful troll job.
Saw first reply caught a ban.

OP is always a drive-by troll, and in this instance, actually hoped for harm on people using gas stoves, but STAFF lets "it" hang around.
CDUB98
AG
nortex97 said:

The lunacy of these people never ceases to astound me.
BQ78
AG
I can't help but thinking the timing of this announcement somehow coincides with the Biden-Penn news,
_mpaul
AG
Goodnight Irene said:

Funding

This research was supported in part by internal funds of RMI and in part by the National Cancer Institute (1U01CA242740-01).

https://rmi.org/about/

WHO WE ARE
RMI is an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit organization of experts across disciplines working to accelerate the clean energy transition and improve lives.

Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
13B
It's not about fossil fuels or saving children...it's all about driving Burger King out of business!!

Seriously though, what other made up catastrophe can "they" make up to limit our freedom of choice?
AgDad121619
AG
AggieCo2023 said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
no you didn't, you just accepted the stove stop that was already installed at your parents house
Sea Speed
AG
CDUB98 said:

nortex97 said:

This is satire
AggieCo2023
Never hoped for anyone to be harmed. If people want to breathe in gas fumes why is it Uncle Sam's job to stop them?
AggieCo2023
People think I'm trolling lol but I honestly am not in favor of bans. Make the public aware of the info and let adults make their own decisions. If people want to speed home without a seat belt to their asbestos insulated house, to cook on their gas stove, more power to em.
eric76
AG
Smudge said:

Manhattan said:

Nuclear Fusion/Sun/1AU/Solar Panel/Battery/Home Wiring/Induction/Pan/Food

Um, solar panels are not green or efficient. And your battery…

Low information voters.
I'd love to have solar panels, but for a different reason than most.

Whenever the power company is having problems, as is not uncommon around here, it would be nice (but expensive) to not be affected by them.

AggieCo2023
Honestly with the new tax credits + decreased utilities they're not too costly. Gotta have battery to run off grid though.
zoneag
AggieCo2023 said:

Honestly with the new tax credits + decreased utilities they're not too costly. Gotta have battery to run off grid though.

"With government intervention artificially lowering my cost at the expense of other taxpayers, they're totally affordable"

Tex100
AG
nortex97 said:

. Not

. Not real. Even says satire in the bio.
AggieCo2023
Yeah no sh*t. The government subsidizes stuff. You think you'd be paying $2.75 for gas and $3.00 for a cheeseburger without government subsidies?
Tex100
AG
eric76 said:

Smudge said:

Manhattan said:

Low information voters.

Whenever the power company is having problems, as is not uncommon around here, it would be nice (but expensive) to not be affected by them.

Do you think solar panels are a direct source of power for your home?
BadMoonRisin
AG
There is no link between gas stoves and asthma. Period.

It's "But but but...what about the children!" We've seen what these idiots do with The Science (tm) to get what they want going back to the late 60s with their New Ice Age/Global Cooling/Global Warming/Global Climate change nonsense and the cherry on top was the china virus.

Im tired of being lectured about science from people who havent taken a science class since 10th grade. Biology, and you know what they did to that one too...

You are being gaslit, again, so useful idiots can feel smart and politicians can take your money and energy sources.
Smudge
AG
eric76 said:

Smudge said:

Manhattan said:

Low information voters.

The redundancy goes the other way. You should be saying that you want to use solar most of the time, but in the common occurrence that solar wont power your home, you can pull from the grid. Then when your system is producing you can sell back to the grid. But you wont be using solar when the grid goes down except to power up to cook a meal or charge your phone, or do a load of laundry.

What you're desiring is stable, clean, and consistent power from nuclear.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
GoodBullShark
AG
Teslag said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Teslag said:

Sea Speed said:

Teslag said:

Those are fair. But could be solved with wider adoption. What about actually cooking?

Electric blows for cooking, but that is personal preference. Electric is much harder to dial in certain Temps imo, and when you get it too hot it doesn't cool down quickly unlike gas which is near instantaneous.

That's true for traditional electric, not induction. Induction is instantaneous like gas. It can also be dialed in to the degree. It's clear you have no idea what induction electric even is.
Whos moving goal posts now? Induction limits your cookware. Glass cooktops break. Basic thermodynamics say laundering heat energy through electricity is less efficient than using it directly. Excess natural gas production makes it cheap here. You can roast/toast with open flame in a way you can't without. Optionality / redundancy.

Electricity is great - but you're just being a ***** when badgering others to justify having preferences that don't mirror yours.

Gas transfers 38% of its energy to the food being cooked. Induction is around 80 to 90%. Induction uses magnets to induce heat in the pan itself, it's not transferred like gas or old electric. This is also why heating with induction is so much faster than gas.
Induction stove tops suck. My mother has them and cooking over there for the holidays I accidentally dropped a pan and cracked the damn thing. Additionally, you cant use cast iron on them. They suck!
Rapier108
Sea Speed said:

CDUB98 said:

nortex97 said:

This is satire
The best satire has just enough in it to be believable, especially regarding the wokesters..
richardag
AggieCo2023 said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/sustainability/energy/3806848-federal-agency-considering-ban-on-gas-stoves-report/amp/

I want to come out against this measure. While I and many of my left leaning friends have switched to clean electric stove tops years ago, if the freedom lovers want to continue breathing in carcinogenic and asthma causing poison with their families to own us libs the government should not stop them.
Thank you for your support, although it is not needed. You may like to read the article below for an explanation:
Gas vs. Electric Stoves: Which is really more efficient?
quote from the article:
  • The clear winner in the energy efficiency battle between gas and electric is gas. It takes about three times as much energy to produce and deliver electricity to your stove. According to the California Energy Commission, a gas stove will cost you less than half as much to operate (provided that you have an electronic ignition--not a pilot light).

Although the government's Energy Star program, which rates home appliances for energy efficiency, doesn't rate ranges, buying a gas stove and then following our energy-saving tips (see sidebar) can help you spend less each year. The final figure on your annual energy bill will depend on how much time you spend cooking on your stove, but energy company MGE asserts that you can expect to pay an average of $2.34 per month to run a gas range without a pilot light (based on a gas rate of $1 per therm, or 100,000 BTU), compared to $5.94 per month to run an electric range (based on an electric rate of $.14 per kilowatt hour).

Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.