is this a good shoot?

11,094 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ogre09
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you need an assistant when robbing a restaurant. haven't these kids seen pulp fiction?
stetson
AG
There's new Sheriffs in town...
FJB
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
tysker said:

you need an assistant when robbing a restaurant. haven't these kids seen pulp fiction?

Hunny Bunny was nuts. Now imagine she's Hispanic. That's a level of crazy you don't make an accomplice/accessory.
BrazosDog02
AG
I need some closure.

Anyone got the full video?
duffelpud
AG
"What's this button do?"
torrid
AG
Not a good shoot. A great shoot.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Never bring a fake gun to a real gun fight.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
bam02
AG
I would say it was more ideal than him not having a gun at all. There's always trade-offs.
CanyonAg77
AG
Here's a question for the Internet lawyers.

If you're that shooter, are you legally required to hang around and talk to the cops?

I can think of a lot of reasons, both legal and illegal that the shooter wants to avoid the cops.
Dimebag Darrell
CanyonAg77 said:

The expression on the face of the guy at the same booth as the shooter....
Like "really bro...I'm only half way through my migas".
Cromagnum
AG
wbt5845 said:

Ignore my post - I didn't see this one.

Yes, I think. He is pointing the "gun" at another customer when he is shot.

Hey Man, nice shot.
Cromagnum
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

He also looks to be aiming the weapon in the direction of the gentlemen in the corner with his hands raised...or that's what it looks like from the still. Cant tell without the rest of the footage.

Also, the fact that they even mention "he didnt even have a REAL gun!". What a lame excuse. The people didnt know that.

Same vibe as "it was just a prank, bro".

Kind of like the idiots that think every black tactical looking semiautomatic is a fully automatic assault weapon.
TxTarpon
Yeah, up until the shooter fled the scene.
CanyonAg77
AG
So there is now a news report up on the link in the OP. It says that the good guy shot the robber "multiple times", and shows the video below

Couple of bullet holes in the door. Gives me the idea that the first shot (where the surveillance video is halted) did not take the bad guy out, and that there were several more rounds required to end the perceived threat.
Get Off My Lawn
CanyonAg77 said:

So there is now a news report up on the link in the OP. It says that the good guy shot the robber "multiple times", and shows the video below

Couple of bullet holes in the door. Gives me the idea that the first shot (where the surveillance video is halted) did not take the bad guy out, and that there were several more rounds required to end the perceived threat.
Sad thing in this litigious society: can't let a wounded perp live. Dead men don't file a civil case and make lie to a jury about what really happened.
Cromagnum
AG
Could have went a few ways as we don't see the video. In training you are taught to shoot to neutralize the threat. If it's one round, great. If it's a full mag, just as good. Less is better of course as you are liable for each round that goes somewhere.

Robber likely fell and customer had to lower his aim ro keep shooting him and missed a couple times in the chaos.

Robber could have squeezed off a round or two himself as he was getting hit too.
CanyonAg77
AG
Cromagnum said:

Robber could have squeezed off a round or two himself as he was getting hit too.

Uhhhh, not likely
CharlieBrown17
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Cromagnum said:

Uhhhh, not likely

Shooting back with your BB gun is better than not at all I guess
Cromagnum
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Cromagnum said:

Uhhhh, not likely

I didn't mean a round or two that was going to do anything useful. If it was a BB gun he could have put a couple holes in that glass as he fell down and kept getting blasted. Lol
TxTarpon
Dang
UTExan
V8Aggie said:

No bueno if shot in the back leaving. If his back was turned but pointing gun at others then yes good shoot.

Either way if I'm on the jury he's getting a standing ovation from me.

How do we know he won't rob another store down the street, threatening them with his "facsimile" gun?
I call it a good shoot because a reasonable person would believe he is a continuing threat.
Of course, prosecutors may vary.
“If you’re going to have crime it should at least be organized crime”
-Havelock Vetinari
Big Al 1992
AG
From my original post I agree it was a good shoot, dude is a hero, and one less bad guy with the potential to hurt someone else at another time. If you can't defend yourself and others in this situation, then when could you? Hope it never sees a courtroom and discourages some other would be criminals.
TxTarpon
He fled the scene.
Police want to question him.

Oyster DuPree
AG
Lol, get rekt
Tom Doniphon
That dude looks like the type that lives in an RV park with no running water and uses an alias.
APHIS AG
According the to news, the "suspect" will not be charged but the police want to "question" him.

If I was the shooter, the police would have to find me for only a fool would trust any Democrat controlled city or anything they say.
eric76
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Here's a question for the Internet lawyers.

If you're that shooter, are you legally required to hang around and talk to the cops?

I can think of a lot of reasons, both legal and illegal that the shooter wants to avoid the cops.
I've wondered about that before.

It's clear that the shooting was justified and it seems perfectly natural to not want to hang around.
InfantryAg
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

"I heard him say he was going to kill me and I feared for my life"
not a legal requirement, for cops or non cops.
Ed Harley
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Robber comes in pointing what turns out to be toy gun at customers, turns his back and customer shoots him in the back dead. Perfect case of stupid games/stupid prizes but will hero get charged or is this legit?

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/taqueria-robbery-shooting-houston/285-5dceec19-9c07-444c-b211-4c584738e0fa

He should walk. **** that robber.
CyclingAg82
AG

Sid Farkas
AG
The Good Samaritan "dragged" the suspect after he shot him then redistributed the stolen money back to the customers.

Indeed a righteous kill, but what kind of a person doesn't render aid to the suspect he just shot?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sid Farkas said:

The Good Samaritan "dragged" the suspect after he shot him then redistributed the stolen money back to the customers.

Indeed a righteous kill, but what kind of a person doesn't render aid to the suspect he just shot?

Dumb
Bondag
AG
Guy wasn't leaving. He had a gun pointed at someone.

Fake gun or not it is a good kill. Can I volunteer for Jury Duty?
aggietony2010
AG
Full video, with audio.

He might have some legal issues with his very last shot. He puts a final bullet in the perp after securing the fake firearm. All the others are easily justified legally.
Eliminatus
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Full video, with audio.

He might have some legal issues with his very last shot. He puts a final bullet in the perp after securing the fake firearm. All the others are easily justified legally.

Oof. Yeah. Still 100% on his side but this is absolutely going to get sticky with his defense with the full video. Shoot to stop versus shoot to kill still applies here in Texas. No matter how much we may disagree with it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.