University of Idaho - 4 college students murdered

467,002 Views | 3565 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Guitarsoup
MsDoubleD81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think they just said he's not a suspect at this time?
Davato_11
MsDoubleD81 said:

I think they just said he's not a suspect at this time?
no cleared. He was in Bosie at the time of the murders
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wasn't that Jake Maddies bf?
Davato_11
MsDoubleD81 said:

Wasn't that Jake Maddies bf?
all bfs have been cleared.

hth
tk for tu juan
aggiehawg
AG
Tired. But still. They cannot find a personal connection. If they can't find one under these very restricted circumstances, what is left?

txaggie_08
AG
aggiehawg said:

Hope this is not a false alarm.

Quote:

A handprint can be seen next to an evidence tape on the window of the house where four University of Idaho students were murdered on Nov. 13.

The University of Idaho students, Ethan Chapin, 20; Xana Kernodle, 20; Madison Mogen, 21; and Kaylee Goncalves, 21, died after being stabbed to death between the hours of 3 and 4 a.m on Nov. 13. Police haven't yet arrested a suspect in relation to the murders.

Police say that the four victims were in various places throughout Moscow before returning to the King Road house by 1:56 a.m. Ethan and Xana were at a party at the Sigma Chi fraternity house on campus on the night of Nov. 12 and didn't return home until 1:45 a.m. on Nov. 13.

LINK

What do you mean? Anything at this point is going to be evidence. Hand/foot prints, hair, anything else left at the residence. The hard part for the police is going to be deciphering what's friend and what's foe. Since it's a party house, there are probably going to be quite a bit of innocent people's prints/dna at the home.
i is smart
AG
I came across this video and it gives you a better idea of the crime scene and surrounding areas. I went back a few pages and didn't see it posted here yet.

UhOhNoAgTag
Bigfoot Is Real said:

I came across this video and it gives you a better idea of the crime scene and surrounding areas. I went back a few pages and didn't see it posted here yet.

Kind of makes one wonder how a random person stumbled upon the house.
TRADUCTOR
aggiehawg said:

TRADUCTOR said:

That is a male handprint.
How do you know that?

Finger next to pinky is longer than finger on other side of the bird finger.
UhOhNoAgTag
That was Jake.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I remember seeing a Dateline on the ynobe Matthews one. I think the girl's boyfriend was wrongly suspected for a long time. Similar to the SMU coed in the 80s. Suspected a guy who had a crush on her. Ended up being an old dude who had just been released from prison.

Ag2Max
AG
If it's the story I remember I think the wrongly accused person was an Aggie. He was obviously cleared but went through hell and back while he was under investigation.
JFABNRGR
AG
Fox interview of several including Kaylee's parents who state wounds are different between Maddie and Kaylee and quite fired up about it. Says didnt have to go up extra stairs which I don't understand in the context of wounds different between these two in the same bed. Logically I can see one getting stabbed first with a fatal wound(s) that wakes up the second who endures multiples of wounds before dying. I really like them and the words he uses. Really sad for all the parents. Need to find this pos asap.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waltonloads08
AG
If they don't have a suspect by now, I don't see how we don't have a serial killer here. He may kill again shortly, maybe not for years. Hopefully I'm wrong and they have more than they are saying.
Truvada
Person who did this is long gone..I can't see some frat bros going a murder spree murdering 4 fellow classmates like this .
Captn_Ag05
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Fox interview of several including Kaylee's parents who state wounds are different between Maddie and Kaylee and quite fired up about it. Says didnt have to go up extra stairs which I don't understand in the context of wounds different between these two in the same bed. Logically I can see one getting stabbed first with a fatal wound(s) that wakes up the second who endures multiples of wounds before dying. I really like them and the words he uses. Really sad for all the parents. Need to find this pos asap.

I took the "he didn't have to go up the stairs" comment to mean that he feels that either E or X on the second floor was the intended target. Not sure what info he has to make him feel that way. It definitely feels like there is a divide among the families.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I found this podcast on YouTube. 3 retired detectives discussion.

aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

One of the four slain University of Idaho students had her father visit and fix a lock in the house the weekend before she and her friends were brutally murdered, her mother said in a new interview.
Xana Kernodle's father had visited and fixed a lock on the house during a visit the first week of November, her mom Cara Denise Northington told NewsNation Friday.

The distraught mother wasn't sure whether the updated lock was on the Moscow home's front door or on Kernodle's bedroom each of the six bedrooms has its own coded lock but was certain Kernodle's father had tinkered with one just before the quadruple murder.
Quote:

The locks may be a clue as to who the killer could be, Northington said.

"I think they knew them," Northington said of her daughter's killer. "I think they may have even been friends with them. I think it had to have been somebody close to them to have been able to get away with it like this."
LINK

So can anyone explain how these interior coded locks work?
one safe place
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

One of the four slain University of Idaho students had her father visit and fix a lock in the house the weekend before she and her friends were brutally murdered, her mother said in a new interview.
Xana Kernodle's father had visited and fixed a lock on the house during a visit the first week of November, her mom Cara Denise Northington told NewsNation Friday.

The distraught mother wasn't sure whether the updated lock was on the Moscow home's front door or on Kernodle's bedroom each of the six bedrooms has its own coded lock but was certain Kernodle's father had tinkered with one just before the quadruple murder.
Quote:

The locks may be a clue as to who the killer could be, Northington said.

"I think they knew them," Northington said of her daughter's killer. "I think they may have even been friends with them. I think it had to have been somebody close to them to have been able to get away with it like this."
LINK

So can anyone explain how these interior coded locks work?
They have a keypad on them with a four digit code. Press the code and it unlocks. I have only seen them used on exterior doors, have three of them on different properties. Very handy not to have to deal with keys or worry about locking keys inside, lost keys, etc.
Mark Fairchild
AG
He knew them well enough to know the house and surrounding areas. He is a neighbor, whether in one of the homes, apartments, or fraternity house. He knows lights that don't work, icy drives, steep hill, crunchy terrain. He had planned this for some time/premeditated.
That this guy found a glove on the perimeter by a trash can, blows my mind. Cinder block was very interesting. PERPETRATOR KNEW THEM WELL.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks. So they can be locked from inside the bedroom or outside of the bedroom when they leave?
fka ftc
aggiehawg said:

Thanks. So they can be locked from inside the bedroom or outside of the bedroom when they leave?
Usually manually from the interior then locked with touch of one of the buttons on exterior.

We have Level locks on our doors so we can use a key fob, key card or phone - like in a hotel.

No idea if these were self locking.
aggiehawg
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

He knew them well enough to know the house and surrounding areas. He is a neighbor, whether in one of the homes, apartments, or fraternity house. He knows lights that don't work, icy drives, steep hill, crunchy terrain. He had planned this for some time/premeditated.
That this guy found a glove on the perimeter by a trash can, blows my mind. Cinder block was very interesting. PERPETRATOR KNEW THEM WELL.
Or the perp is familiar wth the neighborhood because he works in the area. Pizza delivery, sattelite TV, plumber or the like.

Could even be someone who lives in Pullman and commutes into work in Moscow.

I don't think this was the work of a college aged student.
zgolfz85
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

I'm watching that video that was posted yesterday on the area and surrounding, this is where my mind goes too. That doesn't make me lean anymore towards serial killer or someone who knew one of them, but in either case, this was well thought out
Mark Fairchild
AG
Not sure about the age, but certain that he knew them or the layout well enough to know which room belonged to the two women. I also believe that Ethan was killed first. He had to make certain that Nathan could not come to the women's aid.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiehawg
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

Not sure about the age, but certain that he knew them or the layout well enough to know which room belonged to the two women. I also believe that Nathan was killed first. He had to make certain that Nathan could not come to the women's aid.
Ethan, not Nathan.
Valtrex_11
Who is Nathan?
one safe place
aggiehawg said:

The ones I have are for exterior doors, if you close the door and want to reenter from the outside you have to enter the four digit code or use a key that overrides the keypad lock system. The purpose of the keyed entry is in case the battery dies. Otherwise, you always use the code.

For interior doors, the inside part of the door knob looks like a regular door knob, twist and lock from the inside. They have some that autolock after some period of time, but I have never used them. When you leave the room (bedroom for example) you can lock the door with the keypad or with a key from the outside or let it autolock.

For interior doors, if you lock it from the inside, anyone that knows the code could enter the room. You would have to have a separate deadbolt to prevent that.
aggiehawg
AG
one safe place said:

aggiehawg said:

The ones I have are for exterior doors, if you close the door and want to reenter from the outside you have to enter the four digit code or use a key that overrides the keypad lock system. The purpose of the keyed entry is in case the battery dies. Otherwise, you always use the code.

For interior doors, the inside part of the door knob looks like a regular door knob, twist and lock from the inside. They have some that autolock after some period of time, but I have never used them. When you leave the room (bedroom for example) you can lock the door with the keypad or with a key from the outside or let it autolock.

For interior doors, if you lock it from the inside, anyone that knows the code could enter the room. You would have to have a separate deadbolt to prevent that.
Thanks. Since the girls two on each floor had one bathroom between them, autolocking would be problematical. To my Ol' Dame way of thinking.
tk for tu juan
Not a lot of new info in the below video, but it shows a side of the house I have not seen much of in photos/videos. When the reporter walks up the road on the east side of the house and turns around you can see the Sigma Chi house has a direct view of this house

tk for tu juan
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
We stayed at a VRBO that had the keyless lock on both front and back doors. While convenient, I could see that code getting out pretty easily to someone in the social circles which makes it pretty scary.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
HtownAg92
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Not a lot of new info in the below video, but it shows a side of the house I have not seen much of in photos/videos. When the reporter walks up the road on the east side of the house and turns around you can see the Sigma Chi house has a direct view of this house

Looks like the cameraman intentionally adjusted the view a couple of times to make sure EX was in the shot.
OldArmy71
AG
It took me a minute to realize what the EX was:

E=Sigma

X=Chi
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.