University of Idaho - 4 college students murdered

462,182 Views | 3565 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Guitarsoup
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Corn Pop
tk for tu juan
fka ftc said:

tk for tu juan said:

The interior coded locks wouldn't be a deadbolt like shown above, it would be a door handle with push buttons above the handle. They have a master code that overrides any code, and also usually have a keyhole to bypass using the buttons. Locks are also easy defeated if the person on the other side opens the door to check on a sound or footsteps coming down the stairs.
Typically referred to as cipher locks and come in about an infinite variety.

Not sure if has been brought up, but are the leases for each roommate individually? As in you rent the room and share a common area (Melrose Apartments had this setup 25 years ago when I was wrapping up).

Maybe the landlord used these instead of trying to keep up with keys?
Yes, I think that is the setup. One of the previous tenants mentioned he lived there with a mix of college students and professors.
tk for tu juan
That is why I usually avoid that place, but this thread slowed down and I had to wonder over
Sher Thing
AG
From what I've read, it seems to me like it's hoodie guy from the video. But apparently he's cleared.

Lived in the apartment next door. Knew the layout of house.
Pictures of him hunting with similar style knives on Instagram
Alibi is he drove 5 hours to Boise at 2am after a night of drinking?
Reportedly got thrown out of the bar earlier that night
Also reportedly got thrown out of the frat that Ethan was a member of.
tk for tu juan
According to the internet, the hoodie guy was in a different frat than Ethan. They say he was in DTD with Maddie's boyfriend (based on past images from the frat's IG).
Smeghead4761
Inca said:

Line Ate Member said:

Edit: nevermind, why would you have that kind of lock on an interior door?

If you are living in a 6 bedroom house that hosts lots of parties, I can certainly see having that kind of lock on your bedroom door.
I know in the two apartment complexes on A&M campus (White Creek and Park West) each bedroom has a lockable door, although they're just standard keys, not keypad locks. I would expect that most student-oriented rental housing is set up so all of the bedrooms can be locked.

This would especially be the case if the rooms are leased individually, vice the whole house.

And using keypad locks would definitely be a money and labor saver in the long run for the landlord, removing the need to change the whole lock (or have it rekeyed) whenever tenants move out. Just change the combo.
jt2hunt
AG
5 hr drive after drinking until 2 am?

Right….
AggielandPoultry
AG
Where is the Hoodie Guy video? I went back through this entire thread but never noticed it unless it is the one of the guy talking about his theories.... thanks..

NM: Found it on Google.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Supposedly he didn't drink. Also speculation he's now in Africa on doctor mission with parents.
TexasRebel
AG
jt2hunt said:

Right….

I do know firsthand that it is possible to do this.
degreedy
AG
TexasRebel said:

jt2hunt said:

Right….

Possible? Yes. Probable? Unlikely.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
we have those locks and they "lock" at a certain time after the door shuts. You can enter, re-enter, lock manually, and they lock automatically after 30 sec. <$100 on Amazon.
Gyles Marrett
NPH- said:

TexasRebel said:

jt2hunt said:

Right….

I once years ago got into a big argument with my best friend at a bar in Port Aransas on spring break after drinking all day and night. Left at 2 am and drove all the way back to College Station. Sometimes it's the drinking that makes something that seems entirely stupid to the sober seem reasonable at the time lol.
HtownAg92
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

NPH- said:

TexasRebel said:

jt2hunt said:

Right….

I once years ago got into a big argument with my best friend at a bar in Port Aransas on spring break after drinking all day and night. Left at 2 am and drove all the way back to College Station. Sometimes it's the drinking that makes something that seems entirely stupid to the sober seem reasonable at the time lol.
At 2 a.m. you probably could have found local lounge lizard to take you home. Sharkey's was a target-rich environment for such a rescue.
2ndGen87
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I remember seeing a Dateline on the ynobe Matthews one. I think the girl's boyfriend was wrongly suspected for a long time. Similar to the SMU coed in the 80s. Suspected a guy who had a crush on her. Ended up being an old dude who had just been released from prison.

Yeah and the victims best friend, a woman, hounded him and made his life miserable. She was dead wrong, became a private eye and got some award and acts like she solved the case.
2ndGen87
AG
Best 3 posts on this 20 page thread:

The Juan story. Juan was a card - bet you thought twice before calling him again, lol.

Hanging at the dry cleaners with Robert Durst

Motive for the crime: cell phone etiquette.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

NPH- said:

TexasRebel said:

jt2hunt said:

Right….

At 2 a.m. you probably could have found local lounge lizard to take you home. Sharkey's was a target-rich environment for such a rescue.
Targets at Sharkey's back in the day were just as likely to harvest your kidney and you would wake up in a bathtub of ice. At least if froze the crabs off.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
HtownAg92
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

HtownAg92 said:

Gyles Marrett said:

NPH- said:

TexasRebel said:

jt2hunt said:

Right….

Targets at Sharkey's back in the day were just as likely to harvest your kidney and you would wake up in a bathtub of ice. At least if froze the crabs off.
Getting "Bitten by the Shark" is a badge of honor.
tk for tu juan
Moscow PD about to begin collecting the personal belongings in the house and sending them to the families. Also a mention on Reddit that an additional behaviorist is being brought in (but it is Reddit, so grain of salt)

AggielandPoultry
AG
Hoping they find new evidence and make an arrest soon. This world sure seems to be headed down hill fast..
MsDoubleD81
AG
Fox News said in an update earlier today that a neighbor said the first floor front door was wide open at 8:30 am the morning bodies were discovered. The door on the floor where the surviving roommates were.
Aust Ag
AG
It's also being reported they are looking for a 2011-13 White Elantra that was in the area at that time.
torrid
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Moscow PD about to begin collecting the personal belongings in the house and sending them to the families. Also a mention on Reddit that an additional behaviorist is being brought in (but it is Reddit, so grain of salt)

What do you think will happen to the house? I can't imagine anyone wanting to rent it out, so it will be most likely torn down.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Just saw that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MoscowMurders/comments/zfgtu1/127_press_release_police_asking_for_help_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
BadMoonRisin
AG
a huge grain of salt. Those people mean well, but are very impulsive and consider themselves experts because they watch a lot of documentaries and listen to a lot of podcasts, so they are very in to the idea that they can actually provide information or ideas that might solve this a la "Dont f***k with Cats" style.

The more widespread the media coverage it is, the more crazies.

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
So amateur detectives, if they are putting makes and models out there, you think they have a decent thread they are pulling?

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Aust Ag
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

So amateur detectives, if they are putting makes and models out there, you think they have a decent thread they are pulling?
That was my first thought, then I was like, "If you really think this Elantra is key to the investigation, possibly the perp, why announce it?" Why not just keep looking for the damn car, there's got to be DMV records for a radius they can pull and then start narrowing it down from there...why give the perp the idea you're looking for that car (so they can ditch it, whatever).

But what do I know.
DallasAg 94
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

What do you think will happen to the house? I can't imagine anyone wanting to rent it out, so it will be most likely torn down.
Not enough Pro-Serve to clean that crime scene up. And selling the house intact risks later owners making some kind of macabre "musueum" crime scene out of it.

Tear it down is the only option. OJ didn't kill Nicole and Ron at Rockingham but that house was torn down by a new owner.
VaultingChemist
AG
Quote:

I formerly lived a block away from a house where a man murdered three members of his family. The house is still there and another family bought it and moved in.
Sea Speed
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

a huge grain of salt. Those people mean well, but are very impulsive and consider themselves experts because they watch a lot of documentaries and listen to a lot of podcasts, so they are very in to the idea that they can actually provide information or ideas that might solve this a la "Dont f***k with Cats" style.

The more widespread the media coverage it is, the more crazies.

Yep I've been saying it for a while now and referenced the same thing. The internet nerds will find something, run with it, try and ruin your life, then jump on the next bs after they are proven wrong, no matter the damage to the accused.
aggiehawg
AG
VaultingChemist said:

Quote:

I formerly lived a block away from a house where a man murdered three members of his family. The house is still there and another family bought it and moved in.
Were they told before purchase?

Back in the early 70s, we lived in a rental house wherein multiple people were murdered and didn't know for the first 8 months.
Not Coach Jimbo
jt2hunt said:

Right….

To make it stranger (to me at least) Why Boise? Spokane is much closer and a bigger draw. did he have a specific tie to boise?

The drive can be done in 4.5 hours, its not a terrible drive for the area (divided highway in some sections, not a ton of winding roads/bad grades).
Waltonloads08
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

AggielandPoultry said:

Hoping they find new evidence and make an arrest soon. This world sure seems to be headed down hill fast..
When you were friends with Mark Kilroy... the world never seems as bad as it was.

I also had a close friend in HS who hacked up a female classmate in the summer between our So and Jr year.

you can't leave this without the story. your close friend killed and hacked up a classmate at like 16 years old? what?
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.