The Japanese Are Not Going To Like This (Rape Of Nanking Evidence Surfaces)

5,304 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agracer
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

Irish 2.0 said:

This pawn shop owner claims he received a photo album with never-before-seen photos of the Japanese "Rape of Nanking" in WWII

Many in Japan will straight up deny that this ever happened. They've destroyed and burried every bit of evidence that they could on it.

Quote:

This man claims he has actual photos from the Rape of Nanking (strong content warning on the link), one of the most gruesome and brutal historical events ever where Japanese soldiers raped tens of thousands of Chinese women and took turns chopping off the heads of men for sport and threw them in mass graves.

Photos are rare, they were often destroyed, and many in Japan refuse to acknowledge the event and deny it ever happened.

That was Japan of 80 years ago, and it was despicable.

That is not the Japan of today.

Why must we beat a culture and a people down with a guilt stick for 100 years?
Excuse me?

The left and the Democrats are still beating Americans down with the guilt stick 400 years after slavery. They're even trying to convince us that white supremacists include Trump, his supporters and half of America when Actual white supremacists are so rare that most people have never even seen or known one except in the movies.

Hell these nut jobs are even pushing for reparations for people who were never slaves. Funny how they just managed to leave out the part that Africa willingly enslaved their own people for hundreds of years before that slave trade and willingly took part in it and benefited from it. Everyone involved in that was wrong, but you only ever hear about the evil white people.

In fact slavery, has been perpetrated by people of color at a much higher rate than whites.

The world and the United States was settled the way it was. That is history. If it was supposed to be settled any other way it would have been. Just constant push of racism from the left is so pathetic and way ridiculous at this point.

And this indoctrination they're trying to do with children that whites are evil and people of color are constant victims is bull*****

Every single country on the face of this earth has brutal errors in their time. It's just sad that we have so many people ignorant of history are being sold a false bill of sale and who was responsible.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
aTmAg
AG

Irish 2.0 said:

This pawn shop owner claims he received a photo album with never-before-seen photos of the Japanese "Rape of Nanking" in WWII

Many in Japan will straight up deny that this ever happened. They've destroyed and burried every bit of evidence that they could on it.

Quote:

This man claims he has actual photos from the Rape of Nanking (strong content warning on the link), one of the most gruesome and brutal historical events ever where Japanese soldiers raped tens of thousands of Chinese women and took turns chopping off the heads of men for sport and threw them in mass graves.

Photos are rare, they were often destroyed, and many in Japan refuse to acknowledge the event and deny it ever happened.

Because every freaking year those mofos bemoan the nukes that they 100% deserved. They act like WE raped them Nanking-style rather than save lives on both sides.

When they stop doing that, then I'll stop ragging on them about Nanking.
ballchain
titan
S

Correct. And the objecting to the atomic bombs began in American universities like Columbia first. Japanese of wartime just saw them as extensions of the fire-bombings.
ChipFTAC01
AG
UTExan said:

Iris Chang's book about The Rape of Nanking seemingly drove her to despair over the cruelty and inhumanity of it all. She committed suicide.

Sad, didn't know that. I took history of modern Japan at A&M, ironically taught by a Chinese guy. He was Um, not a fan. We read that book for class. Pretty sure it's got pictures in it. In fact, I probably need to move that one up a bit higher on the bookshelf.
agz win
AG
My mother was raped as a prisoner of war by the Japanese when they invaded Shanghai and my grandfather was tortured with a bayonet while forced to stand on a chair screwing a lightbulb in and out repeatedly. Think, Empire of the Sun, but my mother was Christian Bale.

Most of it was never disclosed in her lifetime.
aTmneal
AG
Frederick Palowaski said:

While they were doing this they were spreading propaganda about Americans being devils that would rape and devour Japanese women and children, which in turn led to things like the suicide cliff.

Crazy s***

Just for the record, a lot of our own soldiers weren't exactly helping this matter. A few of these pics made the rounds in Japan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead
CanyonAg77
AG
Mutilating the already dead is not the same as intentional murder, rape, torture. And a lot of that depravity was a response to what the Japanese had done to American prisoners.
NE PA Ag
akm91 said:

CDUB98 said:

I've had a couple of Chinese coworkers open up a little during conversation and they absolutely HATE the Japanese for the atrocities committed during WWII.
My dad for the longest time would not buy anything that was Japanese.

Fast forward a few years and that was my dad about the Chinese and his admiration for Japanese people. He was stationed in Japan during the occupation, living with a Japanese family. Then he fought the Chinese in Korea.
Smeghead4761
titan said:

Correct. And the objecting to the atomic bombs began in American universities like Columbia first. Japanese of wartime just saw them as extensions of the fire-bombings.
The Atomic Diplomacy school of thought - that America knew Japan was ready to surrender, and dropped the bombs to intimidate the USSR - did come from American academia (solidly leftist, if not full out Communist. Fellow travelers and useful idiots, for sure). It took root largely unopposed mostly because the documents (largely ULTRA/MAGIC intercepts and resulting intelligence documents) remained classified, and thus unaccessible to historians, until the late 90s.

So, for roughly four decades, people who were involved in gathering and analyzing the intel, and making the decisions, could only say "You're wrong. I was there." but couldn't offer any proof to back up their statements, because the proof was classified.

Even after the relevant documents were declassified, and resulting historical scholarship began to show that Atomic Diplomacy was wrong, many, if not most, of it's adherents continued to hold to it, probably because it fit with their worldview of American as the aggressor/oppressor, with non-white people as the victims. And it's really, really difficult to use facts to persuade someone that they're wrong when they've invested emotional capital in their position, and exponentially more so when they derive a sense of moral superiority from that position.

For the best books on the decision to drop the bombs see:

Downfall by Richard Frank (look, there he is again!)

The Most Controversial Decision by Wilson Miscamble
LMCane
Irish 2.0 said:

Quote:

There have been numerous books with evidence discussing the events in Nanking.

it's not like there has been a cover up in the West.

there were actual Tokyo War Crimes Trials!

LMCane
doubledog
Irish 2.0 said:

Quote:

There have been photos of the Nanking massacres floating around the media since the late 1930's.
They did change Japan's resolve to forget the incident, why would these?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_Massacre
JamesPShelley

Irish 2.0 said:

Quote:

I wouldn't exactly call affirmative action a guilt stick.
nai06
AG
he posted a few of the photos on twitter. I won't link it here, but they are out there now.
sleepybeagle
AG

Irish 2.0 said:

Quote:

Very good point. Japan is a different country today. You shouldn't rub peoples noses in the past that they had no part in.

But they are still very "racist" today. Do you know what is thought of a boy "hafu" who is born to a Japanese man and non-Japanese woman? If your a pretty hafu girl, that will be excused, but a boy is often not accepted in their culture.

It is important to understand history... so that we don't let it happen again.
Irish 2.0
They have signs in Japan that say "No round eyes". The Japanese are *******s. I refuse to work with them without very explicit and well defined contracts. I tried working with my largest customer's distributor there and I got fed up and told them I won't be a point of contact for them anymore nor will I respond to their emails. Now the Japanese POs come from their Philippines distributor and they sell it to the Japanese.

My SIL is 1/2 Japanese and she doesn't even like her family there.
Gunny456
AG
Gunny456
AG
This.
Gunny456
AG
This. My dads brother was a survivor of the Bataan Death March. I worked with him every summer for 6 years. The stories he told of the brutality of the Japanese was horrific.
Eliminatus
AG
Gunny456 said:

This. My dads brother was a survivor of the Bataan Death March. I worked with him every summer for 6 years. The stories he told of the brutality of the Japanese was horrific.

Great uncle as well. He never spoke about it and I didn't even know until after he passed when I was a young kid and it was finally explained to me while his hands and fingers were all misshapen and his fingernails were permanently black. Very soft spoken man whom I did not know that well but I will never forget his hands.
OldArmy71
AG
Agree, both are excellent books.
agracer
AG
aTmneal said:

Frederick Palowaski said:

While they were doing this they were spreading propaganda about Americans being devils that would rape and devour Japanese women and children, which in turn led to things like the suicide cliff.

Crazy s***

Just for the record, a lot of our own soldiers weren't exactly helping this matter. A few of these pics made the rounds in Japan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_mutilation_of_Japanese_war_dead
Read some history. The soldiers that did this were driven to despair over finding fellow soldiers mutilated and obviously tortured after being captured by the Japanese. They watched Japs surrender with grenades hidden in their clothing that they set off as soon as the Americans came close. You know the Japs used to capture Americans, torture them and then cut off their ***** and shove it in their mouths. A lot of American's were found dead like that during the pacific island campaign.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.