Brazil: okays murdering motorcycle gangs

18,062 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TxTarpon
titan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Its probably not as simple as riding a motorcyle.

The gangs may have certain livery or markings. You are looking through security video and cams from a considerable distance. Those involved in the clashes are seeing in clear color and close. They may know what they are seeing.
FJB
AG
Street justice
tk111
AG
4stringAg said:

The motorcyclists are nuts down there. I've been to Sao Paulo a few times and it is insane how they weave in and out of traffic. Surprised more aren't killed just in accidents. Now it appears to be open season. They HATE them down there.
You haven't been to many places outside the U.S. have you?
BrownDeerAggie
AG
4stringAg, I have spent a good bit of time around Sao Paulo doing mission work. The Portuguese term I occasionally heard for motorcyclists is "The Little Yapping Dogs of Traffic." On a typical day, 10-12 motorcyclists die in Sao Paulo traffic...most take themselves out by going 100 mph riding on the white strip between cars on the freeway. They fly between the cars and miss you by a few inches. They either clip someone's side mirror or a car changes lanes when the motorcycle is in their blind spot. It is common to see the wreckage just pushed to the side of the freeway and the body lying there waiting on the wagon to pick up the dead. It is quite shocking how little life is valued down there. Crime is a whole different level in Rio and Sao Paulo. Get away from the big cities and Brazil is an amazing country with some of the friendliest people you will ever meet.
Psalm 42:1
AGinHI
AG
agracer said:

AGinHI said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Wow.

I'm all for standing up and defending yourself. But some of those look like outright murder of someone for the "crime" of riding a motorcycle.

Again, if you are being attacked, sure, run them down or shoot back.

But an earlier clip seems like a car just waiting for a bike to hit, and the last one, no way the car driver knew a crime had happened.

I wonder if some of these are gang vs. gang violence
It's troubling to me that real interpersonal violence, regardless of whether the victims are criminals, is becoming entertainment, even though, to some extent, it has existed throughout history in the form of public executions.

It just seems that we are rapidly devaluing life and I can't imagine the effect it will have on our spirit.

That being said,

give me your worst...

60-million unborn children would like to say hello.
Of course. I believe it is Mother Teresa who said something to the effect of "if we devalue life in the womb, we will come to devalue life outside of the womb," of which nothing compares to abortion.

But, there can be more than 1 factor contributing to devaluing of life of which I question the rise in social media depicting violence as entertainment.

It's not like that is an unusual, or even original, thought - see Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.
BaileyAg
AG
Dayum
Slicer97
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I semi regularly watch a channel called Active Self Protection. You would be shocked at the number of "moto-robbers" Basically two dudes on a motorcycle robbing people comes up on that channel. Evidently in that part of the world if you see two dudes on a bike (especially after dark) you can assume they are up to no good.
Anytime in any part of the world you see two dudes on a bike, you can assume they're up to no good. They're either about to commit armed robbery or spread monkeypox.
4stringAg
AG
tk111 said:

4stringAg said:

The motorcyclists are nuts down there. I've been to Sao Paulo a few times and it is insane how they weave in and out of traffic. Surprised more aren't killed just in accidents. Now it appears to be open season. They HATE them down there.
You haven't been to many places outside the U.S. have you?
Actually I have been but not many places where they ride a ton of cycles. Lot of bikes in Europe downtown areas and I've almost gotten run over several times in Amsterdam.

But never been to Asia but I've seen the vids of the scooters and stuff there.
BoDog
AG
Watched it five times and it keeps getting better each time. So awesome! Especially that last video.
AlaskanAg99
AG
mm98
AG
that broken leg...ouch
CanyonAg77
AG
AGinHI said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Wow.

I'm all for standing up and defending yourself. But some of those look like outright murder of someone for the "crime" of riding a motorcycle.

But an earlier clip seems like a car just waiting for a bike to hit, and the last one, no way the car driver knew a crime had happened.

It's troubling to me that real interpersonal violence, regardless of whether the victims are criminals, is becoming entertainment, even though, to some extent, it has existed throughout history in the form of public executions.

It just seems that we are rapidly devaluing life and I can't imagine the effect it will have on our spirit.

That being said,

give me your worst...

One of the things I hate about the violence and lack of punishment infecting this country is the damage to my attitude.

I used to care, and didn't want cruel and unusual punishment on criminals. Just arrest and incarceration.

But since our "justice system" has gone 'catch and release', I find myself smiling at videos like this. If the police won't take you off the streets, I don't care anymore if vigilantes and Darwin take you out of the gene pool.
OaklandAg06
AG
Pretty crazy video. In certain countries, such as Brazil, two guys on a motorcycle means one thing 99% of the time. Seems the majority of the population in Brazil knows that two dudes tooling around on a motorcycle are probably up to no good. It is crazy how fast all of those incidents go down, from the motorcycle baddies pulling up to them getting smoked by a car- matter of seconds.
The Dirty Sock
brush guard + truck + Summer vacation?
Slicer97
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

AGinHI said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Wow.

That being said,

give me your worst...

One of the things I hate about the violence and lack of punishment infecting this country is the damage to my attitude.

I used to care, and didn't want cruel and unusual punishment on criminals. Just arrest and incarceration.

But since our "justice system" has gone 'catch and release', I find myself smiling at videos like this. If the police won't take you off the streets, I don't care anymore if vigilantes and Darwin take you out of the gene pool.

The most effective measure to quell violence is to meet it with greater violence. "Violence never solved anything" is the pipe dream of fools.
Aggie4Life02
AG
The last one was the best!
AgBQ-00
AG
mm98 said:

that broken leg...ouch
That was the only one that turned my stomach some.
aggie93
AG
I would think a Ranch Hand on an F-250 would scare the crap out of any motorcycle rider down there.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
milner79
New business opportunity in Rio ...
CanyonAg77
AG
Slicer97 said:

The most effective measure to quell violence is to meet it with greater violence. "Violence never solved anything" is the pipe dream of fools.

The local First Christian Church has had that slogan out front for a while. I would love to post signs saying that Tojo and Hitler disagree.
An L of an Ag
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Slicer97 said:

The local First Christian Church has had that slogan out front for a while. I would love to post signs saying that Tojo and Hitler disagree.
"You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in YOU." - Trotsky
Tom Doniphon
I didn't see any that didn't earn it...
CDUB98
AG
Having said my peace to the hater, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Crime is a giant problem problem in Brazil and before the current president, the people were pretty handicapped in their defense.

This is people flat showing they're done with crime. They're done being the victim. The government just gave the people a hunting license. They refuse to be the victims anymore.

Good on them.
agracer
AG
AGinHI said:

agracer said:

AGinHI said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Wow.

That being said,

give me your worst...

60-million unborn children would like to say hello.
Of course. I believe it is Mother Teresa who said something to the effect of "if we devalue life in the womb, we will come to devalue life outside of the womb," of which nothing compares to abortion.

But, there can be more than 1 factor contributing to devaluing of life of which I question the rise in social media depicting violence as entertainment.

It's not like that is an unusual, or even original, thought - see Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Running Man.

Life has always been of low value to almost all societies throughout history. I mean Europe from the Middle Ages would like to say hello!
Alte Schule
Rod Serling voice: Imagine, if you will, a country where a large part of the population drive F Series Pickups and bandit motorcycle gangs terrorize the population. Then Imagine.....well just imagine.
captkirk
AG
Car beats motorcycle every time
BCG Disciple
AG
Has anyone double checked what the purported law actually is in the op? Because I'm not sure op is accurate. I'm guessing it's just a video of entertaining self defense type defenses and not an official policy.
BigDawg87
AG
Mass x Velocity = RoW
What we do in life echoes in eternity.
JB!98
AG
I was already a fan of their waxing techniques and now a fan of their brand of justice.
JaxDad
AG
AgBQ-00
AG
JaxDad said:

Live action Carmegeddon?
JaxDad
AG
Its from a movie called Death Race 2000. It was made in the 70s about a future where there is a TV show about cars racing across the country and they score points for every kill.
YouBet
AG
Literally Grand Theft Auto brought to life!
agent-maroon
AG
JaxDad said:

Its from a movie called Death Race 2000. It was made in the 70s about a future where there is a TV show about cars racing across the country and they score points for every kill.
Cult favorite of me and my high school buds!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
annie88
AG
Quote:

who rob & kill citizens
This is basically the Democratic Party.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.