Army recruiting down 23%

5,957 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dead
PCC_80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

They've also dropped HS diploma or GED requirement.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-army-recruitment-down#toggle-gdpr
I am going to guess that they are also overlooking testing positive for drugs, felony arrests and gang affiliation or most anything else that would have kept you out just a couple of years ago.

So much for a professional, educated, intelligent, well trained and disciplined fighting force. I am guessing that almost no one is renewing their commitments if they have any options at all outside the military.
sharpdressedman
I would not serve in today's military environment, nor would I encourage my son or daughter if I had been blessed with either.
The Kraken
AG
How about the other branches? I imagine the Air Force can be pickier in who they accept.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
No Spin Ag
ballchain said:

Wait until they start drafting and you have a military full of mentally ill gamers complaining because they aren't being fed tendies and have to wake up before 3pm.

We did it to ourselves

Every problem with the current youth generation can be traced back to their parents.

We've seen how generation Z won't work at McDonald's, so it's no surprise they're not going into the military as well. If they can't handle going to a job that any 3rd world child would see as a blessing, there's no way they'd go into the military where mommy and daddy can't torpedo them out of problems.

So yes, we did it to ourselves.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Marcus Brutus
New World Ag said:

How about the other branches? I imagine the Air Force can be pickier in who they accept.

seems they are using Army to mean Military:

"Pentagon leaders announced that ongoing military recruitment is down 23% off their annual target."
strbrst777
Go Coast Guard. Semper Paratus (Always Ready)
HollywoodBQ
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Can you imagine what the ****ty woke reboot of "Stripes" is gonna look like?!?
Can't imagine what the mud wrestling scene is going to look like.
P.U.T.U
AG
History repeats itself, whenever this happens we get in a conflict we are not prepared for. On top of that we are shipping billions of dollars of weapon systems to another country. Don't think Sun Tzu had that in his book
BQ78
AG
Still have to get to the recession part but it's coming.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
ballchain said:

Wait until they start drafting and you have a military full of mentally ill gamers complaining because they aren't being fed tendies and have to wake up before 3pm.

We did it to ourselves
Uhhh. According to my buddies still in that is what it is now.
Owlagdad
Would hate to be the LT in charge of a range with those fools qualifying.
LMCane
Marcus Brutus said:

I see no potential issues with ignorant and uneducated 18 year olds in charge of millions of dollars worth of munitions...
Marcus Brutus
LMCane said:

Marcus Brutus said:

I see no potential issues with ignorant and uneducated 18 year olds in charge of millions of dollars worth of munitions...

Hey, it worked for the Taliban after FJB abandoned Astan leaving behind billions of dollars in arms.
BboroAg
AG
It is almost like our leaders have sold "we the people" out….but that is just a conspiracy theory
CanyonAg77
AG
I had an Aggie classmate, who was the LT in charge of a platoon of ambulance drivers in the late 70s, before the Army sent him to law school.

He said if a soldier was too stupid to be in the infantry, they made them ambulance drivers
TxTarpon
An L of an Ag said:

Can you imagine what the ****ty woke reboot of "Stripes" is gonna look like?!?

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Get Off My Lawn
Well - it helped to purge conservatives, so there's that...
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

That's well done…
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
94chem
My adopted Ukrainian son is about 6'1", 205 lbs, and could probably hold his own in a cage against everybody on this thread at the same time. He got his diploma last year, and tried to get into the Marines, or any branch that would take him. His problem was the ASVAB. Being a non-native English speaker, plus whatever other reading deficiency he may have from years of orphanage neglect, he just couldn't get the score on that test. This is a kid who passed his STAAR tests and met all his HS graduation requirements, and knew he needed a few years of military discipline, but they wouldn't take him, or even make any effort to help him pass the ASVAB.
BigRobSA
94chem said:

My adopted Ukrainian son is about 6'1", 205 lbs, and could probably hold his own in a cage against everybody on this thread at the same time. He got his diploma last year, and tried to get into the Marines, or any branch that would take him. His problem was the ASVAB. Being a non-native English speaker, plus whatever other reading deficiency he may have from years of orphanage neglect, he just couldn't get the score on that test. This is a kid who passed his STAAR tests and met all his HS graduation requirements, and knew he needed a few years of military discipline, but they wouldn't take him, or even make any effort to help him pass the ASVAB.

6'1" and 205? I 'member 8th grade.

My stepson was gonna go AF. Did the ASVAB, etc. Then they just dropped the ball. So he was gonna go Army. Same **** AND they wouldn't forego the pre-therapeutic shotz since he had Delta already.

He's now going to work and do college.
APHIS AG
strbrst777 said:

Go Coast Guard. Semper Paratus (Always Ready)
Especially when the new "Commandant" stressed that her top mission was "equality".
dead
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.