Is anyone else on this board a breeder?

8,490 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teslag
The Debt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In response to Dobbs and with the number of threads regarding vasectomies and requests to tie the tubes, I'm curious about this take on the PB. This matters to the interstate commerce clause, if that helps.

Wife and I are on #5. Looking toward double digits.

Anyone else doing the Lord's work?
CDUB98
AG
dear book of face
javajaws
AG
OP username checks out
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Bird Poo
AG
I have 6
Artorias
AG
I wanted 4, but after 3 wife told me to give the old doc a call.

Now that we have 3 and no more, she is telling me she thinks it probably would have been easier if we had 4. 3 is an odd number. We know several friends with 4, and the consensus is that 4 was easier than 3.

Oh well.
TheEternalPessimist
The Debt said:

My wife and I are jealous. We have 3.

Wish we had 10.

It's part of how we win.

Have as many as God will give you brother.

Blessings.
TheEternalPessimist
Bird Poo said:

I have 6
Heck yah!
747Ag
AG
Have 9. Raising 8. Lost 1.
Artorias
AG
747Ag said:

Have 9. Raising 8. Lost 1.
Ugh, sorry to hear about the loss.
evestor1
Artorias said:

I wanted 4, but after 3 wife told me to give the old doc a call.

Now that we have 3 and no more, she is telling me she thinks it probably would have been easier if we had 4. 3 is an odd number. We know several friends with 4, and the consensus is that 4 was easier than 3.

Oh well.
Only a loser moran would say that. Each kid makes life exponetially harder!

We have four kids - without a miscarraige we would have had 4 kids in less than 5 years instead of 4 in 6 years.

Yikes - the only one that I feel like was easier was the second one. Two kids felt great. Three hurt. Four made me gain 10 pounds via stress of loud noises!

OrdAg89
AG
6 here!! All girls no less.
BCG Disciple
AG
I support all of you good people. Better men/women than me with my pidly 2.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Artorias said:

Now that we have 3 and no more, she is telling me she thinks it probably would have been easier if we had 4. 3 is an odd number. We know several friends with 4, and the consensus is that 4 was easier than 3

We have 3 now. I cannot fathom how 4 is easier. As in they pair up and play/watch out for each other better?
1872walker
I suppose a title of "Any other Catholics here?" would have been sufficient.
Artorias
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Artorias said:

Now that we have 3 and no more, she is telling me she thinks it probably would have been easier if we had 4. 3 is an odd number. We know several friends with 4, and the consensus is that 4 was easier than 3

We have 3 now. I cannot fathom how is 4 easier. As in they pair up and play/watch out for each other better?
Yeah, that is alot of it. With our 3, what ends up happening is 2 will pair up to do something, and the third ends up being left out. It is usually the middle kid will either do something with the oldest or the youngest. There is enough of an age gap between oldest/youngest, that they don't really do too much together.

Going from 1 to 2 wasn't bad. Going from 2 to 3 was a game changer. With 2, we could play man on man defense. With 3, we had to switch to zone, and can't give 1 on 1 attention all the time.
Furlock Bones
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Artorias said:

We have 3 now. I cannot fathom how is 4 easier. As in they pair up and play/watch out for each other better?
multiple studies show 3 kids is the most stressful. at 4 it starts to drop for a variety of factors.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
4 girls for me. All Aggies. Three done, youngest just finished first year.

We always told them we didn't care where they went to college, but we were only paying for aTm!

I kept trying for a boy. I am the fourth generation with the name Russell and was looking very much to continuing. Divorced 8 years now and unless I loose my mind later in life I guess it ends with me.
I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.
Clob94
Pretty sure there's a village in eastern Hungary full of my kids.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
sounds like we have a lot of mormons on this board.

i kid

have two and that's enough but i do practice trying to have more kids as much as possible, does that count?
BenFiasco14
AG
Look at me, I have a wife and kids ….

On a serious note, congrats on the sex
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
1990Hullaballoo
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

sounds like we have a lot of mormons on this board.

i kid

have two and that's enough but i do practice trying to have more kids as much as possible, does that count?
I taught school for 20 years. Saw how many of the "bad" ones there were out there and decided I would add as many "good" ones I could into the mix!

Edit to add: not mormon.
I’ve seen them play since way back when,
And they’ve always had the grit;
I’ve seen ‘em lose and I’ve seen ‘em win,
But I’ve never seen ‘em quit.
Win At Life
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

The Debt said:

Wish we had 10.

It's part of how we win.

Blessings.

Username fail.
Athanasius
AG
4 bio
1 adopted
1 fostered
8 miscarriages
evestor1
Furlock Bones said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Artorias said:

multiple studies show 3 kids is the most stressful. at 4 it starts to drop for a variety of factors.
Those multiple studies were done by people with 3 kids.
DBird
Only if you mean German Shepherds....
Rattler12
OrdAg89 said:

We had a county commissioner back home that had 6 girls.......he said the only way he kept his sanity as the girls grew into "womanhood" was that they all including wife got on the same cycle so he only had to put up with it 6 days out of the month in lieu of every day of the month
FrioAg 00
AG
Have 4 (two bio, two via adoption)

Each one got exponentially harder, which is sort of mathematically predictable when you watch siblings interact and consider the way relationships add up
747Ag
AG
Athanasius said:

4 bio
1 adopted
1 fostered
8 miscarriages
Dang. 8 miscarriages. Rough stuff.
dannyv
AG
Four here. Three boys (1, 3, and 4) and a girl. I tend to agree that four has been easier than three would have been because #s 1 and 2 are so close, and it seems that 3 and 4 will be (4 is only a year old right now). Also, #4 definitely brought the average difficulty down because he has been by far the easiest through the first year. He is a money pit like the rest of them, though...not much you can do about that.
gggmann
AG
3 that i know of
Star Wars Memes Only
lb3
AG
The Debt said:

If you don't own a Sprinter van yet, you may want to start looking into one ASAP.

My college roommate's family could play themselves in basketball and still have enough leftover for a waterboy.
Buck Turgidson
TheEternalPessimist said:

The Debt said:

Wish we had 10.

It's part of how we win.

Blessings.
We waited until midnight on the biological clock and had three in two years. That's all we are getting, but now that they are older, I kinda wish we started earlier so we could have one or two more.
zag213004
AG
We went with the ol "try for a 3rd and got 3 AND 4". 4 is NOT easier than 3. I'm in the middle of it (1yr olds) and it's by far the most stressful... Especially coupling that with a 4 and 6 yr old.

No more
Get Off My Lawn
OrdAg89 said:

Wow. I stopped at 4 daughters. At some point God has given you enough evidence to realize that in YOUR case it ain't a 50/50 shot...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.