Dick's Sporting Goods?? WTFT??

10,642 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Trajan88
Prexys Moon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-soars-after-ceo-says-help-will-be-provided-for-those-needing-to-travel-for-legal-abortions-2022-06-24

Quote:

"In response to today's ruling, we are announcing that if a state one of our teammates lives in restricts access to abortion, DICK's Sporting Goods will provide up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available," Hobart said in a LinkedIn message.
4K per employee who wants to kill their baby? What does this have to do with anything?
Fightin2010
AG
Wow, literally paying people to kill their babies.
Ag87H2O
AG
Another good reason not to shop at Dick's.
Good Poster
AG
I no longer shop at Dick's Sporting Goods as of this second
DrEvazanPhD
Retailer's name checks out
Paradise Ag
AG

Can I just get $2500 for killing a puppy?

I'd like to ease into the baby killing if possible.

TIA.
infinity ag
Ag87H2O said:

Another good reason not to shop at Dick's.

Hmm I bought 2 pairs of tennis shoes from them recently. About $150. Should I return them? Gently used.
Burpelson
Look like Dicks is using state rights argument
javajaws
AG
Sounds like Dick's trying to clean up after Dick's sporting.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
4stringAg
AG
Just shows you how far left the institutions in this country have gone.
Dallasag517
AG
dick's came off my places to shop when they weighed in on the 2d ammendment.

there are a number of corporations that have announced similar policies.
LMCane
Prexys Moon said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-soars-after-ceo-says-help-will-be-provided-for-those-needing-to-travel-for-legal-abortions-2022-06-24

Quote:

"In response to today's ruling, we are announcing that if a state one of our teammates lives in restricts access to abortion, DICK's Sporting Goods will provide up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available," Hobart said in a LinkedIn message.
4K per employee who wants to kill their baby? What does this have to do with anything?
Disney joins the abortion train

fine with me- if they want to waste money on sending women to leftist states.

oh well.
Cyprian
AG
Murder for $$

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
If I worked there, I'd want up to $4,000 per year in travel expenses each year I don't have to have an abortion.
waitwhat?
Everyone should put this in perspective: Dick's will save much more than $4k by having an employee abort her baby than paying for the pregnancy and maternal leave and then having the child on insurance.

Dick's is being a real dick in hiding their true motive here. But pro-abortionists will eat it up.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
TexasRebel
AG
Won't sell guns because someone used one to kill children.

…will sell travel to kill children.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
JPMorgan Chase is going to do this as well
HoustonAg2106
AG
Employees should just lie about being pregnant and take the 4k and free trip to Colorado and when you come back they would never know you were never pregnant.
policywonk98
AG
All pro-life employees of Dicks and all these other companies should DEMAND, the same amount of money for them choosing not to kill their children.
Silvertaps
AG
Always blows my mind when a company gets political like this. The sporting goods market is saturated, why would you push customers away? You exist to make money, not play lobbyist!
TxTarpon
Prexys Moon said:

Quote:

They hardly pay their people $4k for part time work.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
country
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

If I worked there, I'd want up to $4,000 per year in travel expenses each year I don't have to have an abortion.

Brings up a good point. Are policies like this equal opportunity?
AggieKatie2
AG
Accomplice to murder if someone uses the money to get abortion in a state where illegal?

Surprised this got passed legal
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Emotional decision makers in business won't last long.
It is so easy to be wrong—and to persist in being wrong—when the costs of being wrong are paid by others.
Thomas Sowell
amercer
AG
policywonk98 said:

All pro-life employees of Dicks and all these other companies should DEMAND, the same amount of money for them choosing not to kill their children.

As noted above, having the baby probably costs the company 50k.
TexasRebel
AG
country said:

A Net Full of Jello said:

Brings up a good point. Are policies like this equal opportunity?

No. They aren't.

Currently if you're married, but your spouse has their own insurance, companies will refund (part of) what they aren't paying for your spouse.
If you're single, nope.
Old Buffalo
AG
ACADEMY SHAREHOLDERS UNITE!!!!!
“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
waitwhat?
HoustonAg2106 said:

Employees should just lie about being pregnant and take the 4k and free trip to Colorado and when you come back they would never know you were never pregnant.

F***ing genius. I completely support this. Put these businesses in a position where they have to invade a woman's privacy to verify they aren't getting ripped off.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
DallasAg 94
LOYAL AG
AG
That's going to be a taxable bonus which is really going to piss them off.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
States need to make it illegal to travel to get an abortion in another state. Just like the laws that punish perverts that travel to other countries to Molest kids. I want all leftists out of my state.
Showertime at the Bidens
Fightin2010 said:

Wow, literally paying people to kill their babies.

Pregnancies are expensive for businesses. This was not an altruistic move.

XXXVII
Good Poster said:

I no longer shop at Dick's Sporting Goods as of this second

Man, where have you been? Dicks has long been a leftist run, virtue signaling company that I've not shopped at.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Pookers
AG
CM Trump Voter said:

States need to make it illegal to travel to get an abortion in another state. Just like the laws that punish perverts that travel to other countries to Molest kids. I want all leftists out of my state.
Another thing to do would be to make it illegal for companies to provide benefits like Dicks is doing.
Quito
AG
Scheels is kicking their ass in Kansas City.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.