Dick's Sporting Goods?? WTFT??

10,690 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Trajan88
BigRobSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They should hire less whoors. Have they tried that?
Pinche Guero
AG
It's cheaper than maternity leave
Red Dane
I was just killing time walking around a local mall area and decided to see what they had on sale. I mostly have avoided them after their anti gun grandstanding - don't care that they don't sell them, but get on a soapbox and talk down to me about it in some elitist letter as though being a CEO makes your ethics superior and that does turn me off. Anyhow, walked in and first thing saw a large pride clothing display front and center. Just did a u-turn out of there. I'll take my sermons at church. This pro choice grandstanding is more of the same and I won't ever burn time there again. Congratulations on your stock bump. Most like their cash coming from operations rather than from finance, but there is more than one way to run a business I suppose.
No Spin Ag
LMCane said:

Prexys Moon said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-soars-after-ceo-says-help-will-be-provided-for-those-needing-to-travel-for-legal-abortions-2022-06-24

Quote:

"In response to today's ruling, we are announcing that if a state one of our teammates lives in restricts access to abortion, DICK's Sporting Goods will provide up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available," Hobart said in a LinkedIn message.
4K per employee who wants to kill their baby? What does this have to do with anything?
Disney joins the abortion train

fine with me- if they want to waste money on sending women to leftist states.

oh well.

Florida allows aborting a child up to 15 weeks, and I don't think anyone would consider that a leftist state.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
MallalieuAg
AG
Fightin2010 said:

Wow, literally paying people to kill their babies.

I think they feel it's cheaper for them than putting a new person on their benefits.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Soooo

They're gonna increase prices on highly unnecessary goods during inflation bordering on recession in support of a policy that the majority of their customers don't support personally?

Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
1. Find friend who is pregnant.
2. Find cooperative unethical doctor in a blue state you want to visit.
3. Present friend's pregnancy test to employer.
4. Profit.

Prexys Moon said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-soars-after-ceo-says-help-will-be-provided-for-those-needing-to-travel-for-legal-abortions-2022-06-24

Quote:

"In response to today's ruling, we are announcing that if a state one of our teammates lives in restricts access to abortion, DICK's Sporting Goods will provide up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available," Hobart said in a LinkedIn message.
4K per employee who wants to kill their baby? What does this have to do with anything?
YouBet
AG
ThunderFighter06 said:

Scheels is great. Got one up here in Colorado Springs. Shop there anytime I can. Go check one out if you're close to one and have never been. It's what Dick's wishes it was!

My new Disneyworld here in DFW. Went there for first time about a month ago.
Krazykat
AG
A whole new industry... the Murder Travel Industry.
Tanya 93
BigRobSA said:

They should hire less whoors. Have they tried that?

Fewer

Castro would use less though
Tone2002
#BIGDICKENERGY
Tom Doniphon
Pinche Guero said:

It's cheaper than maternity leave

Ding ding ding.... that's the correct answer. They're attempting to be "woke" to this cause while secretly knowing it's a capitalistic, money driven decision (evil as it may be)
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Another good reason not to shop at Dick's.
Why is anyone surprised?

The name should tell you exactly who they are.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Fightin2010 said:

Wow, literally paying people to kill their babies.

They already hire a disproportionate amount of liberals and now will even moreso. At least there's some type of silver lining.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
mjschiller
AG
Another example of satans influence and power over woke companies.
Marvin J. Schiller
aglaohfour
AG
Eliminatus said:

Interesting thing I came across.

This is a data point only and does not assuage my loathing of Dicks.

They currently have an adoption reimbursement clause up to $14K for their employees with additional hours off for the event itself in addition to their normal paternity leave thing.

Interesting dichotomy there for a company...

It is interesting. I'd love to hear what their procedure is for obtaining the abortion stipend and if it's really as easy as just saying you got an abortion. As someone mentioned above, it would be less expensive than a full time employee having a baby, but the majority of their workforce are not full time.

I was a mid-level executive for a major retailer when I adopted my daughter. They offered adoption expense reimbursement as part of their compensation package, but when it came down to it the policy was written in such a way that they nitpicked everything little thing about the technicalities of the process and ultimately only reimbursed about 20% of what it cost. They also refused to cover my daughter on my insurance because in TX there is a 6 month waiting period before the adoption is final. This was in spite of the fact that I became her legal guardian 72 hours after her birth.

Based on that experience, I wonder if a lot of companies try to virtue signal or attract employees with policies like this, but many probably don't ever have to back it up by actually spending money.
Burpelson
Is Dicks exercising a states right issue
medwriter
Satan's spawn.
Fitch
AG
Oh my goodness, could it be that there are unintended consequences to interstate business resulting from ending a decades-long nationwide policy and reverting to a patchwork of wildly different standards across these United States?
BigRobSA
Fitch said:

Oh my goodness, could it be that there are unintended consequences to interstate business resulting from ending a decades-long nationwide policy and reverting to a patchwork of wildly different standards across these United States?

WTF are you babbling about?

This is a solution, in search of a problem. Not to mention, they're going to "woke" themselves out of a bunch of customers while trying to appeal to others that will never be customers. All to virtue signal about an insanely evil policy.
redcrayon
AG
Fitch said:

What??
Ag CPA
AG
There are literally hundreds of companies that have come out the past few days and said that they are going to do this, including many headquartered in Texas. Not sure what the fascination with Dick's is on this board besides the gun stuff from a few years ago.
boboguitar
AG
Looks like I need to start buying my camping equipment from Dicks.
Burnsey
AG
Good Poster said:

I no longer shop at Dick's Sporting Goods as of this second

When Dicks stopped selling guns, they destroyed their inventory. Don't give these nuts a dime!
Viper16
AG
infinity ag said:

Ag87H2O said:

Another good reason not to shop at Dick's.

Hmm I bought 2 pairs of tennis shoes from them recently. About $150. Should I return them? Gently used.

Just tell them you've decided to "abort" them from your feet!!

Your feet, your choice!!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
Burnsey
AG
Fitch said:

Same poster is silent about state marijuana reform laws.
Agsrback12
Trump is a POS for the most part but he was a good president and absolutely drew a line in the sand.

People are outing themselves like crazy. This is a great thing moving forward.
Ol Rock
AG
Probably could get the money if you don't kill your baby or have a legit suit.
coupland boy
AG
What's wrong with this? As has been pointed out abortion hasn't been outlawed it has just been made less convenient in some states and necessitates travel expenses to those women so inclined.

Don't shop at Dicks. Simple
Garrelli 5000
AG
YouBet said:

ThunderFighter06 said:

Scheels is great. Got one up here in Colorado Springs. Shop there anytime I can. Go check one out if you're close to one and have never been. It's what Dick's wishes it was!

That place is awesome. I went there a few weeks ago because I needed a new shirt, I like outdoorsy Northface type shirts (don't buy that brand for obvious reasons).

WHile they don't carry them on the floor, online I found my favorite new hawaiian style shirt company:

Retro Rifle

I've ordered straight from RR and from Amazon (A had stock of a print I liked RR no longer carried).
Take the trash out staff.
coupland boy
AG
Not gonna read the whole thread but has anyone said - "no Dicks no abortions"?
YouBet
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

YouBet said:

ThunderFighter06 said:

That place is awesome. I went there a few weeks ago because I needed a new shirt, I like outdoorsy Northface type shirts (don't buy that brand for obvious reasons).

WHile they don't carry them on the floor, online I found my favorite new hawaiian style shirt company:

Retro Rifle

I've ordered straight from RR and from Amazon (A had stock of a print I liked RR no longer carried).

Those are pretty awesome.
MouthBQ98
AG
Maybe they should change their name to another 4 letter word that starts with a C.
v1rotate92
AG
I agree with the where has everyone been. Dicks showed their stripes back when they attacked the 2nd A.

I no longer shop there but occasionally shoplift.
Fitch
AG
Burnsey said:

Fitch said:

Same poster is silent about state marijuana reform laws.
Not my thing. But fwiw legalize it and tax it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.