Dick's Sporting Goods?? WTFT??

10,649 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Trajan88
Four Seasons Landscaping
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I know is that if Dicks thinks it costs $4,000 to do it, it likely only costs $2,500.
BaileyAg
AG
I thought Dicks was done shooting themselves in the foot
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
My company is offering up to $10K
policywonk98
AG
amercer said:

policywonk98 said:

All pro-life employees of Dicks and all these other companies should DEMAND, the same amount of money for them choosing not to kill their children.

As noted above, having the baby probably costs the company 50k.

Dicks does not offer part time employees health insurance or leave to their part time work force which is a very large % of their workforce.
Rapier108
CM Trump Voter said:

States need to make it illegal to travel to get an abortion in another state. Just like the laws that punish perverts that travel to other countries to Molest kids. I want all leftists out of my state.
Very hard to make that stand up in court.

I can go to Nevada and blow as much money as I want gambling, even though doing the same in Texas would be illegal. Same for going to Nevada and hitting the brothels banging as many hookers as I want even though it is illegal in Texas.

Texas will not prosecute me for either.

The law about traveling to other countries to abuse children is a federal law so completely irrelevant regarding state to state travel.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
YouBet
AG
Silvertaps said:

Always blows my mind when a company gets political like this. The sporting goods market is saturated, why would you push customers away? You exist to make money, not play lobbyist!

You have to look at where they are HQ'ed.
ThunderFighter06
AG
Scheels is great. Got one up here in Colorado Springs. Shop there anytime I can. Go check one out if you're close to one and have never been. It's what Dick's wishes it was!
Ginormus Ag
AG
This is why they are more expensive than Academy.
Username checks out.
Ag97
AG
aggiepanic95
AG
gotta keep those employees on the schedule. Kill your baby today Jennifer, on us, and report for your 12-9 shift tomorrow.
HartWorm93
AG
Scheels is licking its chops.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Sounds like accessory to murder.
El Chupacabra
How do you prove you got an abortion? Does Dicks require chunk of flesh...maybe a couple tiny fingers...as proof?

Or can female employee take off for a week, go on vacation, spend $4k on travel, then come back and say it was for an abortion?
Kozmozag
Personal boycotting probably doesn't do much. But I quit Dicks when they dropped selling AR-s.
AzAg80
AG
Nothing new really. Back before gay marriage was legal in all 50 states, my employer actually paid to relocate a pair of female employees to Massachusetts who wished to get married but could not in Texas. There is no way that benefit would have been extended to any other employee who wished to relocate for a "lifestyle" reason as opposed to a legitimate business purpose.

Eliminatus
AG
Interesting thing I came across.

This is a data point only and does not assuage my loathing of Dicks.

They currently have an adoption reimbursement clause up to $14K for their employees with additional hours off for the event itself in addition to their normal paternity leave thing.

Interesting dichotomy there for a company...
bigblock
These ****ers are so hellbent on killing babies. Just believably sad. Satan is everywhere.
Marcus Brutus
It obviously doesn't marrer, but i stopped shopping at Dicks when they went anti 2nd.

They are hard lefties.
EX TEXASEX
Prexys Moon said:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-stock-soars-after-ceo-says-help-will-be-provided-for-those-needing-to-travel-for-legal-abortions-2022-06-24

Quote:

"In response to today's ruling, we are announcing that if a state one of our teammates lives in restricts access to abortion, DICK's Sporting Goods will provide up to $4,000 in travel expense reimbursement to travel to the nearest location where that care is legally available," Hobart said in a LinkedIn message.
4K per employee who wants to kill their baby? What does this have to do with anything?

The people at Dick's being a ...
I am enrolling my money in the team sport " Go woke, go broke " see you on the field Dick's

Just checked. Dick's is headed by its FIRST woman and ahe is Ivy league educated. That explains everything !!!
TRX
AG
Why would any conservative not have stopped shopping there after they came out as anti 2A years ago?

This should be no surprise.
FJB
lb3
AG
waitwhat? said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Employees should just lie about being pregnant and take the 4k and free trip to Colorado and when you come back they would never know you were never pregnant.

F***ing genius. I completely support this. Put these businesses in a position where they have to invade a woman's privacy to verify they aren't getting ripped off.
Can groomers trans or non-binary individuals claim this benefit?

-asking for a friend.
EX TEXASEX
If I I worked there I would totally do this if I was about to bail on them. They are in complete catch 22 situation.
If they do approve that. They know you are making chumps out of them and basically stealing 4k. If they don't allow a male to do this, all the crazy leftist nut jobs will eat them alive.

Watch to the end. It is more appropriate than you would imagine.
infinity ag
Dicks is in CONTEMPT OF COURT.
Rascal
AG
waitwhat? said:

Everyone should put this in perspective: Dick's will save much more than $4k by having an employee abort her baby than paying for the pregnancy and maternal leave and then having the child on insurance.

Dick's is being a real dick in hiding their true motive here. But pro-abortionists will eat it up.
What is their policy going to be if/when an employee has multiple abortions over their career with the company?

Serious question: what if "Sandra" has an abortion 3 years in a row. Are they shelling out $12K to cover all of them?
Rascal
AG
policywonk98 said:

All pro-life employees of Dicks and all these other companies should DEMAND, the same amount of money for them choosing not to kill their children.
BINGO
waitwhat?
Rascal said:

waitwhat? said:

Everyone should put this in perspective: Dick's will save much more than $4k by having an employee abort her baby than paying for the pregnancy and maternal leave and then having the child on insurance.

Dick's is being a real dick in hiding their true motive here. But pro-abortionists will eat it up.
What is their policy going to be if/when an employee has multiple abortions over their career with the company?

Serious question: what if "Sandra" has an abortion 3 years in a row. Are they shelling out $12K to cover all of them?

I have a better question: what if Sandra "has an abortion" three times in a year.

Surely they won't invade her privacy for proof that she had abortions. They'll #BelieveAllWomem, won't they?
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
rausr
AG
For those of us olds:

isn't there an element of age discrimination with this "benefit?"
lb3
AG
They'll make Sandra's abortionist file with their insurance provider and probably only allow per diem for travel.
Rascal
AG
insane to ponder
Tanya 93
Probably think this is cheaper than paid maternity leave and 26 years of the kid on insurance
rathAG05
AG
Pulling my money from JP Morgan, no longer shopping at Dicks and won't go to Disney or watch their movies anymore. Will not support companies that go out of their way to help women kill their offspring. This is so crazy.
sleepybeagle
AG
Zarathustra said:

Fightin2010 said:

Wow, literally paying people to kill their babies.

Pregnancies are expensive for businesses. This was not an altruistic move.

"Hey woman...go get an abortion and keep working!"
theCruiser
Doesn't Dick's Sporting Goods sell firearms? Some tiny brains gonna burst over this stuff...
_mpaul
AG
Is this a one-time deal? Once a year? As often as needed? I'm thinking this might not be as cheap as they think it is and the law of unintended consequences is a *****.

And if I'm a shareholder of one of these companies, I'm a little pissed that I'm having to pay the cost of this.
sharpdressedman
Ag87H2O said:

Another good reason not to shop at Dick's.
Yep, I ceased doing business there after the 2A blunder.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.