Why it's fashionable to be 'fat' in 2022: 'size-ism' last bastion of discrimination..

5,992 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by WolfCall
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Embracing fat and making it fashionable.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10827709/Harpers-Bazaar-fashion-editor-Patty-Huntington-praises-Curve-Edit-Australian-Fashion-Week.html

Quote:

Why it's fashionable to be 'fat' in 2022: How 'size-ism' is the last bastion of discrimination - and after a 'curvy' fashion week, all ANYONE is talking about is the 'size-inclusive models'

• Features and Fashion News Director for Harper's Bazaar, Patty Huntington, went to Australian Fashion Week
  • The Harper's Bazaar editor heaped praise on The Curve Edit show at AAFW, heralding it 'size inclusivity'
  • It was the first time an entire runway was designed for 'size-inclusive' women of all shapes and sizes
  • Designers have previously shunned larger sizes for fear they won't sell when they hit the retail stores
  • The praise comes after psychologist Dr. Jordan Peterson said Sports Illustrated model is 'not beautiful'
  • The magazine's latest Swimsuit Issue cover star Yumi Nu was embracing her curves on the front cover
By MATILDA RUDD FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA
PUBLISHED: 23:37 EDT, 18 May 2022 | UPDATED: 09:08 EDT, 19 May 2022

You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
bmks270
AG
It's another delusion.

Fat is not healthy or attractive. It's instinct, it's biology, it's reality.

94chem
We're just turning into one big SONIC ad.
Marcus Brutus
bmks270 said:

It's another delusion.

Fat is not healthy or attractive. It's instinct, it's biology, it's reality.

Yeah, mass delusion.
Agthatbuilds
It's fashionable because so many of us are fat. The far are the majority.
Hungry Ojos
Decades and decades and decades of scientific proof that being obese is the number one cause of health problems a person can have.

Only for liberal progressives to declare in 2022 "nuh uh". And the whole world falls in line.

Sound familiar?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
In all fairness this may be the most exercise they have done in quite some time. That walkway has to be at least 10 yards long.
MEEN Ag 05
AG
"The army is trying to create an elite group of artic commandos stationed in Alaska and able to withstand frigid temperatures. They called it Operation Infinite Walrus."

zoneag
When did a blob of cellulite and cottage cheese become "curves"?
BCG Disciple
AG
You'd think we'd learn some lessons about general health from COVID. Guess we prefer to inject therapeutics that don't work while making sure we don't hurt feelings.
BlueSmoke
Post modern nonsense. Up is down. Left is right. Fat is healthy.

It's the lowest of the hanging intellectual fruit to just "say" it's ok and be supportive and avoid the hand conversations about how it's killing more people than just about anything else as well as the inconvenient truth (see what I did there) that it's almost always self inflicted.

To quote the great Bill Burr: you ate your in there, now walk your ass out
YouBet
AG
Disgusting.
DrEvazanPhD
Hungry Ojos said:

Decades and decades and decades of scientific proof that being obese is the number one cause of health problems a person can have.

Only for liberal progressives to declare in 2022 "nuh uh". And the whole world falls in line.

Sound familiar?
Because they choose to follow Science.
AGHouston11
AG
No Fauci vaccine you are wanted to be caged in quarantine by the leftists.

Morbidly Obese you get put on the cover of SI

They celebrate mental illness and poor health.

Party of SCIENCE is the party of death
Romello
Being obese is one of the worst things for a person's health. Of course democrats support it.
An L of an Ag
AG
One of my favorite King of the Hill episodes!
sleepybeagle
AG
So now the couples in all of the commercials will be biracial and fat?
MouthBQ98
AG
They need beholden dependents they can string along with spending programs. Dems WANT an obese population.
Rapier108
If you read other articles on this insane push, the #1 reason they're doing it is because most black women are obese. Anything they can do to keep a bedrock of their base voting Democrat, they will do.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
P.U.T.U
AG
Over 70% of the US population is overfat, too easy to get food and we are lazy
TexAgs91
AG
> Why it's fashionable to be 'fat' in 2022: 'size-ism' last bastion of discrimination..

It's not. Unless you get your culture direction from Marxists
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
justcallmeharry
S
Forum 16 is bulging at the seams with "Fat" topics. Maybe someone should start an official all things fat topic.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3289609/replies
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
Ciboag96
Left is right
Down is up
Boys are girls
Violence is peace
White is black
Fat is healthy
HumpitPuryear
AG
This is all a set-up for the great recession and food shortage. Fat will be a sign of opulence and wealth. Thin people are poor people. Thus it will be fashionable to be fat.
tysker
AG
not fashionable as much as profitable
lot more size 12s out there than size 2s and a lot more need for mens jeans in 38 than 32. that being said clothing sizes mean almost nothing nowadays
. . .
Edit: What ciboag said

Left is right; Up is down
Sky is green; Grass is blue
Men are women; women are men
There are "2391892912" genders
Fat is "healthy & beautiful"
Kill babies; Mutilate children; Sexualize children
If you don't agree, you're a bigot, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, fatphobic person!

wbt5845
AG
Damn - I put all this effort into losing weight and now it's cool to be fat?

BadMoonRisin
AG
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0.
I am always wrong
Honestly, I have no problem with models and clothing lines that cater to fat people. There are tons of fat people who need clothes, and targeting them as a demographic is just good capitalism. I actually don't even care if businesses, in the course of targeting the fat demographic, have taglines to make said fat people feel more confident and comfortable in their own skin. If I was trying to sell something g specifically designed for fat people, I would do the exact same thing.

But promoting the idea that being fat is somehow a good, healthy thing within academia, medicine, and politics is just ****ing insane. Complete wacko bull****
tysker
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

Honestly, I have no problem with models and clothing lines that cater to fat people. There are tons of fat people who need clothes, and targeting them as a demographic is just good capitalism. I actually don't even care if businesses, in the course of targeting the fat demographic, have taglines to make said fat people feel more confident and comfortable in their own skin. If I was trying to sell something g specifically designed for fat people, I would do the exact same thing.

But promoting the idea that being fat is somehow a good, healthy thing within academia, medicine, and politics is just ****ing insane. Complete wacko bull****
Especially given all the recently created rules around calorie labeling, trans-fat being banned in places like NYC, and taxes on sugary drinks in Philly and NYC. Why were those rules and taxes justified? Because they lead to unhealthy outcomes like obesity.
Iowaggie
AG
Reposted from other threads because I find it very funny... Photographer for morbidly obese facing bias....
Really shows the insanity of the plus size movement (or lack of movement)

ABATTBQ87
AG
I've lost 68 pounds since Memorial Day 2020. 285 to 217

Being fat and middle-aged was a bad combination for me and so I changed my eating habits and increased my walking and a more active lifestyle (Golf and softball and country dancing)

AggiePetro07
AG
wbt5845 said:

Damn - I put all this effort into losing weight and now it's cool to be fat?

I wouldn't have thought you were 700# overweight, but damn, you carried it well.
TxTarpon
Pie and buffets take their toll......

batchuser
This board hates on fat people more than libtards and the taliban combined. And this is all because of listeater
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.