Fat Asses of the world unite! SJW to attack fatphobia

3,326 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rocky the dog
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Woke universities' newest social justice crusade: Fighting 'fatphobia' | Fox News
Quote:

"Health justice" is becoming a new woke agenda item in universities across the country, as progressive academics try to eliminate "fatphobia," or the cultural stigmatization of obesity, including scrapping the word "obesity" itself.

The University of Illinois Chicago's school of public health defines weight stigma as "the discrimination or stereotyping based on a person's weight," which it claims is "reported at rates comparable to racism and is one of the last types of discrimination still condoned and carried out by public health and medical experts."

"The incidence of weight stigma has increased by 66 percent with the rise of public health campaigns to end the 'obesity epidemic,'" the school says.
Quote:

The school released a policy brief in October called, "Addressing weight stigma and fatphobia in public health," which said the country's focus on body size is "rooted in racism" dating back to Charles Darwin, and it advised against using "extremely stigmatizing" words like "obesity" in favor of terms such as "people in larger bodies."

"Though lifestyle factors such as nutrition and exercise are important, it is essential to note the historical racism and injustices within our current food environment," the brief said. "As presented by Soul Fire Farm, the U.S. food system is built on stolen land using stolen labor from Black and Latinx indigenous people. Not only has this created a large scale food apartheid and trauma for people indigenous to this land, it has caused a disconnection of indigenous people from their cultural practices and identities."

https://y.yarn.co/94e2e098-de90-429a-bba1-7da464bd760e.mp4

Wow, this world needs an enema.
TexasAggie_02
AG
javajaws
AG
You lost the race by 4 minutes: https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3289608
ProgN
Oh well, great minds think alike.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

The school released a policy brief in October called, "Addressing weight stigma and fatphobia in public health," which said the country's focus on body size is "rooted in racism" dating back to Charles Darwin
Are libs going to turn on Darwin now?
AggieChemE09
AG
javajaws said:

At least this OP provided links
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This thread is better. Damn the other thread.
ProgN
That's why I didn't see the other thread because I was creating mine at the same time.
TxTarpon
As posted the other day: At least some people might lose weight. Starving will be spun as a good thing for your health. They'll call it extended fasting.

This should all work itself out.
ProgN
TxTarpon said:

As posted the other day: At least some people might lose weight. Starving will be spun as a good thing for your health. They'll call it extended fasting.

This should all work itself out.
I don't remember posting that. What thread?
Tree Hugger
AG
Is there anything that the woke don't spin back to racism?

I used to subscribe to National Geographic, but I got tired of every topic being linked to racism or climate change.
IMnAg79
AG
They best start voting (R) to keep their food supply coming
AGHouston11
AG
What was the biggest comorbidity that contributed to death from Covid? What race was affected more than others?

It's almost like they want to kill a race of people on purpose……

How do they get people to go along with this BS
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AGHouston11 said:

What was the biggest comorbidity that contributed to death from Covid? What race was affected more than others?

What are you talking about? These people believe in science.

ProgN
Definitely Not A Cop said:

AGHouston11 said:

What are you talking about? These people believe in science.

I'd have added "gun free home" to the bottom of their sign.
ValleyRatAg
AG
This is funny, Michelle Obama reduced school portions to the point, that I would have to buy my skinny kids 3 lunches or pack lunches so they wouldn't hit the failure to thrive mark. Now it's rooted in racism. The Obama's were the ones saying our kids were too fat.
Tanya 93
I did ballet for 9 years, including classes at the Houston Ballet.

That woman in the cartoon would not be able to stand en pointe

That required an insane sense of balance and body proportion in order to rest your eintire body on a tiny box as hard as wood
AGHouston11
AG
ValleyRatAg said:

This is funny, Michelle Obama reduced school portions to the point, that I would have to buy my skinny kids 3 lunches or pack lunches so they wouldn't hit the failure to thrive mark. Now it's rooted in racism. The Obama's were the ones saying our kids were too fat.

The First Womxn brought her private chef from Chicago to the Whitehouse and had gourmet meals prepared for her everyday. Did her BMI look like she was eating the equivalent of what she was wanting to feed the kids !

Also Obama smokes - what is another risk factor of death from Covid ……….
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
There is also a heavy stigma around smoking, mostly perpetrated by white women. I would love to see a study about how being tobacco-phobic is heavily rooted in racism and sexism.
YouBet
AG
We are due for a global purge of stupid humans. Seems like Mother Gaia is about to hit her boiling point for that. Hopefully, it's primarily Democrats impacted with that.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

There is also a heavy stigma around smoking, mostly perpetrated by white women. I would love to see a study about how being tobacco-phobic is heavily rooted in racism and sexism.
I'll see you and raise you a virtue signaling ban on menthol smokes.
aggiebrad94
AG
javajaws said:

His title was better
aggiedent
AG
So is the woke crowd going to cancel heart disease, diabetes, osteoarthritis, apnea, and the other diseases associated with obesity?
rab79
AG
extended longevity study had two main points. in order to get old you should not smoke and should not be obese. Being underweight as also contraindicated, as they would lack the ability to tolerate bouts of illness.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
Rexter

Maroon Dawn
AG
Dear Leftist morons (but I repeat myself):

It's possible to not be a dick to fat people while also recognizing obesity is a severe, life threatening condition that hurts both the individual, their families and society at large and it should never be promoted anymore than heart disease should be promoted

American Hardwood
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Quote:

The school released a policy brief in October called, "Addressing weight stigma and fatphobia in public health," which said the country's focus on body size is "rooted in racism" dating back to Charles Darwin
Are libs going to turn on Darwin now?
In the end, progressivism destroys everything, including their "allies".
stetson
AG
This from people who "believe in science", which says that obese people will develop comorbidities that will lead to health problems, hospitalization, and early death. The left kills.
FJB
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
stetson said:

This from people who "believe in science", which says that obese people will develop comorbidities that will lead to health problems, hospitalization, and early death. The left kills.
"The Science!" will lead us to this:

cbaker20
You're right Tanya. Impossible for a fat girl to frolic like that.

In all seriousness, obesity is a real public health crisis that leads to a massive amount of health expenditure. I'm all for acceptance of different types of bodies but pretending that obese is healthy does no favors for anyone. There is no grace in huffing, puffing and breaking a sweat to walk 100 feet due to overfeeding.
Iowaggie
AG
I found this very funny (and put in SI thread)... Photographer for morbidly obese facing bias....

Direct Enter Enter
I guess at least one of the flight attendants on my flight a couple of weeks ago wasn't on board with not stigmatizing obesity. She announced over the PA that the reason for our departure delay (they had to disarm the exits and reopen the cabin door) was because they needed to acquire another seat belt extension.
Fannie Luddite
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I did ballet for 9 years, including classes at the Houston Ballet.

That woman in the cartoon would not be able to stand en pointe

Right, but she is probably capable of a double sow-cow in Ice Skating.
Guardian Angel
AG
stetson said:

obese people already have comorbidities that will lead to health problems, hospitalization, and early death. The left kills.
FIFY
FrioAg 00
AG
Science would suggest a BMI of high 30's more than doubled your all cause mortality risk

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.