Musk Owns Twitter

11,025 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BlueTaze
Fightin_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let the REEEEEE commence

https://www.fox3now.com/elon-musk-now-owns-twitter/
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
pfo
AG
Critics are "concerned Musk will silence their voices"!

How incredibly rich!!!
. . .
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/elon-musk-to-acquire-twitter-301532245.html

XXXVII
I may finally get a twitter account.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Fat Black Swan
AG
From REEEEE to whining REEEEE
Deplorable
pfo said:

Critics are "concerned Musk will silence their voices"!

How incredibly rich!!!

By allowing dissent! Can't make this up, wait, yes you can, Orwell did it.
Charpie
AG
Bring Trump back
Add a damn edit button
Pookers
AG
Musk is an interesting guy and will do a better job running twitter than the current group. However, conservatives / right wingers / populists etc. should not be quick to assume he one of us.
DCAggie13y
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

Let the REEEEEE commence

https://www.fox3now.com/elon-musk-now-owns-twitter/

That's a fake tweet from "Elon".
TexasAggie_02
AG
Trump be like...

Martin Q. Blank
Pookers said:

Musk is an interesting guy and will do a better job running twitter than the current group. However, conservatives / right wingers / populists etc. should not be quick to assume he one of us.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Pookers
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Pookers said:

Until your enemy is subdued and you have an even more powerful enemy to contend with (who now owns the town square). Not saying this is a bad thing but people should be careful to not put the guy on a pedestal of one sort or another.
BusterAg
Fireman
AG
My first social media, other than TexAgs of course.
nortex97
AG
And now we know the first human communication from mars will be a tweet.
American Hardwood
AG
Pookers said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Pookers said:

Until your enemy is subdued and you have an even more powerful enemy to contend with (who now owns the town square). Not saying this is a bad thing but people should be careful to not put the guy on a pedestal of one sort or another.
As a person that has never been a subscriber to or owner of Twitter, I have had nothing to lose and everything to gain from this regardless of what Elon does with it.

I do suspect that it is only a matter of time before he does something to irritate the right, so I for one am not going to heavily invest emotionally in Elon. I will, however, enjoy all of this as long as it lasts.
Pookers
AG
American Hardwood said:

Pookers said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Pookers said:

As a person that has never been a subscriber to or owner of Twitter, I have had nothing to lose and everything to gain from this regardless of what Elon does with it.

I do suspect that it is only a matter of time before he does something to irritate the right, so I for one am not going to heavily invest emotionally in Elon. I will, however, enjoy all of this as long as it lasts.
I'm not spiking the football here, this appears to be pissing all the correct people off. I'm just leery of people on the right turning people into heroes when they shouldn't be.
Trajan88
AG
need a modify this commercial to have Musk as the hammer thrower and Twitter in place of Apple

No Spin Ag
To true free anything goes speech. Let the cafeteria food fight begin.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
JABQ04
AG
This aged well!

Gigem314
AG

ChrisTAMU
AG
Pookers said:

A defender of free speech is someone I'll go to bat for any day of the week. Regardless of political affiliation.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Maybe so, but I think you're placing too much importance on Musk's cult of personality in regards to conservatives. Musk has become the standard bearer because he's saying what most people believe and he's powerful enough to affect change for the better. He's attacking wokeness and censorship. The minute he reverses course in that battle he'll be discarded by the right.
Deputy Travis Junior
Pookers said:

He doesn't have to be one of us, he just has to refuse to ban people who hold different points of view.

He'll still likely keep some sort of anti trolling and harassment policy, which will make some people mad, but it should be waaay better than before. No banning of Hunter Biden laptop or lab leak stories. No elimination of discussions on, say, the tradeoffs between economic damage and public health benefits when considering pandemic lockdowns.

I don't care if somebody disagrees with me, I just want them to stop trying to censor me.
Pookers
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

Maybe so, but I think you're placing too much importance on Musk's cult of personality in regards to conservatives. Musk has become the standard bearer because he's saying what most people believe and he's powerful enough to affect change for the better. He's attacking wokeness and censorship. The minute he reverses course in that battle he'll be discarded by the right.
Correct, which is why the right shouldn't adopt people into their camp in this manner. Musk will likely end up making ****loads of money off of this purchase so we shouldn't assume he's doing it because he simply wants free speech. We can celebrate the salt mining going on but should watch Musk closely moving forward.
Ag87H2O
AG
"Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated," said Mr. Musk. "I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it."

And like that, the left's army of Twitter trolls gets decimated.

93MarineHorn
I disagree. The right should adopt people that say & DO the right things. Musk is risking both his money and reputation by taking on this badly needed fight. We should definitely embrace him for this. Twitter will now be a "fair fight", this will help the right and greatly harm the left.
No Spin Ag
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Pookers said:

He doesn't have to be one of us, he just has to refuse to ban people who hold different points of view.

He'll still likely keep some sort of anti trolling and harassment policy, which will make some people mad, but it should be waaay better than before. No banning of Hunter Biden laptop or lab leak stories. No elimination of discussions on, say, the tradeoffs between economic damage and public health benefits when considering pandemic lockdowns.

I don't care if somebody disagrees with me, I just want them to stop trying to censor me.

Love your last sentence.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
American Hardwood
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Quote:

I am certainly not placing too much importance on his cult of personality. In that regard I am with you and Pookers. If there is one thing conservatives have learned over the last few decades, it is not to invest too much hope in popular figures. We've been burned way to many times.

I know the left here will probably laugh at that with 'muh Trump', but I think that is a misread of what people on the right value about Trump. His 'cult of personality' status is way overvalued by the left. Trump's value to the right is much more in what he represents than the man himself. Elon may very well be the same in the long run depending on where he goes from here.
StoneCold99
AG
Pookers said:

This kind of statement reads hypocritical to me. I am very conservative/right wing and couldn't care less if he's "one of us".

As long as he allows both sides to have a voice, that's what I and all conservatives should care about.
cityagboy
AG
We live in an oligarchy
. . .
Jock 07
AG
Can Texags staph outsource their moderation to Elon twitter? Asking for a friend.
Kozmozag
Hopefully he makes it better, but they will still censor. Being a unbiased arbiter is hard to do.
barbacoa taco
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

Pookers said:

Yup. Twitter wasn't an equal playing field. And no one can justify them banning conservative accounts but allowing CCP and Taliban accounts. Having said that, there are some conservative accounts that are among the most popular on the website.

I personally dont care much about who owns it because that site is a dumpster fire of negativity anyway. But people losing their s*** over this are idiots.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.