Just two more weeks! [AIRLINE MASK MANDATE - STAFF EDIT]

8,640 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Guy on a Buffalo
RoadkillBBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
annie88 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

What is the ****ing point?
Control
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
Kenneth_2003
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

And I have my first flight since this whole thing begins next week. So stupid.
I'm flying to Cairo on the 30th... Biden extending will almost certainly keep the foreign based carrier requiring it. Thankfully I should be laid flat and asleep for most of the flight.
JBAggie00
Masks will stay until Biden is out of office.
TXAG 05
AG
LSCSN said:

15 more days I wont buy a plane ticket. Sweet.

Same. I refuse to fly until the mask rules are gone.
Deputy Travis Junior
So your comment on Philadelphia is exactly my point. Tons of liberals are sick of this **** and don't want it anymore, but the Democrat leadership is ignoring them and pushing it anyway. Further, I don't think it's hard to see that it's unpopular. Tons of Austin hippies are running around maskless (not all but a lot of them), which means this is an issue that's even dividing the hard left.

I think the idea that it'll help them in the midterms is 100% wrong and it'll actually make a crushing defeat even worse. I mean they almost lost an election in freaking New Jersey and now they want to double down on masking and lockdowns when even a good chunk of their base is starting to say "NO!"? I don't know who's devising their strategy but from where I'm standing it looks like it's a republican mole haha
twk
AG
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I will have to wear a mask for my trip to see the D-Day beaches on May 12. I had a flight to Baton Rouge on March 18 that was subject to this stupidity, and have one to Nashville on April 28.

FJB!
beerad12man
AG
I just honestly cannot fathom how we are still at this point. Where governments ever had the authority to mandate what we wear on our faces. For going on 2+ years now.
JimmyHouston
AG
On a United flight right now EWR-IAH. The way up here was super relaxed but back down the flight attendant has been walking the aisles telling everyone to cover their nose.
annie88
AG
I think the idea that it'll help them in the midterms is 100% wrong and it'll actually make a crushing defeat even worse.

Let's hope so. It's just unsettling to see how far they're going to try to push this again. You already have fraudci and the other pieces of crap laying groundwork for this.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
One Louder
AG
At this point, you have a greater chance of dying from the plane crashing than from catching covid on the plane.
The Brazos Kid
annie88 said:

I think the idea that it'll help them in the midterms is 100% wrong and it'll actually make a crushing defeat even worse.

Let's hope so. It's just unsettling to see how far they're going to try to push this again. You already have fraudci and the other pieces of crap laying groundwork for this.

Or they have the voting plan on lockdown and whatever we vote ends up irrelevant. Sure hope I'm wrong.
TX04Aggie
AG
I hate this administration. Luckily United seems to be giving up on enforcing it for most part. Im tempted to keep my flight to UK at end of month or push it out just past the end date. But I have already done that once. I have a feeling United wont GAF on a cross the pond flight
aginlakeway
AG
One Louder said:

At this point, you have a greater chance of dying from the plane crashing than from catching covid on the plane.

I think that may have always been the case.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Desperately hoping for a spike in cases to justify keeping it in place instead of admitting COVID is over
Burn-It
AG
I haven't flown international since all this BS started, but we're going down to Cabo in June. Does the mask mandate apply when out of US airspace??
AKA 13-0
UTExan
For those traveling from Mexico, we recently went through that Covid-test-1-calendar-day-before-returning-to-the-US nonsense, paying $100 per test.

Funny thing, though. When the tech took nasal swabs in Mexico, they were not at all invasive and a fellow tourist who was a medical professional remarked there was "almost zero" chance that procedure would have detected Covid. It was all a money scam.

Ironically, Canadians returning home do not need a Covid test, per another fellow Canadian tourist.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Houston Lee
AG
Last week I flew British Airways from London to Newcastle. Masks were "optional" because the UK lifted the mask mandate last month. The flight was all in "England". I did NOT wear my mask.

Later the same week, I flew British Airways from Aberdeen to London. Because Scotland still has the mandate, we had to wear a mask.

Flying back to Houston from London on United. You guessed it. Had to wear a mask.

STUPID STUPID STUPID
UTExan
Burn-It said:

I haven't flown international since all this BS started, but we're going down to Cabo in June. Does the mask mandate apply when out of US airspace??

Yes. And in Cabo, you will likely see everybody there masked.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Hice89
AG
Buck Fiden!
Bubblez
Cases are increasing. We need to be prudent here.
Jetpilot86
AG
LRHF said:

How many of you have asked questions about what the pilots do?!

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

Crazy how different the pilots union is vs the flight attendants
Well sort of....

Communication is part of it, but it's mostly because the masks mess up the seals on our oxygen masks incase we have to grab them if the airplane depressurizes unexpectedly, or there is a smoke event in the plane. In a high altitude pressurization event, the time you stay conscious without supplemental oxygen is as low as 15 seconds, and some of that is feeling really drunk from lack of oxygen.

I'm not sure how this "science" was allowed to circumvent the mask, but works for me....
Jetpilot86
AG
JimmyHouston said:

On a United flight right now EWR-IAH. The way up here was super relaxed but back down the flight attendant has been walking the aisles telling everyone to cover their nose.
IAH based crew going up I bet, and EWR based coming back....

That was easy....
BMX Bandit
aginlakeway said:

LRHF said:

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

This is 100% accurate.

Duh. Can't take shots with a mask on.
annie88
AG
twk said:

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I will have to wear a mask for my trip to see the D-Day beaches on May 12. I had a flight to Baton Rouge on March 18 that was subject to this stupidity, and have one to Nashville on April 28.

FJB!

Once you get over water you may not have to. I don't think they have these over in Europe anymore. What airline are you flying?
twk
AG
annie88 said:

twk said:

FJB!

Once you get over water you may not have to. I don't think they have these over in Europe anymore. What airline are you flying?
American
annie88
AG
The Brazos Kid said:

annie88 said:

Or they have the voting plan on lockdown and whatever we vote ends up irrelevant. Sure hope I'm wrong.

That too. I fully expect them to cheat again.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Bubblez said:

Cases are increasing. We need to be prudent here.

Are hospitalizations or deaths increasing?

[Bubblez has left the chat]
annie88
AG
JimmyHouston said:

That seems to be the case. Flight by flight depending on the attendants. The only time I flew back in September to Colorado are attendants were very cool. I was in first class though, so maybe that had something to do with it but we didn't have much issue.

I've had a few other friends tell me they had nightmare experiences. Once they finally do lift this and I do believe they will eventually, some of these flight attendance are going to have fits losing their power.
Baby Billy
AG
Only time you need the mask is to get through TSA. After that I've been taking it off and nobody has said a word.
TexAgs91
AG
So Biden doesn't trust the hepa filters on planes, but he trusts masks that people have been re-wearing for weeks?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
agracer
AG
jefe95 said:

This is just beyond dumb at this point.
. It was always dumb.
schmellba99
AG
annie88 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

What is the ****ing point?
They hate giving up the control they have fostered over the lemmings, it eats way at them like acid thinking that people may not have to do as they are told.

Shanghai is a democrat (well, really any government official's) wet dream - they want 100% unadulterated control over your every move, thought and action.
El Chupacabra
If they had any balls they'd enact nationwide lockdowns...shut EVERYTHING down...if it saves just one life. Hell, it could be my 90 year old meemaw in hospice, but it would be worth it to potentially maybe extend her life by a few weeks!

Make it hurt...I'd like to see a 300-135 R majority in the House and retake the majority in the Senate too.
LeonardSkinner
Jetpilot86 said:

LRHF said:

Well sort of....

Communication is part of it, but it's mostly because the masks mess up the seals on our oxygen masks incase we have to grab them if the airplane depressurizes unexpectedly, or there is a smoke event in the plane. In a high altitude pressurization event, the time you stay conscious without supplemental oxygen is as low as 15 seconds, and some of that is feeling really drunk from lack of oxygen.

I'm not sure how this "science" was allowed to circumvent the mask, but works for me....

I'm sure someone else has asked it before, but to your point about the pilots and emergency masks, wouldn't the Covid mask interfere with the passenger emergency oxygen masks?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.