Just two more weeks! [AIRLINE MASK MANDATE - STAFF EDIT]

8,630 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Guy on a Buffalo
T Durden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Jetpilot86 said:

LRHF said:

How many of you have asked questions about what the pilots do?!

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

Crazy how different the pilots union is vs the flight attendants
Well sort of....

Communication is part of it, but it's mostly because the masks mess up the seals on our oxygen masks incase we have to grab them if the airplane depressurizes unexpectedly, or there is a smoke event in the plane. In a high altitude pressurization event, the time you stay conscious without supplemental oxygen is as low as 15 seconds, and some of that is feeling really drunk from lack of oxygen.

I'm not sure how this "science" was allowed to circumvent the mask, but works for me....

I'm sure someone else has asked it before, but to your point about the pilots and emergency masks, wouldn't the Covid mask interfere with the passenger emergency oxygen masks?

They tell you to take off the mask that doesn't work to put on the oxygen mask that does work.
Jetpilot86
AG
LeonardSkinner said:

Jetpilot86 said:

LRHF said:

How many of you have asked questions about what the pilots do?!

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

Crazy how different the pilots union is vs the flight attendants
Well sort of....

Communication is part of it, but it's mostly because the masks mess up the seals on our oxygen masks incase we have to grab them if the airplane depressurizes unexpectedly, or there is a smoke event in the plane. In a high altitude pressurization event, the time you stay conscious without supplemental oxygen is as low as 15 seconds, and some of that is feeling really drunk from lack of oxygen.

I'm not sure how this "science" was allowed to circumvent the mask, but works for me....

I'm sure someone else has asked it before, but to your point about the pilots and emergency masks, wouldn't the Covid mask interfere with the passenger emergency oxygen masks?
They would. However if you take a short nap, it's "not as big a deal" as if I do.

Having said that, I'd pull the COVID mask off first in that situation, or deal with it after. We officially have 5 seconds to extract and put ours on in an emergency, the other reason a COVID mask is an issue. I can almost guarantee 90% of those in the back won't get them on in 15 seconds, by delaying getting past the shock/denial phase.
scd88
AG
I flew from Dulles to Ahmedabad via Abu Dhabi and then back through Chicago back in February. Business class. Took the mask off while sleeping. Nobody bothered me.

However, my parents flew British Airways from Houston to India via London in November. Not only did they have to wear a mask on the London to Mumbai leg, everyone on the plane was supplied a whole damn face shield. I may have just turned around at that point. That was also several months ago.
XXXVII
One Louder said:

At this point, you have a greater chance of dying from the plane crashing than from catching covid on the plane.

But even if you caught covid on the plane, you're more likely to die from a plane crash versus dying from covid.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
GreasenUSA
AG
Bubblez said:

Cases are increasing. We need to be prudent here.
Tell me; how does being forced to wear a cloth mask stop cases from increasing?
One Louder
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Bubblez said:

Tell me; how does being forced to wear a cloth mask stop cases from increasing?

It absolutely doesn't. Unless everyone is forced to wear a fitted N95, the whole exercise is useless. I've worn my "FakeMask" on every flight I've been on since this thing started because I'm not a student of theater.
beerad12man
AG
Bubblez said:

So some of you do still exist
beerad12man
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Bubblez said:

Are hospitalizations or deaths increasing?

[Bubblez has left the chat]
I don't care if they are. Masks won't stop it.

Hell, even if masking did have a small effect. They still have no place. Life without masks is better. Simple as that. The argument/debate ends there for me.
annie88
AG
scd88 said:

I flew from Dulles to Ahmedabad via Abu Dhabi and then back through Chicago back in February. Business class. Took the mask off while sleeping. Nobody bothered me.

However, my parents flew British Airways from Houston to India via London in November. Not only did they have to wear a mask on the London to Mumbai leg, everyone on the plane was supplied a whole damn face shield. I may have just turned around at that point. That was also several months ago.

Ugh, I bet that was miserable.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
annie88
AG
Bubblez said:

First off, masks have never done anything to prevent the spread or transmission of this disease nor have the vaccines. We have seen that play out with all the high-level Democrats that have been triple masked, quadruple vaccinated and still continue to get it.

Those of us who aren't wearing them have barely then affected and/or we just get sick for a few days and move on. All the football games, baseball games and events going over the last half year if this was true we would all be dead according to mask logic.

There have been numerous studies over the past two years that show they did not do anything and even the lame, lying CDC has admitted this.

Secondly, the number of cases never has and never will and still doesn't matter. It's all they have left to scare gullible people with at this point.

Just like the flu you would have certain times of the year when it would get worse. That is going to happen with Covid, it will be up and down either for several years or forever. Deal with it and move on it's basically a bad cold.

Thirdly your immune system is your best defense. Not a useless piece of cloth on your face.

We know how politicized they have made this, they keep trying masks over and over as if they're going to do something different. They are not.

The fact that people have so much fear over catching a bad cold is pathological. Over 98% of the people that get this barely even have symptoms if any.

We are really to a point of brainwashing at this point.

And finally, no one is saying people cannot wear masks. But there should never have been a mandate. If the mask people think they work then all they need to do is wear one themselves nobody else has to wear one. Which shows you their logic is flawed, can't have it both ways.

And for cities like Philadelphia that are actually descending back out down into this madness it is just pathetic. It's mostly political but it's pathetic and I pray the people of Philadelphia stand up and say hell no.

Go wear your mask for the rest of your life it's not doing any good. You might as well be wearing tampons in your ears.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Bubblez
Maroon Dawn said:

Bubblez said:

As you know those are lagging indicators. We will have to wait and see
aginlakeway
AG
Bubblez said:

Do you wear a mask wherever you go?
kyledr04
AG
Jetpilot86 said:

JimmyHouston said:

On a United flight right now EWR-IAH. The way up here was super relaxed but back down the flight attendant has been walking the aisles telling everyone to cover their nose.
IAH based crew going up I bet, and EWR based coming back....

That was easy....

That's been my experience going to EWR too.
spider96
AG
Bubblez said:

If masks stop Covid, then why don't they work at stopping Covid?
torrid
AG
I guarantee they are stalling for two weeks to wait for the numbers to go up. Then they can justify extending it for another 90 or 180 days. I think they really want the pandemic to go on.
BrokeAssAggie
iOS 15.4 adds the ability to unlock with Face ID while wearing a mask on iPhone 12 and newer.
beerad12man
AG
Bubblez said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Bubblez said:

As you know those are lagging indicators. We will have to wait and see

Why do we need to wait and see? Did we ever pay attention to flu season numbers? It's mentally unhealthy to follow covid numbers.

The last three waves never approached total hospital numbers that 2019 did. Less total in patients since 2019 even during the height of delta and omicron
beerad12man
AG
torrid said:

I guarantee they are stalling for two weeks to wait for the numbers to go up. Then they can justify extending it for another 90 or 180 days. I think they really want the pandemic to go on.

I think it has to do with Texas and Florida going after them
waco_aggie05
AG
annie88 said:

Even a lot of democrats are sick of this *****

Not enough of them. Look what Philadelphia just did. I bet you anything places like Chicago, Portland and even maybe Houston will try it again. I hope not but the fact that even one city is pushing this bull**** again is unbelievable.

I think it's only gonna get worse by the fall. Just in time for elections. again, I hope I'm wrong and I hope people just openly defy it.

I'm not so sure Portland would go for it. Here now for business and it's maybe 15-20 masked. Not that their leadership cares I suppose.
geoag58
AG
They need to remind the population now and the opportunity presented itself. The libtards can't go all the way to the fall and then clamp down to push mail in ballots again to try and steal another election.
Sea Speed
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

ChemEAg08 said:

And I have my first flight since this whole thing begins next week. So stupid.
I'm flying to Cairo on the 30th... Biden extending will almost certainly keep the foreign based carrier requiring it. Thankfully I should be laid flat and asleep for most of the flight.

Back in early 21 I think it was i was laid flat completely asleep and a dumbass stewardess woke me up to put my mask in. I've never been more annoyed on an airline before in my life and was just incredulous they would do that, especially to q business class customer in a flight thst was only a quarter full.
TyHolden
AG
airline stews...

Bubblez
aginlakeway said:

Bubblez said:

It's situational dependent. If the place is empty, no. In a crowded area, yes.
scd88
AG
Bubblez said:

aginlakeway said:

Bubblez said:

I've always wanted to ask a current mask wearer this:

What will it take for you to feel comfortable enough to ditch the mask? Are you concerned about Covid, or something else?

We are free to do whatever we want, so you have to do what you're comfortable with. That's fine with me. I wish you the best.
HumbleAg04
AG
Bubblez said:

aginlakeway said:

Bubblez said:

You ever listen to old Jeff Foxworthy stand up?

Mask are magic!
backintexas2013
AG
That's your choice. Why do you get to dictate what others do because you are scared?

Some of the biggest mask Nazis are fat tubs of goo. If they cared about their health they would keep a mask on 24/7 so they wouldn't eat. That would be much healthier for them.
LMCane
Americans forced to continue to wear useless masks for the 7 hours on a plane and not the other 17 hours in a day...

Ukrainian border is sacrosanct and our government spends billions of dollars of American money to protect it-

while letting in hundreds of thousands of illegals to flood this country.

who don't have to wear masks.

it's undeniable at this point the leftists in control of this regime want the USA to collapse.
LMCane
Bubblez said:

aginlakeway said:

Bubblez said:

are you ignorant of science or just decide that science does not matter anymore?

because SCIENCE tells everyone for months now that you wearing a mask when no one else is wearing a mask is useless to prevent getting Covid.
aginlakeway
AG
Bubblez said:

aginlakeway said:

Bubblez said:

Ok. You're decision. Why should others not get to make their own decision?
Kozmozag
Dems are going to keep the emergency covid going thru the election. It's how the rigged ut last time.
GeorgiAg
AG
. . .
LRHF
AG
. . . said:

FJB... let's go Ron #2024!
NICU Dad
AG
So does that ruling mean no more masks on planes or not?
torrid
AG
You know there is going to be an injunction from a higher court before this is anywhere near being implemented. And I thought while maybe based on a CDC opinion, it was a rule created by the DoT.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.