Just two more weeks! [AIRLINE MASK MANDATE - STAFF EDIT]

8,638 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Guy on a Buffalo
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BCSWguru
15 more days I wont buy a plane ticket. Sweet.
annie88
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

What is the ****ing point?
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Burrus86
AG
Dems have to keep the sheep in the corral.
P.U.T.U
AG
Two more weeks will continue until the midterms
jefe95
AG
This is just beyond dumb at this point.
aginlakeway
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Two more weeks will continue until the midterms

I don't think this strategy (or mask mandates) works any more, as far as getting more votes.

Even the most liberal people I know are against these mandates now.
Charpie
AG
So stupid
CoppellAg93
AG
annie88 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

They're hoping for a spike in cases soon so they won't have to re-implement the mandate after stopping it.

Ridiculously stupid.
ChemEAg08
AG
And I have my first flight since this whole thing begins next week. So stupid.
Deputy Travis Junior
But why though? Even a lot of democrats are sick of this ***** My in-laws range from center left to Bernie bro and when I saw them all in Austin at Christmas, not a one of them was wearing a mask regularly, and there were 20-25 there so it wasn't a small sample. Hell, one of them works as a "covid safety expert" (I know, the jokes write themselves. Fiction has nothing on reality these days...) and even she only occasionally wore her indoors.

Running on covid seems like a "sure there will be demand for a premium CNN+ service!" level miscalculation.
annie88
AG
Even a lot of democrats are sick of this *****

Not enough of them. Look what Philadelphia just did. I bet you anything places like Chicago, Portland and even maybe Houston will try it again. I hope not but the fact that even one city is pushing this bull**** again is unbelievable.

I think it's only gonna get worse by the fall. Just in time for elections. again, I hope I'm wrong and I hope people just openly defy it.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
LSB_2002
AG
Unbelievable this administration!!!!!!
IDaggie06
AG
They are going to use the cases in Shanghai as rational to keep it going
beerad12man
AG
I have a flight on May 21st. At this point, I am just mentally preparing for it to still be in place. Fortunately I am hearing more and more about how the flight crew is enforcing it less and less. Some who went entire flights without wearing it and no one cared. We shall see how mine goes.

F*** these people, with every ounce of hate I have in my body.
BearJew13
AG
I've been on 6 flights since Thursday last week. Only on one flight was I told to pull up my mask. The rest I sat there with my cocktail and no mask, no comment from the flight attendant, other than "would you like another one?"
YouBet
AG
The airlines and unions already put their request in to kill this mandate a few weeks ago so you probably won't see many of them enforcing it anyway.
NColoradoAG
BearJew13 said:

I've been on 6 flights since Thursday last week. Only on one flight was I told to pull up my mask. The rest I sat there with my cocktail and no mask, no comment from the flight attendant, other than "would you like another one?"

Same back and forth from Austin to Denver last week. Only spot the whole trip I was told to pull up my mask was at TSA in Austin on the way home.

The whole thing is ****ing ridiculous at this point
Tex117
AG
FolLoW tHe ScIENce!

What a freakin joke.

This is the last fig leaf of covid. They know that once they let this go...Covid is 100% over.
Sea Speed
AG
CoppellAg93 said:

annie88 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

They're hoping for a spike in cases soon so they won't have to re-implement the mandate after stopping it.

Ridiculously stupid.

This is exactly right. They will do this until any type of miniscule uptick and then. Act like they are helping out the poor little ole travelers stay safe.
LRHF
AG
How many of you have asked questions about what the pilots do?!

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

Crazy how different the pilots union is vs the flight attendants
aginlakeway
AG
LRHF said:

As soon as their door shuts, the mask come off. Obviously this is a good thing as they have to communicate clearly with each other and the towers.

This is 100% accurate.
Charpie
AG
I suspect that airlines won't enforce mask rules. They simply are tired of it
TheCurl84
AG
Where have I heard "two more weeks" before???
Clavell
AG
Sorry for duplicate thread, but sh*t. Like long flights aren't a pain anyway this just makes them worse. Flight to and from Puerto Rico later this week will not be fun. Wife has breathing problems and higher than normal heart rate, she is mad as hell. She was already worried about the flight pressure changes as it was.
jetch17
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

And I have my first flight since this whole thing begins next week. So stupid.

Of course I've got a biz trip too - dumb for thinking it would actually be normal for a change
scd88
AG
Let's see what we CAN do without masks:

Gather in stadiums thousands at a time.
Concerts thousands at a time.
Protest and loot thousands at a time (oldie but goodie)

Those are just a few..

But those damn airports and airplanes are SOOPER SPREADERS, y'all. Have you not seen the statistics showing how many Covid cases have sprung up from airports and planes?

Mandates: (insert "I did that" meme)
FriscoKid
AG
Remember, we still have to take off our shoes to go through security.

Once a freedom is taken away it is always almost always gone forever.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Joe with another dumbass decision
PCC_80
AG
LRHF said:

A friend of mine is a pilot and he refuses to wear a mask while he is flying. Told me some Soy Boy Flight Attendant tried to get him to and he put Soy Boy on report or something. Not flying on his plane anymore. Guessing that getting reprimanded from a pilot is not a good mark on your employee records.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FJB
Tramp96
Enough is enough. I'm not a violent person but they are just daring us at this point. Something has to be done. This is beyond insane.
fullback44
AG
So f Ing stupid… sheep like being told what to do,, pure idiots
The Brazos Kid
Got a flight 4/23... after the original 4/18 deadline. Maybe my 5/5 flight won't be affected but at this point, meh.
deddog
AG
Clavell said:

Sorry for duplicate thread, but sh*t. Like long flights aren't a pain anyway this just makes them worse. Flight to and from Puerto Rico later this week will not be fun. Wife has breathing problems and higher than normal heart rate, she is mad as hell. She was already worried about the flight pressure changes as it was.
was on a 16 hour flight. Had fakemask.
But didn't even need that after boarding.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.