Black parents adopt White kids "here's how I want them to use their privilege"

6,247 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nortex97
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGinHI said:

They're good people and good parents, the kind that a child would be blessed to have.
Blessed or #blessed? I'd take the former over the later for sure!
Charpie
AG
There are too many kids out there who need parents. I don't care who adopts who. Skin color should be irrelevant. These kids need parents. Black kids with white parents, white kids with black parents...who cares? As long as they are loved and cared for, I'm all for it.
HTownAg98
This thread did not go as the OP intended.
IndividualFreedom
There is a 95% chance the parents are democrats according to the 2008 general election. This is the sad part of the story and there is a high % chance that those kids will be democrats too (at least until they turn 30ish).
Charpie
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

There is a 95% chance the parents are democrats according to the 2008 general election. This is the sad part of the story and there is a high % chance that those kids will be democrats too (at least until they turn 30ish).
So? What does that have to do with the fact that they adopted kids?
BMX Bandit
When certain posters complain about F16 being a racist/homophobic/nazi etc. etc. place, point them to this thread. only 3 race obsessed mouth breathers have blue-starred the pathetic take in the OP.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Adoption is a good thing, even if the family's politics are a bit extreme.

The molestation rate in the foster care system is through the roof. There are hundreds of thousands of embryos on ice, slowly deteriorating.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
German / Eastern European / Irish dude here.

Married a Portuguese / Puerto Rican /Hispanic wife.

My kid is a conglomerate of basically all things Europe and Native American Caribbean islander.

We are planning on having a lot of kids and adopting after my wife gets tired of getting pregnant.

OP--stop being racist. All babies are beautiful, we just have to get the dems to quit killing them for their own convenience.

HTownAg98
BMX Bandit said:

When certain posters complain about F16 being a racist/homophobic/nazi etc. etc. place, point them to this thread. only 3 race obsessed mouth breathers have blue-starred the pathetic take in the OP.

Sometimes I wish one could see who stars a post.
FrioAg 00
AG
I'll play.

2 of my kiddos are black/mixed. I'm proud of each of them for how they use their position (including race) to influence people to the best of their ability.

They happen to be conservative and Christian, and I do think their background helps them reach others. There are people that listen to them that might not listen to their white siblings.

We are called to use all the things God puts into our lives to love and help others.
dead
AG
BMX Bandit said:

OP also is a massive Holocaust skeptic, as evidenced by their posts in the (derailed) thread about a Canadian law to criminalize Holocaust denial.
some of yall need to take a break from texags before the internet brain worms set in for good
El Chupacabra
I wish my parents would have told me to use my privilege...but being a white Mexican or a Mexican white...not really sure what that looks like. I coulda been a contenda if I had maximized my privilege!
Jeeper79
AG
icrymyselftosleep said:

BMX Bandit said:

OP also is a massive Holocaust skeptic, as evidenced by their posts in the (derailed) thread about a Canadian law to criminalize Holocaust denial.
Ive seen a couple of newish accounts with few posts recently that appear to be either stirring trouble or attempting to radicalize the board. Just kicking in the door to f16 with guns blazing.
Charpie
AG
Good on you, dude.
dead
AG
Jeeper79 said:

icrymyselftosleep said:

BMX Bandit said:

Ive seen a couple of newish accounts with few posts recently that appear to be either stirring trouble or attempting to radicalize the board. Just kicking in the door to f16 with guns blazing.

petroleo y agua comes to mind.
Either they're brand new users or they're alts that people can use to fully express themselves. Or they're trolls doing an excellent job at blending in with the more radical element
some of yall need to take a break from texags before the internet brain worms set in for good
torrid
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Come at me OP:

The OP's point was not about transracial adoption. I don't see how that can be an issue for anyone these days. It was the "here's how I want them to use their privilege" part.
maroonthrunthru
I'm 67 years old and always find it helpful for me to learn from other people's lives and experiences…

The Mom says she will raise her child in "black culture"…

Can a black person describe what "black culture" is…
BMX Bandit
so you think OP meant saying white people are privileged to a kid is what "should not be allowed and everyone knows it"

OK
maroonthrunthru
Will be interesting to see if the other black kids in Junior High and High School are as inclusive of this kid…
BusterAg
AG
icrymyselftosleep said:

Jeeper79 said:

icrymyselftosleep said:

BMX Bandit said:

petroleo y agua comes to mind.
Either they're brand new users or they're alts that people can use to fully express themselves. Or they're trolls doing an excellent job at blending in with the more radical element

I happen to think that the "radical element" on texags is 99 percent trolls.

People set up accounts that are caricatures of conservatives and just say dumb outlandish things.

That's why I call them out, but then get stuck in mud.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms … disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes… . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”

--Thomas Jefferson
BMX Bandit
WestMarylandAg is a great example of that.

but there are in fact a small group of alt-right type race obsessed white nationalists. started with Bustupachiffarobe, and he's gone through numerous user names.
aggie93
AG
Reading the article it sounds like they are good people who weren't going out of their way to have a kid based on skin color at all. They found they couldn't get a black kid that fit the criteria they wanted in terms of having a relationship with the birth parents. Then at the end they throw in the privilege comments and talking about how their kid won't have to worry about being harassed by cops.

I think in the end this will be a great educational opportunity for them to understand that so many of the things they think of as being about race aren't. That being white doesn't make everything easier for you and in many ways can make life harder for you. For instance I assume now their kids won't qualify for any of the scholarships or other benefits that they would had they been black. I think they will also find that they will get more blowback from their black friends about having white kids than they will from the reverse. They will find that their kids have a harder time and not an easier one but if they are loving and supportive (which it sounds like they will be) their kids can overcome it. I think the parents will learn more than the kids.

I'll never forget going to my first mixed marriage wedding of a black man and white woman. They had a traditional service where "The groom is on this side and the bride is on that side". The white bride's side was completely full with all of her family in attendance, at least 150. The black groom had his best man and 3 other people.

Many black people have no idea just how incredibly racist they are simply because they assume they cannot be racist since they are black. They have been told they are victims and that the world is against them. They are told about how easy life is for white people and how they get every advantage. The reality is far different with no better example than looking at how well African immigrants do in the US, especially Nigerians who are about as dark skinned as anyone on the planet and have a distinctive accent and unusual names.

The biggest privileges have nothing to do with race. They have to do with having 2 parents that are involved. It's a huge privilege if you have parents that teach you personal responsibility and a work ethic. Teaching a kid how to manage money. Teaching a kid to be thankful for all the blessings they have in life and not focus on what they don't. Those are the real privileges.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Tex117
AG
What a thread backfire.

You need to reevaluate your position OP.
black_ice
SouthieRex said:

Bottlerocket said:

Did you even read the article or just make a splashy title from the headline? They seem like great people. What's the problem?

So many in this thread are showing why our civilization is crumbling. "What's the problem?" Do you think your grandparents would have to think about the answer to that question??

My papa flew the confederate flag. Just sayin.
samurai_science
AGinHI said:

They're good people and good parents, the kind that a child would be blessed to have.

Bolded part is pure speculation.
dead
AG
black_ice said:

SouthieRex said:

Bottlerocket said:

Did you even read the article or just make a splashy title from the headline? They seem like great people. What's the problem?

So many in this thread are showing why our civilization is crumbling. "What's the problem?" Do you think your grandparents would have to think about the answer to that question??

My papa flew the confederate flag. Just sayin.

OP might think that's an important part of white American culture
Signel
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

The only thing about that article is he assumption they have some kind of privilege. Other than that, I don't see any kind of problem.

Seems OP's, "I'll post a, 'Gotcha!' with this sock and get those racists this time!" didn't work because surprise surprise he's just projecting .
Yep. Funny, the kids will have less opportunities with grant funding and education. They will have plenty of opportunities if they have two parents that care, and are focused on the kid's success.

Imagine that.
IndividualFreedom
Kids tend to vote like their parents.
AGinHI
AG
baron_von_awesome said:

AGinHI said:

It's an inference based on the parents language and behavior described in the article and my own experience as an adoptive parent.

Charpie
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

So kids should just stay in foster care because their parents might be democrats?
dead
AG
Charpie said:

IndividualFreedom said:

So kids should just stay in foster care because their parents might be democrats?

Keeping the kids in a bad situation to own the libs
black_ice
AGinHI said:

baron_von_awesome said:

AGinHI said:

It's an inference based on the parents language and behavior described in the article and my own experience as an adoptive parent.

Their language and behavior? That's racist.
dead
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Democrats should not be allowed to have children. Is that a bold enough stance for you? They vote to eliminate the family, they vote to murder babies, they vote to end individual freedom. Why should they be allowed to brainwash more future adults in support of their cult?
dead
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

Quote:

Democrats should not be allowed to have children. Is that a bold enough stance for you? They vote to eliminate the family, they vote to murder babies, they vote to end individual freedom. Why should they be allowed to brainwash more future adults in support of their cult?

Holy ****, I was kidding around but that's exactly what you want
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.