Herschel Walker

12,786 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by blacksox
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One of the constants I see in people who question evolutionary theory: they have no idea what evolution is. Probably never even sat in on our an evolution lecture, but want to tell us how they've figured out how evolution doesn't work.

Examples:

1. The mitochondria
2. The eye
3. The mistaken belief that things are not constantly evolving and mutating.
BoydCrowder13
LOYAL AG said:

Proc92 said:

Since he's running, I hope he wins. But let's be serious, other than being interesting, likable, and a historic athlete, he has no skill set for policy and I doubt he knows how to maneuver in d.c.

Those that do know how to maneuver in DC are the ones we need to get rid of. I've said a bunch that one of Trump's more endearing traits was not being a DC insider.

You have to be able to navigate DC a bit. Otherwise, you make it onto zero committees and have zero power. Just a social media character and really serve no purpose. You can be an "outsider" and still have the ability to be shrewd.
ArbAg
AG
VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

I don't think that evolution from apes happened.

Ever.
You know how DNA works?

You know there's mutations?

You know how systems get exploited by all life?

Now you know evolution!

Do you know evolution? Okay mutations, so somehow there are sufficient mutations in the human genome to somehow create another life form? Any real evidence demonstrating that so-called science? Have you ever critically thought about what you're espousing as absolute truth? Some book or teacher told you that whole new generation of humankind evolved because some mutations might have occurred - who knows what or when? Archeologists and Darwinism have consistently failed to empirically demonstrate how crude creatures somehow evolved into modern man.

Human development is a function of environment, leadership, psychological advancement and divine intervention. That's what factual humankind history has clearly demonstrated over at least 6,000 years of human existence.
Roll the Bones
Stupe
S
Jay Reimenschneider said:

One of the constants I see in people who question evolutionary theory: they have no idea what evolution is. Probably never even sat in on our an evolution lecture, but want to tell us how they've figured out how evolution doesn't work.

Examples:

1. The mitochondria
2. The eye
One of the constants that I seen in people that rely heavily or completely accept evolutional theory: they can't grasp the idea that people that don't agree with them don't understand it. Or that there is proof of some evolution and adaption but that a lot of it is theory.

Lack of agreement is not lack of understanding.
WolfCall
AG

He sounds like a really great guy. He is one of the greatest athletes of all time. But, I think politics might not be for him. The guy honestly used the age old "if man came from apes then why are there still apes?" line.

I would assume that most people would know that the theory of evolution, whether you believe it or not, says that man and ape evolved from a common ancestor.

Point of this thread?
  • How many people are going to vote for, or against, him on this issue
  • Look at the stupid declarations by the politicians on the Left and our current Brandon in Chief
  • People should be voting a political philosophy and not for the person/candidate who gives them the most feels
  • You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
    VitruvianAg
    AG
    ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Ever.
    You know how DNA works?

Now you know evolution!

Do you know evolution? Okay mutations, so somehow there are sufficient mutations in the human genome to somehow create another life form? Any real evidence demonstrating that so-called science? Have you ever critically thought about what you're espousing as absolute truth? Some book or teacher told you that whole new generation of humankind evolved because some mutations might have occurred - who knows what or when? Archeologists and Darwinism have consistently failed to empirically demonstrate how crude creatures somehow evolved into modern man.

Human development is a function of environment, leadership, psychological advancement and divine intervention. That's what factual humankind history has clearly demonstrated over at least 6,000 years of human existence.
    Dude! Humans; Homo Sapien Spien are at a maximum 300,000 years old! Some people say 100,000, Neanderthal were in Eurasia up until 50,000 years ago. You have Neanderthal genes in you unless you are 100% African.

Genetics, Geology and Paleontology and Physics give us a pretty clear picture.

The oldest human settlement know, at this time, is Gobekli Tepe and it is about 11,000 years old in modern day Turkey.
    Martin Cash
    AG

Honestly, what makes you think that? Do you realize that he has talked about his significant mental illness? He said he has multiple personalities disorder and does not remember the season when he won the heisman(sic).
    Hell, Bidet can't remember yesterday.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
    Stupe
    S
    Quote:

Dude! Humans; Homo Sapien Spien are at a maximum 300,000 years old! Some people say 100,000, Neanderthal were in Eurasia up until 50,000 years ago. You have Neanderthal genes in you unless you are 100% African.

How can you have a "pretty clear" clear picture with a 200,000 year difference and having to use the phrase "some people say"?
    zooguy96
    People who don't believe in evolution don't necessarily not understand how it works. Remember, evolution is indeed a theory, since we can't quantify the full fossil record and are making assumptions based off of those fossils we have which we cannot draw DNA from.

" The big bang theory" is also indeed a theory. A theory is defined as a well supported idea which utilizes evidence to form an understanding of how something occurred.

A Scientific fact would be defined as proceeding through the scientific method and being able to repeat the process an infinite amount of times without having any different results.

Some people use these previously discussed theories as their "religion". Others of us use our faith in Jesus Christ, who we do actually have a historical record of which is well supported from multiple vantage points.

I think sometimes secularists have more faith than Christians in that they believe that all of this came from nothing whereas Christians believe that there is a higher power of which we don't fully understand
    Retired FBI Agent
    Walker is free to believe whatever he wants re: evolution.

More worrisome is his self-admitted past "violent urges":

Quote:

"The logical side of me knew that what I was thinking of doing to this man murdering him for messing up my schedule wasn't a viable alternative," Walker wrote. "But another side of me was so angry that all I could think was how satisfying it would feel to step out of the car, pull out the gun, slip off the safety, and squeeze the trigger."

Ultimately, Walker wrote, he had a change of heart after seeing a "SMILE. JESUS LOVES YOU" bumper sticker on the man's car-hauling truck. He decided to seek professional help.

While there is certainly a grab-bag of questionable characters in congress and on the hill, I don't think Walker represents a net increase in critical thinking skills to the lot.

Source: Herschel Walker

https://tips.fbi.gov/
    1-800-225-5324
    ArbAg
    AG
    Retired FBI Agent said:

Quote:

"The logical side of me knew that what I was thinking of doing to this man murdering him for messing up my schedule wasn't a viable alternative," Walker wrote. "But another side of me was so angry that all I could think was how satisfying it would feel to step out of the car, pull out the gun, slip off the safety, and squeeze the trigger."

Ultimately, Walker wrote, he had a change of heart after seeing a "SMILE. JESUS LOVES YOU" bumper sticker on the man's car-hauling truck. He decided to seek professional help.

While there is certainly a grab-bag of questionable characters in congress and on the hill, I don't think Walker represents a net increase in critical thinking skills to the lot.

That may be true but nonetheless Walker will be a massive upgrade over brainless and illegitimate Warnock!
    TXAGFAN
    AG
    ArbAg said:

Retired FBI Agent said:

Quote:

That may be true but nonetheless Walker will be a massive upgrade over brainless and illegitimate Warnock!
    Warnock stole the election too?
    Sully Dog
    TexAgs91 said:

Sully Dog said:

Don't care. If Walker votes even along the lines of Manchin it's a big win.

How many Americans could also do at least as good as Manchin? Is the GOP really that low on halfway decent candidates? Maybe Georgia is...
    I'm not saying how he will vote, I'm saying almost anything is an upgrade.
    Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
    ArbAg
    AG
    VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Ever.
    You know how DNA works?

Now you know evolution!

The oldest human settlement know, at this time, is Gobekli Tepe and it is about 11,000 years old in modern day Turkey.

Dude! You certainly have the right to claim the beasts you referenced as your lineage but some of us believe divine intervention when God Almighty created Adam and Eve as our own predecessors. No matter what your secular professors may say and write, there is more evidence supporting divine creationism as there is evolution.
    stallion6
    AG

He sounds like a really great guy. He is one of the greatest athletes of all time. But, I think politics might not be for him. The guy honestly used the age old "if man came from apes then why are there still apes?" line.

I would assume that most people would know that the theory of evolution, whether you believe it or not, says that man and ape evolved from a common ancestor.

Not sure what that has to do with being a politician?
    Sully Dog
    pollls are showing these two people at neck and neck. I think the polls are lying again because they want to raise money and keep the base motivated. This will be a blow out. Dems don't turnout well in non-presidential years, people are pissed about the economy and the schools, and Joe. Walker is going to win this by 6-8 points.
    Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
    TexAgs91
    AG
    Sully Dog said:

TexAgs91 said:

Sully Dog said:

Don't care. If Walker votes even along the lines of Manchin it's a big win.

How many Americans could also do at least as good as Manchin? Is the GOP really that low on halfway decent candidates? Maybe Georgia is...
    I'm not saying how he will vote, I'm saying almost anything is an upgrade.

And I agree, but I'm also saying we can raise the bar to not just do better, but to do great.
    America the Beautiful
    1776 - 2020
    richardag

Examples:

1. The mitochondria
    2. The eye
    ATP
    ETA: ATP (adenosine triphosphate) metabolized to ADP (adenosine biphoshate) is the engine of life from bacteria to protozoans to algae to plants to insects to fish to amphibians to reptiles to mammals. Virtually all life on the plant uses ATP for energy storage for use in metabolism.
    Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
    Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
    I Sold DeSantis Lifts
    stallion6 said:

Not sure what that has to do with being a politician?

Do you not think rational thought should be a prerequisite to being a statesman?
    thirdcoast
    AG

TRADUCTOR
    Put this in your sermon and smoke it:
    It's not white people they are after to destroy. White people represent Christianity and that is the true target.

Hershel Walker is a strong Christian and will receive no quarter.
    TRADUCTOR

Examples:

1. The mitochondria
    2. The eye

Then BOOM: Chirality
    VitruvianAg
    AG
    ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Ever.
    You know how DNA works?

Now you know evolution!

Dude! You certainly have the right to claim the beasts you referenced as your lineage but some of us believe divine intervention when God Almighty created Adam and Eve as our own predecessors. No matter what your secular professors may say and write, there is more evidence supporting divine creationism as there is evolution.
    So, you're African?
    VitruvianAg
    AG
    Stupe said:

Quote:

How can you have a "pretty clear" clear picture with a 200,000 year difference and having to use the phrase "some people say"?
    200,000 years is a blink of an eye when not much technology changes other than how you chip the flint to make a weapon or tool. Fire was discovered around 1.3-4 million years ago. Picking bones and making tools with them lasted a long time before we could fashion stone. Then think about the ages of Copper, Bronze, Iron and steel and put human knowledge in the same trajectory.

Because it's a science with a lot of learned people looking at, confirming and discovering more and more information, some of it sometimes puzzling.

It's not rocket science, it's different. Plenty of measuring equipment rooted in science employed here.

Who is to say how God did what he did, an ancient text of a story incapable of being understood by the intended audience?

You might choose to believe the simple model described to those unable to comprehend today's knowledge; rather not.
    ArbAg
    AG
    TXAGFAN said:

ArbAg said:

Retired FBI Agent said:

Quote:

Warnock stole the election too?

Glad you asked, yes! There is emerging evidence that the dems in Georgia did orchestrate considerable fraud with Abrams at the wheel.
    TRADUCTOR
    VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Quote:

200,000 years is a blink of an eye when not much technology changes other than how you chip the flint to make a weapon or tool. Fire was discovered around 1.3-4 million years ago. Picking bones and making tools with them lasted a long time before we could fashion stone. Then think about the ages of Copper, Bronze, Iron and steel and put human knowledge in the same trajectory.

Because it's a science with a lot of learned people looking at, confirming and discovering more and more information, some of it sometimes puzzling.

It's not rocket science, it's different. Plenty of measuring equipment rooted in science employed here.

Who is to say how God did what he did, an ancient text of a story incapable of being understood by the intended audience?

You might choose to believe the simple model described to those unable to comprehend today's knowledge; rather not.

Today's knowledge is simple.
    ArbAg
    AG
    VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Ever.
    You know how DNA works?

Now you know evolution!

So, you're African?

If the Garden of Eden was located in Africa instead of the Middle East, we all have African roots.
    I Sold DeSantis Lifts
    ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

ArbAg said:

VitruvianAg said:

Stupe said:

Ever.
    You know how DNA works?

Now you know evolution!

So, you're African?

If the Garden of Eden was located in Africa instead of the Middle East, we all have African roots.

I'm intrigued. What evidence is there of divine creation?
    backintexas2013
    AG
    None. Same with evolution. Scientists say we have a missing link. So it seems nobody knows.

I believe in evolution but the only missing link I know was a professional wrestler in Mid-south.
    BluHorseShu
    AG
    Gap said:

Who cares? Look at our president. That kind of deep thinking would never even cross his mind to consider.

I'd trust Hershel more than 90% of politicians to make the best and most honest choices for our country.
    That still means we're screwed. Its depressing that more often than not our only options are choosing which politician sucks less
    Dan Scott
    AG
    He gives me Christine O'Donnell vibes.
    Claverack

Isn't part of the problem we're having in this country resting in the fact we elect far too many people whose sole experience in life is entirely in the realm of the political?

Look at our President. He would struggle to shovel **** outside of politics, where he holds his job precisely for the fact that he is a complete dullard and non-entity.

sleepybeagle
    AG

I'm not a biologist... but you seem to know stuff.

Help me with this... Dogs came from wolves too right? Common evolutionary knowledge right? Good scientific forensic science looking into the past...

Show me one scientific study where you can breed wolves and come up with ANTHING other than a wolf? I'm serious.

And be careful with "well... you need long long periods of time to prove this theory..." Just remember most people, weather you believe it or not. learn in algebra that multiplying any problem by infinity isn't allowed right? Because with infinity you can prove anything... like 2 = 3.
    File5
    AG
    So if I cross an ape and a wolf, will I get a chupacabra? No one has even tried to answer this question for me!

As for Herschel, he may not be a biologist, but neither is KBJ. The world gone crazy.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.