Herschel Walker

12,764 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by blacksox
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sleepybeagle said:

Jay Reimenschneider said:

He sounds like a really great guy. He is one of the greatest athletes of all time. But, I think politics might not be for him. The guy honestly used the age old "if man came from apes then why are there still apes?" line.

I would assume that most people would know that the theory of evolution, whether you believe it or not, says that man and ape evolved from a common ancestor.
I'm not a biologist... but you seem to know stuff.

Help me with this... Dogs came from wolves too right? Common evolutionary knowledge right? Good scientific forensic science looking into the past...

Show me one scientific study where you can breed wolves and come up with ANTHING other than a wolf? I'm serious.

And be careful with "well... you need long long periods of time to prove this theory..." Just remember most people, weather you believe it or not. learn in algebra that multiplying any problem by infinity isn't allowed right? Because with infinity you can prove anything... like 2 = 3.

I'm not saying evolution is necessarily right or wrong. But saying man evolved from an ape is an intentionally stated straw man. The theory is that they evolved from a common ancestor.

I believe you are conflating evolution with intentional domestication of animals by humans. Domestication is evident: we have farm pigs but there are also still wild pigs in Europe and Asia (let's avoid the issue of feral animals). Dogs did not evolve from wolves. I cannot imagine an evolutionary purpose of moving from a wolf to a chihuahua.
VitruvianAg
AG
sleepybeagle said:

He sounds like a really great guy. He is one of the greatest athletes of all time. But, I think politics might not be for him. The guy honestly used the age old "if man came from apes then why are there still apes?" line.

I would assume that most people would know that the theory of evolution, whether you believe it or not, says that man and ape evolved from a common ancestor.

Help me with this... Dogs came from wolves too right? Common evolutionary knowledge right? Good scientific forensic science looking into the past...

Show me one scientific study where you can breed wolves and come up with ANTHING other than a wolf? I'm serious.

And be careful with "well... you need long long periods of time to prove this theory..." Just remember most people, weather you believe it or not. learn in algebra that multiplying any problem by infinity isn't allowed right? Because with infinity you can prove anything... like 2 = 3.
I'm no biologist either, doesn't prevent me from understanding the environment I'm part of.

So much wrong with that second bold. The Russians have done it with Fox. You want to breed wolves with other wolves to get something other than a wolf? That's possible, how many generations are you willing to breed in order to modify their behavior, because that's what you would be doing and then who knows what other traits you would also be altering, you know like their form, (see Russian Fox above). Kind of like humans have done with cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens and all sorts of barnyard animals and plants all over the world. Intended selection as opposed to natural selection, if you would like to substitute God for natural, that's okay too. This was understood 200 years ago by a guy and some peas.

If you really want to learn something:

"How the Dog became the Dog: From Wolves to our best friends" by Mark Derr, 8:22 Hrs at normal speed... These days you can pay somebody $50 take the DNA of any mutt dog and figure out what it ancestral breeds are.

"The Invaders: How Humans and their Dogs Drove Neanderthals to Extinction" By Pat Shipman 7:20 Hrs at normal speed.

Neanderthals and Denisovans were real, or are they just a myth along with Dinosaurs, and the creatures of the Pleistocene and all of the Geologic Epochs.

Can't help it if not intellectually curious.

As for Mr. Walker and his religion, I'm okay with it as I am with ArbAg's. You may still want to relieve a headache with some leaches..... go for it!

Just don't confuse your religion with reality and don't vote with the Marxists!
VitruvianAg
AG

sleepybeagle said:

I'm not saying evolution is necessarily right or wrong. But saying man evolved from an ape is an intentionally stated straw man. The theory is that they evolved from a common ancestor.

I believe you are conflating evolution with intentional domestication of animals by humans. Domestication is evident: we have farm pigs but there are also still wild pigs in Europe and Asia (let's avoid the issue of feral animals). Dogs did not evolve from wolves. I cannot imagine an evolutionary purpose of moving from a wolf to a chihuahua.
You are not serious!

Domestication implies modifying behavior. Breeding is most definitely human induced evolution.

You really can't imagine why people would want to breed a dog to look like a puppy all its life? You must not hang around with women!
Retired FBI Agent
Dan Scott said:

He gives me Christine O'Donnell vibes.
I recall she was not a fan of gays.
https://tips.fbi.gov/
1-800-225-5324
VitruvianAg
AG
Retired FBI Agent said:

Dan Scott said:

He gives me Christine O'Donnell vibes.
I recall she was not a fan of gays.
Oh yea, the witch, instead you got that twitbrain Cooms!
ArbAg
AG
VitruvianAg said:

sleepybeagle said:

I'm no biologist either, doesn't prevent me from understanding the environment I'm part of.

So much wrong with that second bold. The Russians have done it with Fox. You want to breed wolves with other wolves to get something other than a wolf? That's possible, how many generations are you willing to breed in order to modify their behavior, because that's what you would be doing and then who knows what other traits you would also be altering, you know like their form, (see Russian Fox above). Kind of like humans have done with cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens and all sorts of barnyard animals and plants all over the world. Intended selection as opposed to natural selection, if you would like to substitute God for natural, that's okay too. This was understood 200 years ago by a guy and some peas.

If you really want to learn something:

"How the Dog became the Dog: From Wolves to our best friends" by Mark Derr, 8:22 Hrs at normal speed... These days you can pay somebody $50 take the DNA of any mutt dog and figure out what it ancestral breeds are.

"The Invaders: How Humans and their Dogs Drove Neanderthals to Extinction" By Pat Shipman 7:20 Hrs at normal speed.

Neanderthals and Denisovans were real, or are they just a myth along with Dinosaurs, and the creatures of the Pleistocene and all of the Geologic Epochs.

Can't help it if not intellectually curious.

As for Mr. Walker and his religion, I'm okay with it as I am with ArbAg's. You may still want to relieve a headache with some leaches..... go for it!

Just don't confuse your religion with reality and don't vote with the Marxists!

The reality is if one truly holds to the evolution model for the development of mankind, mathematicians who have studied the likelihood of evolution say its like believing at a tornado can hit a junkyard and somehow magically create a 747 from the wreckage.
Marcus Brutus
Russians bred foxes and it produced something other than a fox? I guess they kept that study well hidden.
VitruvianAg
AG
Marcus Brutus said:

Russians bred foxes and it produced something other than a fox? I guess they kept that study well hidden.

No, it's still a Fox in every way, it's just that it's domesticated, kind of like a cat.

Cats haven't coexisted with humans as long as wolves, or rather, dogs. Canine have coexisted with early humans and Neanderthal (I mean if you believe they were a branch of human). Neanderthal died out 30-50k YAG.

That's a long time ago, compared to some magical 6,000 years.
fka ftc
There are many folk, smart folk, who can have a strong faith in God and also accept evolution. My personal beliefs align to an extent with "guided hand" or Theistic evolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

I cannot disregard the preponderance of evidence and scientific research that supports adaption and evolutionary principles as living forms adapt to their environments. At the same time, I do not believe the complex life and intelligence we see today happened because of odds and a lucky roll of the dice.
VitruvianAg
AG
fka ftc said:

There are many folk, smart folk, who can have a strong faith in God and also accept evolution. My personal beliefs align to an extent with "guided hand" or Theistic evolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

I cannot disregard the preponderance of evidence and scientific research that supports adaption and evolutionary principles as living forms adapt to their environments. At the same time, I do not believe the complex life and intelligence we see today happened because of odds and a lucky roll of the dice.

Exactly, science and God are not mutually exclusive!
TRADUCTOR
Some tv show- 5 generations of breeding wolves till domesticated. Evolution theory is belief you could keep breeding the wolves and then boom poodles. Along the way of this process you could not capitalize and sell the cutest wolfoodles cause pesky ass missing link theory gives you boom wolfoodles. You just have faith there will be opportunity make bank selling wolfoodles.
Jmiller
Walker is a piece of work

Artorias
AG
Daily Beast reporter. I am sure he is totally unbiased and honest
Jmiller
His campaign already confirmed it.
Ribbed Paultz
Artorias
AG
Jmiller said:

His campaign already confirmed it.
Then he needs to practice what he preaches.

Still light years better Senate candidate than the Dem.
Rapier108
An Act Blue blast went out I see.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
zoneag
This latest news will definitely make people vote for the party of rainbow dildo butt monkey.
sam callahan
Bad on him.

But I'm still not supporting whatever Democrat he is running against.

I need someone to protect my freedoms - not teach me evolution or fatherhood.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Jmiller and the Pathetic Sock.

Sounds like a terrible band.
Boo Weekley
He did bad things in his past, liberals ARE bad things in the present. Parasites destroying a host. He's got my support despite any blemishes or past misdeeds. He prob suffers from severe CTE and is still miles better than any white liberal to ever exist.
TxTarpon
HW has the name.
Like Ben Carson he says some really odd stuff.
Sounds like a good fit to be a politician.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Nitro Power
AG
Should have been more of a role model father like Biden, you know since his kids turned out great
Keller6Ag91
AG
CM Trump Voter said:

The actual quote is "Science said at one time….", which it did.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
blacksox
CM Trump Voter said:

sleepybeagle said:

Dogs did not evolve from wolves? Love it. Comin in hooot!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.