I will never buy an electric powered vehicle.

421,584 Views | 6755 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by hph6203
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grew up in Amarillo and it was 300 miles to anywhere else besides Lubbock. Now my closest family is 200 miles away with no nearby airports. 2 to 3 trips a year from Dallas to New Orleans. Drive 12 - 15k miles per year over the last 40 years. Having to rely on an EV would suck for me.

ETA - just recalculated and I'm actually driving 17K plus miles per year so my estimate above is way low. FWIW
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
"You don't have to get an EV. We're just going to levy crazy regulations on gas powered vehicles that makes them a much more expensive and utility limited option than they should be"
aggiedata
AG
baseballaficionado
Gunny456 said:

And just exactly how much of our tax dollars has been funneled to the auto makers for the sudden push on EV's? Anybody believing that is not happening is uneducated. Just look at the solar and wind power subsidies that we the tax payer pay for b

I remeber Solyndra!
TAMUallen
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

We make a 750 mile trip to the gulf numerous times per year. EV would be an absolute no go. Even day trips down to Aggieland that are 400 miles round trip would suck having to be strategic on figuring how to get a charge while there
Even worse would be if you traveled on a gameday weekend and there's no place for you to charge
whoop1995
AG
How long does it take to make a battery? Joe Biden is using the defense production act in order to mine minerals to make batteries to speed up ev production in order to ween ourselves from oil.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/31/business/economy/biden-minerals-defense-production-act.html

From raw dirt to a car battery how long does this process take?

We have already determined it would take a long long time to make enough cars for everyone let alone the infrastructure to support them all.
DannyDuberstein
AG
TAMUallen said:

DannyDuberstein said:

We make a 750 mile trip to the gulf numerous times per year. EV would be an absolute no go. Even day trips down to Aggieland that are 400 miles round trip would suck having to be strategic on figuring how to get a charge while there
Even worse would be if you traveled on a gameday weekend and there's no place for you to charge

Exactly. Now the EV unicorn fart answer is "we'll have charging available", which is gonna be bull**** when 100k people are in for the game
BuddysBud
AG
Gunny456 said:

And just exactly how much of our tax dollars has been funneled to the auto makers for the sudden push on EV's? Anybody believing that is not happening is uneducated. Just look at the solar and wind power subsidies that we the tax payer pay for b

Slight but relevant derailment:

Our government stopped spending tax dollars a long time ago. Now they just create money out of nothing to pay for pet projects like EVs, normal government services, and interest on the imaginary funds that they keep spending. It's almost as if our political "leaders" believe that uncontrolled spending on worthless projects magically creates more more money.

EVs might be the best vehicles in the future. If we would let the market work we likely would have better EVs or a far superior technology for transportation that is affordable, comfortable, clean, and practical.

Every time the government forces one technology over another we end up getting something worse than we would have had from free market development.
baseballaficionado
I really believe it is more sinster than it seems at face value. It all goes back to the WEF and the "you will own nothing and be happy." They are setting the stage for you to eat crap, take public transportation, etc.

100% EV is not sustainable and they know that. It is about killing an industry, to **** you over, knowing it has zero impact on them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
baseballaficionado said:

I really believe it is more sinster than it seems at face value. It all goes back to the WEF and the "you will own nothing and be happy." They are setting the stage for you to eat crap, take public transportation, etc.

100% EV is not sustainable and they know that. It is about killing an industry, to **** you over, knowing it has zero impact on them.

I do think there is a sinister component, but the bigger factor is that many of these people have childlike thought processes. The liberal mind is so similar to a child's. They are unable to think through all of the angles, variables, exceptions, and issues, and they really just fixate on their own idealized perspective and wants
magnumtmp
AG
Gunny456 said:

Batteries go bad. No matter how good the technology. No one..... Tesla, Ford, GM, Nissan will tell you how long the batteries will last nor how much replacement batteries will be.
Friend of mine owns a Ford dealership. He has no idea on either of those two questions.
He has heard replacement batteries could be 25k or better. Who knows?
As soon as they build a 3/4 ton truck that can pull a horse or cattle trailer or a 23 ft bay boat and charge up in the length of time it takes to fill a tank of diesel I'll take a look.
I also don't want to be a slave to an electric company who is the only game in town to get kilowatt hours for whatever price they choose.

To add to the bolded, all it takes is to add a politicians son (with 10% to the big guy) to the electrical companies board for $500K a year to keep protection for those high prices.

I don't trust our politicians enough to support EVs. You give them a blank slate, they WILL take advantage. No maybe to it.
Hoyt Ag
AG
I live in a remote CO town of 1000 people with 2 gas stations, and 3 places to dine. Very simple life. We now have 2 Teslas rolling around town by one of Mike Bloombergs kiddos and another by a ranchers wife. Kinda funny when I have dinner with the ranchers family. They want a plug in station in town, but no one wants to invest the capital.

I am a consultant 8 months of the year and a big game guide the last 4 months of the year. I can go 1100 miles in my F350 witha 65gal diesel tank. Wake me up when Elon makes something comparable, especially when trying to go out on forest service roads to pack a 1200lb animal out.
SunrayAg
AG
GAC06 said:

94AGBQ said:

I'll buy an electric car when I can get 500 miles on a full charge and it only takes 10 minutes to charge completely at a station when I'm on the road.

My car could do maybe 375 miles without stopping (all highway). How many times have you travelled 500 miles, stopped for ten minutes, then travelled another 500 miles?
Do it all the time, in all kinds of weather.

The fallacy that electric vehicles are clean is laughable. Absolutely laughable.

Lithium mine...

pipeline...
TAMUallen
AG
It'll be a decade, unless there's some crazy invention, to go more than 1,000 miles in any electric.

and I'll qualify this... any comparable vehicle such as a diesel truck that can cheaply add a tank in the bed
TxAgswin
AG
Honestly never understood why people think electric vehicles are "clean". Where do they think that power comes from?
"A house divided cannot stand"

Abraham Lincoln
waitwhat?
GAC06 said:

94AGBQ said:

I'll buy an electric car when I can get 500 miles on a full charge and it only takes 10 minutes to charge completely at a station when I'm on the road.

My car could do maybe 375 miles without stopping (all highway). How many times have you travelled 500 miles, stopped for ten minutes, then travelled another 500 miles?

This isn't common but it's not uncommon. I do it when I go on trips. Maybe not 500 miles, but 300-400.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
agent-maroon
AG
I've heard quite a lot about peak oil without seeing it happen. But you never hear anything about peak rare earth metals. Wonder what the "rare" part of the description is referring to?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
waitwhat?
TxAgswin said:

Honestly never understood why people think electric vehicles are "clean". Where do they think that power comes from?

They don't think. They're stupid.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
TAMUallen
AG
agent-maroon said:

I've heard quite a lot about peak oil without seeing it happen. But you never hear anything about peak rare earth metals. Wonder what the "rare" part of the description is referring to?
Sir, you're talking about a new technology that the plebes don't understand and has not been demonized by a for sale media.
DannyDuberstein
AG
TxAgswin said:

The wall. Duh??!!
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Batteries aren't there and for you sad greenies recycling is even further away (think impractical and nonexistent).
DannyDuberstein
AG
How many miles do I get when it's 40 degrees and I'm fighting a 20mph north wind for 200 miles? Or when it's 100 and I'm fighting a 20mph south wind for 200 miles? Lots of those 400+ mile Aggieland trips from DFW face one or the other
TAMUallen
AG
waitwhat? said:

TxAgswin said:

They don't think. They're stupid.
They do think. They just stay simple minded and assume credentials for organizations that have been bought off by the highest bidder for decades. Beyond highest bidder they now have political bidders that weigh more than immediate dollars since they are long term buyers who will pay anything it takes and they don't have to pay with private dollars.

In the end, people think that the news channels and global warming hype is real. Therefore they believe they are doing good by transitioning to a green energy... because green is good and nobody ever really checks how green it is

Want to go green? Go nuclear you empty minded plebes
DannyDuberstein
AG
Absolutely. Nuclear is the answer. Anyone not willing to acknowledge that is either stupid or has another agenda.
'03ag
These threads are are just an excuse to say "my use case is the only one worth considering"
TAMUallen
AG
'03ag said:

These threads are are just an excuse to say "my use case is the only one worth considering"
Or more like how the world works doesn't look like urban voters only
DannyDuberstein
AG
'03ag said:

This is a ridiculous take. No one is talking about putting restrictions on EV. We just want options vs the government picking and choosing winners by sending credits to one while burdening or banning another. We're smart enough to realize there are a wide variety of use cases and want to keep all options on the table
TAMUallen
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

'03ag said:

This is a ridiculous take. No one is talking about putting restrictions on EV. We just want options vs the government picking and choosing winners by sending credits to one while burdening or banning another
End ****ing diesel exhaust fluid restrictions already it kills engines, it kills mpg, it kills everything but libs feel good about them yet know NOTHING about diesel
MouthBQ98
AG
Plug in hybrids make a little sense. Electric short range, but still range and quick refueling if needed.
TAMUallen
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Plug in hybrids make a little sense. Electric short range, but still range and quick refueling if needed.
If existing fuels aren't extinguished and then blame Russia for all of the Biden administration activities

Then it'll be blame China for not giving us enough solar panels and windmills...

We were energy independent yet somehow it is everybody else's fault besides our current administration
whoop1995
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

TxAgswin said:

The wall. Duh??!!
That's funny! Just after a hurricane in Houston a guy came into my store and was all pissed off that the McDonald's in our parking lot was shut down. He asked why and I told him the manager sold all the food they could. They ran out and shut down as the shipment was delayed for weather. Duh hurricane.

The guy then says back to me " well I got here why couldn't those trucks I live in the neighborhood just over there?" As he points to across the street. He walked to my store.

I just stared at him in amazement and told him to have a nice day.

For some logistics is not their cup of tea.

'03ag
DannyDuberstein said:

'03ag said:

This is a ridiculous take. No one is talking about putting restrictions on EV. We just want options vs the government picking and choosing winners by sending credits to one while burdening or banning another. We're smart enough to realize there are a wide variety of use cases and want to keep all options on the table
This response is full of projection. I'm staunchly against EV subsidies. That doesn't change the fact that this thread is full of people making use case arguments for no reason.
TAMUallen
AG
'03ag said:

DannyDuberstein said:

'03ag said:

This response is full of projection. I'm staunchly against EV subsidies. That doesn't change the fact that this thread is full of people making use case arguments for no reason.
Please do cite, I'm curious
WolfCall
AG
Thanks for posting OP!

Lest we forget. This man had the right idea about electric cars:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10339169/Owner-blows-Tesla-protest-17-000-cost-replacing-battery-Finland.html
Quote:

Owner blows up his Tesla and incinerates an effigy of Elon Musk inside in protest at 17,000 cost of replacing the battery in Finland

• Tuomas Katainen blew up his Tesla S Model 2012 with 66lbs of dynamite
  • The car's battery failed, and he was faced with a whopping 17,000 repair bill
  • Instead, he contacted contacted the local Youtubers Pommijtkt 'bomb dudes'
  • With their help, he rigged his Tesla with the explosives and blew it smithereens
By CHRIS JEWERS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:28 EDT, 23 December 2021 | UPDATED: 08:00 EDT, 23 December 2021
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
BuddysBud
AG
baseballaficionado said:

It probably is a coincidence that the State of Washington requiring all electric vehicles by 2030 coincides with the year that the WEF plan to complete their reset to, "you will own nothing and be happy".
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.