Ukraine Nazis

14,010 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by torrid
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agthatbuilds said:

Jay Reimenschneider said:

It's far easier to use a predetermined emoji than to respond, huh?

It warrants nothing more

You clearly thought it warranted a response. You just weren't able to formulate it.

Tell me one thing in what I said was factually incorrect.
cbr
AG
Not advocating for nazi's but you people surprised about some nazi sympathisers in ukraine must not know any history.

The soviets/bolsheviks killed more ukrainians in peace time than the nazis killed , anywhere, ever. Hell they killed more ukrainian jews than the nazis did in the entire holocaust.

The nazi's actually liberated ukraine, and were received with parades and flowers at first. Only when the ss came in behind the army did a majority of ukrainians decide theyd rather be ruled by murderous tyrants that spoke russian than those who spoke german.

In hindsight from ukraine's perspective it would be very hard to say whether nazis would have been better rulers. Thus the. Split of opinion.
aTmAg
AG

It's interesting to see how this is going down. It's oddly familiar to the covid issue. We've got a lot of people on here that are extremely passionate about how Russia is bad and Ukraine good.

Unfortunately, I think so many are trying to apply the red/blue dichotomy to a rainbow. I also find it particularly interesting that Russia invaded a sovereign nation. I guess we all forgot about Iraq and he lies about WMDs.

Lots of war hawks on here sitting behind their keyboards. Similar to the Q thread or the Covid board, so many experts about tactics and strategy. It's actually very pathetic.
Incorrect info != lies

It's a lie for democrats (and you) to call that a lie. Democrat and Republican politicians alike were talking about Saddam's WMDs prior to the war. It wasn't until afterwards that democrats pretended they never said it themselves and started calling W a "liar".

I think Saddam's underlings and scientists were lying to him about WMDs so they they didn't get lowered feet first into wood chippers like Saddam did with others who disappointed him. And that our intel was getting that info.
Agthatbuilds
Lol. Whatever floats your boat.
Aggie4Life02
AG
aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Maybe both sides in the Ukraine/Russia war are a-holes. Just a thought.
Maybe you are as wrong about that as you were about Russia never setting foot in Ukraine.

You should run away for a year or two. Maybe people will forget.

No thanks. Feel free to hit the ignore button if I hurt your feelings.
It's clearly not MY feelings aren't hurt. Your foolish opinions need to be broadcast to the world so newcomers know to ignore you.

Sorry, Nostradamus. I didn't realize you've never made a wrong prediction. Didn't realize that makes me the black sheep in your book. I admitted I was wrong about that. It doesn't mean I'm wrong here or about everything else. That's just a way for you to rationalize your own BS opinions to yourself.

Go see a shrink and deal with your own insecurities.
The point was that it was so OBVIOUSLY wrong. The entire world was predicting the invasion. Except you.

If you are that wrong about THAT, then you clearly are wrong about lots of other FP things.

Warmongers so wrong about war that they have to constantly create false flags and lie to get wars started. Now they finally get one right and think they are vindicated. Every squirrel finds his nut now and again. Great job.
You can't call anybody wrong on foreign policy ever. That is like Biden calling Milton Friedman an idiot on economics.

I can do whatever the F I want, John McCain.
Clearly you do say WHATEVER you want. No matter how much you embarrass yourself. (And I never voted for John McCain)

You sure as $#!+ act like him.
Did he point out somebody who was being an obvious idiot on foreign policy? If so, then in that aspect I am acting just like him. But that would be the only similarity.

You probably voted for Obama, now that I think about it.
Speaking of.. didn't you also defend Obama sending pallets of money to IRAN. How many ways can you be so laughably wrong? If Canada invaded us, would you defend Canada too?

Iran invaded us? Why would they invade us when we destroyed their Sunni enemies in Iraq and handed them over the entire country.

Seriously. Who did you vote for in 2008?
You were fine with paying them terrorism money in exchange for waiting a few minutes on their nuke program. That just goes to show how wrong you are on every foreign policy decision. Biden wrong. Which is about as wrong as it gets.

(And I wrote in Peter Schiff)

Seriously? Peter Schiff, the gold bug who has literally been wrong about everything he has ever predicted?
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
aTmAg said:

It's interesting to see how this is going down. It's oddly familiar to the covid issue. We've got a lot of people on here that are extremely passionate about how Russia is bad and Ukraine good.

Unfortunately, I think so many are trying to apply the red/blue dichotomy to a rainbow. I also find it particularly interesting that Russia invaded a sovereign nation. I guess we all forgot about Iraq and he lies about WMDs.

Lots of war hawks on here sitting behind their keyboards. Similar to the Q thread or the Covid board, so many experts about tactics and strategy. It's actually very pathetic.
Incorrect info != lies

It's a lie for democrats (and you) to call that a lie. Democrat and Republican politicians alike were talking about Saddam's WMDs prior to the war. It wasn't until afterwards that democrats pretended they never said it themselves and started calling W a "liar".

I think Saddam's underlings and scientists were lying to him about WMDs so they they didn't get lowered feet first into wood chippers like Saddam did with others who disappointed him. And that our intel was getting that info.

So know we are going to pretend that it was "incorrect" information and not a lie? How many US soldiers or Iraqis are dead or disabled because of that lie?

Not a democrat. Supported Bush and the war. But, I learned that my government can lie to me.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm still waiting for you to point out something that I said that's false.
aTmAg
AG
Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

aTmAg said:

Aggie4Life02 said:

Maybe both sides in the Ukraine/Russia war are a-holes. Just a thought.
Maybe you are as wrong about that as you were about Russia never setting foot in Ukraine.

You should run away for a year or two. Maybe people will forget.

No thanks. Feel free to hit the ignore button if I hurt your feelings.
It's clearly not MY feelings aren't hurt. Your foolish opinions need to be broadcast to the world so newcomers know to ignore you.

Sorry, Nostradamus. I didn't realize you've never made a wrong prediction. Didn't realize that makes me the black sheep in your book. I admitted I was wrong about that. It doesn't mean I'm wrong here or about everything else. That's just a way for you to rationalize your own BS opinions to yourself.

Go see a shrink and deal with your own insecurities.
The point was that it was so OBVIOUSLY wrong. The entire world was predicting the invasion. Except you.

If you are that wrong about THAT, then you clearly are wrong about lots of other FP things.

Warmongers so wrong about war that they have to constantly create false flags and lie to get wars started. Now they finally get one right and think they are vindicated. Every squirrel finds his nut now and again. Great job.
You can't call anybody wrong on foreign policy ever. That is like Biden calling Milton Friedman an idiot on economics.

I can do whatever the F I want, John McCain.
Clearly you do say WHATEVER you want. No matter how much you embarrass yourself. (And I never voted for John McCain)

You sure as $#!+ act like him.
Did he point out somebody who was being an obvious idiot on foreign policy? If so, then in that aspect I am acting just like him. But that would be the only similarity.

You probably voted for Obama, now that I think about it.
Speaking of.. didn't you also defend Obama sending pallets of money to IRAN. How many ways can you be so laughably wrong? If Canada invaded us, would you defend Canada too?

Iran invaded us? Why would they invade us when we destroyed their Sunni enemies in Iraq and handed them over the entire country.

Seriously. Who did you vote for in 2008?
You were fine with paying them terrorism money in exchange for waiting a few minutes on their nuke program. That just goes to show how wrong you are on every foreign policy decision. Biden wrong. Which is about as wrong as it gets.

(And I wrote in Peter Schiff)

Seriously? Peter Schiff, the gold bug who has literally been wrong about everything he has ever predicted?
Dude is stinking rich by correctly predicting the Dot-com and housing crisis. He hasn't been wrong on anything.
aTmAg
AG

aTmAg said:

Incorrect info != lies

So know we are going to pretend that it was "incorrect" information and not a lie? How many US soldiers or Iraqis are dead or disabled because of that lie?

Not a democrat. Supported Bush and the war. But, I learned that my government can lie to me.
So you are either ignorant or are a liar. Democrats were talking about WMDs before W ever got elected and during:

Quote:

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators.""Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"I mean, we have three different countries that, while they all present serious problems for the United States -- they're dictatorships, they're involved in the development and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction -- you know, the most imminent, clear and present threat to our country is not the same from those three countries. I think Iraq is the most serious and imminent threat to our country."
-- Sen. John Edwards (D, NC) Feb. 24, 2002

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed. We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Edward Kennedy (D, MA) Sep. 27, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."
-- State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois) Oct. 2, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
-- Senator John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 7, 2002

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."
-- Sen. Harry Reid (D. NV) Oct. 9, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."
-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003

Then these same jackasses turned around around and called W a "liar" after THEY said the EXACT SAME THINGS FOR YEARS.

So yeah, it's likely that BOTH sides were going off of incorrect information.

Now that you know... Every subsequent assertion by you that W was "lying" is itself a lie.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
You were using the invasion of a sovereign nation as a basis for Russia being evil. I showed you that we also invaded a sovereign nation. Our invasion was based on pretext...whether intentional or unintentional, the result was the same.

Let's just not try to pretend this is cut and dry, black and white the way it has been packaged by the media.

Asking a question or pointing out that somethings don't add up doesn't = support for Putin.
Agthatbuilds

Agthatbuilds said:

You didn't state any facts, just some word salad of poorly reasoned opinions most made up of logical fallacies.
aTmAg
AG

You were using the invasion of a sovereign nation as a basis for Russia being evil. I showed you that we also invaded a sovereign nation. Our invasion was based on pretext...whether intentional or unintentional, the result was the same.
In this context, intent is EVERYTHING. Saddam absolutely provoked the US over and over. He invaded Kuwait, tried to assassinate a former US president, shot at US aircraft in violation of their cease fire agreement, violated inspections in violation of that agreement, and much more. THAT ALONE was enough to punish him. Us thinking he had WMDs was the huge cherry on top, because a tyrant who has no problem invading neighboring nations should NEVER have nukes. That is why we are okay with France having nukes but not Saddam.

Ukraine has done NOTHING to deserve invasion. So no, your "analogy" fails on every front possible.

Quote:

Let's just not try to pretend this is cut and dry, black and white the way it has been packaged by the media.
It is every bit as cut and dry as who was wrong in Saddam's invasion of Kuwait. Very few wars in our lifetime is as cut and dry as this one.

Quote:

Asking a question or pointing out that somethings don't add up doesn't = support for Putin.

This is the typical retort after someone properly gets their heads kicked in. Such as with 9/11 truthers. As if you were merely "asking questions" or whatever is all you were doing. Don't try to pull that crap on us. We aren't stupid.
Aggie4Life02
AG
aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

Incorrect info != lies

So you are either ignorant or are a liar. Democrats were talking about WMDs before W ever got elected and during:

Quote:

Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade and much of his nation's wealth not on providing for the Iraqi people but on developing nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
-- President Bill Clinton (State of the Union Address), Jan. 27, 1998

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"No one has done what Saddam Hussein has done, or is thinking of doing. He is producing weapons of mass destruction, and he is qualitatively and quantitatively different from other dictators.""Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"I mean, we have three different countries that, while they all present serious problems for the United States -- they're dictatorships, they're involved in the development and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction -- you know, the most imminent, clear and present threat to our country is not the same from those three countries. I think Iraq is the most serious and imminent threat to our country."
-- Sen. John Edwards (D, NC) Feb. 24, 2002

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." "
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"There is no doubt that Saddam Hussein's regime is a serious danger, that he is a tyrant, and that his pursuit of lethal weapons of mass destruction cannot be tolerated. He must be disarmed. We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Edward Kennedy (D, MA) Sep. 27, 2002

"Now let me be clear -- I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him."
-- State Senator Barack Obama (Democrat, Illinois) Oct. 2, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"My position is very clear: The time has come for decisive action to eliminate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
-- Senator John Edwards (D, NC), Oct. 7, 2002

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."
-- Sen. Harry Reid (D. NV) Oct. 9, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons."
-- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D. CA) Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."
-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

I asked very direct questions of the top people in the CIA and people who'd served in the Clinton administration. And they said they believed that Saddam Hussein either had weapons or had the components of weapons or the ability to quickly make weapons of mass destruction. What we're worried about is an A-bomb in a Ryder truck in New York, in Washington and St. Louis. It cannot happen. We have to prevent it from happening.
-- Rep. Richard Gephardt (D, MT) Nov. 2, 2003

Then these same jackasses turned around around and called W a "liar" after THEY said the EXACT SAME THINGS FOR YEARS.

So yeah, it's likely that BOTH sides were going off of incorrect information.

Now that you know... Every subsequent assertion by you that W was "lying" is itself a lie.

I hate to tell you but 99% of politicians and people who work for the federal government are liars. The US government isn't the good guy. Our government is evil and should never be trusted. This includes the military brass. They will lie us into war just to get re-elected or to get a bigger budget approved. The Russian government is full of bad guys. The Ukrainian government is full of bad guys. The Iranian government is full of bad guys. The Saudi Arabia government is full of bad guys. I don't believe any of them and don't support any of them. They are all the enemy of humanity.

Trust the US government at your own peril. They are not the good guys. Hooking your wagon to their BS form of tribalism is exactly what they want. If enough of us do it, it may result in nuclear war with Russia.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Agthatbuilds said:

Agthatbuilds said:

You didn't state any facts, just some word salad of poorly reasoned opinions most made up of logical fallacies.

Alright! Let's do this.

1. It's interesting to see how this is going down. It's oddly familiar to the covid issue: are you going to debate me that we are not seeing an entire thread devoted to this issue and that it has become as safe space where dissenting opinions can be deleted? Similar to the Covid board?

2. We've got a lot of people on here that are extremely passionate about how Russia is bad and Ukraine good. Do we not have this? Are you not passionate? Have you not spent time out of your day to discuss this issue with me?

3. Unfortunately, I think so many are trying to apply the red/blue dichotomy to a rainbow. So you're prepared to say that you are viewing this situation through the lens of an expert or historian that understands the politics framework between Russia and Ukraine and Ukraine and its ethnic Russians? Please.

4. I also find it particularly interesting that Russia invaded a sovereign nation. I guess we all forgot about Iraq and he lies about WMDs.You've said they weren't lies. I disagree, and I'm not the only one who would disagree. Regardless, the WMDs were never found. We invaded a sovereign nation on a pretext.

5. Lots of war hawks on here sitting behind their keyboards. Similar to the Q thread or the Covid board, so many experts about tactics and strategy. Are you telling me that's not happening? Go read the thread.

6. It's actually very pathetic. That's a value judgment. I will acknowledge that as an opinion.

aTmAg
AG
Good God dude. You are a step away from 9/11 truther. Do you think that was an inside job?
TxTarpon
Enemy of my enemy is my ally thing.
AG
It always irritates me when people talk about "Nazi's". The Nazi's were a legitimate political party/group in Hitler's Germany in the 1930's and 1940's. What you see today is small groups of idiots that nobody cares about and have zero influence or control of policy and have nothing to do with actual Nazi's.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
I guess my point this that making up your mind on an issue that very likely could lead to WW3 based on propaganda (from either side), probably isn't a wise decision.

I feel comfortable in saying "I don't know what I don't know." I wish more people could say that.
aTmAg
AG

I guess my point this that making up your mind on an issue that very likely could lead to WW3 based on propaganda (from either side), probably isn't a wise decision.

I feel comfortable in saying "I don't know what I don't know." I wish more people could say that.
It's not "propaganda" that Russia invaded a neighboring nation without cause. That is obvious to anybody with more than one brain cell.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Continue with the ad hominem attacks there buddy. It only shows that your argument is based in emotion. Just because you elect to ignore the "cause" for their invasion doesn't mean it doesn't exist in their eyes...the same way some in the world probably saw our "cause" for invading Iraq.

You should be careful about how your opinions cannot be wrong.
Aggie4Life02
AG
aTmAg said:

Good God dude. You are a step away from 9/11 truther. Do you think that was an inside job?

No. Luckily the government is way too incompetent to pull that off. Government incompetency is probably the only reason we are still alive.
J. Walter Weatherman

It's not propaganda to say that Russia invaded a sovereign nation for no reason and is now participating in the murder of hundreds and likely eventually thousands of innocent civilians. Someone could argue it's none of our business but comparing that to the US invading Iraq is mind-bogglingly stupid.
aTmAg
AG

Continue with the ad hominem attacks there buddy. It only shows that your argument is based in emotion. Just because you elect to ignore the "cause" for their invasion doesn't mean it doesn't exist in their eyes...the same way some in the world probably saw our "cause" for invading Iraq.

Did Ukraine attack Russia or even threaten to? No? Then there is no legitimate cause for Russia to attack Ukraine.

It really is that simple. You can pretend all day that it's "nuanced" or "multifaceted" but it's really not. It's just you contorting yourself to justify it.
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
The good thing here? That neither your opinion or my opinion actually matter. Things will play out as they play out.
Old Army Ghost

how many un resolutions was ukraine violating since you are comparing them to iraq

dont know if russia today news website has the answer or not for youu
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Look dude. I don't know what to tell you. If you're cool with it, then be cool.
Old Army Ghost

Look dude. I don't know what to tell you. If you're cool with it, then be cool.
so you dont know but made the comparison anyway
TRADUCTOR
Wait! Actual Nazis! Literally we got Hitler here...

Problem is, with all the lies, nobody can see what is the truth. Or... truth has been redefined as a conspiracy!

We can't handle the truth! Aliens, the aliens are coming.

Ogre09
AG
I thought there weren't any conservative Russian supporters.
PJYoung
AG
Mr. Business said:

Nazis are a thing in America too. And Russia. America probably has 10 times as many or more registered members of the KKK as Ukraine has Nazis. Means the same thing there as it does here. Jack squat because it's a tiny minority of morons.
aggie93
AG
Ukraine Nazis are bad. I don't think anyone outside of a few kook groups like the idea of Ukraine Nazis. The reality though is the folks from Ukraine aren't all these nice, peace loving folks that believe in equality and freedom. Some do for sure but Ukraine is a rough place filled with some rough people and it will always be that way because of geography. It's a valuable but not overly valuable place that is extremely difficult to defend and has a history of some really bad people mixed with some really good people from there and a LOT of corruption.

Any involvement we have is going to mean we are going to be siding with some bad folks, it's just how dark a shade of gray we want. If we are talking about American self interest the biggest thing we want in that region is stability and peace but I don't see any scenario where that is a long term solution. It could happen if Russia takes it over but the West clearly isn't going to sit back and let that happen. Russia will always want to control Ukraine though for strategic reasons. It's a mess and is going to remain a mess.

There are some tough choices ahead and a lot of folks haven't shifted their mindset. The world is about to get a lot tougher and we have to decide what our real priorities are with globalization ending. There are going to be some losers in that and it won't be us but we can't save everyone.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aTmAg
AG
We should side with people that we have already made protection deals with and not with people we haven't.
The Kraken
AG
Year of the Germaphobe said:

New World Ag said:

nortex97 said:

There's a lot of false information about nazi's in Ukraine.

Disappointingly, many fall for that type of propaganda based on some pictures online, like in the OP. It's unsurprising that the generally dimmer bulbs among us who believe all of this also happen to be leftists politically, who support socialism themselves/voted for Brandon etc.
Where are you seeing leftists supporting Putin? All I've seen are the most hardcore Q believers and conspiracy theorists. Here and on FB...I have two friends there spouting all this Russian propaganda and they are the biggest Q nuts, are also 9/11 truthers and one believes the Apollo moon landings were faked.

In many ways they are victims, not necessarily dimmer bulbs. They fall down a rabbit hole of false information and get brainwashed, similar to radical Muslims.

You literally made all that up.
Quote:

What makes you think that?
Still waiting for an explanation, please.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Deplorable
Found Ukrainian white supremacist Serhiy Sternenko propaganda on the Ukraine strategy thread. https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3274372/replies/61595197

Zelensky tried to get him involved in his administration at one point.

Interesting ally, neo-nazi, stabbed a person to death and live streamed it.

UTExan
The Soviets starved the Ukraine, forcibly taking their grain, produce and livestock. It's called Holodomor, historically.
Some 7-10 million mostly Ukes perished through starvation and malnutrition/birth defects and little things like that aren't forgotten. So when the Germans invaded 8 years later, they found a receptive audience. Not to excuse the resurgence of fascism, but there are historical legs to that resurgence when the Russians were guilty of genocide.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.