***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,560,690 Views | 47750 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Teslag
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Nagler
AG
PJYoung said:

I don't think that's what Albert meant.

SouthTex99
AG
PJYoung
AG

sclaff
AG
PJYoung
AG
sclaff said:

Insane. Russia never ceases to surprise me.

LMCane
PJYoung said:

which is why many have been suggesting an armored thrust not directly towards Tokmak which is due southeast of Robotyne..

but to move southwest across village roads and come in behind the Russian defense in depth protecting Tokmak. you can move towards Berdiansk and then move due east to encircle several brigades and three trench lines.

heading southwest through Verbove gives you some cover and likely not as many minefields on village roads rather than heading southeast into the teeth of the Tokmak ring trench lines.
LMCane
AgLA06 said:

Something I've been wondering.

Whether it's patriotic bias or whatever, I'm sure a lot are like me assume the US has the best fighter pilots and training programs. How do these other countries training Uke F16 pilots stack up?

Well they are mostly NATO squadrons so they train to the same levels-

my buddy in the USAF who flew for the D.C. ANG started in F-16 and went to Europe to train with Dutch and German F-16 pilots back in 06.
AgLA06
AG
I get it. I just thought many like me grew up (rightly or wrongly) assuming we were better.
80sGeorge
AG
I bet they suck at carrier landings though.
GAC06
AG
Germany never had F-16's
AgLA06
AG
80sGeorge said:

I bet they suck at carrier landings though.
Probably don't get a lot of practice.
GAC06
AG
Just the French. Britain, Italy and Spain have carriers for F-35/AV-8B vertical landings
USAFAg
AG
AgLA06 said:

I get it. I just thought many like me grew up (rightly or wrongly) assuming we were better.
It has been in my experience, with 28 years in uniform and 10 years as a civilian, in fighter/bomber training/operations as well as personally knowing and/or working directly with hundreds F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-35 pilots from multiple countries in Europe and the Far East that very few countries are our equal in individual pilots and NONE are better Air Forces on the whole.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
ABATTBQ11
AG
USA*** said:

AgLA06 said:

It has been in my experience, with 28 years in uniform and 10 years as a civilian, in fighter/bomber training/operations as well as personally knowing and/or working directly with hundreds F-15, F-16, F-18 and F-35 pilots from multiple countries in Europe and the Far East that very few countries are our equal in individual pilots and NONE are better Air Forces on the whole.

Username checks out
TXAggie2011
AG
PJYoung said:

Trying to run away after you've ran into your enemies trench...how stupid
Burrus86
AG
Given the intense combat, video after video shows the Ukrainian soldiers with good morale. You can see determination and confidence in their eyes.
JFABNRGR
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

PJYoung said:

Trying to run away after you've ran into your enemies trench...how stupid
The first stupid mistake was to come reinforce the trench in front of you without a weapon.

TBH I think he was running from arty strikes or drone drops. His head was full of jellow, shell shocked from multiple arty or something explosive/concussive and just didn't find the relief he thought he was looking for; but it found him and he is better for it.

74OA
AG
The latest on the intensifying fighting in the south.

Today's SITREP.
Ulysses90
AG
USA*** said:

AgLA06 said:

Outlier events do happen. Everybody has a bad day once in a while.

https://theaviationist.com/2014/05/02/cope-india-2004-results/
AgLA06
AG
He wasn't trying to reinforce anything. The Ukes got behind their lines and hammer and anvelled them. He thought he was retreating to friendlies only to figure out they were dead and Ukes were waiting for him.
10thYrSr
Burrus86 said:

Given the intense combat, video after video shows the Ukrainian soldiers with good morale. You can see determination and confidence in their eyes.

It was my understanding Ukraine has restricted battlefield posts from troops. Is this not true? If so we are only seeing favorable posts.

Please correct me if Ukraine allows all videos to be posted to social media.
ABATTBQ11
AG
AgLA06 said:

He wasn't trying to reinforce anything. The Ukes got behind their lines and hammer and anvelled them. He thought he was retreating to friendlies only to figure out they were dead and Ukes were waiting for him.

He meant reinforcing the front line he was coming from. Dude was running back from their forward trench without a weapon.
Teslag
AG
At this point why would the Ukrainians not have good morale. Everything seems to be falling their way lately.
10thYrSr
Teslag said:

At this point why would the Ukrainians not have good morale. Everything seems to be falling their way lately.

You didn't address my point of censored media. Tactically this has always happened in wars. Can you agree that information coming from Ukraine is only what they want us to see?
Teslag
AG
But you responded to someone saying they see video after video of Ukrainians in good spirits. Even if it's all filtered, it's not stretch that it's probably indicative of their overall morale with how things are going now.
EastSideAg2002
PJYoung
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Heavy explosion after strike in Kakhovka
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/25-august-heavy-explosion-after-strike-in-kakhovka-

PJYoung
AG
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

First Page Last Page
Page 1185 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.