***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,561,990 Views | 47754 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What the hell is a drone conclave?
PJYoung
AG
AgLA06 said:

What the hell is a drone conclave?
Sounded like some sort of convention.

Extremely dumb since Russia has shown they couldn't care less about civilian lives and were probably eager to blow up a theater on a beautiful Saturday morning in the middle of a large city.

Quote:

At least seven people were killed, including a 6-year-old girl, while 12 children were among the 117 wounded, acting mayor Oleksandr Lomanko said.

Quote:

Many victims in the attack had been on their way to church to celebrate the Ukrainian Catholic holiday the Feast of the Transfiguration when the strike took place.

But it is clear that the Russians launching those missiles and those giving them orders in the middle of the day to the civilian city realised that the victims will be primarily civilians.

"There is no other way to interpret it than a war crime against civilians, yet another Russian war crime."

The United Nations' humanitarian coordinator for Ukraine, Denise Brown, said: "It is heinous to attack the main square of a large city, in the morning, while people are out walking, some going to the church to celebrate a religious day for many Ukrainians.

"I condemn this repeated pattern of Russian strikes on populated areas of Ukraine, causing deaths, massive destruction and soaring humanitarian needs."

The building struck by a ballistic missile was allegedly hosting a drone exhibition at the time.

President Zelensky said of the attack: "A Russian missile hit right in the center of the city, in our Chernihiv. A square, the polytechnic university, a theater.

"An ordinary Saturday, which Russia turned into a day of pain and loss."

AgLA06
AG
So not a military event. Just a drone convention for civilians?
PJYoung
AG
AgLA06 said:

So not a military event. Just a drone convention for civilians?
Oh I wouldn't say that at all.
notex
AG
It was a "Drone Demo Day."

Quote:

Berlinska said it was not a public exhibition but "a closed meeting of engineers, military and volunteers on military tech for the frontline."

"We are now working with the Security Service of Ukraine providing all needed information for a prompt investigation," she added.

Quote:

"As soon (as) the air raid siren went on, the event was stopped and participants were told a number of times they need to go to the shelter. Unfortunately, some people still went outside. Everyone who went to the shelter is safe. Me personally, I entered the shelter a minute before the hit," she said.

However, Klymenko said, "Everyone who was inside the drama theater went down to the shelter in time. The National Police officers tried to get everyone into the shelter after the air raid was announced."

74OA
AG
More Russian terror attacks on civilian targets.

UPDATES
dave parkin
AG
dave parkin said:

How effing stupid do you have to be to be in a war for survival and post on effing Facebook that a drone conclave will be held in the city theater. death toll up to over 120. The Utes need training on OPSEC!!!!!!!!

yep, my bad. still doesn't excuse the stupidity

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
The feast of the transfiguration was 2 weeks ago.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
PJYoung
AG
PlaneCrashGuy said:

The feast of the transfiguration was 2 weeks ago.

TRANSFIGURATION OF OUR LORD ( SPAS , Second SPAS, APPLE SPAS ) On August 19 ( according to the new order) Ukrainians celebrate the feast of Transfiguration.

https://icshrine.org/category/the-ukrainian-greco-catholic-church/ukrainian-religious-holidays/
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I only know when our church celebrated.
I'm not sure if people genuinely believe someone is going to say, "Wow, if some people say I'm a moron for not believing this, it clearly must be true."

It's not much a persuasive argument. It really just sounds like a bunch of miniature dachshunds barking because the first one one barked when it thought it heard something.
Zobel
AG
Old calendar is off by about two weeks
PJYoung
AG
aezmvp
Ding dong!
lurker76
What caused the multiple explosions?
Gilligan
AG
aezmvp said:

Ding dong!

Jagga Jagga Bababoom!
Gilligan
AG
lurker76 said:

What caused the multiple explosions?

I believe it's the release between the two bombs.
JFABNRGR
AG
At least one bomber gone.

https://reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/s/6Eq1GzEuTL
The Fife
That's the best thing I've seen in ages
JB!98
AG
JFABNRGR said:

From the comments:

Used to be a Backfire, now its just an Onfire.
74OA
AG
Denmark pledges nineteen F-16 transfers to Ukraine.

FIGHTERS

Up to 42 from the Netherlands.

MORE
dave parkin
AG
JFABNRGR said:

"suffered damage" ????? sure, they can just buffer that out
Waffledynamics
AG
Oleshky. Andrew Perpetua has been fairly reliable, too.

Not a Bot
AG
74OA said:

FIGHTERS

MORE

The Netherlands doesn't have 42 operational F-16s. Assuming they are the middlemen for an unnamed third country.
Not a Bot
AG
Another example of why videos released by either side should be taken with a grain of salt until verified by other means.

74OA
AG
Not a Bot said:

74OA said:

FIGHTERS

MORE

The Netherlands doesn't have 42 operational F-16s. Assuming they are the middlemen for an unnamed third country.
My understanding is they're all Dutch birds. Providing "up to 42" will mean reactivating ones fairly recently put into storage and sending their currently active ones, too. Those and the Danish F-16s have all received the MLU so while still not cutting-edge 4th gen fighters, they're nonetheless far superior in most respects to the MIG-29.
74OA
AG
More details on the strategic bomber taken out deep inside Russia.

TU-22
Gilligan
AG
74OA said:

More details on the strategic bomber taken out deep inside Russia.

TU-22

I laugh when I read the RuZZian articles about the "terrorist" attacks by Ukraine. The RuZZians are high on Krokodil
Rossticus
Stupid non-embedding tweet

https://x.com/kremlintrolls/status/1693522986026885226
PJYoung
AG
Rossticus said:

Stupid non-embedding tweet

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian Defense Forces have success South-East to Robotyne and South to Mala Tokmachka

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/21-august-ukrainian-defense-forces-have-success-southeast
docb
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/15x3app/f16_fighter_jets_updates_to_ukraines_defense/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
TH36
Why did all the Pro-Russian posters suddenly start popping back up in here?
docb
AG
TH36 said:

Why did all the Pro-Russian posters suddenly start popping back up in here?
Because their thread went bye bye. I would recommend to not engage them much if we want this thread to keep going.
MouthBQ98
AG
TU-22 is more or less contemporary with the old F111.

The TU-160 is the B1 more or less equivalent. That is B1a fast version, not so much B1b low altitude lower radar signature version.
JFABNRGR
AG
WOW. Talk about deadly efficient.

First Page Last Page
Page 1178 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.