***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,563,004 Views | 47754 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

Have the Ukes expends all of the Javelins we gave them? I haven't seen any recent reports of their use and I know they were going through them as fast as we could supply them 6 months ago.

We have been giving them TOW missiles which supposedly we have literally 1000s in inventory .. some of the newer TOW missiles are wireless similar to the Javelins
Gordo14
bonfarr said:

Have the Ukes expends all of the Javelins we gave them? I haven't seen any recent reports of their use and I know they were going through them as fast as we could supply them 6 months ago.

Russia has been running out of tanks. Nothing for the Javelins to hit.
Waffledynamics
AG
GAC06
AG
fullback44 said:

bonfarr said:

We have been giving them TOW missiles which supposedly we have literally 1000s in inventory .. some of the newer TOW missiles are wireless similar to the Javelins

We have given "over 10,000" javelins and "over 4,000" TOW. My understanding is the TOWs are mainly for use by vehicles like the Bradleys

https://www.state.gov/u-s-security-cooperation-with-ukraine/
lb3
AG
Nice advance but still 15 miles from the strategic town of Tokmak unfortunately.
Not a Bot
AG

Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Gordo14
Not a Bot said:

As has been said before, this twitter account is one of the least accurate OSINT accounts. I'd take what he says with a grain of salt... It often posts sensatiomalist claims on both sides for more engagement.

However, I expect Russia to gain some land in this offensive... But they will likely get bogged down in tje population centers north of Kupiansk. Their offensive moves (with the exception to Wagner) have been very ineffective, and Ukraine has had a lot of time to prep for this offensive. Russia hasn't visibly been able to disrupt Ukraine's logistics either.
74OA
AG
GAC06 said:

fullback44 said:

bonfarr said:

We have given "over 10,000" javelins and "over 4,000" TOW. My understanding is the TOWs are mainly for use by vehicles like the Bradleys

https://www.state.gov/u-s-security-cooperation-with-ukraine/
.......and also TOW on some portion of the 2,000+ HUMVEEs we've given them.
74OA
AG
US significantly ups artillery ammo production along with similar increase from EU, latest on fighting around Kupiansk, more drone attacks on Russia and other notes.

Today's SITREP.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That's a big hole

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Not a Bot
AG
GAC06
AG
PJYoung said:

Dumb headline and sure enough they've already retracted. But not the stupid title
PJYoung
AG
GAC06 said:

PJYoung said:

Dumb headline and sure enough they've already retracted. But not the stupid title
Quote:

AeroXplorer is aware of rebound regarding this article. Our editors would like to clarify that this article is solely referring to autobrakes, the braking system that is usually used in tandem with reverse thrust. Brakes used by the aircraft for ground operations are still functional, as only one of four brakes are being deactivated, not all four. AeroXplorer cross-checked the story with multiple sources and confirmed the validity of the information. We apologize for any confusion.

Ah.
GAC06
AG
Not a Bot said:

I'm guessing that tank wasn't present long. I counted 14-15 shots in 90 seconds and they only carry like 40 125mm rds, and less at the ready
GAC06
AG
Still a sad state of affairs for Aeroflot
Not a Bot
AG
Using the winged glider JDAMs.

I know it's hard to tell but that building was at one point a restaurant and coffee shop.
aezmvp
Damn they roasted that coffee at too high a temp. Gonna make Starbucks look smooth. Was wondering when we'd start seeing that video.
Who?mikejones!
ABATTBQ11
AG
GAC06 said:

PJYoung said:

Even after the clarification, that's less than ideal. They're probably doing it for lack of consumables or spare parts, so it's only a matter of time before this impacts other things.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Even after the clarification, that's less than ideal. They're probably doing it for lack of consumables or spare parts, so it's only a matter of time before this impacts other things.

"Impacts" being the operative word.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bonfarr
AG
PJYoung said:

I d find it difficult to believe so many people are still living in the City Centers. After a year of War I would have at least moved my wife and kids to the Countryside in a safe town further away from areas being targeted by Russia.
Not a Bot
AG
Not exactly a wealthy country. A lot of people don't have that option. If that is where you are earning an income and that's where you stay.

Gordo14
Jetpilot86
AG
It's a parts shortage issue and they lose payload for each deactivated brake. They cannot deactivate more than a few.
AgLA06
AG
I really hope the northern push was to pull all the Russian supplies and reinforcements away from the deep south so they could launch across the river and make a run for the coast.
aezmvp
AgLA06 said:

I really hope the northern push was to pull all the Russian supplies and reinforcements away from the deep south so they could launch across the river and make a run for the coast.
I hope so too but the Russians have quite a few defensive lines including trench systems, comms, artillery revetments, obstacles, anti-tank ditches and minefields. A run for the coast is very unlikely.
Waffledynamics
AG
Very interesting. Anyone know anything further about this "ASRAAM based SAM system"?

jbeaman88
AG
aezmvp said:

AgLA06 said:

I hope so too but the Russians have quite a few defensive lines including trench systems, comms, artillery revetments, obstacles, anti-tank ditches and minefields. A run for the coast is very unlikely.
The Russian defensive positions are significantly less in the Deep South around Kerson than they are in the east.
aezmvp
The landing spot that's been publicized was at the eastern end of one of those fortification belts. My guess is they scouting defenses or trying to pull troops away from another landing spot. They've also posted a higher than normal number of videos of their riverine patrol boats. I wonder if they'd be able to hide/disguise pontoon bridge sections close enough. You're going to need to get 2-3 minimum up PDQ if you really want to create a break out there. 7 rubber boats with a total of 50 guys going ashore isn't going to cut it.
74OA
AG
ASRAAM
knj2417
AG
Live map reporting :
Explosions reported at Kerch bridge
First Page Last Page
Page 1172 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.