***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,548,818 Views | 47729 Replies | Last: 3 sec ago by 74OA
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
clobby said:

Is Ukraine acknowledging the drone attack inside Russia? Or are they Ukraine supporters inside of Russia? Or is it an inside job due to waning support of the war?

They are acknowledging the drone attacks. Zelensky said it's only fair. I think he's right.
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Double tap…

Rossticus
aezmvp
I'm certain that the amount of ammo used in a near peer or peer to peer conflict has shocked some people. This is a good thing for our actual defense needs.
FIDO95
AG
docb said:

More drone attacks in Moscow tonight
A lot more of this is coming. Perhaps just propaganda, but Ukraine is warning of major attacks on Sept 24. Couldn't find the warning individually, but Willys video starts off with "commercial" and discusses it:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
P.U.T.U
AG
This has always been a artillery war, those on the ground that have experience are saying that there are a lot better tactics than lobbing artillery but both sides are defaulting to it. At the end of this war there will be little infrastructure left standing in the Russia occupied regions
lb3
AG
aezmvp said:

I'm certain that the amount of ammo used in a near peer or peer to peer conflict has shocked some people. This is a good thing for our actual defense needs.
I hope that future defense acquisition contracts include provisions to be able to ramp production to wartime levels within 90 days. (I'm look at you Williams International among many others).
Gilligan
AG
Rossticus said:

4.8 Million people including 700k children
No matter how many times this is published I am still overwhelmed with anger and sadness.

It doesn't matter if it's one or 4.8 Million. it's too damn many!

This should be on the front page of every news cycle around the world until rectified.
PJYoung
AG

6 now.
PJYoung
AG
lb3
AG
Gilligan said:

Rossticus said:

4.8 Million people including 700k children
No matter how many times this is published I am still overwhelmed with anger and sadness.

It doesn't matter if it's one or 4.8 Million. it's too damn many!

This should be on the front page of every news cycle around the world until rectified.
Ukraine must win this war or they are a failed state. No country that size can survive the demographic calamity that losing that many children will produce.

I'm all for giving the Ukes long range cruise missiles to bring this war to a conclusion.
BadMoonRisin
AG
sclaff said:

de lamentations of de women

"Dooo-da-doooo, just filming these buildings for no particular reason at all, oops wait, gotta turn around and face the other direction to find the buildings behind, oh wait whats the sound---oh nooooo a drone, track right onto it and cry before---BOOM big explosion. Gotta keep crying now and definitely do nothing to run away and keep safe, just keep filming in the same direction as the explosion.

Totally scared for my life, but gotta keep the focus on the explosion...."
lb3
AG
Found this graphic.
74OA
AG
More on the Chongar Bridge strike, how Ukraine is making its electricity grid more resilient and updates from the front.

Today's SITREP.
Burrus86
AG
lb3 said:

Found this graphic.

Attrition of their various artillery pieces and strikes on artillery ammo dumps is what is required to facilitate further advancements. Glad to see the Ukrainians having success in this area!
SmallBusiness
Burrus86 said:

lb3 said:

Found this graphic.

Attrition of their various artillery pieces and strikes on artillery ammo dumps is what is required to facilitate further advancements. Glad to see the Ukrainians having success in this area!
A friend is a Colonel in the Army. He stresses how much of our ability to predict what Russian will do (aided by Russian doctrinaire) and what UKR will do, can be boiled down to numbers on a chart. I.e., you need this many rounds of artillery fired into a location during an advance / defense. He mentioned that cluster munitions just change the math, but at the end of the day, they think of this as a math problem.
docb
AG
I really don't believe they fired 12 storm shadow missiles at that bridge. Maybe 2. Another Russian lie.
AgLA06
AG
docb said:

I really don't believe they fired 12 storm shadow missiles at that bridge. Maybe 2. Another Russian lie.
If they were shooting them down, you''d see it. They so desperate not to look like they're getting their crap pushed in, they're releasing the same footage over and over from different angles and lying about what it is.
docb
AG
AgLA06 said:

docb said:

If they were shooting them down, you''d see it. They so desperate not to look like they're getting their crap pushed in, they're releasing the same footage over and over from different angles and lying about what it is.

They may be shooting a few down but I'm betting its not even close to what they are claiming.
JFABNRGR
AG
Gilligan said:

Been a long time since the Ukraine Volunteer posted. I'm glad he's still alive.
Sounds like again it was not UVs time.

https://ukrainevolunteer297689472.wordpress.com/2023/07/30/at-least-three-times-we-heard-that-flat-boom-of-an-ap-mine-and-people-screaming-and-yelling/

I didn't realize the TL "C" was American as well. Hope he recovers fully.
JFABNRGR
AG
Early reports Ukes hit russian navy ship and or russian weapon cargo ship with drone. 1 dead 5 wounded asking for EVAC from orc helos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/15fjkvu/russian_sailors_reportedly_asked_for_evacuation/
74OA
AG
More drones hit Moscow, Russia says it fends off another USV attack at sea and other notes.

UPDATES

Six civilian ships defy Russian threats and openly sail to Ukraine, and one of which has entered the Danube Canal to receive grain. What will Russia do?

CANAL
aezmvp
Honestly I'm more interested in the Belarussian helicopters overflying the border into Poland. It sounds like the Poles are pissed and transferred extra AA units to the area. Fool me once.
74OA
AG
The US signs agreements with Bulgaria and South Korea to supply artillery ammunition to Ukraine.

155mm
mike0305
I didn't realize Willy had his own show, always liked his commentary on STT. Thanks for posting
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Russian troops have withdrawn from the positions south to Andriivka at the Bakhmut direction, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/2-august-russian-troops-have-withdrawn-from-the-positions
Waffledynamics
AG
Looks like Russia was targeting grain that was likely going to ship through Romania, I'm guessing.

Quote:

Damage at grain terminal in Izmail as result of Russian drone attack

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/2-august-damage-at-grain-terminal-in-izmail-as-result-of

Quote:

Ukrainian air defense shot down 23 Shahed drones overnight

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/2-august-ukrainian-air-defense-shot-down-23-shahed-drones
Gilligan
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Gilligan said:

Been a long time since the Ukraine Volunteer posted. I'm glad he's still alive.
Sounds like again it was not UVs time.

https://ukrainevolunteer297689472.wordpress.com/2023/07/30/at-least-three-times-we-heard-that-flat-boom-of-an-ap-mine-and-people-screaming-and-yelling/

I didn't realize the TL "C" was American as well. Hope he recovers fully.
UV has to have turned 77 by now.

C doesn't sound like a spring chicken either.

They all seem to have been shot, hit with shrapnel, concussed, sick, etc...

They only have so many lives. I pray they all make it out alive and this stupid war of aggression and conquest ends soon.

Puck Futin!
P.U.T.U
AG
Romania is in NATO and they have now reported 4 breaches by Russia/Belarusian aircraft. The attack on the grain facility sounds like they are seeing what they can get away with unless it was a false flag attack.
Teslag
AG
I think the attack was on Izmail, a Ukrainian city across the Danube.
P.U.T.U
AG
You are right, looked at the boundary lines incorrectly
Teslag
AG
Still though, those lines are close. They are one bad shot away from striking a NATO city. Galati is just north of there with 300,000 people.
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Romania is in NATO and they have now reported 4 breaches by Russia/Belarusian aircraft. The attack on the grain facility sounds like they are seeing what they can get away with unless it was a false flag attack.
I think you are meaning breaches of NATO airspace in general, not specifically Romanian, but just in case, there have been no breaches of Romanian airspace by Belarussian aircraft. They have reportedly entered Polish airspace, but would have to fly across all of Ukraine to get to Romania.
First Page Last Page
Page 1163 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.