***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,539,921 Views | 47721 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by AtticusMatlock
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JFABNRGR said:

For anyone interested in INF ops this 12 minute vid of very difficult raid on orc trench is outstanding. Well executed OP Order. Has it all: preplanning, rehearsal, leadership, violence of action, real time intel, coms, coordination's, resupply, SSSSS, AAR....even fear/ hesitation overcome by leadership.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/153r3o3/english_subtitles_soldiers_from_the_3rd/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

They've come a long way. I know not every unit is that profesional, but that's good stuff.
74OA
AG
Disaffected Russians spying for UK, says MI6 head. I imagine the Kremlin is well aware of the potential, but saying so serves to fuel their paranoia and make the Russian public aware of growing resistance to Putin's war.

HUMINT
aggiehawg
AG
Fake news?

74OA
AG
AgLA06 said:

JFABNRGR said:

For anyone interested in INF ops this 12 minute vid of very difficult raid on orc trench is outstanding. Well executed OP Order. Has it all: preplanning, rehearsal, leadership, violence of action, real time intel, coms, coordination's, resupply, SSSSS, AAR....even fear/ hesitation overcome by leadership.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/153r3o3/english_subtitles_soldiers_from_the_3rd/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

They've come a long way. I know not every unit is that profesional, but that's good stuff.
I imagine a lot of the slow learners are unfortunately already dead or invalids. Darwinism at work.
ShotOver
AG
Eliminatus said:

More attacks on civilian targets in Odesa. Big missiles. Claims are of Kalibers launched from Crimea with some unconfirmed video of the launches.

Aside from the literal murder of even more civilians, there was discussion around the web that predicted this and I can't help but agree with the logic. Whenever something big and negative occurs to Russia, i.e. Kerch bridge attack, they lash out and hit large civilian populations every. single. time. How f'ing petty can Russia be? Awful stuff. And absolutely pointless from a strategic point.

Was that laughter in the background?
Eliminatus
AG
Sobbing. You can hear her take a crying breath at the end. I actually made sure to find the longer version so some of our lurkers wouldn't be able to misconstrue it.

It was a huge blast though that had to terrify those who couldn't see it directly.
74OA
AG
More on the Odesa strikes.

REPRISAL
lb3
AG
74OA said:

AgLA06 said:

JFABNRGR said:

I imagine a lot of the slow learners are unfortunately already dead or invalids. Darwinism at work.
actually I've read about Ukranian commanders complaining of reverse Darwinism where they disproportionately lose their best fighters and are left with more cautious, less decisive, and less aggressive squads.
ABATTBQ11
AG
74OA said:

More on the Odesa strikes.

REPRISAL

**** Russia. I don't think they ever had any intent to make a deal.
74OA
AG
New US aid package announced. I suspect some of the big-ticket items, like NASAMS, are new production and won't be delivered any time soon.

LIST
PJYoung
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
150 fuel trucks and 165 tow, haul, and recovery vehicles. Seems in every aid package the number of recovery type vehicles keeps getting raised and this is a lot more than previous packages.
P.U.T.U
AG
They were delivered with a battery of units to take down CAS aircraft and can't use them. We always see news of Russian aircraft being shot down but not Ukraine even though we know they are
74OA
AG
P.U.T.U said:

150 fuel trucks and 165 tow, haul, and recovery vehicles. Seems in every aid package the number of recovery type vehicles keeps getting raised and this is a lot more than previous packages.
Going on the offensive will certainly raise the need for those as vehicles on the move consume more gas and are hit more often.
DCPD158
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Ukrainian farmers are busy with the harvests I guess. No tractors available.

Joking of course... sorta
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

The more armored vehicles they get and the more they further they expect to go with them, the more fuel they will need and the more repair and recovery they will need. Not surprising.
P.U.T.U
AG
After watching what Tipofthespear is doing with his demining charity farmers have a ton of issues. He has been finding hundreds of mines on single farm fields and thousands of farmers have died. Pretty much any open field has been mined
Who?mikejones!
AgLA06
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

They lost an entire army corps worth of men just in Bakhmut?!?!
docb
AG
Hrim-2 missiles being used by Ukraine? It would be nice if they could ramp up that production. 500 km range.
Eliminatus
AG
AgLA06 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I have wondered how and where the wounded will receive their care. From Russia state resources? A LOT of these wounded are going to be horribly so. Missing limbs, eyes, 3rd degree burns, shrapnel galore still embedded in bodies... Anything and everything. Not to mention the psychiatric care so many will need. I know the easy answer is to just say, "What care?" but does anyone actually know? Wagner still continues to fascinate me.
lb3
AG
AgLA06 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

They had a casualty rate of 79.5%?!?!?
txags92
AG
lb3 said:

AgLA06 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

They had a casualty rate of 79.5%?!?!?
And those were the crack troops, not the untrained conscripted cannon fodder in front of them. The Russian demographic disaster that was already coming has been dramatically worsened by this war. Putin is a truly brilliant strategist.
Waffledynamics
AG
More Russian attacks on Odesa:

Quote:

Russian Tu-22m3 launched Kh-22 missiles
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/20-july-russian-tu22m3-launched-kh22-missiles-

Quote:

Explosions in Odessa
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/20-july-explosions-in-odessa

Quote:

More explosions reported in Odesa, both drones and cruise missiles were launched against the city
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/20-july-more-explosions-reported-in-odesa-both-drones-and

Quote:

3 storey residential house is on fire in Mykolaiv as result of Russian missile strike
https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/20-july-3-storey-residential-house-is-on-fire-in-mykolaiv
Rossticus
Looks like starvation is back on the menu for the third world populace.

Rossticus
Tankies gloating over taking out tactical grain silos at the port of Odessa.

Rossticus
Rossticus
AgLA06
AG
Rossticus said:

Sevastopol needs to end now.
aggiehawg
AG

Surely there will have to be a NATO/UN response to that?
AgLA06
AG
In lighter news there appears to be new anti-personnel drones.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Not from those p****ies
Burrus86
AG
AgLA06 said:

In lighter news there appears to be new anti-personnel drones.

This will definitely leave a mark.
Waffledynamics
AG
If those are conditions, then Russia must value those things. That may mean the sanctions are having an effect indeed.

Odesa needs better air defense as a middle finger and a safeguard for grain supplies.
LMCane
JFABNRGR said:

That demonstrates a very high proficiency in combat arms. Good tactics, communication, and training.

The ultimate problem however, is that there is no way that Ukraine can replicate the same thing for the OTHER 500 similar entrenchments along the front.

It's never a great idea to have a numerically inferior force involved in man to man trench fighting against a numerically superior force.

the Ukes have got to figure out a way to get mobile armored warfare working in their favor- or this war is going to remain stagnant ad infinitum.
First Page Last Page
Page 1151 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.