***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,536,779 Views | 47716 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some chatter that the Crimean bridge is down again. We'll see shortly I'm sure. That would be awesome if it's true.
GarryowenAg
AG
txags92
AG
Was it ever confirmed that the rail line was ever repaired? If so, hope they got that too.
Who?mikejones!

I can't see anything
The Fife
If you pause it around 3 seconds and look at the right hand side, it looks like the guardrail on the separated section is pitched downwards. I think the break is in the section up ahead from the camera guy
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah. The pitch there seemed really off. Also the gap was way too wide and uneven. It seems like that span was pointing down
Eliminatus
AG
Another possible view of it.

Either way we will know soon for sure. There definitely has been an uptick in Uke trolling as of late. Officially I mean. Lots of warnings and "prepare for turbulent times" kinda thing. I doubt this is a one off attack if it is indeed down but just another step in shaping the coming battlezones which I am sure is coming. Not that that takes a genius to figure out of course. Uke has a stated goal of liberating Crimea as a priority and the Kerch bridge is hands down the biggest strategic target in that area.

ETA: Ohhhh... I see it now in that top still photo posted by Waffle above. Holy ***** Yes the bridge is absolutely concaved and not by a small amount either. I wonder if those crack rumors were really true in the end. These below:

Waffledynamics
AG

GarryowenAg
AG
Just so we're all clear, I do not believe that vertical stress crack (or whatever it is) is legit.
Eliminatus
AG
txags92 said:

Was it ever confirmed that the rail line was ever repaired? If so, hope they got that too.
It was projected by Russia to be done fully this month actually. I also would love to know. I assume that there has been no traffic on it in the meantime and that estimate was given by Russia late last year and I have no idea how the work has progressed, if at all. This is Russia after all.
Eliminatus
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Just so we're all clear, I do not believe that vertical stress crack (or whatever it is) is legit.
Yeah, I don't remember any real follow up to that and promptly forgot about it myself till just now. Daylight will give us some answers soon though so not going to waste too much brainpower thinking into it until we have a better view.
Waffledynamics
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well that sucks...

...for Russia
JFABNRGR
AG
Pics vids of bridge. Looks like blast from underneath. Pretty extensive damage. You hate to see it. Supposedly two cruise missiles there has been recent news of Ukes about to deploy home grown version. Sounds and looks like ADA fired and missed and it was stationed close to impact. I wonder why they didn't target main span.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/151sl62/allegedly_two_cruise_missiles_striking_the_kerch/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/151scr4/more_photos_of_the_damage_to_the_crimean_bridge/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/151sia6/photos_of_kerch_bridge_from_this_morning_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/151tja2/train_pov_of_the_damage_to_the_crimean_bridge/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
LMCane
Gordo14 said:

if anyone thinks there were a lot of Russian male alchoholics back in 2022...

looks like there are going to be a few hundred thousand more after this war is over.

the PTSD for these Russkies has got to be off the charts when they get blasted all over the place and have insubordinate generals planning coup d'etats
LMCane
ConstructionAg01 said:

Around 13 minutes and on in this video, those wounded Russians are struggling to crawl or drag themselves and escape with their lives. They were dug in and not outnumbered, but were unprepared, acting as individuals instead of as a team, don't want to be there, and didn't want to fight. Plus, the Ukes on the ground know exactly who is where in real-time due to the drone, while the Russians are clueless and scattering. Remarkable contrast.

Such a waste of human life, dying for nothing.
notice towards the end one of the Russkie survivors runs out the back way...

and dashes right past one of his gravely wounded comrades leaving him to die or be captured.

sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
LMCane
ABATTBQ11 said:

Well that sucks...

...for Russia
the anti-war / pro-Russia Twitter brigades

are out claiming it's a war crime for Ukraine to kill innocent Russian women who were on the bridge...
74OA
AG
Everything known at the moment about the Kerch Bridge attack.

CLOSED
LMCane
Crack Russian Engineering will take care of this in no time!!

MouthBQ98
AG
Cluster munitions should increase the effectiveness of counter battery fire.
Blackbeard94
AG
LMCane said:

Crack Russian Engineering will take care of this in no time!!

Ha ha ha, he said crack
Gilligan
AG
The Crimean bridge is closed. If you're trying to vacation in Crimea you'll need to take the land route through "new territories" and within range of HIMARS!

Pack up the station wagon kids we're going on an adventure!

Its going to be interesting if folks start leaving and possibly driving through an active war zone to escape. Ugh.
PJYoung
AG
Gilligan said:

Its going to be interesting if folks start leaving and possibly driving through an active war zone to escape. Ugh.

They probably should've thought of that before they moved into illegally occupied Ukraine.
nortex97
AG
Gilligan said:

The Crimean bridge is closed. If you're trying to vacation in Crimea you'll need to take the land route through "new territories" and within range of HIMARS!

Pack up the station wagon kids we're going on an adventure!

Rail traffic is what carries most of the military supplies.
docb
AG
Yea I'm quite sure that jet ski blew up the bridge and is floating around totally intact. Great informational link. Maybe Patrick Lancaster can shed some insight.
PJYoung
AG

Quote:

Some details of the incident emerged: it took place on 15 July near the village of Sereda, 26 kilometers from Shebekino. Close to the border with Ukraine.
ABATTBQ11
AG
LMCane said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Well that sucks...

...for Russia

are out claiming it's a war crime for Ukraine to kill innocent Russian women who were on the bridge...

Russia should just stop fighting and pull all of its occupiers out and appease the evil Ukrainians to stop all of this senseless bloodshed. That's how it works, right?
P.U.T.U
AG
They followed retired Delta operator Kyle Lamb when firing on a vehicle, always us plenty of P, P for plenty
agent-maroon
AG
docb said:

Yea I'm quite sure that jet ski blew up the bridge and is floating around totally intact. Great informational link. Maybe Patrick Lancaster can shed some insight.
Probably a Kawasaki jet ski. They still use fiberglass and are well known to have the toughest hulls in the business.

ETA -
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LMCane
Russkies lose another fighter plane crashing into the sea...

pilot killed on ejection.

russian civilians watching think it's hysterical

LMCane
ABATTBQ11 said:

LMCane said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Well that sucks...

...for Russia

Russia should just stop fighting and pull all of its occupiers out and appease the evil Ukrainians to stop all of this senseless bloodshed. That's how it works, right?
Russians literally blasting hundreds of towns and villages into rubble no problem

Ukrainians taking out a bridge used by Russian military for resupply = war crime
there are just a lot of crazy twitter posters.
First Page Last Page
Page 1147 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.