***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,591,743 Views | 47822 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by sclaff
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know for us they're integrated, I just don't think they'd be the answer for cruise missiles in Ukraine. However I don't have direct experience so if you do and I'm wrong, my bad.
JoeAggie1010
You're mostly on track, and I agree with your assessment. A person can walk a fine line in discussing the Ukraine war, then turn into OPSEC violations.

EDIT: Grammar.
Jetpilot86
AG
I feel that pain. I've made a trip in Europe that shall remain nameless.
Waffledynamics
AG

Rob starts out discussing the spending and return on investment of the military aid the West is giving to Ukraine. It's peanuts with great results.

At 3:11, we get a phone call between frustrated Russians talking about their losses and the media's lack of reporting.

At 6:57, we see more Russian state TV. The Russian propagandists are angry and call for the annihilation of cities. It gets so outrageous that a former Israeli politician that's a guest on the show just calls them out on their rhetoric.

At 13:12, we see a Russian propaganda video about a dissenting soldier getting detained. Notice that none of the people in line look disciplined or in shape whatsoever.

At 15:47, we get more Russian state TV. I'm astounded that these people are able to now criticize Russia's strategy now. However, one of the hosts openly states out loud that any ceasefire would just be used to regroup and re-attack later.

At 21:29, we get a rumor that Russia may have lost some ground East of Makiivka, Nevs'ke, and Terny. Just a rumor, but it might be verified soon. This would mean the P66 highway between Svatove and Kreminna is cut, if true. Russia would need to take a more indirect route.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Rossticus said:

I realize it is only one, very short clip. But magnify that on a nation of men, fighting to get your country free from invaders and then these invaders being hunkered down in ****ty tents or trenches or shells of homes they have taken over. Lack of supplies, sleep, and support. Winter is going to be brutal for the invaders.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
docb
AG
That's the hope. I don't really think Ukraine can afford to take a pause while they have the Russians in a bad position. Keep pushing.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

At Bakhmut and Avdiyivka directions Russian army shelled Andriyivka, Soledar, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Mayorsk, Opytne, Yakovlivka, Vesele and Vodyane, - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine says in the morning report

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-november-at-bakhmut-and-avdiyivka-directions-russian-army

Russia must not fully control Optyne anymore.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

was hoping they would be equipped with Finnish/Swedish white snow uniforms by this point in time

that's disapointing
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
74OA
AG
NATO does need to revitalize its ammunition production capacity, but it should keep in mind that the ammo donated to Ukraine is being used for the specific purpose it was originally stockpiled--to defend against Russia--and every round sent downrange actually makes Europe more secure.

SHORTAGES
LMCane

Notice the Uke paratrooper is carrying a Tavor Bullpup Israeli Assault Rifle

interesting!
Eliminatus
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Rossticus said:

I realize it is only one, very short clip. But magnify that on a nation of men, fighting to get your country free from invaders and then these invaders being hunkered down in ****ty tents or trenches or shells of homes they have taken over. Lack of supplies, sleep, and support. Winter is going to be brutal for the invaders.

The supply system is so bad for them. In some areas they don't even have tents. Just literal plastic wrap around some trees. As in like Saran Wrap level of plastic. Wind cutting right through it. Wild stuff.

And I know it is obvious of course but good cold weather gear is such a force multiplier that it alone can make/break campaigns. Can never be stated enough. And the Ukes are fielding some of the best in the world right now. While Russia flounders with Saran Wrap and 50 year old tents that aren't even put up correctly.
AgLA06
AG
LMCane said:

Rossticus said:

was hoping they would be equipped with Finnish/Swedish white snow uniforms by this point in time

that's disapointing
Hey Eeyore, stop being dramatic.

I'm personally ecstatic that they have modern cold weather gear provided with their training by NATO allies while the Orcs have gear from WW2 (if they have anything).
Rossticus
Rossticus
More on the Eagles

74OA
AG
Ukraine is a country of many flaws, most of them ingrained during decades of tutelage under its former Soviet Union masters. But unlike Russia, which preserved the mire of Soviet corruption, authoritarianism and dictatorship, Ukrainians have repeatedly fought for their independence and the right to improve their society and governance, despite often moving at a too-slow pace.

So, as I celebrate during this Thanksgiving week all that America has given me, I also salute Ukraine's courage in fighting for the same freedoms and prosperity I enjoy. I hope they prevail so they can continue to work to make their country better than what they inherited from the communists. After all, Russia's incessant aggression and the repressive, undemocratic world order it would like to impose are everyone's problem.

"Thanksgiving is an American holiday; arguably, the American holiday. But there is no reason that the objects of our gratitude have to be American. This year, I am grateful, above all, to the brave people of Ukraine for all their sacrifices and successes in the battle for freedom. They are fighting not just for the right to determine their own future. They are fighting for the universal principles embodied in our own Declaration of Independence."

GIVE THANKS
Ag In Ok
AG
Can they be used to target the shaheed uavs?
GAC06
AG
No. They could go after their launch sites though. They'd be useful but I don't see them "turning the tide" like mentioned in the tweet. I imagine they'd get shot down fairly rapidly over Russian controlled territory
MouthBQ98
AG
I agree. They'd be useful but against an even poorly deployed Russian air defense network, they'd make an ideal target for SAM systems. This isn't the asymmetrical warfare where they had been successful in on the Middle East or a Russian army in chaos in the early weeks of the war. They may suck at ground combat but they have a crapload of integrated SAM systems.
Fitch
AG
Thinking back to the dialogue a few days back about drones and the challenge they're going to present in combat moving forward.

74OA
AG
Another attack on Crimea.

SEVASTOPOL
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus

B-1 83
AG
Rossticus said:

Game changer?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
LMCane
Rossticus said:

Please Remain Calm

the Ukes may have tripped onto the best way to move forward, which is actually to sit back and pound the @#$@# out of every Russian occupied town over the next few months.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

The movement of maritime passenger transport in Sevastopol is stopped - occupation authorities

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/22-november-the-movement-of-maritime-passenger-transport
Jetpilot86
AG
"Civilian" being the operative word. Other than infrastructure, Ukraine doesn't hit "Civilian" targets.
First Page Last Page
Page 943 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.