***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,590,563 Views | 47821 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Tanker123
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rossticus
For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of following along with this thread from day one, this is a site that archives a lot of the unhinged, Kremlin sponsored Russian propaganda that's been shared here over the past year… and then some! Have fun down THAT rabbit hole.

http://www.russialies.com/
Smeghead4761
DubFalls said:

Epic choice of music with the Thomas the Tank Engine theme.
If they really wanted to f*** up Russian railroads, they'd insert Thomas and crew to actually haul trains. They'd crash every bit of rolling stock inside of a month.
Rossticus
Smeghead4761
aezmvp said:

74OA said:

Cut off the water and then starve them out? CRIMEA
Could be considered a war crime. Probably won't "officially" be the policy.
It's also been a part of siege warfare since siege warfare was invented. That's why it was always important to have wells inside the castle and the walled portion of any fortified city.
Rossticus
Apartment buildings must pose a serious threat to Russian security,

Rossticus
benchmark
AG
More smoke in the Moscov engine room.

Secret Signs Show Putin's Own Henchmen Are Turning on Him
Quote:

A human rights group that works closely with Russian inmates and investigates abuses by the security services has reportedly received a flood of calls from members of those same security services desperately trying to flee.

Gulagu.net, founded by Vladimir Osechkin, reports that the final straw appears to have been the brutal sledgehammer-execution video released by Russia's private army last weeka stomach-churning extrajudicial killing that the Kremlin politely averted its eyes from while the Putin-linked businessman thought to be behind it uses it for his own PR campaign.

"The reprisal with the use of a sledgehammer and the cruelty of [Wagner Group founder Yevgeny] Prigozhin, with the tacit consent of Putin, had an unexpected effect: for the third day, there is a steady stream of messages to the Gulagu.net hotline from employees of the Interior Ministry, the [Investigative Committee], the FSB and the [Federal Protective Service], the Federal Bailiff Service, etc., who want to leave the territory of lawlessness and cruelty," Gulagu.net reported.
Quote:

"The incident with a missile hitting Poland on Tuesday almost became a prologue to the seizure of power in Russia," the channel reported Thursday, claiming that high-ranking security officials had gathered in the immediate aftermath of the strike for "informal consultations."

"Knowing Putin's penchant for raising the stakes through escalation… this group of security officials quickly became convinced that in response to a Russian strike on a country included in NATO there could be both a retaliatory strike and an ultimatum."

So, according to the channel, they decided that "if the U.S. leadership and the adjoining countries show readiness for a harsh response, then the best way out would be to remove the current Russian president, Vladimir Putin, from power and create a collegial council of security officials to 'temporarily' take control of the country into their own hands … blaming all the problems on either a seriously ill or law-breaking president."
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
Wonder who in the west is buying that debt…
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark
AG
Doubling down and pushing the envelope.

ISW: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, NOVEMBER 18
Quote:

Russian officials are preparing for further covert mobilization efforts even as the fall conscription cycle is underway, likely further flooding the already overburdened Russian force generation apparatus in such a way that will be detrimental to the development of mobilized and conscripted servicemen.
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
benchmark said:

Doubling down and pushing the envelope.

ISW: RUSSIAN OFFENSIVE CAMPAIGN ASSESSMENT, NOVEMBER 18
Quote:

Russian officials are preparing for further covert mobilization efforts even as the fall conscription cycle is underway, likely further flooding the already overburdened Russian force generation apparatus in such a way that will be detrimental to the development of mobilized and conscripted servicemen.

If I understand correctly, Russia is sending in cannon fodder to use up Ukrainian supplies before sending in actual trained troops, for whatever they're worth. Would this necessitate an increase in small arms and ammunition, or other anti-personnel measures?
Ulysses90
AG
I read nothing in that ISW analysis that suggested Russia has actual trained troops or a plan to create them. Even if they had a plan, the don't have the equipment and suplies to execute a mass mobilization.

The methods and tools for raising a trained army are forgotten in Russia if the ever actually existed in the Soviet Union. I don't think my eyes and nose are lying to me and Russian forces look and smell like nothing but *****

As I read the ISW article it seems to describe a Russian plan to soak up Ukrainian bullets and artillery with Russian bodies until Ukraine runs out of bullets.
74OA
AG
Great breakdown of all three US aid packages for Ukraine. CSIS
Rossticus
Different angle of the gas line explosion.

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
That's pretty damn optimistic. Wonder what they have up their sleeve?

Rossticus
https://cepa.org/article/its-costing-peanuts-for-the-us-to-defeat-russia/

DCPD158
AG
Rossticus said:

This is how I feel about the Ukraine aid. I grew up during the Cold War and if this is what it takes to crush them, I all in
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

https://cepa.org/article/its-costing-peanuts-for-the-us-to-defeat-russia/

"These sums pale into insignificance when set against a total US defense budget of $715bn for 2022. The assistance represents 5.6% of total US defense spending. But Russia is a primary adversary of the US, a top tier rival not too far behind China, its number one strategic challenger. In cold, geopolitical terms, this war provides a prime opportunity for the US to erode and degrade Russia's conventional defense capability, with no boots on the ground and little risk to US lives."
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
Rossticus
Rossticus
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

I wonder which AA guns? Unless there's some ancient stuff in storage, not aware of any active British AA guns.
Rossticus
All native British AA guns are ancient except for the Marksman, which they produce but don't field.

Considering the success of the Gepard, the Marksman would be my guess and I suppose it's possible that there are some older units in storage or that they've been able to reach agreements to divert some Marksman units to Ukraine.

100+ still seems like a high number, though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marksman_anti-aircraft_system

Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 938 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.