***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,587,940 Views | 47807 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
benchmark
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Not to dig this up from a few pages back for no reason, but I just want to point out that Russia's intel sucks so badly that Zelensky can just show up, in the open, in recently liberated towns of importance and nothing happens. Their media was livid about him doing it in Izyum. I haven't seen anything yet about Kherson, but they can't be happy.
Penultimate troll ... after the same from Crimea.
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

aezmvp said:

Hope so and makes sense.

Shot down missiles rarely make craters that deep and large. Report I thought said missiles plural. Maybe one was shot down and one hit its target. That said if two impacted or were targeting same this is redudency in the mission and likely not an error in trajectory.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
lb3
AG
Waffledynamics said:

FriscoKid said:

Not to dig this up from a few pages back for no reason, but I just want to point out that Russia's intel sucks so badly that Zelensky can just show up, in the open, in recently liberated towns of importance and nothing happens. Their media was livid about him doing it in Izyum. I haven't seen anything yet about Kherson, but they can't be happy.
Did Russia not leave any spy's or even artillery spotters in Kherson?
JFABNRGR
AG
lb3 said:

Waffledynamics said:

FriscoKid said:

Did Russia not leave any spy's or even artillery spotters in Kherson?

That should point to where real loyalties, allegiances, and commitments are. Haghhh even russians don't want to be russian. Referendum free choice my ass.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
rgag12
AG
Waffledynamics said:

FriscoKid said:

Something tells me there was an agreement made early on in the war between the west and Russia that they wouldn't conduct operations to murder the others head of state. I noticed that Zelensky stopped saying tomorrow might be the day he dies about the same time Putin emerged from his mountain bunker.
agent-maroon
AG
Wouldn't that require russia to actually honor an agreement? That's not exactly what they're known for..
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Waffledynamics
AG

Quicker impromptu video about the missile strikes in Poland.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Fitch
AG
Some random thought bubbles since it's slow at the moment...

Interesting sequence of events to observe today following the missile fall in Poland...

Panic observed in Russian circles. Silence by some loudmouths and nonsensical blaming others without the facade of plausibility.

Aggressive posturing by Ukraine, with Zelensky making case for NATO involvement. The phrase "never let a good crisis go to waste" comes to mind.

Timed out with the G20 summit for NATO leaders to have face to face at formal 'round table' and impromptu pressers, but also offline work sessions in private residences. Couple of statements with "wait and see" and "maybe, maybe not" type phrasing when data from reconnaissance planes and radar / satellite systems would have been expeditiously available to prove up missile origination.

Reads a little like slow playing it by western powers to strategize on how to not get trapped into escalation. Back channel politics seems to be underway.

Makes me think a measured response of increasing aide and/or lethality of armament donations, or possibly closing skies over some geography would be at hand, but nothing that commits any one nation to more than what's already going on.
Rossticus
Yep. Pretty much.
Ernest Tucker
AG
Fitch said:

Some random thought bubbles since it's slow at the moment...

Interesting sequence of events to observe today following the missile fall in Poland...

Panic observed in Russian circles. Silence by some loudmouths and nonsensical blaming others without the facade of plausibility.

Aggressive posturing by Ukraine, with Zelensky making case for NATO involvement. The phrase "never let a good crisis go to waste" comes to mind.

Timed out with the G20 summit for NATO leaders to have face to face at formal 'round table' and impromptu pressers, but also offline work sessions in private residences. Couple of statements with "wait and see" and "maybe, maybe not" type phrasing when data from reconnaissance planes and radar / satellite systems would have been expeditiously available to prove up missile origination.

Reads a little like slow playing it by western powers to strategize on how to not get trapped into escalation. Back channel politics seems to be underway.

Makes me think a measured response of increasing aide and/or lethality of armament donations, or possibly closing skies over some geography would be at hand, but nothing that commits any one nation to more than what's already going on.

I've noticed all the media and statements say a missile "fell", not struck as a crater would indicate. Leads me to believe they are giving Russia and out here
Rossticus
US "sources" have been leaking that it's as we pretty much expected. Uke missile fired to intercept Russian cruise missile and isht came down in Poland. Tragic accident that, unfortunately, cost lives. At least that's the story that " unnamed sources" are leaking ahead of Poland's official disclosure of the results of their investigation.
74OA
AG
NATO: "Our preliminary analysis suggests that the incident was likely caused by a Ukrainian air defense missile fired to defend Ukrainian territory against Russian cruise missile attacks."

ACCIDENT[url=https://www.dw.com/en/poland-calls-missile-attack-an-unfortunate-accident-live/a-63773240][/url]
Waffledynamics
AG
P.U.T.U
AG
The S300 missile system is made to fire 2 missiles to shoot down incoming and is not that accurate since it was designed in the 70s. It seems likely that it missed and landed in Poland since we know that is the same trajectory as other missiles being shot from Belarus. Russian missiles are inaccurate but I don't see them missing by 5+ miles
Corporal Punishment
AG
Is Scott Ritter crazy or are we all just blind to what's going on? He insists no way Ukraine can win this war...

Yesterday Peter Zeihan predicts the (soon) takeover of Crimea. Yet here's ex-marine and weapons inspector Scott Ritter who just said "the only thing people should be thinking about is the arrival next month of 200,000 Russian troops and then the war will be over." Are they going to be armed with Mosin Nagants?

Dude seems giddy when predicting a Russian victory. Live on YouTube now.
TheHulkster
AG

Quote:

Is Scott Ritter crazy
Literally, yes.
MouthBQ98
AG
Most SAM self destruct once they detect they've lost track on the target or ability to reach it. The intent was to deny mostly intact samples to enemy Intel, and not any public safety, but it would usually do that.

A substantial malfunction could have caused a tracking error and guided SAM off course and many S-300 models do have a substantial warhead. If the missiles still thought they were tracking erroneously, they wouldn't detonate until proximity or impact.
aezmvp
TheHulkster said:

Quote:

Is Scott Ritter crazy
Literally, yes.
Yeah. The mobliks will make an impact, how much we have no idea but I have serious doubts that Russia can equip and resupply 200k more troops given what they've shown so far. I'm assuming their tail to tooth ratio is half ours (way more tooth, way less tail) but that hasn't translated to effective resupply. It will make it harder for Ukes to take territory but Russia has a lot of territory to defend and has completely lost the strategic initiative. To rebuild that they're going to take months to resupply and build up for that. In their place I'd be trying to reinforce better troops to my land bridge and putting mobliks into prepared defenses elsewhere.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Seems like, if the Ukrainian artillery advantage is as good as advertised, any new mobliks would just be cannon fodder...but I'm no military person.
GAC06
AG
Flashback to when an old Soviet drone likely modified into a crude cruise missile launched by Ukraine landed in Croatia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60709952.amp
74OA
AG
Quick overview of the critical air war raging over Ukraine. DEFENSE
aezmvp
Corporal Punishment said:

Seems like, if the Ukrainian artillery advantage is as good as advertised, any new mobliks would just be cannon fodder...but I'm no military person.
The stuff getting all the press is at most a couple of hundred tubes/tracks. Yeah that's great and you can do a lot of precision strikes but the ammo is expensive and while effective there are things you can do to mitigate some of it and it will take time to wear down 200,000 troops. Ukraine is as big as Texas so you're spreading that thin and you will have a different list of targets (drone areas, C&C points, AD assets, ammo dumps, logistics hubs, forward repair facilities/storage, marshalling points, river crossings, airfields, just to name a few) that might be higher priority than smaller troop concentrations.
Rossticus
Ag In Ok
AG
Damn that guy sees the truth.

If Russia could train and throw 200k troops at the front of their choice and actually integrate their forces to support each other and advance, yes they should win. However they are under trained, moderately equipped and utterly isolated from true combined arms.
Rossticus
Interesting response from Ukrainian Defense Secretary

ABATTBQ11
AG
Yes, he is a moron. He has been 100% wrong on basically everything Ukraine related since the beginning and writes for RT. He is quite literally a propagandist.
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yes, he is a moron. He has been 100% wrong on basically everything Ukraine related since the beginning and writes for RT. He is quite literally a propagandist.

Not to mention a convicted pedo who fled to work for Russia as a result.
Ag In Ok
AG
74OA said:

Quick overview of the critical air war raging over Ukraine. DEFENSE

Watched this last night - helpful breakdown in detail on the same report.

PJYoung
AG
I don't know if this was posted from a couple of days ago but it's a really good explanation of what Russia is facing in Crimea. Pretty much a no win situation for them because of their supply issue.

PJYoung
AG
What a story.

javajaws
AG
PJYoung said:

What a story.
Not so subtle reminder that... life finds a way.

But that camo Porsche!!!
Who?mikejones!
First Page Last Page
Page 932 of 1367

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.