***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,583,521 Views | 47797 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Eliminatus
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JFABNRGR said:

Pravdyne liberated only 20 miles from Kherson city center the Snihurivka town is actually closer to 40 miles. Closing in on several directions.

certainly seems like some type of offensive is successfully marching toward Kherson City...
LMCane
Private PoopyPants said:

Waffledynamics said:

This was one of his last social media posts because he is (allegedly) now dead.

LOL that car was ripped apart.

I guess the Russians didn't have a tall building from which Stremousov could fall out of...
JFABNRGR
AG
meanwhile defense in depth is underway all the way to northern crimea. FWIW I have not located this yet. Sure seems to me orcs are focused on keeping what they have south and east of the Dnipro.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Rossticus

Rossticus
If 100% legit retreat…

Rossticus
Thread:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1590384793602392065.html

Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
P.U.T.U
AG
The guy being interviewed is a retired MARSOC Marine that was training Ukes before the war started and has been over there a total of 5 times with gear like IFAKs, boots, uniforms, body armor, etc. that the soldiers on the ground are asking for. He said for the most part Ukraine is not going on the offensive and the times they have they cut through the Russians like butter. He didn't get why they are just lobbing artillery without infantry attacking underneath of it. He said that Ukraine is also told how and when they can use certain equipment so they are not in complete control of their own tactics.

There has been a lot of propaganda on both sides with the use of social media.

Also how Russia went from being a superpower to this becoming a proxy war with Iran, China, and North Korea using Russia and the west using Ukraine. The USA saw Russia as a military superpower when they have proven they were anything but.
LMCane
not sure I have ever seen a scenario before where the defending side says in public "we have lost and need to retreat" (against a RIVER LINE)

and the advancing side says: "we don't believe you we are not going to advance very fast"
AgLA06
AG
LMCane said:

not sure I have ever seen a scenario before where the defending side says in public "we have lost and need to retreat" (against a RIVER LINE)

and the advancing side says: "we don't believe you we are not going to advance very fast"

Probably because what Russia says is worthless and their Intel and recon is what matters. As it should be.

Russia troops aren't changing into civilian clothes throughout the city if they're pulling out.
AgBQ-00
AG
I really think Russia is trying to lure Ukraine into heavy urban combat. Mentioned earlier in the thread they are probably trying to set up a pseudo-Stalingrad. If they can lock the Uke's into place there it may open areas for advance elsewhere.

Uke's need to find a way to cut Kherson off somewhere to the east and roll it up from the rear on the other side of the river.
lb3
AG
LMCane said:

I feel like Russia is hoping to put up a limited but fierce defense of Kherson like the Ukes did when defending Mariupol.

The Ukes seem to not want to see the city leveled like Mariupol was so they seem likely to bypass the city.
SmallBusiness
P.U.T.U said:

Also how Russia went from being a superpower to this becoming a proxy war with Iran, China, and North Korea using Russia and the west using Ukraine. The USA saw Russia as a military superpower when they have proven they were anything but.
As Gen. Ben Hodges says, "Russia likes to think their army is the second strongest in the world; right now their army is the second strongest in Ukraine."
JFABNRGR
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

I really think Russia is trying to lure Ukraine into heavy urban combat. Mentioned earlier in the thread they are probably trying to set up a pseudo-Stalingrad. If they can lock the Uke's into place there it may open areas for advance elsewhere.

Uke's need to find a way to cut Kherson off somewhere to the east and roll it up from the rear on the other side of the river.
Given the choices between between urban warfare and attacking through open fields I am going with urban warfare, however for me to get to engage in urban warfare in Kherson, I still have to run through the fields surrounding Kherson sans ABN capabilities.

Besides russian military falling apart something else has hit a breaking point in mother russia or possibly a combination thereof: Economy, out of ammo, out of compliant conscript able troops, internal power struggle, backdoor deals which may have included a veiled threat that ATACAMS already proven are headed to UKR in great supply. We also need to see what happens in the NE if the retreat is real and if Ukes drop HIMARS on the 3-5 temp crossings as they are loaded up with orcs and orc equipment. If I am the theater commander I am telling orcs to leave all equipment and walk out or the HIMARS are inbound hot and you can swim across.

Also the HIMARS radius above is incorrect you still need a 20KM+ buffer to secure the HIMARS from arty counter fire.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
AgBQ-00
AG
But would you rather undertake that urban warfare after cutting off supply lines or have to fight through it while they are able to resupply. (Granted their logistics train has been a mess so it might not matter.) But I'd rather have them completely cut off than leave the possibility they might get their crap together.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Rossticus said:

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
P.U.T.U
AG
I think Russia has pockets of advanced technology that we fear like rockets and some of their planes. At the end of the day an army is as tough as their soldiers which have been proven fat, dumb, and lazy.

If Russia is getting out of Kherson I think they will pull back and then send 50+ rockets into the city. They can't defeat Ukraine but they can try to demoralize the citizens. If Russia cuts off the pipelines and takes out power plants Ukraine could have a tough winter
DCPD158
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I think Russia has pockets of advanced technology that we fear like rockets and some of their planes. At the end of the day an army is as tough as their soldiers which have been proven fat, dumb, and lazy.

If Russia is getting out of Kherson I think they will pull back and then send 50+ rockets into the city. They can't defeat Ukraine but they can try to demoralize the citizens. If Russia cuts off the pipelines and takes out power plants Ukraine could have a tough winter
If Russia starts this, you can be sure of Ukraine cutting fresh water to Crimea. Ukraine will be cold, but Crimea will be melting snow to drink
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
benchmark
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Given the choices between between urban warfare and attacking through open fields I am going with urban warfare, however for me to get to engage in urban warfare in Kherson, I still have to run through the fields surrounding Kherson sans ABN capabilities.
Given the choices for Kherson, I'm going with the turkey shoot option. Pound 'em unmercifully with surgical strikes until they leave voluntarily. It's only a question of when, not if.
JFABNRGR
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

But would you rather undertake that urban warfare after cutting off supply lines or have to fight through it while they are able to resupply. (Granted their logistics train has been a mess so it might not matter.) But I'd rather have them completely cut off than leave the possibility they might get their crap together.
cut off for sure even besieged for a bit but how do you do that safely when your in arty range from the other side of the river.

I am an airborne guy and its so hard to accept that capability isn't there to jump behind them, have CAS, or direct air.....that said I think bypass while keeping pressure on and come through somewhere else but where after relooking at the map and terrain again, and without a real air & naval capability this whole area all the way to the Donetsk region is nasty and will remain to the King of Battle. There really isn't another option IMO except keep pushing with as minimal loss as you can south and SE. Maybe focus on the other cities which are already so damaged melitopul/mariupol and hope they really do leave Kherson and its still standing.

I think the shelling back and forth that has occurred in the east since 2014 is going to repeat in the south between dnipro and northern crimea for years to come. Hopefully Zelensky's 152/155/220MM ammo orders assumed the long war needs.

Send them another dozen HIMARS or ATACAMS.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Ag In Ok
AG
If they want to take Kherson carefully, ok then. Cross the DNeiper, take Nova Kakhovka, race east on the highway and take Melitipol. To the northeast, Retake Svatove. Then back to the southwest punch them at Enerhodar and the power plant. Then say they will field a call with Putin.

Waffledynamics
AG
Interesting thread about what's going on in Kherson.

Full thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1590445464981499905.html

I'm glad to see this news considering the lousy couple of days for the USA.
JFABNRGR
AG
"It appears RU may want to trade blood for time in Kherson"

Maps

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1lscRK6ehG0l2V-XvJ16nsyblMsQ&ll=47.046645088752705%2C33.62601687829163&z=11

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1gO8X7RC8cUzc-1q7-s4-09X53HNIEJA&ll=47.947523487668825%2C36.97236740200958&z=8
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
agent-maroon
AG
JFABNRGR said:

"It appears RU may want to trade blood for time in Kherson"
Not trying to be an ass about your post, but when has that ever not been true? The orcs send their own to die when other options would work better.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Interesting thread about what's going on in Kherson.

Full thread: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1590445464981499905.html

I'm glad to see this news considering the lousy couple of days for the USA.

There is potential that they could leave 16K troops behind if they blow the dam on their way out. They have a lot of mobiks, but 16k men left to die or surrender is just staggering.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
MouthBQ98
AG
They did that by an order of magnitude larger in WWII in 1941. They had the population to make that workable.
Not a Bot
AG
JFABNRGR
AG
I agree and posted the quote from the tweeted article because I dont believe the publized retreat from Kherson carries the same meaning we westerners think it means.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
lb3
AG
If the Ukes have comparable casualties to the Russians, it would explain their reluctance to commit troops to the offensive.
First Page Last Page
Page 918 of 1366

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.